To be Claimed by Her

By theEveofChaos

An Academy fan fiction. The Blackborne and Toma teams had fallen apart after learning Sang and Kaylie were ag... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Tying the Knot
Chapter 134
Epilogue
Moving Forward - upcoming book
Second Book Update
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter 12

Chapter 6

3.9K 213 1
By theEveofChaos

Eveleen's POV

How the hell do these people deal with this heat? It's not even mid-morning and I swear I need another shower. Ugh! I grabbed my back and secured my hat, before leaving in the Uber I'd called. As we passed the mansion, I noticed two more men standing on the porch. From a distance, I couldn't make out much detail beyond brown hair and muscular builds. Well, at least the view is nice here.

"You sure this is where you want me to drop you off, lady?" my driver asked as we arrived at our destination. I must admit, looking up at the rundown brick building, I had my concerns, but this was the address the coven had provided.

"Yes, thank you, sir," I handed him some cash for a tip and stepped out into the humid air. Climbing the steps, I knocked on the heavy metal door. It swung open to reveal a small woman with doe eyes. "Mrs. Richman?" I asked.

"Oh you must be Ms. Dolman," she said in a hopeful tone. I cringed at the use of my fake identity. The last name was associated with my former coven and did not hold fond memories.

"You can call me Ylfa," I shook her outstretched hand. She opened the door further and ushered me inside. The outside was quite deceiving. The small entryway opened up to a vaulted ceiling with tapestries and rows of bookshelves. The room had a positive aura that I could tell had been recently cleaned. She led me down a wide hallway and knocked on a cherry door.

"Come," the voice from inside intoned. Swinging open the door revealed a large conference table with five witches gathered around it. "Please, come in. We are so glad you came," the older gentleman gushed as he stood to shake hands. "Let me introduce everyone. I'm Reggie, this is Sarah, Thomas, Kati, Stephen, and of course you've already met Matilda." He nodded to Mrs. Richman.

"Thank you, I'm Ylfa Dolman, it's a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm so sorry for the losses you've experienced. I hope I can help." I said, taking a seat near Stephen. "I've reviewed the information you sent. I can say with full confidence that you are dealing with shades. Now the real question is, what is their motivation for attacking?"

Sarah scoffed, "Just how can you be so certain? And what do you mean by their motivation? Shades are evil, isn't that motivation enough?" I could feel the animosity rolling off of her. I paused, studying her aura. She was very guarded.

"I took the liberty of a revelation spell last night. It quickly showed shades." I said curtly. "As for motivation, well if these were random attacks, stragglers in the community, then yes, it would make sense. But for a shade or group of shades to actively target a coven, is uncommon." I surveyed the room looking for reactions. "Have you done any dark spells recently? Sought to strike any bargains?"

Thomas choked on his tea, "What? Are you mad? We are not that type of coven!"

I raised my hands, "I meant no offense. I do not judge. Magic is neutral. It is only the intent that colors it. If anyone in the coven was perhaps seeking power, wealth, personal gain, they may have inadvertently triggered something." I stood and walked to a bookshelf covered in magical artifacts. "You have quite the collection," I commented.

Reggie came to stand next to me, looking over the items. "Yes, most of these have been passed down over several generations. We're lucky. Our coven has survived since the colonies were formed." He picked up a simple wand, holding it lovingly. "I'm sure your own coven has a collection of magical items as well."

He was trying to get me to reveal more about myself, but it wasn't going to work. I didn't give away personal information. The Council and I had come to an agreement many years ago that only a handful of witches would know my true name. There is power in a name, and I chose not to share that information carelessly. Ironic since I'd given it to Luke the night before without even hesitating.

I cleared my throat, "Most covens do. I notice not all of your collection is based on light practice. Some of these are considered dark relics. Is it possible a novice utilized something without permission?" I ran my hands over the shelf, trying to sense if one had been recently used. "It is not uncommon for inexperienced practitioners to accidentally trigger attacks. I've dealt with it many times." I walked back to the table. "Would you be opposed to me interviewing some of the accolades?"

They spoke quietly and finally agreed. "One last question. I know you contacted the authorities about the latest victim, but how much do they really know? Can they connect the dots to realize all the missing or dead were members of the coven?"

"Does that matter?" Stephen asked.

"Not really, it just makes my job a bit more difficult," I responded honestly.

"We are a registered temple, so yes, it is possible that they will make the connection, but we didn't share it. Until Daryl and Cassie's bodies were found, we hadn't even considered the possibility of the supernatural. We really thought it was unrelated." He stammered, hanging his head in shame. "We should have known sooner. We failed them all."

I placed my hand on his shoulder, sending a wave of soothing energy, "It isn't your fault. I will do my best to find the others." He met my gaze with tears in his eyes. "In the meantime, all members should be alerted. You need to travel in pairs and pull families into protective spaces. Carry spell pouches with you and bless every place you enter, even if it's a public restroom." They looked at me as if I were insane. I was used to it. "Think of it this way, you are blessing a space. It doesn't have to be an extravagant spell, just some cinnamon, clove, sea salt and rosemary sprinkled as you pass a doorway. Anything you can do to reduce the chance of a shade entering helps."

We wrapped up our conversation and Matilda led me back to the door where another Uber awaited. Just as I got into the car, I noticed a dark BMW pull up with two men inside. Both were sharply dressed and attractive. They approached the door, asking Matilda if they could speak with the temple leader.

And so it starts...the outside world has no clue what they are looking for.

I always feel so bad for mundane people. If they had half a clue about what lurks around every corner, they would be panicked sheep. Most attacks are written off as random acts of violence. The more severe cases require the Council to get involved with cover stories and clean-up. Luckily, most cases are random, but this one was going to attract attention.

I stared at the car for a few moments longer as we began to drive away, something nagging in the back of my brain. The car...wait, that's the car from my dream! "Driver, can you let me out here? I don't need a ride after all." He gave me a quizzical look, but let me out.

Once he'd driven away, I looked around to make sure there were no street cameras or people watching. Closing my eyes, I recited the spell, sa dorchadas, ceilt anois mé (in the darkness, conceal me now), then waited in the back of the car for the men to emerge. I held my breath when I saw those cerulean eyes. He was gorgeous.

"That was a fuckin waste of time, Vic!" the man complained. "Damn people acted like we were the fuckin Spanish Inquisition. Who gives a rat's ass what they believe? I just want to figure out what happened to those people." His voice was surprisingly deeper than I expected.

"Yeah, Owen's not going to be happy about it. It's like they didn't want help," the other man agreed, his voice a soft baritone.

I half-heartedly listened to their conversation as he drove, but my main focus was on the road ahead of us. The hair on my arms began to stand on end and my head was pounding. Oh shit, this is bad.

"What the fuck!" the blue-eyed man screamed. His friend tried to slam on the brakes to avoid the creature standing on the road before them. It was my dream all over again. I knew the men were yelling at each other, but I couldn't hear them. I watched the scene unfold like a dozen times before.

The driver unbuckled and dove out of the car, while my dream man couldn't get his buckle undone. His door struck the demon with full force, crumpling the metal frame. The car went airborne and flew over the guardrail, slamming into the water below. I watched his face panic in fear, but this time I wasn't struggling to reach him, I was already there. I released the spell and pushed my way into the front seat. He scrambled back when he saw me and bumped his head on the door. Well shit, that didn't help.

I undid the belt quickly and sent a blast through the sunroof. Grabbing his face, I put my mouth over his and blew air in. He choked and met my gaze. The shock that passed between us was amazing. I'd need to figure that out later. I grabbed his hand, trust me, please - I projected to him. I knew he heard when his eyes widened and he nodded his head. Sending a blast of energy below us, I brought us to the surface and then towards the edge of the water.

We both climbed onto the shoreline coughing and sputtering. "What the fuck was that?" the man choked out. I gave him a quick smile and vanished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 976 66
Volto A reminder of a past the Blackbourne and Toma teams seem unable to escape. His need to destroy the Academy drove him to corrupt Sang and Kayli...
44.8K 2.8K 41
When Derrick died, someone sang loved dearly and considered as a father figure. Leaving her to her abusive family. Things begin to change as she lear...
6.5K 1.6K 29
After partly avenging her mother's death, Evette Star, the illegitimate daughter of an elven king, sets off on a warpath to find the adversary of her...
161K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...