To be Claimed by Her

By theEveofChaos

An Academy fan fiction. The Blackborne and Toma teams had fallen apart after learning Sang and Kaylie were ag... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Tying the Knot
Chapter 134
Epilogue
Moving Forward - upcoming book
Second Book Update
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter 12

Chapter 76

2.4K 135 5
By theEveofChaos

Trigger Warning - mentions of rape, abuse

Victor's POV

The knocking on my door was so faint I almost didn't hear it. When I shuffled to the door and opened it, I was surprised to see my jewel in full Fae form standing there naked. "Can I sleep here tonight," she asked, "um, Sean and Owen needed some alone time." Her cheeks tinged a lovely pink shade as she spoke.

"Of course, Jewel," I said, opening the door wider, "you are always welcome here." She slipped inside and stood, as if uncertain what to do next. I took her hand and led her towards the bed, sitting down and pulling her with me. She looked around the room as if taking in every detail. "Is everything okay? Do you need a drink or want to talk?"

She shook her head, "No, it's just, I've never been in your room before. I guess it isn't what I expected. Do you still play?" she nodded towards the piano.

I let out a sigh. I honestly don't know why I've kept it all these years. "I used to. I was sort of famous when I was younger, a prodigy they said, but my parents were greedy people who used my talent for their personal gain." I stared at the damned thing until I felt her hand over my clenched hand and met her gaze.

"I'm sorry, mo dhragún, I didn't mean to upset you. I'd seen some memories in the bond, but not many surrounding the piano," she whispered, never moving her hand. "We can set it on fire," she giggled.

My eyes bulged then I threw my head back in a roaring laugh. Anyone else would have asked more questions or even begged me to play, but not my Jewel. She offered to burn it all down! I grabbed her face and kissed her, then pulled back, "I fucking love you!" She laughed with me as she pulled in her wings and we climbed under the covers. "Oh, I may actually take you up on that offer. It might be cathartic." She laid against my chest and I listened as her breathing evened out before letting myself fall asleep.

It felt warm, too warm. I opened my eyes and all I could see was darkness. I reached for Eveleen but realized she wasn't there. I wasn't even in my room any longer. "Eveleen!" I screamed but got no response. I began to walk, but couldn't even tell if I was actually moving. It was as if I was in a black hole. Fuck, had Erebus gotten to her, to us? Where the hell am I?

"You are in the Void," a deep voice said as if answering my unspoken questions.

"What and where the hell is the Void?" I demanded, "And where is Eveleen?"

"The Void is the Father of the Titans." A towering figure that looked to be made of flames with large horns and black eyes stepped from the darkness. "I have brought you to me, Victor. I am Typhon and we have much to discuss."

"Where is Eveleen? Is she safe?" I persisted, not ready to discuss anything if he wouldn't answer this question.

He waved a hand and showed her still on the bed, laying in my arms. "You are both still there. I have simply brought your consciousness here. Gaia watches over her to keep Erebus at bay while you are here." He reduced his form until his height was similar to my own. "Come, we need to discuss what my uncle has done to her."

I nodded and followed him. The flames from his body seemed to pierce the nothingness and create a path. We entered an area that made me think of a hellscape from a video game. The sky had a burnished red tone, and the ground was covered in lifeless ground consisting of rocks, sand, and possibly dirt. Typhon sat on a large boulder and motioned to one across from him. I leaned against it tentatively, feeling completely out of my element here. I know he had claimed me, but I was still wary of him.

"Your caution is well-founded, Victor. I am not a kind God." He swung his arm wide, "This is where I was created. I am the child of Gaia and Tartarus. My sole purpose is destruction and I generally revel in it. I find beauty in what most find obscene." He showed the image of Jewel and me in bed again. "Erebus seeks to warp what she is. Usually, I would stay out of the matter, but his plans will create an imbalance as we've never seen before. His own wife objects to his plans as you already know."

"You're speaking in circles. How does the creation of shadows throw everything into such an imbalance? What does he really gain that he doesn't have already with his shades?" There was something no one was telling us, and dammit, I wanted answers.

Typhon shifted in size as if he was struggling to maintain control. I could feel his anger filling the space. "That isn't important!" he growled.

"The fuck it isn't!" I shouted back at him. "All of you, every God and Goddess are playing a long game and we are just your fucking pawns. Each of you is angling for something from her. You assume we will just blindly accept your claims and follow your orders because we love her, but I won't. I love her enough to ask the questions you don't want me to know." I let the anger in my body flood me as I shifted, using the very power he gave me to transform. I was engulfed in flames and towered over his reduced form. "Is this what you want from me? To give in to the anger, to claim her for your gain instead of his?" His form began to grow to match my own. I swung my fist at him, roaring, "Answer me!"

I guess he didn't expect me to swing, because I managed to make him stumble backward. However, he recovered quickly and came back swinging at me. "You insolent child," he roared, "You have no idea what she is, who she is. All of you are love-sick fools who will be lost just like her!"

I lost it. I charged him full force, pinning him to the ground, punching his head repeatedly, "Did you just threaten my Jewel? Make no mistake, I will destroy you and anyone else who threatens her, claim or no claim." I closed my hand around his throat, keeping him pinned. "You better start telling me everything, or I'll rip your fucking head off right here."

His body slumped under me and he began to reduce his form again. I let my hold free but stayed alert. "She doesn't even understand who she is." Typhon started, rubbing his throat. "Her mother was the Queen of the Light Fae. Erebus sent a Dark Fae to rape her, but not just any dark Fae. He sent King Rion."

"Phineas told her that her mother had been forced by a half-demon, half Dark Fae, but didn't give any more details than that." I motioned my hand for him to go on. I didn't know the first thing about Fae politics, and I doubted Jewel did either.

"Rion is a bastard son of Balor, King of the Fomorian demons. He was also a product of rape when Balor attacked the Dark Fae kingdom many centuries ago. He was raised by Balor and is ruthless. The Fomorians placed him on the Dark Fae throne as a puppet king. Eveleen's mother was supposed to take Rion as her husband when she became pregnant, but she refused." I was getting impatient. Yes, the history was interesting, but what did this have to do with Erebus and my Jewel? I started pacing as Typhon noticed my irritation.

"You're rambling, old man," I grumbled, "get on with it. How does this connect her to Erebus now, especially if the coup failed?"

Typhon clapped his hands together, "But it didn't." I stopped in my tracks. "The rumor was spread that the Queen had killed herself, but she is very much alive and imprisoned by Rion in Faire. Rion rebelled against Erebus and sought his own plans for the child. Phineas was sent to kidnap Eveleen so that Erebus could have the upper hand over Rion." My head was swimming - her mother was alive? "If Erebus impregnates her, then he has a legitimate claim to both Fae thrones. Fae magic rivals all other magics, Victor. She has no idea how truly powerful she really is, and a child, oh gods, a child will create a bond between Faire and any pantheon its father is from."

I held my head in my hands, trying to process it all. "What about the stone? How do we stop the spell he's placed on it?" I waited for him to answer, but he just kept his head lowered. "You did not just tell me all of that to say there's nothing that can be done." I pleaded. "How do I, how do any of us save her?"

"I don't know. All I know is that the only definite way to ensure Erebus loses is to impregnate her before he can. She may not survive, but the child will. Her magic will pass to the child. Faire will only recognize the first born as its ruler." His words were like a punch to my stomach. I wanted to vomit. "Gaia can ensure her fertility," he whispered.

My head snapped up. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I gasped, "Are you seriously suggesting I rape her, to force a pregnancy on her right now?" I felt the fire in me begin to rage again.

"No!" his voice boomed, jumping to his feet. "I suggest you discuss this with her. Give her the choice." He reached out and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Keep looking for a way to save her, but tell her the truth. Give her the choice. I only meant to say that Gaia's powers of creation can ensure she can conceive despite Erebus's spell." My flame extinguished as the severity of the conversation sank in. He knelt before me, "I understand if you wish to revoke my claim. I am not a benevolent God, and you deserve better, but if you will continue with me, I promise to do my best to help her and your family, Victor. Sometimes the dark is the best place to find ways to battle the dark."

I knew there was the possibility that someone else would claim me, but I also felt this was what I was meant for. Despite the darkness Typhon possessed, he was also powerful. His gifts might make me the only one that could physically take Erebus on. "I choose to keep your claim, Typhon. Just remember, you chose me because I'm not mindless, nor passive. I will challenge you and ask questions. I'm not a complacent child."

He bellowed a deep laugh, "I expect no less." He motioned to me, "Come here when you need a place to practice your skills. In the meantime, get back to your love. Gaia and I will continue to search. Be careful when you take her back to Ireland. Rion isn't much better than Erebus." I nodded my head, then the darkness came again.

I bolted upright in the bed panicking as I looked around. There was a woman with long brown hair and haunted eyes standing at the foot of the bed. She held her finger to her lips and pointed to Eveleen.

"Gaia," I asked softly. She nodded then held her hand to her stomach. I shook my head. "Not unless she decides. It must be her decision, and hers alone, do you understand?" Gaia bowed her head, then vanished. I fell back against the bed trying to figure out how the hell I was going to explain all of this to her, to everyone.

Author's Notes: I struggled with putting this dilemma on Victor, but again, much like Gabriel, I think his character has so much potential. 

I'm not sure how much I will be able to post in the next few days.  Sadly, I lost a dear friend to Covid today.  Take no day for granted, my lovelies-hug those you love, call them, go see them.  We are not promised tomorrow ~ Eve

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 2.9K 41
When Derrick died, someone sang loved dearly and considered as a father figure. Leaving her to her abusive family. Things begin to change as she lear...
162K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...
128K 6.5K 52
After years of peace, Raven's nightmares have returned and they are always about the same thing, his precious Kitten. Who is this Kitten that is plag...
190K 8.2K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...