Avatar: The Fire Twins

By O_Cansino

The Fire Nation royal family are one of the more powerful families of all the world. They possess a great ski... More

The kid from the sky
Innocence of a child
Fire Bending
Agni-Kai
Overcoming the past
First Mission
The rescue of a baby
The chase
Promises
Bonding
Protecting home
Betrayal
Surprise News
The end of the war
Fulfilling a promise
Family reunion. PART1
Family reunion Part 2
Notes before the chapter
The New Threat
The strongest team
Training time
The Saibaimen
The real battle begins
A hopeless feeling
The end of the invasion
A new plan
Destination Namekku-sei
The Dragon Balls
Vegeta's new power
Need to rest
The last soldier
THE GINYÜ TOKUSENTAI!
Azula's disappointment
Furiza's transformation
Goku arrived
Goku's true power
Escape from Namekku-sei
The golden warrior
A gift for hard work
Notes before the next saga
No weakling allowed
Kyoshi Island
The Fire Nation
Northern Water Tribe
Republic City
A new fruit
A Cooler visit to Fire Nation
Notes

The peace is back

793 27 7
By O_Cansino

Toph was talking to The Great Patriarch when TomTom screamed her name. She turned and went to where he was as she realized that Katara just arrived with two giant locks of ice.

Katara left the blocks on the ground and ran to hug Toph.

- Come on, Sugar Queen! We have an Avatar to wake up.

Katara did not leave the hug but nodded with tears in her eyes. It was strange that Katara did not say anything back to her after calling her Sugar Queen.

When the waterbender finally broke the hug, she saw the Namekku-seijins and she stepped back.

- What are they?

- They are the Namekku-seijins that are going to help us with this. But officially, we can say that they are from the spirit world.

Katara only nodded. Toph pointed at the blocks of ice.

- Would you please remove the ice on them?

- Are you sure?

- Hundred porcent.

Katara nodded. She waterbend the ice, and it became water, leaving the bodies of Aang and Soka exposed. The Namekku-seijins watched everything with curiosity.

Toph turned to see The Great Patriarch, and he smiled. Snai nodded, and he walked to Porunga, who was still waiting for the next wish.

- Papito latongoge: Avatar Aang, Sokka, vasato gayegulule!

Porunga's eyes went bright again, but nothing happened. Katara looked at the body of Aang and Soka still lifeless and then looked away.

- I can resurrect them, but the one called "Avatar Aang", has two souls. And that will count as two resurrections.

- Two souls?

Asked Katara, who turned back to the Dragon.

- Yes. One is for the person called Aang. The other is called Raava, a being who shares its powers with him.

Katara stood with his eyes widened and unable to make a decision. Toph wanted to wish for Aang to come back, but she also wanted her friend Sokka alive. She turned to see The Great Patriarch. The old Namekku-seijin understood the dilemma and talked to Toph.

- Do not worry. The Dragon Balls will be able to grant you wishes in a year. If you can wait for the other one to be back to life, I suggest you bring back your friend with two souls first. Toph smiled and nodded.

Katara also heard everything but stood still. Snai nodded at Toph and looked at the Dragon.

- Popurunga! Papito latongoge Avatar Aang!

- Very well.

The Dragon nodded, and his eyes got bright again.

Katara was looking only at the body of Aang. He was not moving, and she was getting sad again, but then she saw it. Aang's chest was moving. Aang was breathing. Katara could not believe it and ran to his side and hugged him.

Aang opened his eyes, and the first thing he saw was the smile on Katara's face. He caressed her face, putting away her hair, and then he saw it. An enormous Dragon in the air. But this Dragon was not like those he knew. It did not look like the Dragons from his childhood.

Then the Dragon became white, and the Dragon balls started to float around it. Then the Dragon Balls turned white and fell to the ground. The sky, full of black clouds, was cleaned, and the blue sky could be seen.

The Namekku-seijins cheered, but then the GreatPatriarch called for all of them. The Namekku-seijins walked and stood around the Great Patriarch. Kids and adults were standing with concern.

- It seems that my time it's nearly at the end... Snai, please come closer.

Snai walked next to the Great Patriarch with shaking legs.

- You are the eldest of the survivors. From here on, you shall be the Great Patriarch. In time, the Dragon Balls will once again gain their brilliance. Use them well.

Snai nodded with tears in his eyes. The great Patriarch smiled and said.

- May Namek forever have its peace.

After that, the Patriarch disappeared.

Toph had a lump in her throat. She respected the Namekku-seijins, and the Great Patriarch was a leader loved by all of his people. He helped them right away, and she felt bad about his departure. Toph got closer to one Namekku-seijin and asked.

- Why don't you just wish him back with the Dragon Balls.

- Because it can not resurrect those who die from natural causes.

Toph nodded and clenched her fist.

After Aang was resurrected, he was hugged by Katara. He saw the departure of the big green older man. Then he realized that all the people around him has green skin with antennas on their heads. He got closer to Katara and asked.

- Who are they?

- I am not sure. Toph came with them. They seem to be the ones that helped to resurrect you.

- Resurrect me? I was dead? For how long?

- Around 2 months.

- 2 months?!

Everyone turned to see Aang after that scream, and he just smiled a shame.

- Yes. Now give me a minute. Let me put Sokka on ice.

Aang nodded, and then he turned and saw the body of Sokka. The Avatar wanted to help, but Katara stopped him and told him that he needed to rest, so he decided to talk with Toph.

- Hey Toph. So, 2 months have passed since I died, uh?

- 2 months?!

Now was Toph who screamed.

- It was barely 1 month and a week. I only slept like two times there.

The young Namekku-seijin that helped Toph to take the Dragon Balls, got closer.

- Ms Toph, is it normal that your sky only has one sun?

- Huh? Yea, of course.

- Oh, I thought there was a problem. In Namekku-sei were three.

- Oh, so that's why.

- Sorry?

- Well, it seems that we were on your planet for a month.

- Really? After the day you arrived, it only passed three days.

- What? So that means that I was in the space for three weeks?!

Toph's exasperated mannerism made the place a little more relaxed. Normally, she is not that way, especially after the war, that kind of behaviour is shown only around Goku and Azula. In front of others, she had the image of a serious and strict young woman.

Snai got closer to Toph.

- Perdon me, Toph. Once the Dragon Balls regain their shine, my people and I plan to wish for the planet to be rebuilt and transferred there. Obviously, the first wish will be for your friend to be revived.

Toph started to think, but Aang got an idea.

- You all can move to the Southern Air Temple. It's where I grew up. It is abandoned right now, so it will have enough space for you all...

Aang said with a smile and turned to see them, but then he stopped when he saw one man with his back leaning against a tree. The Avatar recognized him right away.

- What are you doing here?!

Vegeta sneered at Aang.

- You just realized that I was here?

The Avatar put a fighting stance, but Vegeta did not move. Suddenly Toph hit Aang's head, without too much force.

- Calmed down. He helped in this whole thing.

- Did he?

Aang asked incredulously but with hope. Toph turned to Vegeta and walked in his direction.

- So, What are you going to do?

Vegeta only frowned at Toph.

- You have no ship to leave the planet and no place to go.

Vegeta only turned his gaze to the sky.

- You can come to live at my Academy. I may need someone to help me train the non-benders.

Katara was done with putting Soka's body on ice, and then she turned to Toph.

- You are not serious, are you? He is the monster that killed our friends, and that destroyed, the Chin Village.

Toph only scratched her head.

- The village was destroyed by his friend, right?

Vegeta was surprised that she knew turned to see her.

- See? The energy used to destroy was not his. Also, Sokka was killed by the gross earth monster, the Saibai-whatever. And Aang...

Katara was frowning, and Aang also heard the whole conversation.

- He flew directly to his attack. I mean, the attack was not even in his direction.

Katara was angrier, and when she was about to say something, Aang stopped her.

- Calm down Katara. I mean, she is right, and in the end, I am here. And Sokka will also be resurrected.

After that incident, everything went back to calm. Katara went back to Tu Zin with the bock of ice. She later came back and gave Aang his weasel. He used it, and after a moment, the fly-bison appeared, landed close to Aang and started to lick him.

The Namekku-sejins were scared at first, as they thought that the animal was going to eat the Avatar, but when they saw the man smiling and laughing, they relaxed.

The number of survivors was not big. Only two villages were saved. And Aang went did multiple flies to can move all the Namekku-seijins. The Avatar also stayed at the Southern Air temple. Katara smiled and promised him to go later because she needed to go for Bumi.

Toph went back to Tu-Zin together with Vegeta, TomTom and the guards.

After they reached the city, Toph spoke with Tomtom and Ukano. She told them that Goku and Azula would be back, but she didn't know when. That they will be training together. They accepted that answer, and TomTom added that they must be in the spiritual world, just like their father. Toph did not clarify the misunderstanding because neither did she know if they will come back at all.

Aang stayed in the Southern Air temple with the Namekku-seijins. Katara and his son Bumi was also there. Aang spent a good while trying to explain the philosophy of the Air Nomads to the Namekku-seijins.

Katara knew the wish would take place where the Namkku-seijins were, so she took Sokka's body and moved it to the temple.

Aang learned the Namekku-seijin lifestyle and was amazed at the similitudes with the air nomads.

Four months passed, almost like nothing, and the new Great Patriarch announced to the Avatar that the Dragon Balls were almost ready, that it was a question of a few days.

- But I thought that you said that it would take a year for them to work again.

- Yes. A whole year. 130 days.

- 130 days? Wow, that is too fast. Here a year is 356 days.

- Oh. I understand now the confusion.

- Still, this is good. I will need to contact the others to be prepared.

Aang drew a smile and walked back to his wife and told her the news. After that, Katara decided to be the one locating everybody. They had not talked with the rest. She decided to only call for Suki, who was at Republic City.

When she came back, she was accompanied by Suki, Iroh, and Zuko. Zuko was in the city for some political reforms, and Iroh replaced Katara, who could not work as a proper leader in Republic City.

Iroh and Zuko meet and greet the Namekku-seijins with respect. Iroh then talked a little with the new Great Patriarch, Snai.

- Perdon me, for the question. But I could not help but recognize your clothes. Are you related to Azula and Goku?

Zuko frowned, thinking they would be misjudged for their siblings' actions. Iroh stopped him from saying something and drew a calming smile. Toph was close and could not help but put attention to the interaction. Iroh answered.

- We knew about them. Although we cannot say that we are close or support them in any way.

Zuko remained calm and smiled at the diplomatic answer of his uncle. Snai then continued.

- Is that so? It's a shame. They were great warriors. They protected our people and took us to your planet for safety.

Toph walked closer, smirked, and said.

- Yeah. Totally not related to them. Don't worry, I will let them know about that.

- Thank you, Toph. We are also in great debt to you and the other warrior. Speaking of which, where is he?

- Oh, he stayed back to train.

- I see.

The next day the Dragon Bals were like new. The Rocks that once were now showed their normal orange colour and the stars inside.

Everybody stood in the great courtyard. In the middle were Snai and the Dragon Balls.

- Pakarato po Porunga, pirito para!

The Dragon Balls started to flash. The sky became black, and thunders fell. Katara was amazed as it was the same weather as the moment when Toph came back. A thunder fell where the Dragon Balls were, and that thunder became a Dragon.

Iroh, Zuko, and Suki were with their mouths open. Meanwhile, Aang and Katara were removing the ice from Sokka's body. When they finished, Aang saw the Dragon and got amazed again by it. He went and hugged his wife as she was with a hurt expression when she saw her brother.

- You have united the Dragon Balls. I will grant you three wishes. Now express your first wish.

The commanding tone of the Dragon sent shivers to almost everyone. Snai looked at Toph.

- First, we will bring your friend, then we will ask for our planet and leave.

Toph nodded at him, and Snai turned to Porunga.

- Popurunga, Papito latongoge Sokka!

The red eyes of the Dragon shined.

- It has been done. What is your next wish?

Sokka suddenly started to breathe. Suki ran and hugged him. Sokka opened his eyes only to see Suki's hair. When he removed it from his face, he saw the Dragon.

- What? What is happening? What is that? Is this the afterlife? am I dead?

Suki broke the hug and kissed him.

- You were. But now you are here again.

She said in tears and hugged him again.

Everybody saw it. Katara got closer and hugged her brother. Aang also did the same with his son in arms, who also hugged his uncle. Then Katara, Aang and Suki looked at Toph and Zuko. From behind, Iroh pushed them, and both of them went closer and hugged them. The whole Avatar gang was reunited again.

Toph cried a little, but she cleaned her tears right away. Then punched Sokka's arm.

- Don't go and get yourself kill again!

Everybody smiled and laughed at the comment. Then Snai got closer to Toph and Aang.

- Thanks for your hospitality. It is time for us to go back to our planet.

The Namekku-seijin only bowed their head. Aang and Toph bowed and put their fists together. Then Toph got closer and hugged the new Great Patriarch.

- Thanks for your help.

- To you, for saving our people. I hope we can meet again.

Both knew that it was impossible, but still, they nodded. Then Snai turned to the Dragon.

- Pocoreta campureo tekampire. Donron ya pipon karu Nameku-sei.

- Very well. I Will grant you the wish.

The red eyes of the Dragon shined again. And the Namekku-seijins started to disappear one by one. Until all of them were gone. Then, the Dragon become all white, and the Dragon Balls levitate around him. The Dragon became light and split into seven, going each part into each Dragon Ball, and then it flew to the sky. The clouds disappeared when the Dragon Balls passed through them.

- WHAT WAS THAT?

Asked Sokka worried and impressed. And the rest were as amazed as him. Toph saw at the sky and smiled. The Dragon Balls left to the skies, where Goku should be.

After the resurrection of the Avatar and Sokka. The people in the world were back to normal. The crisis that happened because of the destruction of the Chin Village was attributed to an angered spirit. A whole story was made, where truths and lies were intertwined.

Toph took a month's vacation before going back to work as Chief of Police in Republic City.

Vegeta stayed at the Academy. And made used to the training that Toph had in mind for Goku and Azula. He started to use an armour similar to his own but made of metal and asked the Metal benders of the Academy to bend the armour so he won't be able to move. Because One person could not stop him, he started to work with 10 metal benders at the same time.

This training not only helped Vegeta but the metal benders as well. Vegeta also became the new goal for TomTom, as he now wants to defeat him. So, he started to train similarly to him, but with only one metal bender.

A year passed, and everything was normal. To Toph, it was another boring working day. Walking on the streets she quickly stopped any robbery, thanks to the enhanced power he received back in Namekku-sei. Although normally she doesn't walk barefoot anymore, she usually gets dizzy after a while because of the number of people in the city.

That day he had just arrested a man who tried to steal an old woman's purse when she felt something.

Toph instructed one of the guards with her to take the robber, and she flew to the tallest building. Everybody looked at her with amazed, but she was with a worried expression. She stood at the top of the building and looked at the sky.

At the same time, Vegeta was training. Twenty metal benders were around him trying to slow him down while he was doing a small routine with great speed.

- Mr Vegeta, could we have a small break?

Asked one of the benders. Vegeta only looked at them with frowned eyes, and they got scared. Then Vegeta felt the energy.

- Sure, go.

The Earth benders felt relive and left. Tomtom, the only one with a little training on energy in the Academy, also felt an energy approach.

- Mr Vegeta. That energy...

- That damn Kakaroto! He couldn't finish the job!

After that Vegeta flew away.

Inside a spaceship was Lord Furiza. But he looked different, as most of his body was covered by metal parts. He was looking at the window, he was looking at Avatar's planet. Behind him was a person similar to him at his 2nd transformation, but taller. Furiza then talked.

- That's Tātorion-sei*, father. It seems that we are earlier than the super saiyajin who put me through all of this.

- What a small planet. We should be able to destroy it right away.

- Please don't. That would not leave me satisfied. I want to enjoy my revenge by taking the life of those who also escaped.

Furiza said with a smirk, and his father giggled.

Back in the world, Toph and Vegeta met at the Si Wong desert. Like Vegeta, Toph has continued training, but not at the same rate as him.

- Hey, HogMonkey-man!

Vegeta only growled at Toph's greeting.

- So, It's him, right?

- What? Scared?

- Hahaha. I am not going to lie. I am.

Vegeta scoffed at the answer and talked again.

- Don't just stand there! Mask your battle power! They have scouters, remember?

- Scouters? Oh, the ear machine.

Toph understood and calmed a little to hide her energy. Then from the sky, an enormous ship could be seen. And Toph smirked.

- If I left all of them to land, they may kill everyone. At least I can take their soldiers.

Toph stood up and raised her arms. Her hands looked like they were holding the ship with her hands. Then the real ship stopped descending and started to shake.

Toph moved her fingers, and as if she had something between her hands, she started to close it. Her arms looked like having a lot of strength. At the same time, the ship began to creak, and buckle, until a big explosion happened.

Vegeta saw everything with a smirk, but it was replaced by an angered expression. In the air, two figures showed up.

- Furiza is stronger, and besides him is his father. King Korudo.

- Are they waterbenders? Or why do they have this theme of cold weather? Wait...

Furiza and Korudo landed looking in their direction, and Toph smirked. She felt how stronger was Furiza, but with her earthbending, she also realized that now he was half metal.

- I can take care of Furiza. Take care of the other.

Said Toph, and Vegeta did not know from where the confidence of the earthbender came from, but he just smirked.

Vegeta and Toph walked in front of Furiza and Korudo.

- So, this is the welcome committee?... Vegeta is that you? I would have never suspected that you would betray my son.

- You came here to talk?

- Insolent! How dare you speak that way to my father!

Furiza said and ran towards Vegeta, but he was standing with his arms crossed. King Korudo was the same as Furiza.

When Furiza was close to them, he suddenly stopped. Then he turned to see the blind woman. She was with her hands raised to the front. Then she opened and closed her hands on different occasions, and her body of Furiza contracted. Then he flew up without his consent, and then Toph said in a whisper.

- This is for Azula.

Toph closed her fist one more time, and then an explosion happened, and the whole body of Furiza was destroyed.

King Korudo was surprised.

- How was that even possible?

- Your mistake was to make him out of metal.

Toph answered, and King Korudo frowned, then realized that Vegeta was no longer next to the blind woman. Vegeta appeared behind him and kicked him into the air. Then he put his arms to one side and started to concentrate energy on them. A purple aura was around him, and some thunders sounded. Then when he raised his hands, a ball of purple energy was shot.

- Gyarikku-hō!

Screamed Vegeta, and Toph tried to emulate the attack and attacked King Korudo the same way.

The energy was so strong that the light around the area was all purple, and from afar, some people saw the light.

The combined attack was successful.

They did not allow the Korudo King to transform and completely destroyed him.

Toph was tired and fell sitting on the ground. Vegeta calmed himself after using that much power and looked at Toph with a smirk.

- Not bad for a weakling.

- Remember that this weakling can still kick your butt.

Toph answered Vegeta and smirked back at him.

**

*Tātorion-sei means "Turtle-lion" in Japanese, and sei is for "planet". As the world does not have a proper name, as far as I remember, I thought that TurtleLion planet could fit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513K 12.3K 60
Katzumi the Third born to Fire Lord Ozai, she had a peaceful soul along with her brother Zuko before Ozai badly burned him and banished Zuko. Katzumi...
49.8K 1.8K 45
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. The four elements of the world, all work together in harmony for the benefit of those born into it. However, the balance of...
200K 6.6K 28
"WHEN FIRE MEETS FATE" Princess Daiyin of the Fire Nation has been chosen to train the new Avatar in her fire bending skills. The rather practical, s...
2.1K 66 6
When the Fire Lord believes that Azula helped her foolish brother, Zuko, and her lazy Uncle, Iroh, escape, she too has to flee the palace in order to...