To be Claimed by Her

By theEveofChaos

An Academy fan fiction. The Blackborne and Toma teams had fallen apart after learning Sang and Kaylie were ag... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Tying the Knot
Chapter 134
Epilogue
Moving Forward - upcoming book
Second Book Update
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter 12

Chapter 24

3.4K 195 12
By theEveofChaos

Eveleen's POV

I heard someone clear their throat, and Gabriel pulled back from our kiss. I wasn't ashamed of kissing him, but with the audience, my cheeks flushed. He gave a low laugh, "That color looks good on you."

"Um, can we talk about what just happened?" Victor's voice was a bit shaky. "I'm kinda freaking out right now."

I grabbed Gabe's hand. "Well, to be honest, Victor, I'm not entirely sure what just happened either. It appears Gabriel has some latent magical abilities. I'm guessing I helped to trigger them somehow."

Luke let out a laugh, elbowing Gabe, "You're a wizard, Gabe!"

"Very funny you jerk!"

"Does this mean he gets to be part of your secret society now? I think he's too old for Hogwarts," Luke snickered. We both rolled our eyes.

"I think we need to continue our discussion from earlier if you all don't mind?" I asked. Various agreements and head nods filled the room.

Owen stopped in the doorway, "I'm sorry if this is inappropriate, but could we ask you to show us some of your abilities, Eveleen?" He seemed worried that I might be offended.

"Actually, I think that is a perfect suggestion," I responded quickly. "Um, do you have some candles, preferably white or ivory ones? If not, I can run to the cottage." Several of them offered to locate some candles, then we ventured into the backyard. I placed the candles at the points of the pentagram in a large incantation circle. "Can I get all of you to sit inside the candle circle, please?"

"Can you explain what you're doing? I mean, it would just help me understand if I know why you want us in the circle and what you plan to do." Kota was approaching this like a true scientist - skeptical and analytical. I loved the way his mind worked.

"Of course." I stood and pointed to the five candles. "I've placed the candles at the points of the pentacle, also known as a pentagram. Each point represents an element of nature - earth, air, fire, water, and spirit." I magically lit each candle as I named it. "While a true witch doesn't need any tools beyond her intentions and mind, most witches will use candles and other items to help focus their spells. Creating a magical circle with the five points can help to focus the spell or create a ring of protection for the caster, and in this case for those who are near the caster."

I raised my hands, chanting loudly, "Cailleach beannaigh an ciorcal seo. Cosain iad siúd laistigh." The candles flared with large flames and a ring of soft white light connected the candles before fading. "I've set the protection circle. Until I release it, please do not leave this ring."

"Do you always speak in Irish when doing magic?" Luke asked.

"Usually, it's my first language, so that's how I learned to cast. I can translate if you want." They all nodded. "So when I cast the circle I called on Cailleach, my patron Goddess. I said, 'Cailleach bless this circle. Protect those within.'"

This time Nate asked a question. "Does a circle need candles to work?"

"No, I just use them when I can. What can I say, I'm a traditionalist," I giggled. "Some people cast it with salt, cinnamon, or other herbs. And like I said before, you don't need to cast a circle or use tools. Magic comes from within. It is neither good nor evil, it simply is. The intent of the caster determines how the magic works." I gave Gabriel a quick smile.

"I was just as surprised as you all were when Gabriel worked magic. I had already checked to see if I sensed magic in any of you and found none. It was one of the first things I did when we all met."

"Why would it matter if we had magic?" Sean asked.

"Considering I'm here to find a demon, it's just a precaution. You have to understand, I've spent my entire life fighting dark creatures and dark casters. It's my calling if you will," I saw a flash of concern in Sean's eyes. "We've already discussed this, Sean. Just like all of you, I'm a protector."

"Protectors? Why do you say this, mikri magissa?" Silas asked in confusion.

"You all protect people with your missions. I protect people with my magic." I looked at Owen. "You stood before a demon, shielding Sean's body with your own. Did it ever cross your mind to run and just let your friend die?"

"Absolutely not," he said harshly.

I turned to Victor, "Did you consider just leaving Gabriel under the water, or did you fight to find a way to reach him and call for help?"

Victor looked at me as if I were insane. "Of course, I'd never leave him to die!"

I turned back to Silas. "That's what I mean. Each one of you is a protector and not just of each other. I've gleaned enough about your Academy and missions to understand that you have each faced dangerous situations over the years to help others." I walked to Silas. "I've done much the same. I was given premonitions of Gabriel and that car wreck for weeks before it finally happened. Just as I had a premonition about Owen and Sean. It's my responsibility to act on those visions. That's what the Goddess created me for." I took his hand in mine, feeling that now familiar jolt at his touch, then lifted my hand to his face, touching his temple and cheek. Softly searching his mind, I found the gift he needed.

"May I give you a gift, Silas?" I asked, opening my eyes.

"Yes, mikri magissa. I trust you." His confidence made my heart sing.

"I ask you all to remember to stay within the circle no matter what you see or feel. North, can you come stand with us? Please close your eyes, all of you." Holding his hands, I softly said the incantation, "Tá spás agus am agamsa a ordú. Tóg sinn áit ar mian lena chroí dul" then I repeated it in English, "Space and time are mine to command. Take us where his heart desires to go." I watched as the yard around us blurred and seemed to tilt. "Before you open your eyes, Silas, can you take a deep breath for me and tell me what you smell?"

Silas drew in a deep breath and a smile broke out across his face. His voice cracked as he spoke, "I smell the sea, mikri magissa."

"Open your eyes," I whispered. They all gasped as they realized we were now standing in Crete, Greece near the sea. Tears rolled down both Silas and North's cheeks. North fell to his knees and scooped up the sand, letting it run through his fingers.

I felt Silas wrap me in a tight embrace. "Thank you, Eveleen. This is so much more than I could have asked for." I felt his lips graze my ear as he spoke, making me shiver.

"You're welcome, mo caomhnóir (my guardian). I promise to bring you again when we won't need a circle to travel." I laid my head against his chest for a moment before he pulled away to stare at the sea.

"So are we really here, or is this just an illusion?" Kota asked.

"We are here, but only in a small pocket, m'eolaí (my scientist). If we wander outside the circle, it could cause a rift and you might get lost. I can teleport, but I've never done it with nine additional passengers, so the circle was a safe way to travel." I walked closer to North and Silas, grabbing both their hands. "I wish we could stay longer, but this is a difficult spell to maintain with so many guests."

North hugged me tightly, "It's an amazing gift, Eve. Thank you," he said with a tight throat, kissing my forehead.

"I suggest you close your eyes again. It can get a bit disorienting," I said before ending the spell with a single word - "filleadh (return)." They all groaned as we returned to the backyard. I released the circle and extinguished all but the spirit candle.

"Gabriel, would you be willing to try a spell with me?" I held out my hand to him. He took my hand and came to stand next to me. I pulled him down to the ground with the spirit candle between us. I wasn't sure how this would go. I cast a glance at the others. "You are welcome to watch, but under no circumstances can you touch either of us. I want to see if we can figure out the source of his magic." Clasping both of his hands in mine, I gave him a quick peck on the lips. "If at any point you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, release my hands and the spell will break."

Closing my eyes, I channeled my energy into a vortex around us. The air picked up and began to swirl around us in a steady rhythm. When I opened my eyes, Gabriel gasped but didn't let go. "We are going to call out to the Gods and Goddesses. Say the words with me."

I began and he quickly found the words. "Identify your claim on this soul. Let him know who calls him to service." After a few moments, I stopped speaking and let Gabriel's instincts take over.

"Who calls me to service? Who has claimed me?" His voice echoed across the yard. I watched as his entire body began to glow, his gaze never leaving mine. I felt the hair on my arms raise. We were no longer alone.

I heard the growling of wolves and the cawing of ravens. The expression on Gabriel's face was confident as he stood, releasing my hands, but the spell did not end. I was no longer in control of the magic.

Gabriel was.

He lifted his eyes to meet the figure before us. Knowing this was not my moment, I took a step back. "Do you accept the call of Asgard, Gabriel, son of Odin?" The figure stepped forward as his ravens landed upon his shoulders.

Gabriel knelt before Odin and held up both arms to him. "I accept the call and pledge my service to the Allfather and Asgard." Odin reached out to grasp both his wrists, branding them with triskelions.

When he stood again, Odin pulled him into a tight embrace. "Welcome my son." He turned to me and placed my hand in Gabriel's. "Ahh, the one of many names - fairy, little goddess, warrior, carrier of wisdom, little wolf. I leave my son in your care, guide him well." He stepped back into the shadow and the wind fell silent.

Once again, I found myself being wrapped in Gabriel's arms, his lips devouring my own. "I love you, my little wolf," he said in a soft voice when he pulled back.

"I love you too, m'anam," I said, feeling tears slide down my cheeks.

We both turned to look at his brothers standing on the back deck, mouths gaping. "Well, fuck me," Owen said dramatically. Everyone's attention snapped to him, then they all broke out in raucous laughter. I met Owen's gaze and he gave me a quick wink and a wide smile. Cheeky devil.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 14.8K 52
~~~This is a Mature Book ~~ DISCLAIMER: I don't own the Characters of Academy Join Jenna Reagan Roberts in finding out if she can Trust The Blackbou...
132K 7.8K 38
Tori has always known her parents were capable of horrible things. She's witnessed it first hand since she was a child. She's terrified of her parent...
117K 4.9K 50
─ in which brett west, dr.roberts granddaughter gets sent to live with him while her parents are divorcing. in charleston, brett meets...
18.5K 1.3K 15
**An Academy fan fiction based on C.L. Stone's Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetle series. On the run from a group dead set on the destruction of magic, the...