Stars of the Same Sky | A Hai...

By serene_hearts

"In reality, the stars are so distant from each other but when you see them from Earth, they are present in t... More

Chapter-1 A Friend and a Foe
Chapter- 2 Found It!
Chapter-3 The Pork buns and new friends
Chapter-4 He is not my boyfriend!
Chapter-5 The Practice Match
Chapter-6 The Exhibition
Chapter-8 Ghost of the Gym
Chapter-9 Memories
Chapter 10 The Game of 21 dares
Chapter 11 Indirect Whispers
Chapter-12 Ignorance and bliss
Chapter-13 Maybe!
Chapter-14 Letters and the Confusion
Chapter-15 Wining or losing!
Chapter-16 The advice
Chapter-17 Does he really?
Chapter-18 Fireworks night
Chapter- 19 Finally friends!
Chapter-20 The Unspoken Understanding

Chapter 7 The Apology

40 4 0
By serene_hearts

While tapping the fingers of your right hand lightly on the desk and your other hand supporting your head, your gaze was locked on the phone in front of you. The constant drumming of your fingers was so faint that its sound only reached your ears. You were eagerly waiting for something. What should I do?

Someone hit your hand which resulted in losing your balance and your head banged over the desk, "Itaaataaaa!" You held your forehead with the palm of your hands and looked at the person.

"Katsumi!! What was that for?"

"What happened to you? Ever since the last week's exhibition, you have been constantly thinking about something. Tell me."

"It's nothing,"

"It's something, you didn't even come to the volleyball club with me. Everyone's asking for you. They are also your friends."

"I was busy with some work,"

"Nope, I know you are lying. Did something happen at the exhibition?" You nodded and then you narrated her everything that happened in the exhibition including Oikawa. 

"So now you want to apologize to him because you feel bad and regret your actions,"

"Yes,"

"Then do it now what are even thinking!" Katsumi stared at you with her wide eyes. 

You lowered your head and fiddled your fingers, "I...don't have his...number,"

She sighed, "So, staring at the phone will help? I don't think the number will appear magically,"

"I deleted his number... and he has my number so I am waiting for his call,"

"And why do you think he will call you? If you are so desperate to call Oikawa, I think I know someone who can help you with this," with a smug smile on her face her eyes pointed towards someone and as you followed her gaze that person turned out to be Kageyama.

"No way, I am asking him for help,"

"But why? You are not even enemies now..."

"We are not friends either...I don't know about that but what I do know is, right now Oikawa and Kageyama are not on good terms and...I don't want them to fight again,"

"Who says it would result in a fight? You just have to ask for the number, now go!" she dragged you by your hand causing you to stand from your desk.

"Go!" she pushed your back. You walked two steps ahead and turned to look at Katsumi, and then shook your head in a look that clearly declared 'I don't want to do this.' But Katsumi encouraged you by mouthing 'You can do this.'

You took a deep breath and finally tapped on Kageyama's shoulder. He lifted his head to look at you, "What do you want?"

"I-I Uhm...How do I say it?"

"From your mouth,"

"I know that!... I want Oikawa's number. Can you please send it to me?"

"Why should I do that?" he raised his eyebrows. "And why do you even want to talk to him?"

"I have my reasons and why should I disclose that information to you? Now send me his number,"

He stood up, not removing his eyes from yours, and quickly lifted his phone. "Okay, How about I buy you milk?"

He rolled his eyes and walked out of the classroom. 

You ran to the doorway, "Then how about for a week?" you yelled, he then turned around and looked at you. "Check your phone."

You checked your phone, he messaged Oikawa's number. Should I call him now? He must be in school. I'll call him afterward.

~Timeskip~

You and Katsumi stood in front of the vending machine with no one else around. Mustering up all the courage you dialed his number, "Hello, Oikawa? This side Y/N...I actua-"

"Meet me outside the school now..."

"But-"

"...Meet me outside the school and tell me in person whatever you want to say," Oikawa said and cut off the phone. 

"What did he say?" Katsumi asked with curious eyes. "He said to meet me outside his school,"

"You should go then,"

"No I don't think so...I don't even know him,"

"Then get to know him. I am sure he is a nice person. What if he wants to talk about something?"

Katsumi has always been that kind of person, always finding goodness in everyone. This trait of her is actually her strength but it could be her weakness and you have told her this a hundred times. 

You strolled down the road which was headed towards Aoba Johsai. Should I buy something? You stopped at the bakery and bought a chocolate pastry. 

At first, you were not sure which flavor you should take; you just went with the chocolate one.

As the baker was packing your cake someone else entered the bakery, it was Takeshi. "Y/N, you are also here. What's the occasion?"

"Nothing, just had a craving for pastry," you lied.

"Do you like chocolate too?"

"Yes... it's my favorite flavor," you said as you took the cake from the baker. "Why are you buying it from here? Isn't this bakery far away from your home?"

"I-I...I have heard that this bakery has the finest cakes so I thought why not give it a try!" He nodded still not satisfied with your explanation. Before he asked anything else you waved him goodbye and rushed outside.

"Isn't that the wrong side? Shouldn't you go in this direction?" Takeshi yelled from outside the bakery as he pointed toward the other side of the road.

 "I have to visit someone I'll go home later," you replied hoping he would leave. You turned around to walk away but Takeshi said something, "Is it Oikawa?"

You halted in your tracks not expecting Takeshi to actually figure it out. "What?"

"You are meeting Oikawa right?" What should I say? If I say yes, he'll also come with me. If I answer no he might follow me as already suspicious.

"I didn't expect that you were that kind of girl, always lurking around boys like Oikawa. You are no different than any of those girls...I thought that maybe you were different but I was wrong. I don't even know why I fell..." He put his hand over his mouth preventing him to speak any further. He was embarrassed about what was about to come from his mouth so he ran away.

Takeshi was not sure what and why he was about to say that. He had always been a popular guy in school with a lot of girls around him. They wanted his autograph, go out with him, etc but none of them had an impression on him as Y/N did.

 Ever since he met her everything was different. She didn't behave like any other girl, she treated him like a normal person and that's what influenced him the most. 

But his biggest misunderstanding right now was that he was thinking that Y/N was in love with someone else. That's what made him angry. Even though he was hurt because of Y/N for liking someone else like Oikawa, he was more hurt because how could Y/N not like him? 

His ego was hurt, a guy like him who gets all the attention isn't receiving any attention from Y/N but someone else is.

"Takeshi!" you yelled as you watched his figure disappear. 

What happened to him? I will have to talk to him tomorrow.

As you reached the gates of Aoba Johsai, Oikawa was already waiting for you there. He is not in volleyball practice, that's strange. 

As soon as Oikawa saw you he was so happy and it was clearly visible on his face. It was like he had won a match against a strong team.

"I knew you would come," he said with a soft smile on his face. "Before you say anything let's get out of here. How about the park? We can talk there."

You looked at him still thinking about what to say. "Don't worry I will not do anything...I am not a killer. I am standing here for the last 30 min, so let's just go somewhere else."

"Sorry! I should have come earlier," you bowed as he picked up his bag from the ground. 

"No! No! It's okay. Now Come on!" You two walked silently, even Oikawa was not saying anything which was quite odd. 

So you asked him, "You didn't go for volleyball practice today?... Is it because of me? I am sorry."

"No, Y/N chan, it was our off today...and... Don't say sorry again and again. You have said it at least two times since you have been here."

"I am sorry..." He raised his eyebrows and looked at you.

"Oh no! I said it again didn't I?" you chuckled and Oikawa smiled as he looked at your face.

"Oh I forgot I bought some chocolate pastry for you, Here!" you said as you handed him the pastry. 

"Chocolate!! Really! You know me so well Y/N chan, Come on let's eat it together in the park," he said ecstatically.

He grabbed your hand and ran towards the park. While running behind him your eyes moved towards your hands and you thought that yesterday when he was holding your hand you wanted to run away but at that specific moment, you wanted to hold his hand like that. 

It felt comfortable?

Both of you were seated on the bench, he served one pastry to you and one he took for himself. Before munching on it, you looked at Oikawa he was also not eating it, "Oikawa I want to say something."

"I also want to say something..."

"Ohkay, you say it first then," you said. "No, you go ahead first,"

"Uhm...You're gonna scold me again for this but I want to say sorry for what I did in the exhibition. I shouldn't have behaved like that...I should have apologized earlier but me... I am stupid and look...here I am eating the pastry which I bought for you as an apology,"

"You don't have to say that, you can eat it too because I also want to apologize for my behavior that day. I shouldn't have grabbed your hand like that...All of that is my fault,"

"No that's not true! You were just asking for a tour," you said.

"Now! You have apologized to me and I have apologized so why don't we just enjoy the pastry now,"

You nodded with a close-eyed smile.

Both of you chatted for a while. You were now comfortable with him. He was telling you about his volleyball matches and of course his junior, Kageyama.

 He asked you various questions, likes, dislikes, etc. You couldn't deny but you were enjoying the time you were spending with him.

He opened his bag, took out the volleyball, and stood up from the bench raising the volleyball in the sky, holding it with one hand. 

"Volleyball is everything to me. Whether I win a match or lose one, I will never leave volleyball because it's a part of me and that's the only thing that loves me back as I love it."

Your gaze was fixed on him as he said those words and expressed his love for volleyball. The beautiful orange rays of the setting sun draped his face making him glow unusually.

 A light breeze blew, swaying his hair in its direction letting his face look more observable. Another thing that added to his mesmerizing face was his familiar smile which you dont know has swayed the hearts of many.

 And his eyes had this appealing glint of attachment and love that affected you so much. It may have changed your series of thoughts but for now, all you could do was admire him, not in a romantic way or maybe.

He is quite handsome and a beautiful person by heart...I don't know why I mistook him for that kind of person.

"You are staring at me right now," Oikawa said breaking the silence between you two.

This made you realize that you were staring at him, you immediately turned your head in the other direction, "No, I-I wasn't."

You turned your head to the other side because you were blushing and you didn't want Oikawa to discover that. You didn't even know why you were blushing, maybe because that person seriously impacted you which made your heart skip a beat.

"Yes, you were. I know I am very handsome, heard that a lot of times. Are you impressed by me Y/n chan? Do you like me now?"

"NO! Never! You were telling your volleyball love story which I don't know why I was intrigued by, and that's what made me stare at you. And what do you expect me to do? look the other way and listen to you? That's rude!... And what made you think I have romantic feelings for you?"

"I didn't specifically say 'romantic feelings.' What made you think that?"

"You said 'do you like me',"

"I didn't mean that if that's what you're thinking. I was just asking that 'do you hate me still'. And to be exact it meant that can we be friends now?"

You gasped with embarrassment, "I am sorry..." He looked at you with narrowed eyes. "...oh...yeah, I wasn't supposed to say sorry." He came towards you and sat back on the bench.

"What if you get feelings for me...you know the romantic ones," he said in a voice, so soft and peaceful as came closer to your face.

 Looking into your eyes with those brown eyes of his, the words came out of his mouth in a very delicate alluring voice, "...What if you fell in love with me? Will you still deny those feelings?" His face now was so closer to you that your noses were almost touching. 

You could feel his slow breath on your face; your heart was pounding so fast that it was about to explode out of your chest.

You didn't know what you were doing or what was happening, but the question he raised was also true: what if you fell in love with him? 

You shook yourself out of your thoughts and turned your head to the other side instantly.

"I-I should get...going. It will be dark soon. Bye, Oikawa and thank you and...I will not say that word again," you chuckled as you stood up from the bench.

"So...are we friends now?" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck, not exactly looking at you. 

You faced him before leaving again and with a broad smile you replied, "Of course we are!"

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 9.1K 22
【𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝?】 ↳ ❝ 𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔰𝔱 ❞ ❏ started august 1st 2020 ❏ haikyuu x fem!reader ❏ angst,fluff ➳@BLAUE...
1M 22.8K 31
Yandere Haikyuu Boys x Female Reader you are the little sister of Kiyoko and you have just moved back in with your sister and mother. You switch sch...
1.2K 77 12
"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘, 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍" ୨⎯...
20.7K 900 30
After a big rift in high school, Hajime Iwaizumi and Tōru Oikawa thought their friendship was permanently broken. For the rest of their teenage years...