The twilight curse

By SethDragon

The story is around a hundred years later after the calamity Ganon took over hyrule. Hyrule is in great dang... More

ch 1; the beginning
ch 2; the naked man
ch 3; time to leave
ch 4; Do you want me?
ch 5; not feeling well
ch 6; the zora king
ch 7; in the heat
ch 8; the letter
ch 9; the night of the blood moon
ch 10; wrong name
ch 11; repeat after me
ch 12; The leader of Kakariko
ch 13; the dog meeting the shark
ch 14; Let's heading back
ch 15; Vah Ruta
ch 16; Farewell, for now
ch 17; Rito village
ch 19; Vah Medoh
ch 20; the missing Rito
ch 21; Glitches part one
part two; the former yiga
ch 22; Kara kara bazaar
ch 23; Gerudo town
ch 24; unexpected news
ch 25; Vah Naboris
ch 26; YOU ARE BACK!!!
ch 27; the garden
ch 28; old and new memories
ch 29; The lost woods
ch 30; Run piggy, run
ch 31; The twilight mirror
ch 32; The battle at hyrule castle, pt. 1
The battle at hyrule castle, pt.2
The battle at hyrule castle, pt.3
ch 33; The birth of Demise
ch 34; Pure chaos
ch 35; One last chance
ch 36; Two kind of betrayals
ch 37; Assembled army
ch 38; Making a choice
ch 39; Encounters in the forest
ch 40; The final battle
ch 1; I refuse to marry him!
ch 2; It's unfair!
ch 3; Wetland stable

ch 18; flight range, the test

52 3 0
By SethDragon

Link looks asking at Teba.
"So?-... You want us to jump out, against the chasm, and shoot five targets, in less three minutes, in midair?"
The white feathered Rito nods.
"Yes... And the one of you or your brother, who win, will assist me, in the fight against Vah Medoh..." he answers.
Linkly looks a slightly nervous down, there they are supposed to take the test. He couldn't even see the bottom, it's like a bottomless hole, with fog covering the 'maybe ground'. Making it a bit scarier...If they fall... Will they ever reach the bottom?!

Link raises an eyebrow.
"And if any of us falls?" He asks doubtfully and crosses the arms.
Teba shrugs.
"Then I will simply save you, and put you down on solid ground..." The Rito explains, and tilts the head.
"... Or, are you afraid of heights?" he asks seriously.
Link grits the teeth, and takes it as Teba made fun of him. Which wasn't Teba's intentions.
"Of course I'm not-..." Link scoffs.
"I will start, and make sure the test is safe..." he adds.
He really doesn't want Linkly to, either take the test or fight Vah Medoh.
But since he doesn't want to hurt Linkly's feelings again, he will make sure to win the test. So Linkly won't be chosen for the battle against Vah Medoh.

Teba looks confused at Link. But thinks the hylian is only protective of his brother.
The Rito nods.
"I suggest you're using Bomb arrows for the test... If you don't have any, I will give you some"
Link nods.
"Perfect-... And I would like to get some"
Teba points against the hut.
"The arrows are in the hut-... Take as many you need" he tells Link, and follows him for a few seconds with the eyes, when Link walks toward the hut.
The rito pulls the eyes off him and turns the face toward Linkly, who still looks at the flinge range.
" You know-... he starts saying and walks toward Linkly, who jolts when he heard approaching footsteps.
Linkly turns toward him.
The Rito inhales deeply and rubs the backhead with the wing.
"... If you don't want to take the test... You don't need to... Like I said, I can only carry one person at the time, during battle... And if your brother finishes the test without any problem... I can always choose him, even if you haven't done the test yet..." he tells him in concern, since Linkly seems kinda nervous over the test.
And if Teba would be honest, Link seems much stronger than Linkly. A better warrior.
A better choice for the battle against Vah Medoh, even though Linkly looks easier to carry...

Linkly parts the lips with increased heartbeats.
Even if he might feels a little dizzy right now, he doesn't want to step aside. And let Link, take care of everything. Again.
The smaller hylian shakes the head.
Teba raises an eyebrow.
"So, you will still do the test?"
Linkly lips curl upward into a crooked smile.
The hylian gives him a thumb up.
The bewildered Rito looks curiously at him.
"May I ask you-..."
Linkly tilts the head asking.
The Rito swallows hardly.
"You are mute, aren't you?"
Linkly starts thinking about the question. He can say few things. And since he can do that, doesn't it mean, he isn't mute? Only voiceless for some weird reason?
The hylian shrugs.
The Rito looks confused at him. Thinking it's weird, if Linkly doesn't know if he is mute or not.

The moment Teba hears footsteps approaching them, he turns around and looks at Link.
Yes, if he could choose one to win, he would rather have Link.
The muscular hylian looks strong, and he isn't even affected by the cold. Which is weird since he doesn't has any feathers or even a jacket on him.
"Are you ready for the test?"
Link grins.
" I am-..."

***
Link runs toward the edge of the snowy ground, then he throws himself toward the chasm.
The moment he pulled out the paraglider and the upward gust from an updraft, pushes him upward, it feels as air pushes out from the lungs in surprise.
The hylian with part wolf in his blood, looks around on the cliffs.
There are many targets. At least twenty of them.
He smirks.
Shooting five targets withing three minutes, wouldn't be any problem.
It would be a piece of cake.
Link takes the paraglider down, when he is high enough.
Then he pulls the bow out and one bomb arrow.
He pulls the string on the bow and narrows the eyes to aim at the first target.
For some reason, it feels as he is falling slowly down.
As the time has slowing down, when he is aiming with the bow in midair.

Link let's go of the string and could hear the crackling bomb arrow, swishing away, toward the target he had aimed.
A few seconds later, the arrow hits the target and turns into an enormous explosion.
The wave from the explosion grasps Link, and pushes him backward.
The hylian gasps surprised, and puts the bow away.
Now he starts falling swiftly toward the bottomless hole.
With few and swift movements, he takes the paraglider out.
Lucky him, he floats toward an updraft, where the upward gust, pushes him upward.

The Rito nods, while eyeing Link from the hut, where Linkly and he are waiting.
He knew how surprised Link would be, when he'd used bomb arrow in midair, for the first time.
Now, Teba wants to see how Link will tackles, the sudden wave of the exploding bomb arrows.
How good the hylian will adjust to the situation. Since he now, knew the reaction from using a bomb arrow.
Linkly glances toward Teba.

Link's eyes move swiftly around to pinpoint the next target, who is strategic best placed, compared where he is right now.
When he found it, he replaces the paraglider with the bow and one bomb arrow.
His ear twitches a little, when he hears the crackling sound. Since he has used similar arrows in the past, he knew they would explode, if he isn't shooting away the arrow in time...
So, he narrows the eyes and pulls the string.
When he has aimed, he let's go of the string.
Instead to stay in same place, and stare at the arrow to hit the target, he replaces the bow with the paraglider, as quickly he could.
Then he glides away to protect himself behind a cliff.
He was almost behind the cliff, when he hears the arrow, exploding on the target.
In last moment, he gets away from the wave of the explosion, by hiding behind the cliff.

Teba smirks.
Which Linkly notices.
The hylian's heart starts pounding. It was obvious. Teba has already chosen his companion in the battle against Vah Medoh.
Even if Link hasn't shot five targets yet, it was obvious, he has already won in Teba's eyes.
Linkly exhales a soft sigh, and turns the eyes back at Link.
There isn't any point to take the test, himself...
Linkly feels mixed feelings about that.
Disappointed to stand on the sideline again. But also relieved.
He isn't feeling very well right now.
If he had taken the test, where would be a risk, he would fail miserably.
Like he said earlier to Link. Wait... Thought...
It's weird how he could still be sick.
No way it can be a common cold. It must be something else. Like a virus or something.
Or maybe his body starts protesting from the almost, one hundred years slumber?
Perhaps his body has taken damage from that? And starts now breaking apart?

A while later, Link lands on the ground, with a wide smile.
Taking five targets down, was easy, and he got finished within three minutes. At the most, it must has taken two minutes.

The Rito takes few steps, before flapping the wings and flies away, toward Link.
Teba lands in front him.
"You have made well... I'm sure the attack on Vah Medoh, won't be any problem if you and I, join our powers... If you still want to help me"
Link nods.
"Of course-... Otherwise I wouldn't have taken your test..." he answers and glances against Linky, who starts approaching them slowly.
Link notices how the kinda feeble hylian, doesn't seems very excited anymore.
"Excellent!" Teba bursts out, and glances curiously toward the direction, where Link glances at.
When the Rito sees Linky, he turns toward him.
"DO YOU STILL WANT TO TAKE THE TEST?" He shouts, despite he's ninety-nine percent sure, he will choose Link.

Linkly gasps jolting, and looks toward the Rito.
The Rito might pitying him, but he couldn't care less about that. He is feeling happy with being involved.
The golden blonde haired hylian, shakes his head, feeling hair strands, brushing over his cold and kinda pale face.
"I'll skip-... I'm not in good shape right now..."
Link nods. Feeling relieved, Linkly doesn't wants to take the test at all.
The taller hylian looks at Teba.
"He won't do the test... He isn't in good shape..."
The Rito nods in agreement.
"I can see that... Maybe the cold isn't his thing? Which I can't blame him... He doesn't has any feathers like me... And he doesn't has the right equipment to stay warm..." Teba says and looks asking toward Link.
"The good question is, why can you keep your warmth, despite you don't even use a jacket?"
Link grins.
" 'Cause I'm part wolf..."
The bewildered Rito raises an eyebrow, and starts examining him.
Then he shrugs.
"That's might be a good thing... Perhaps your wolf-side will give you any powers to use against Vah Medoh..." Teba says while Linkly joins them.
The rito inhales deeply.
"Only tell me when you are ready, and we will attack the divine beast..."
Link shrugs.
"Like, now?"
Teba nods and glances at the hut.
"Great-... I have a falcon bow in the chest, in the hut... You can take the bow as a gift and use it, during the attack..." he tells him.
"... And take more bomb arrows, if you can carry more..." he adds.

The rito starts feeling excited and for the first time, in long time, hopeful to win against Vah Medoh. Saving his people from the divine beast's attacks toward the ones, who flies too high up.
They will finally be free, and revenge Revali's death...
And if he is lucky, their champion will see, the rito village has got a new protector. Someone who will take care of them.
Someone who will make Revali proud....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 363 28
"Princess!" he yelled after her. "Where are you going?" "Back to the castle," she replied without stopping. "Not by yourself you're not!" "I'm sorry...
77.9K 2.7K 50
You are the Hylian champion, chosen to be so a century ago. Waking up in the Shrine of Resurrection is a shock, but having no memories to go along wi...
9.9K 284 37
ยซ Nothing will never do us apart. ยป It's been six months since I fell in love for the first time of my life. All of this because of him. Him, Link F...
2.3K 24 13
An ongoing book that thoroughly explores the lives of Link and Zelda after the events of TotK. Picking up immediately following the events of TotK, t...