5

"I'm sorry!"

Shouted by his best friend right after sipping on his favorite Starbucks drink inside the coffee shop. Aether promised Venti to treat him today as an apology for not being able to pick him up last night. Although Aether had no faults at all.

"How many times am I going to say that it's not your fault. I mean, technically it was mine since I was a bitch and thought it would be a good idea to go drinking by myself."

"Just kinda makes me guilty. If Kazuha didn't see you then what could've happened to you?! Gosh, I can't afford to think about those things..." he sighs in frustration, and when he opens his eyes... He caught a glimpse of two individuals sharing the same table, same smile, and laugh. His eyes immediately widen.

He pats Venti, his eyes still glued on the two people. "What?"

"Isn't that your suitor, Scaramouche?"

"Huh? He's not my suitor-" his jaw dropped in no second after seeing him with... Celeste Zoe?! But why?! "Bitch... I can feel there's something between them."

"I thought she's back with Xiao again?"

"Don't tell me she's cheating on him?!"

"We can't judge her too quickly!" the two continue to gossip about matters they shouldn't even care about. They don't understand why they were so invested in it when... Venti's supposed to stay away from those. Because he's trying to move on. "I really thought that Scaramouche is your suitor... I guess he has the looks."

Venti quickly got angry and hissed, "Younger men are not my type. I'm into rich hot daddies."

"Thanks for describing Xiao." Aether rolled his eyes and continued drinking. "Hey, Aether... If Zoe is going out with random men... Doesn't that mean she's not into Xiao anymore?" he asked with a small smile but with big hopes in it.

"Girl, don't even start hoping. We are moving on."

"But he let me stay in his house last night!"

"You're reacting like that as if it's not what a normal person would do if someone fucking knocked on your door and say that he brought over a drunk bitch and that he couldn't bring him home because of visitors."

He pouts. Maybe Aether's right.

The two people from the other table stood up and gave each other kisses on the cheeks. It's just a friendly gesture, right?

But not for these two bitches. There's something with Scaramouche and Zoe, they thought. They look at each other at the same time with wide eyes and jaws dropped. "No way..."

"Hey! Venti. We meet again. Must be fate's work." he started walking towards their table, and they also noticed that Zoe has already left the shop. No way, is he trying to play both of them at the same time?! Aether and his motherly instincts. He immediately smelled something fishy.

"Oh hello, Scaramouche."

"Hi, Aether."

Aether wore the fakest smile, and Venti was aware of it. "So how are you, Venti?"

"I'm good-"

"We're good. You know, just taking our moment in life as best friends. You know those things?" the man nods hesitantly before looking at Venti again. "Are-"

"You know, Scaramouche, I and my best friend actually have plans and we really have to go right now. Maybe next time. Bye!" he dragged Venti out of the coffee shop. "Woo, thanks."

"Was he planning to two time both of you? No way in hell I'd let that happen. That beauty of yours does not deserve to be treated like this."

"I'm glad to have you, mwa."