23

“Will it be okay if we keep it a secret for now? People are still grieving over Aether's death... And I feel like announcing that we're engaged is a disrespect to him... I'm sorry if I am being sensitive... I just don't want people to forget about him that quickly.”

“Of course, love, I understand. We can tell them whenever you want. I'll wait.”

Xiao was a very understanding boyfriend, and Venti loves him for that. He was scared that he'll get angry for him being so... Over sensitive. He just really wanted to respect Aether's death. He wanted to let the people grieve first.

“Thank you... Thank you so much.” he cried on his chest once again, reminiscing the happenings.

“Do you mind if I start with the preparations, though? I'd do it in a secret, of course.”

“Mm, not really. The earlier it is the better, I want to marry you as soon as possible...”

“I want to marry you right now.”

If only.

“Hey, are you crying?” Venti wiped his tears... He doesn't want Xiao to know that he was still crying. Lately, he's been feeling like a burden to him, like he's someone who always needs someone to comfort him. “I know you are.” Venti chuckled, admitting that he was.

“Stop crying or I'll hug you so tight.”

He couldn't stop his tears... Not because of sadness, but from happiness.

Xiao embraced his body tighter than ever, kissing his hose, his cheeks, his forehead, his chin, and lastly, his lips.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Was that the first time he said I love you back? I don't remember. Before... It use to only be Xiao who says I love you... And now Venti was comfortable enough to say it back.

“I have one more favor to ask, Xiao.”

“Yes?”

“Can we... Reserve a seat for Aether?” Xiao might get weirded out... Why would he reserve a seat for someone who's dead?

“That's a good idea. Let's make the chair the most special one, because I know he's the most important thing in your life.”

He was really understanding...

He thinks maturely. If it was others, they'd get jealous and possessive knowing that their partner's most special person is their best friend. But Xiao? He respects and understands it.

Aether came into his life before he did.

He was there where Venti was at his lowest.

It would be very understandable that he was the closest in his heart.

What's important was that Venti loves him, he doesn't need to be the best at everything.

You will really see where Hirang got her mature mindset even from such a young age.

“We can even put a photo frame of him on the chair! Just so people could know that it was specifically made for him,” he was very supportive of Venti's idea, Xiao knew that Kazuha would also be happy because of this.

He liked this too... It would be very sweet to have sunflowers on the chair along with his picture. He smiles. He will definitely do this.

It has been a few weeks... And it doesn't look too good for them.

Zoe and the others were starting to notice things between Xiao and Venti... Of how close and clingy there with each other even when in public. Zoe once saw Xiao wearing a suspicious ring! He said it was just for style. Which makes it more skeptical! Xiao never goes in style!