Epilogue

Just like on normal weekdays, after work I'd pick up my daughter from school. I'm so close to getting a service for her, it's a hassle to try and put my responsibilities as my father at the front. I have so many things to do at work. Giving me no time for my own child...

For she might think that I hate her, but the truth is really far away from that. There isn't any reason for me to hate the only thing I had left, the only reason I wake up from my bed and continue on my job as a CEO.

"Daddy is always late! I am tired of waiting for him, he should just marry his work instead of taking care of me!"

"Hey... Don't say that to your father. Hirang, he's doing his job for you, all parents have a job for their children, because they love them."

I have witnessed this scene over and over again for the past few months enrolled her in. It stung at first but I am glad she finally had someone to let all her anger from me go, her teacher. I catch them sometimes talking together at his desk where there were no other students because I pick her up quite late. She'd look upset every time, head down, and with an upside-down smile. I already knew it was because of me.

The only times I see her happy are when she's with her mother... But never with me.

But that teacher has become her comfort ever since. As her father, I am happy that she wouldn't have to feel so alone anymore.

Once we were home, my phone started buzzing in my pocket, I immediately answered the call, ignoring my daughter's presence.

"Good afternoon Mr. Xiao, I had already finished preparing documents regarding the new project."

"Could I be one of those beautiful ladies standing on stage... Wearing a pretty, cute pink dress, daddy?"

I silenced my microphone as I sigh. This topic all over again. "Please... Hirang. We've talked about this, you will inherit the company when you grow up, focus on it!"

"But that's not what I want to do..." I saw how upset she was. Her eyes were forming tears.

"You will learn how to love it too... Someday..."

She just ran inside her room, shutting the door aggressively. I just screamed at her... I didn't mean to, I really didn't. I was just too stressed from work all day... That I wasn't able to control my tiredness anymore. Is that it? Do I need a break? Do I need a break from this stupid job?

After all, this career was the root of my downfall.

Ah, I don't know. I have some responsibilities there too, I just can't let the family company down. I have to work for as long as my retirement. "Mr. Xiao?"

"Ah, yes, good afternoon Selene-"

Just like the normal boring days, Hirang has to get ready for school and I'd put her in her classroom. And then... Sigh. Another day at the office.

I was about to leave when I saw my daughter entering the classroom until I felt something hot on my chest... The teacher just spilled his coffee on me. He even sniffed me?

"Uhm?" once he finally realized that I wasn't some type of wall or anything, he looked up at me in fear. I got to see his aquamarine, ocean-like eyes, this close... For free?! Those eyes were so captivating, that I lost myself for a second. I would pay millions for those.

He hurriedly ran towards his desk to get tissues, I do not think it's gonna help tryna get the stain out, though. He was so panicked, it was so obvious in his eyes. "Oh my god! I- oh my lord... Hey! It's okay! Here, wait, I'll just..."

"Goodness gracious..."

It was too awkward for me, he was too close, I gulped hard. I hope he doesn't hear my heart... Beating, or whatever. "Please let go teacher Ven."