My Strawberry Ice Cream (Sumi...

By HaruhiSuzumiya37

Will you ever find true love? Suffering from a recent breakup that's what you find asking yourself. Is true l... More

BIO
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Eventful Drinking Party
Chapter 2 - Confrontation
Chapter 3 - The Visit
Chapter 4 - Beach and Promise
Chapter 5 - Beach and Heartbreak
Chapter 6 - Hospital Visit
Chapter 7 - Hot springs and Surprise
Chapter 8 - Hot springs and Rental
Chapter 9 - Mortal Enemy
Chapter 10 - The Provisional Girlfriend
Chapter 12 - Christmas
Chapter 13 - Provisional Girlfriend and Lies
Chapter 14 - Provisional Girlfriend and Truce
Chapter 15 - I'm Game
Chapter 16 - The Practice Date
Chapter 17 - The Practice Date (Sumi's POV)
Chapter 18 - Hospital and Problems
Chapter 19 - What does it mean to fall in love?
Chapter 20 - What does it mean to fall in love? (Sumi's pov)
Chapter 21 - Ex-Girlfriend and Karaoke
Chapter 22 - Ex-Girlfriend and Love
Chapter 23 - The Play
Chapter 24 - Princess Aowashi
Chapter 25 - Well how do you feel about her?
Chapter 26 - Regrettable Parting
Chapter 27 - No Longer Human
Chapter 28 - Run, Melos!
Chapter 29 - Sorekara
Chapter 30 - Kokoro
Chapter 31 - Booze and Coincidence
Chapter 32 - Booze and New Allies
Chapter 33 - Provisional Girlfriend and Ex-Girlfriend
Chapter 34 - Double Date?
Chapter 35 - Aquarium Date
Chapter 36 - Aquarium Date (Sumi's POV)
Chapter 37 - Home Date
Chapter 38 - The Girl of My Dreams
Chapter 39 - Rental Girlfriend and Misunderstandings
Chapter 40 - Girlfriend and Misunderstandings
Chapter 41 - Confessi...
Chapter 42 - Time Limit
Chapter 43 - What Now...?
Chapter 44 - On the Offensive
Chapter 45 - For Her Dream
Chapter 46 - For Her Dream (Part 2)

Chapter 11 - Provisional Girlfriend and Trial

922 46 38
By HaruhiSuzumiya37

*Kazuya's pov*

Ruka: "I swear I won't tell anyone about your relationship with Mizuhara. I won't tell anyone she's a rental. I promise not to tell... if you go out with me!!!"

Y/N: "Huh, why would I wanna go out with you?"

Ruka: "Ew no, who wants to go out with you. I'm talking about Kazuya-san."

Y/N: "God damn it! You did it again! Right when I thought I'd won. Wait.... Back up, what'd you say? You wanna go out with Kazuya?"

Ruka: "Yes."

Kazuya: "W-w-wait a second! What?! Go out with you?! Where did that come from?!"

Ruka: "You're the first to go above 90 points."

Kazuya: ?

Ruka: "I like you... KAZUYA-SAN... I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!"

Kazuya: (thoughts) "L-love?! What is she saying?! What's up with her? She likes me? She wants to go out with me? Is she making fun of me?"

Kazuya: "Mizuhara, are you listening?"

Y/N: "Wait Chizu-chan is here too? Oh great I could've gone without her hearing all this."

Kazuya: "Wh-what're you saying?! You shouldn't tease people! What reason could you possibly have for liking me?"

Ruka: "I'm serious. I've always been looking for a passionate person like you Kazuya-san."

Kazuya: "Huh.. why me? Why not him." He points at you

Ruka: "Who him? Never in a million years! He's the exact opposite of what I'm looking for."

Y/N: "Hey!... the feelings mutual!"

Ruka: "The time on the trip, and what happened yesterday. I was surprised by your feelings for Chizuru-san."

Kazuya: "Wha!? Feelings?"

Y/N: "Huh did something happen yesterday after I left?"

Ruka: "I think if you can be this serious about a rental girlfriend, then you would be able to treat your real girlfriend 1000 times better."

Kazuya: "Wh-what're you talking about?!"

Kazuya: (thoughts) "Mizuhara's gonna hear."

Kazuya: "What are you talking about, being serious? Our relationship is just me renting her!"

Y/N: "Hey come on now, that's not true right?"

Ruka: "Really? Then go out with me!"

Y/N: "Woah Woah Woah let's not get carried away here."

Ruka: "Why are you talking? This has nothing to do with you. Just stay out of it!"

Y/N: "Nothing to do with me? I won't let you come here and ruin all my hard work!"

Ruka: "Huh? What hard wor..."

Kazuya: "It's not that simple."

Ruka: "It is that simple! If she's just a rental, then I don't see how that poses any problems!"

Y/N: "There are problems. Aren't you a minor. I can't have Kazuya catching a case here."

Ruka: "I already told you, that dress was just cosplay. I'm 17 years old, going to be 18 soon."

Kazuya: (thoughts) "Does she know what she's saying? There's no way something like that... I mean going out with her... going out... with her..." The door suddenly swings opens and Chizuru comes out.

*Y/N's pov*

Y/N: "Chizu-chan"

Kazuya: "Mi-Mizuhara! Are you sure it's fine to come out?"

Chizuru: "We've already been found out anyway. I heard everything."

Ruka: "Out comes the puppeteer."

Chizuru: "Don't know what you're talking about."

Chizuru: "Ruka, you do know what you're saying, right? As Kazuya said, our relationship doesn't go beyond him renting me, and it's only like this because things got out of hand. Even if what you're saying is true, saying random stuff like that is just going to cause trouble for Kazuya."

Ruka: "It's not random!"

Chizuru: "Eh?"

Ruka: "After all, Kazuya even touched my chest!"

Y/N: "YOU DID WHAT??"

Mizuhara: "What?!"

Kazuya: "Eh?"

Y/N: "What the hell happened after I left yesterday...?"

Kazuya: "Ah.. wait no it's not like... it was an accid..."

Chizuru: "You really..." she was mad

Chizuru: "What are you thinking?! Is anyone okay as long as they're cute?! You put your hands on her despite knowing she's your friends girlfriend?! I thought better of you!"

Kazuya: "No it's not like that... it's just a misunderstanding!"

Ruka: "Has he ever touched you?"

Chizuru: "As if! I'm only a rental."

Ruka: (smirks) "So I'm ahead then."

Y/N: "You need help."

Chizuru: "What?! What are you saying? You're not ahead, because we aren't going anywhere! Like I said I'm a rental girlfriend."

Ruka: "Forcibly hugging me... pushing me down..."

Kazuya: "That and the chest incident are unrelated."

Y/N: "Dude...."

Chizuru: "Them being unrelated doesn't make it more acceptable."

Kazuya: "No, it's not like that!"

Y/N: (thoughts) "This is getting bad... I gotta do something fast before all the efforts up till now go to waste."

Ruka: "He said I was important."

Kazuya: "What are you, living clickbait?! Don't just take the convenient bits!"

Y/N: "Okay guys, let's calm down. We're being too loud, if someone sees us here then..."

Chizuru: "Th-that's true..."

Ruka: ?!

Kazuya opened his door and guided Chizuru inside.

Chizuru: "Don't touch me."

Kazuya: "I told you it's all just a misunderstanding."

Ruka: "Unbelievable!"

Kazuya: "Eh?"

Ruka: "You've even been into his room!"

Chizuru: "What?"

Ruka: "If this was just really a rental then you'd hesitate! This is the client's own house. That lack of hesitation means you've been in here before!"

Y/N: "I don't like her but I gotta admit she's right. You'd normally hesitate before you'd go into his house. Does this mean you've actually been here before?"

Chizuru: "I....

Y/N: "Wait actually? Damn look at you go! Even I haven't seen his place yet, it's my first time in here."

Y/N: (thoughts) "Maybe I was worried for nothing. Looks like their relationship progressed more than I thought."

Y/N: "Anyways this is just what I'd expect from your house... where are you keeping the porn mags." You start looking under his bed.

Kazuya: "Hey! Get away from there."

Ruka: "This isn't 'just a rental' You're keeping this from your company and your other clients aren't you?! You can't do that! I'm going to tell your agency."

Y/N: "Hey calm down"

Ruka: "No! Why should I! He's mine now!" She wraps herself around Kazuya "I won't let anyone else by his side."

Chizuru: "Do-do as you like."

Y/N: (thoughts) "Nope I take that back I was right to be worried, the hell is up with this situation? Still what can we even talk about? Doesn't seem like she has any intention of negotiating. We're just wasting our time."

Chizuru: "Give us five minutes! Let me talk to Kazuya alone for five minutes! Go outside."

Ruka: "Why? I don't wanna. Who knows what you two might get to..."

Chizuru: "We won't get to anything!"

Y/N: "Just go already."

Chizuru: "You're going too."

Y/N: "Huh?! What? Why me?!"

Chizuru: "You're just as bad as her. She's trying to take Kazuya, you're trying to give him to me."

Ruka: "You're what?!"

Y/N: "Don't worry about it."

Ruka: "Now I'm definitely not going."

Y/N: "I'm not going anywhere either."

Kazuya: "Ru-Ruka. Do it for my sake please?"

Ruka: "...If that's what my Kazuya wants..."

Chizuru: "Can you go too now?"

Y/N: "Nope. Not happening."

Chizuru: "Y/N. Do it for my sake please..."

Y/N: "Hell no! I'm not her, that's not gonna work on me!"

Chizuru: "Just go already!!" She throws you out and shuts the door.

Y/N: "Ouch now that would definitely work on me... oh great I'm stuck here with you for 5 whole minutes."

Ruka: "You aren't my first preference either ok."

Y/N: "First? You aren't even on my list of preferences."

Ruka: ...

Y/N: ...

**Meanwhile inside**

Chizuru: "Let me ask you one thing."

Chizuru: "Do you like Ruka?"

Kazuya: "Eh? Heck no! Why would you ask that?"

Chizuru: "The evidence seems to say otherwise."

Kazuya: "L-like I said those were accidents."

Kazuya: "...I don't really know. It's the first time someone's told me they like me. Mami-chan never said it once in the end."

Kazuya: "I do think she's cute, like any guy would, but when I think about how Kuri would feel... there's no way I could go out with her."

Chizuru: "...I see. Then you shouldn't go out with her."

Kazuya: "Eh?!"

Chizuru: "Isn't it obvious? We can't trust her. If you give in to her now, she'll just walk all over you in the future! I don't think that oath of hers is worth much either. As adults, we have to deal with this firmly."

Kazuya: "Y-yeah. I'm surprised, I thought you'd tell me to go out with her..."

Chizuru: "Eh?"

Kazuya: "I mean you said it before, right? It would be best for me to get a girlfriend."

Chizuru: ...

Chizuru: "I understand. No matter how much you want a relationship, this is not how one should start. Threatening you into going out with her from the start, I'm suspicious of whether she actually likes you or not, despite how many times she says it. The one thing that's absolutely necessary between 'lovers' is real feelings, right?"

Chizuru: "It's nothing like renting so, it's only natural that no one's just gonna be like 'yeah, sure?'. But what should we do? If she outs us, we'll really be in trouble... we gotta think of something. I would've asked Y/N if he liked her but they hate each other's guts."

Kazuya: "Mizuhara, I have an idea!"

...

Chizuru: "Tell Kuri everything?!"

Kazuya: "Yeah if I tell him now, there's a good chance he'll keep quiet to protect both our secrets. It probably won't have any affect on your uni life either!"

Chizuru: "That's true but...are you okay with him finding out about you renting a girlfriend?"

Kazuya: "I already know his secret so it's only fair if he knows mine. I bet we go for a drink and talk about the whole rental girlfriend situation, he'll cheer up."

Kazuya: "But damn it! He's not answering his phone or responding on Line. I'm gonna head over to his place."

Chizuru: "How are you gonna go when they're both standing outside."

**Outside**

Y/N: "So... wonderful weather we're having huh?"

Ruka: "That's it I can't stand here another second with you! Their 5 minutes are up!" She opens the door to see Kazuya halfway out the window.

Ruka: "What are you doing?"

Chizuru: "Y/N, you were supposed to watch her!"

Y/N: "Yeah maybe I could've helped with whatever this is if you would've told me."

Kazuya: "Eh?" The tree he was on snaps and he falls to the ground.

Chizuru: "Hey are you okay?"

Ruka: "You were trying to escape. How cruel!"

Chizuru: "Ruka wait a second! Are you okay with this? Even if what you said is true I don't think it will work out for you if you just threaten him into it."

Ruka: "...You have no idea.... You have no idea how much I searched for him!!" She runs off and catches up to Kazuya.

Ruka: "Ah Kazuya where are you going?!"

Kazuya: "Mi-zu..."

Ruka: "You're going Kuri's house right? You can't escape. Give up and go out with me." She latches herself onto him.

Ruka: "I'm going to tell Kuribayashi-san, I'm serious."

Kazuya: "Pl-please fo-fo-forgive me!" He prostrates himself on the cement in front of her.

Ruka: "Eh?"

Kazuya: "If I led you on I'm sorry! You can punch me or kick me or do whatever you want. Even if you're serious, when I think about how Kuri would feel I just can't. So please really, just leave me alone!!"

Y/N: "That's right Kazuya, you tell her. Don't give into it."

Ruka suddenly bursts out in tears.

Ruka: "You didn't have to go that far."

Kazuya: "Eh?"

Ruka: "I knew you'd hate me if I did something like this! But you two are so close and your neighbours too. And you have him trying to ruin everything."

Y/N: "Hey! Do only one ruining things here is you!"

Girl 1: "Making a girl cry..."

Y/N: "I-it wasn't me!"

Girl 2: "Scum"

Y/N: ...

Ruka: "I didn't know what to do. If you go out with me I won't say anything to Kurubayashi-san I swear."

Kazuya: "Hold up! Let's stop crying for a second!"

Ruka: "I even talked with you about the rental girlfriend thing and I broke it off with Kuribayashi-san. I know that you're in love with Chizuru." Chizuru and Kazuya both had a blush present on their faces.

Y/N: (smirks) "I see how it is."

Chizuru: "Shut up."

Y/N: "Why is everyone being so mean to me..."

Ruka: "I thought I had to do this, otherwise you wouldn't go out with me!"

Kazuya: "Nononono Ruka..."

Ruka: "I'm not telling you to fall in love with me... you can just think of it as a trial. Please let me be your girlfriend!"

Kazuya: "Ruka..." Chizuru comes over to Kazuya and drags him along a bit further.

Chizuru: "No, you're staying here."

Y/N: "Huh why again?"

Chizuru: "Because you aren't about to like what I'm gonna say."

Y/N: "That gives me more of a reason to come with you."

Chizuru: "Just stay here and make sure she stops crying."

Y/N: "HUH? How do I do that."

Chizuru: "Just figure it out."

Y/N: "Damn her... hey... stop crying."

She starts crying even harder

Girl 1: "He's still making her cry?"

Girl 2: "Scum"

Y/N: "...Hey I'll tell you what, if you stop crying I'll tell you what Kazuya likes." She stops crying and looks up at you.

Ruka: "What...?"

Y/N: "He likes... he likes Chizu-chan." You say with a smirk

She starts crying again while you start laughing.

**With Chizuru and Kazuya**

Chizuru: "Go out with her."

Kazuya: "What? Wh-what do you me..."

Chizuru: "I'm sorry to do this to you, but we really don't want any more people to know about the 'rental girlfriend' thing... as long as she doesn't tell Kuribayashi-kun, nobody will find out."

Kazuya: "Eh...No...Wai...I..."

Chizuru: "It does seem like she's in love with you. There must be a reason why she's crying that much..."

Kazuya: "But before... That's not what you were saying before!"

Chizuru: "Well, what else can we do? It doesn't seem like she'll leave you alone until you agree to go out with her. She already knows which Uni we go to. It's dangerous to leave her alone. And she said 'a trial', right?"

Kazuya: ...

They head on over back to you guys

Chizuru: "Huh? What's this? I thought I told you to make her stop crying not make her cry even more."

Y/N: "Why would I do that after all the problems she's caused for me."

Chizuru: ...

Kazuya: "Ruka stop crying... I've decided... that I'll go out with you."

Y/N: "WHAT?!?!"

Ruka: "Really...?"

Y/N: "No not really!!! How dare you guys make a decision without asking me first?!"

Chizuru: "Because this has nothing to do with you... it only pertains to Kazuya and Ruka."

Y/N: "How is tha...."

Kazuya: "It's only a trial period!"

Y/N: "Huh?"

Kazuya: "It's only a trial period like she said."

Y/N: "That doesn't make it any better..."

Ruka: "Yes! That's fine!" She looks towards you with a huge grin plastered on her face.

Y/N: "Grr... whatever, you guys do whatever you want... clearly don't need me here." You storm off

Chizuru: "Y/N wait." You don't listen to her and go home.

Y/N: (thoughts) "Right when everything seemed to be going smoothly she comes and messes everything up. Everything gone down the drain. Very well then, guess I'll have to start over again. But no matter what happens, I will not let you win, Sarashina-Ruka."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 939 39
What if Chizuru lived in a different apartment? Rather than living next to Kazuya, she lives next to... well... you! Y/n, a literature student at Ner...
701 19 6
When Izuku gets Sexually Assaulted by three guys at a Party, Izuku gets mistaken as a 'Whore' not only that Izuku's love also gets misunderstood, he...
6K 139 14
A Rent-a-Girlfriend Fanfiction OC x Mami Nanami Natsu Sugihara, a humble upperclassman, is a long-time friend of Mami Nanami, who similarly hails fro...
81.4K 1.7K 11
Makoto, Haruka and (Name) have just graduated from high school. Finally finding apartments in Tokyo, you're all ready to start your university days...