Seriously? | Oscar Piastri |

By theoneandONLYronnie

|COMPLETED| "Seriously?" When Adeena, her friends, and her boyfriend plan a trip to Monaco during summer brea... More

introduction
the flight
touchdown
the dinner
party
sleepover
birthday
time to party
all holidays come to an end
one perfect rose
we meet again...
seriously?
maybe, maybe not
plan
2nd Chances
something they didn't know
understanding
A/N
flicker
blooming
patience
november
...
the past
....
New Characters!!
1st 3rd of closure...?
the truth?
...
for them...
accepting
always, we'll care
almost there
parting
i'm sorry... goodbye
side by side
here always
finally
deja vu
whipped
princessed
opps
destiny
light
booking
A/N (pls read)
meetings and greetings
magnetic force
adenar
insta
moments
a new chapter to...

family

2K 36 7
By theoneandONLYronnie

Published date: 15 May 2022
Word count: 2892
Warnings:  N/A
Song:Nangangamba (Zack Tabudlo)
A/N-
Hi guys so this chapter is going to be quite long hehe. Also yeah… idk what to say. This chapter might be a little crap since I was writing it for like 4 days when I was half asleep. Anyways my last exam is going to be this week so👍 okay bye enjoy. OH AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! 12K READS!
And do you guys think that Adeena and Oscar are moving too slowly or?

Dal-Rae's pov

Shit, she knows the full truth now.

I can't deny it anymore. I can't even pretend to be oblivious.

Abeoji, why didn't you tell me what you wrote inside…

I should have read it first…

I just hope she doesn't know the Real reason why Eomma is here.

Oscar's pov

I was at Adeena's apartment to water her plants.

I looked around while waiting for the water bottle she had for watering plants to be filled up.

I looked at the photo frames around her house that I haven't really paid attention to before.

One picture she was at a dance studio dancing when she was maybe 13? She looked so concentrated and in her zone.

Then there was another that looked like maybe she was 10 years old at a gymnastics performance with a group of young girls. It was for a chinese new year celebration in Singapore was what the banner behind them said. Adeena was pigging back one of her friends. It looked like she was trying not to fall while smiling.

Then there was one with, maybe, her brother, her mother and herself. Her mother had her arms around both of their necks as they were in martial arts uniform, don't ask me which one though I have no idea. They were maybe around 9 to 7 years old. Adeena was laughing hysterically while her brother and mother looked at her confused but with a little smile.

There was one with all four of her grandparents. And the one next to that looked like a family gathering where her whole family, maybe about 30+ of them, were gathered at a house with huge smiles.

One was when she was maybe 15 with Hannah. She was playing the guitar, with a soft smile, at a garden while Hannah watched her with a big smile on her face.

Then there was one with her friend group last year. They were at an arcade trying to beat each other in a car game. Adeena had a smirk on her face, she was probably leading.

A few class pictures when she was in Singapore. One where they were having a sports event, another when they were having a dance class maybe.

A group picture with 2 girls and 2 guys at I think her secondary school graduation. They had huge grins on their faces with random accessories like huge sunglasses and a huge red hat that one of the guys was putting on top of a girl with short black hair.

And finally one with her family that was probably taken last year at a wedding maybe.

I took the bottle and started to water the plants according to what she said.

I didn't know she was so talented. I knew that she was smart since she was able to get a scholarship at the university she was studying in now. I also knew that she painted really nicely but she always said "nah it's just for fun." I knew that she had a really nice voice from all that car pooling the past few weeks. But that's all I knew about her talents after knowing her for almost 5 months soon and we have been spending quite a lot of time together.

Ding dong.

She's back already?

I just got here a few minutes ago.

Did she really finish up already? That was fast.

I went up to open the door when-

"Surprise." I was greeted by an asain lady with dyed brown golden-ish hair, maybe in her early 40s with 3 of her children behind her.

They looked familiar…

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I most have gotten the wrong unit." The lady then looked back at her oldest child. He had black hair a sharp jaw-line he didn't look full asain tho, just like Adeena and his two other siblings. "你确定这是 Adeena 住的地方吗?"
(Are you sure this is where Adeena lives?)

Did they just say Adeena?

"Yeah. 这是她去年发给群聊的地址。" The older boy scrolled through his phone.
(This is the address that she sent to the group chat last year.)

"Ma! This is where 姐姐住. She brought us here before." The younger girl with black hair said. She had rounder eyes but other than that she looked more like her mother.
(Sister lives)

"Erm, I'm sorry. Do you know if there's a girl called Adeena that lives around here?" The mother said. Wait isn't she the mother in the family photo and aren't they the siblings?

They are her family.

"Oh, are you Adeena's family? I'm her friend Oscar. Nice to meet you Mrs Williams." Oscar bowed a little.

"Oh Oscar… your name sounds familiar." Adeena's mother said while looking up into the sky as if trying to remember something.

"Oh! Weren't you the guy with her when I was video calling her. When she was in… Monaco!" Jake suddenly exclaimed. Oh yeah… he called Adeena when his mom was scolding him if I remembered correctly.

"Wait, aren't you Oscar from f2?" The younger brother said he had fluffy brown hair and brown eyes like his siblings but his were much lighter while the older brother had eyes that were almost black.

"Erm yeah. I'm just here to water her plants. You guys can come in. I'll text her that you guys are here. Then leave afterwards."

"Oh no need. We want to surprise her." The mother said. "And you should stay. I'm going to make some food. You can join us." I nodded awkwardly. If I said no I would feel a little rude so…

I went back to the balcony to water the rest of the plants.

Adeena is definitely going to be happy after seeing them.

I can't help but feel like she would be overwhelmed. Especially since she hasn't really got closure from her birth family. And she might be getting it today. She'll come home without time to process everything and then has to see her family.

I do remember her saying that when it comes to different shaping her families she calls one true and the other is her birth family.

I hope that she can take all this in one day…

~

"Oscar, my mom just finished making the tea. She told me to get you. " The older brother opened the door to the balcony a little.

"Okay, thanks." I said and made my way with him to the dining table.

"I'm jake by the way. Adeena's older youngest brother, I'm 17. And the best brother she could ever ask for." He then pointed to his younger brother. "And that's Jeraiah. Adeena's younger youngest brother, he's 9. He's really interested in cars and f1 so don't be overwhelmed if he starts to smack you with a lot of questions. He's a real extrovert just like most of our family. I think Adeena is the only one who's much more of an introvert but she's more of a loud introvert." We walked passed his younger sister who he carried. "And this is Mikayla. She's basically the princess of the family. She likes to scream like a rat AKA sing." He lowered his voice when he said the last part.

His younger sister who had heard him hit him in the back of his head which earned an "Ouch" from him.

"Hello Kor Kor Oscar!" The younger girl greeted him cheerfully. She then put her hand out for him to shake which he shook. "You can call me Kayla."

"Hello, Kayla. Nice to meet you. " I smiled at her.

"Kor kor is basically an older brother. It's kind of what we call everyone who is older than us but still young, I guess? To be honest I don't know." Jake tried to explain to me. I nodded my head trying to know a bit more.

When we reached the dining table Jeraiah was already sitting.

"Ha! I'm taller than you, raiah!" Mikayla then pokes her younger brother out at her younger brother.

They started having a fight and Jeraiah tried to jump to the height of Jake carrying Mikayla.

I bent down to his height and asked him. "Do you want me to carry you?" He quickly nodded his head and put two arms out with a smile on his face and eyes closed. I chuckled at his reaction and carried him.

Since I was taller than Jake. Mikayla couldn't say that she was taller, all she said was.

"That's not fair, Kor Kor Oscar is taller than Kor kor!" Both Jake and I looked at each other with "Save me looks" and that's when Mrs Williams finally came with the tea.

She said something in Chinese which stopped the two younger siblings from fighting and quickly got down from both of our grasp. They quickly sat down either scared of their mother or because they wanted to drink the tea.

"Oscar, Jake, sit you aren't being punished." She chuckled a little to her own joke and both Jake and I sat across from the younger ones.

Jake leaned in to whisper to me. "Sorry she has a lame sense of humour."

I chuckled at him and nodded.

Adeena had a similar humour too. Especially with her "Have you heard the rumour about the butter? Nevermind I shouldn't spread it. " and her "Sheep-P-R"

"So Oscar you're in f2 right? " Their mom spoke up, breaking the silence at the table.

"Yeah, He is! He's leading the championship!" Jeraiah suddenly exclaimed.

Their mom chuckled at Jeraiah excitement so did I. "Wow so you must be really good then."

"Erm… maybe?" I nervously replied. Rubbing my hand on the back of my neck.

"So why are you in Italy?" Jake asked.

"Oh cause my team, Prema, is based here." I explained.

"So how is it to be an f2 driver?" Their mother poured more tea for us.

"It's nice but really stressful. It's like the step before f1 or maybe NASCAR or indy car. Maybe being a reserved driver for an F1 team. So you really have to show your potential." Their mother nodded.

"Oh by the way just call me Aunty Jo. I'm not used to Mrs Williams, it sounds very posh to me." Aunty Jo chuckled.

"So how did you and Adeena become friends?" Mikayla asked with a cheeky smile. "Are you guys even just friends?"

I chuckled. "Yes, we are just friends. We met on the plane to Monaco and chatted for a while since we were bored and then it just happened that Adeena was actually in the same hotel as me. So I invited her and her friend group to hang out with me and my friend group. Then we celebrated her birthday together and that's basically it."

~

"Well, actually I find it really cool that Adeena is a scientist." I said.

"You know she actually wanted to be a kpop idol when she was young. But she said that she probably wasn't good enough. She won contests in her schools and did performances outside but the thing she lacked was self confidence. And it hurts as a mom to see her doubt herself." The mom explained.

Yeah, I know. For the past few months I have known her, self confidence has always been a problem. She is so talented but she never really lets her full potential show.

"I want to be an Idol. Mostly so that I can show her that if I could do it she could do it as well. But of course I want to do it because I love music and the performances."

"Yeah. From the kpop performances I have seen compared to the western ones, they really go all out on kpop. It's outstanding. I really admire them. I mean their stamina is probably better than mine." I laughed.

"Yeah. I'm actually going to take part in an audition in Australia a few days after I go back to Singapore." When Jake was talking about kpop his eyes really sparkled. You could see the determination there.

Time passed. Most of us went to do our own things, Jeraiah dragging me to play toy cars with him. Mikayla playing with dolls with her mother. Jake would join in once in a while but was mostly on his phone but I think he was trying to learn a dance.

~

姐- big sister

Suddenly all of us turned our head towards the door when we heard someone coming in.

"Mom? Jake? Kayla? Raiah? What are you guys doing here?" Adeena came through the door with a smile on her face as soon as she saw them. But I could sense something was wrong.

"To surprise you of course!" Her mother then went up to her and hugged her. "Have you not been eating well? You have gotten skinnier. Oh, are you sleeping well? Is school stressful? I-" Her mother was examining her. And left both of her hands on Adeena's face.

"Ma… I'm fine." Adeena smiled softly and put her hands on top of her mother's. Something was absolutely wrong. When she talks about her family she always has such an energetic and huge smile on her face. But now she has a small, sad, smile.

"姐!" Her little sister came running up to her. Adeena lifted her up and twirled her around.

Mikayla whispered something to her which made Adeena's chuckle.

"Sup, 姐." Jake hugged her. Adeena ruffled his hair as she carried Mikayla with one arm. Jale rolled his eyes with a smile on his face.

Jeraiah was still with me though he was sitting next to me on the floor as he shook my arm trying to get my attention again.

"Wow Jeraiah… Nice to see that you like Oscar more than me." Jeraiah then turned his head to Adeena and ran up to her but before grabbing my arm and dragged me with him.

"姐! I missed you!" He hugged her, finally letting go of my hand.

She looked at me while hugging her brother and holding her sister up with one hand. She chuckled at me and mouthed "sorry"

I awkwardly smiled at her.

I then looked towards her mother who was smirking.

"Erm, I think I'll take my leave now." I bowed to them. But…

"I want to flow-low Kor Kor Oscar. I don't want him to leave. He must play toy car with me!" Jeraiah whined. I chuckled at him and carefully tried to get him to let go of me.

After a while I decided to stay at Adeena's house till he falls asleep, after all of Jeraiah's whining.

After Adeena's mother cooked dinner for all of us. Her family went to wash up.

After washing up it was time for them to sleep, Jake and Jeraiah would be sleeping in the guest room while the rest of the girls would sleep in Adeena's room.

Jeraiah begged me to stay with him so I would only be able to leave after he fell asleep.

Jake and I were playing Mario kart in the living room while Jeraiah sat on my lap watching. Adeena's mother and sister were fast asleep.

Adeena was next to me hitting my arm whenever she would get squid.

I'm sure there will be a bruise later on. I'm joking but it hurts.

I felt Jeraiah breathing slow so I looked back at him and saw that he was sleeping. I looked to my left and right Jake and Adeena were both half asleep.

"Adeena, I'll bring Jeraiah back to his bed." Adeena sleepily nodded.

"I think I'll go to bed too." Jake got up and followed me as I carried Jeraiah.

"Night, 姐夫. " Jake smirked but yawned afterwards as I was about to close the door.

"Er night? " I was confused since I didn't know what he meant.

I went to the living room and saw that Adeena was packing up the things. I helped her put the pillows nicely on the couch when I asked.

"What does er Jie fu mean?" I asked in a questioning tone.

"Brother in law. Why?" Erm what? I started to smile absentmindedly.

"Jake called me that." Adeena chuckled as he shook her head.

"If it affects you. You shouldn't show it. He'll use it against you." I shrugged.

"Doesn't sound that bad."

~

After we finished cleaning I was about to leave.

"I'll see you soon." I said as I wore my shoes.

"Yep, see you. Be safe. Good night. And thank you for hosting them I guess."

"No problem any time. Good night. " I kissed her cheek which made her widen her eyes.

"Night."

Little did I know what was going to happen the next morning...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 5.7K 38
Aimée Noëlle Leclerc grew up in the beautiful city of Monte Carlo with her parents and three brothers Lorenzo, Charles and her twin-brother Arthur Le...
62.9K 1.5K 42
"You look beautiful." "And you're drunk." "Maybe...but when I wake up tomorrow I'll be sober. And you...you'll still be beautiful." What happens w...
unconditional By

Fanfiction

990K 14.3K 50
Ellasandra Monet gets swept up into the world of F1 when she finally lands her dream job, but what happens when she comes across her dream guy, Charl...
467K 6.9K 65
Years after the death of Hervé Leclerc, his family faces a new challenge when they discover that there is one more sister, outside the marriage of th...