๐’๐€๐๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐…๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐...

By hawksdivinetiddies

A child assassin was given a second chance at life to become a pro hero, hoping that helping people would bur... More

EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
AIZAWA [34.5]
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42

9

4.3K 223 53
By hawksdivinetiddies

          "You blind witch — I'll rip those points off your dead body!"

          "TELEKINESIS IS SUCH A CONVENIENT QUIRK TO HAVE, EH, ERASERHEAD? LOOK AT THEM ALL GO!"

          Bakugou's explosion blocked their vision for a moment and she figured he'd try to take them out from another angle so she quickly put up forcefields around her team, grinning in satisfaction when she heard him curse behind them. She ushered her team to run and they did — while everyone was gunning for the ten million points, Arisa and company went around swiping headbands like a bandit in the night, all without them noticing. Not until they looked at the large, display screen that showed their current positions.

          It was quick. Her senses were at an all time high and anything sudden to appear in her field of vision was considered a threat and an attack. An arm shot forward towards her — without a thought she reacted, her hand flicking forward, throwing a bright blue projectile towards her supposed threat, sending them flying back. She heard multiple yells and her vision cleared to see that a team had stumbled back upon her sudden retaliation — the rider was blond and his eyes were wide when his team stumbled but thankfully, they steadied their footing. Arisa quickly ran in another direction and Tokage informed, "Got more here."

          Her detached hand floated towards Shinsou and he quickly grabbed the headbands she clutched.

          Her senses suddenly went haywire and she yelled, "Everyone, hold on tight!"

          Blue burning bright in her palms, her team suddenly took off just in time to see the others get electrocuted by someone's quirk. The other three holding onto her made noises of surprise, clutching onto her shoulders tightly. Just as she suspected, the balance was shaky and she couldn't keep them airborne for too long. She hadn't tried flight with three people at once after all. Arisa gazed down below and she confirmed that the wave of electricity came from Kaminari, the boy that was on Todoroki's team.

          "HAYASHI'S TEAM TOOK TO THE SKIES!"

          She finally lowered her team once she was sure that it was safe.

          "That was exciting, Hayashi-san," Shiozaki laughed and she swore it reminded her of beautiful, melodic church bells. Arisa grinned slightly, "What do you say we steal that ten million, huh?"

          "Kinda nervous," Tokage laughed, "What if they manage to swipe our points?"

          "Over my gorgeous dead body."

          "Let's try not to stand out," Shinsou rationally spoke, "We should focus on making it to the next round. Gotta win the war instead of the battle."

          Arisa made a face, "You're right. Let's keep at it."

          "THERE'S ABOUT A MINUTE LEFT AND WHAT'S THIS? TEAM SHINSOU IS GOING STRONG AT SECOND PLACE! TEAM TODOROKI HAS FALLEN TO THIRD!"

          Todoroki's eyes widened and reached up his neck, realizing most of his points were gone without him noticing. His eyes fell on her and narrowed but she only smiled at him, dragging her thumb across her throat. Shinsou sighed, "So much for laying low. Well, let's keep it up. Just one minute left."

          Arisa was their best defense while Shiozaki and Tokage were their best offense and scouts on the team. So far nobody was able to lay a hand on Shinsou and Arisa was amazed at how his quirk functioned. It stopped anyone in their path upon activation — it was a very useful quirk and would be powerful if used correctly. Arisa grinned secretly to herself and kept away any attacks sent their way while at the same time wracking up points.

          "WITH NOT EVEN A MINUTE LEFT, TEAM TODOROKI HAS MANAGED TO STEAL TEN MILLION POINTS FROM TEAM MIDORIYA!"

          Arisa was never reckless but just this once, she allowed herself to succumb into a sense of competition she never knew she had in her. Her eyes zeroed in on Todoroki, the male who somehow always managed to get on her nerve, who unofficially became a rival. Todoroki did the same and across the other side of the field, she could hear Bakugou's unforgiving yells and curses accompanied by his explosions. She didn't pay attention to him but Present Mic's commentary was enough for her to know that he had climbed up to top three.

          "Change of plans. We're slaughtering team Todoroki," she announced but then something unexpected happened. Team Bakugou and team Todoroki ran towards her like starving cougars, eyes bloodthirsty. Well, mostly Bakugou.

          "Looks like they're planning on doing the same," Shinsou remarked.

          "Aha, shit," she laughed.

          They inched closer and she tensed, her hands glowing a violent blue.

          "TIME'S UP!"

          "Oh, thank jesus," Arisa breathed just as Present Mic announced the final positioning of the teams.

          "IN FIRST PLACE, TEAM TODOROKI, IN SECOND PLACE, TEAM SHINSOU, IN THIRD PLACE, TEAM BAKUGOU AND IN FOURTH, TEAM MIDORIYA!"

          Todoroki met eyes with her and gave her an irritating smirk and she growled. Quickly, she let Shinsou down and he smiled, "That was fun. Thanks for teaming up with me, Hayashi."

          "No, thank you. Your quirk was really useful."

          "THE FIRST FOUR TEAMS WILL MOVE ON TO THE FINAL EVENT! THE EVENT WILL BEGIN AFTER AN HOUR LUNCH BREAK!"

          She turned to her team members and grinned, "Good work, guys. See you in the next event."

          The girls smiled at her, "See you, Hayashi-san," before walking away. Shinsou remained and scratched the back of his head, looking shy, "Um, do you want to —"

          "Hayashi-san!"

          She turned to see Midoriya running towards her full speed and nearly tackled her to death. He was weeping comically and an impossible amount of tears left his body and cracked the ground beside them. Arisa was once more amazed by the fact that he acted so open with her and could hug her this way without blushing as he would with Ochako — oh. Oh, wait. Does Midoriya like Ochako?

          "We made it. I made it," Midoriya wept dramatically, still latching onto her.

          "See you, Hayashi," she turned to see Shinsou walking away and she called out his name but he didn't stop. Arisa peeled the weeping boy off her and sighed, "Midoriya, stop crying. You'll flood the stadium —"

          "Midoriya," the two paused and she looked over Midoriya to see Todoroki, features tense and unfriendly as usual. Midoriya was apprehensive by his sudden presence and meekly asked, "What is it, Todoroki?"

           "Come with me, we need to talk."

           She looked at him strangely and Midoriya gave her a glance. Whatever it was, it seemed serious so she gave the green-haired boy a smile, "See you later, Midoriya."

          Arisa quickly walked away, wondering what Todoroki was up to. He seemed far too serious but she was sure it wasn't anything serious. She didn't feel any imminent danger so it was fine. Her eyes went up towards the commentators' booth and sped up, a smile on her lips, excited to tell her guardian everything despite him overseeing the event beside Present Mic. Another reason for her wanting to go to see her guardian was that she didn't want to mingle around many people — it was a packed stadium so it was no doubt that outside would be filled to the brim with people. She couldn't stand the stench of sweat especially when wedged in a crowd like sardines in a can.

          Arisa climbed up many stairs and finally reached her destination. She pushed the door open to see only her guardian, napping away by the window.

          "Aizawa-san," she whispered to see if he was deep asleep. If he was, she would leave. He deserved every amount of sleep he could get after all.

          "What are you doing here, Arisa?"

          "Oh, you're awake," she walked over towards him and sat down on the vacant seat beside him. He looked at her through the gaps of the bandages, tired and unamused, "It's because you woke me up."

          "I whispered."

          "And I heard."

          She made a face, "Anyway, can I hang here before the event starts?"

          He sighed, "Go with the others."

          "No. I don't feel like smelling sweat," she shook her head as she leaned back, arms crossed. The male eyed her for a moment and relented, "Do whatever you want."

          The two were silent for a moment and at one point, Arisa had pulled out her phone and started reading random fanfictions on Gojo Satoru she found on the internet. Her mind was currently thinking about the wall she destroyed at home and how she managed to fix it with her quirk, returning it to its former state. Her eyebrows furrowed — that was another development and she was very much interested.

          What if she could apply it to wounds...?

          "You did good in both events," he suddenly praised and she smiled slightly, "Keep it up in the next one."

          "I plan to."

          She wanted to test her theory out and if she were correct, she could heal Aizawa. She hated seeing him waddling around and struggling. She wanted him to get better and heal sooner. Arisa turned to her guardian who looked at her curiouslu as she asked, "Aizawa-san, do you by chance have a knife lying around?"

          There was a brief pause as he inquired, "You're not planning on stabbing someone, are you?"

          "Just myself."

          "What?"

          He looked confused and concerned which made her laugh, "I'm kidding. I just need to test something out. Do you have one?"

          He still seemed unsure and slightly fed up by her antics. He sighed and moved forward, "The back of my belt. Take it."

          She leaned over and grabbed the hilt of the knife that was kept on his belt, pulling it to unveil a sharp blade. Aizawa looked apprehensive now that she held the knife in her hands because Arisa was unpredictable. Even she knew that. Perhaps Aizawa was worried that she would suddenly snap and revert back to her assassin ego and slice his neck open — an offensive thought but she understood if he thought of it that way. Although her therapist had said that she was healing, it didn't mean she was completely stable but either way, she was trying.

          "What are you going to do with that — what the fu — Arisa!"

          She sliced her forearm, drawing blood. So much that it dripped onto the floor. She held up a placating hand, trying to calm the male who was now on his feet. She wasn't sure what he thought he was going to do especially with both his arms bound in thick casts. Arisa set the knife down and calmed him down, "It's okay. I need to test a theory."

          "Theory — test a theory on yourself?"

          She didn't answer him and only hovered her palm over the wound. Her fingers moved, as if moving the strings of a puppet. Slowly, to her surprise and shock, the wound closed up and her skin returned to it's former state. She gaped at the sight and looked up to see the same expression in Aizawa's eyes.

          "Your quirk evolved again?"

          "I think so."

          She wasn't able to do it before but now she could.

          "God," he plopped back into his chair, exhaling loudly, "Never do that again. Don't test on yourself."

          She quirked an eyebrow at him, "Would you rather I slice someone else?"

          He just rolled his eyes and his eyes grew serious which made her look at him curiously, hearing laughter and yells from somewhere around the stadium. It was a merry day but she'd rather be at home, reading and watching shows with her favourite fictional men in it. As her mind wandered, Aizawa voiced his concern, "A quirk evolving as fast yours isn't normal."

          She didn't say anything.

          "Tell me if you find anymore developments, okay?"

          Sometimes, he sounded more of a father than her actual father. She felt warmth in her chest at how concerned he sounded for her well-being. She turned away, not wanting him to see the smile that appeared on her lips as she uttered, "Okay."

°°°°

          "Why are you wearing cheerleading outfits...?"

          Arisa was looking at her female classmates curiously. It was then revealed that it was the work of Kaminari and Mineta. Arisa didn't waste her time tossing them both against a wall without even batting an eyelash. She could feel her guardian's disapproving glare on the back of her head so she turned, her eyes zeroing on the dark-haired man up in the booth and gave him her best smile.

          The next event was beginning and she was just standing around as announcements were made.

          "IT'S TIME FOR THE FINAL EVENT. FROM FOUR TEAMS, SIXTEEN INDIVIDUALS HAVE MADE IT THROUGH. IT'S A TOURNAMENT!"

          Cheers erupted from all around and she couldn't help but bounce slightly in anticipation. Her classmates all wore looks of determination especially Todoroki, Bakugou and Midoriya, the three key figures that she was going to take down for no reason at all. Only because she liked winning and hated losing.

          "WE'RE PITTING THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER IN ONE-ON-ONE COMBAT!"

          Finally. Here comes the best part of the event.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 245 35
(Spoilers for newest season and Vigilantes manga) Mariko doesn't remember her parents. She was anonymously sent to orphanage when her Quirk manifeste...
270K 8.5K 25
(Reader is gender-neutral.) The day that a baby with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes was found on the sidewalk near UA high was the day that everything cha...
33.8K 555 18
โš ๏ธTrigger warningโš ๏ธ Mature content and more, readerd discretion is advised. This is an AU for My Hero Academia where Aizawa adopted Deku and allmight...
70.9K 3.2K 36
"Why do you want to be a hero?" "It's the only way to get my brothers attention, he ran away a while ago. But he loved All Might, I figured if I trie...