No Saints Here | 18+

Bởi Ummmmokaybro

Alexandra Abernathy is used to getting what she wants, and when she wants it. She's top of her class, a grea... Xem Thêm

Dedication, Aesthetics, Staples & DISCLAIMER!
CH 1 Welcome to the Neighborhood
CH 2 Welcome to St. Mary's
CH 3 Liars Are The Foundation
CH 4 Lolita
CH 5 Assembly
CH 6 Looking Forward To It
CH 7 Water Under the Bridge
CH 8 Dumbfounded
CH 9 He Knows, I Know
CH 10 Can't Catch a Break
CH 11 Need A Miracle
CH 12 Stung By A Jellyfish
CH 13 Deal
CH 14 Truth or Dare.
CH 15 In Your Head
CH 16 Shaking Hands With The Devil
CH 17 Absent
CH 18 The Number
CH19 Stooping To Her Level
CH 20 The Wink
CH21 Confession
CH 22 Game On.
CH 23 Good Girl
CH 24 The Extra Credit Assignment
CH 25 The Cherry Red Camaro
CH 27 Probably Just Friends
CH 28 Meet the Robinson's
Ch 29 My Buddy
CH 30 Didn't You Hear?
CH 31 Metal Humming Bird
Ch 32 Moving On
Ch 33 Swim Suits
CH 34 Game On
CH 35 Head in the Game
CH 36 The Burn
CH 37 The Bathroom
CH 38 Mister Perfect
CH 39 The "C"
CH 40 Luke to the Rescue
CH 41 The Returning Book
CH 42 It's Over
CH 43 The Magnolia's
CH 44 Only With You
CH 45 Doesn't Look Good
CH 46 Finding the Tarp
CH 47 All Mine for the Night
CH 48 A Great Night
Ch 49 Very Bad
CH 50 Be Smart
CH51 I Only See You
MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU FILTHY ANIMAL
CH 52 Birthday
CH 53 Richards Was Coming Back
CH 54 Not Tonight
CH 55 You Should Go
CH 56 I'm Coming
CH 57 I Love You
CH 60 - EPILOGUE

CH 26 Pink

12.7K 304 81
Bởi Ummmmokaybro

Alex's POV:

When I made it home I quickly threw on my new dress. Loving the way it held my body...

I threw on a few necklaces and a golden bracelet I got for my birthday last year. Hoping that it would make me look more presentable tonight, since I couldn't curl my hair. Luke was hell bent on showing me a beach on the way home. The same beach he supposedly met some famous body builder on. 

Because of his unnecessary detour, I had to rush getting ready. Throwing on some light makeup and mascara, since my skin was tanned and rosy from the sun. 

Looking in the mirror, I slipped on some high heeled sandals. Finally liking how I look for tonight.

Okay Alex, just breath... breath...

Tonight is going to be great. Father Jepson is going to be understand, and he'll think it's funny. Not weird, creepy, or wrong...

Fuck.

I should have never told him what I thought about Christian in the first place, and I never should have let Christian come into my house this week. He wouldn't have been invited and we wouldn't be having this little problem here...

Why did I have to be such an open book? Why did my mom want any and every man to like me? If it's not Christian now, it would be some other guys, or some handsome man that sold her a few acres further in land. I love her to death, but I know late at night she wonders why I cant keep a guy, or want to be with one. Sometimes I like being by myself and loving the freedom it gives me, and not having to text someone every five minutes because of their neediness. But the second Christian entered into my home I was hooked. I wanted to text him every five minutes. I wanted to be with him, I wanted to keep him. But as if fate was cruel, he was held by another woman at night, some woman that was not me. 

___________________

My entire family left me thirty minutes ago to walk to Stacy's. And because I didn't want to walk a few blocks in heels, I called my trusty red head...

"I hate it." He said.

"You can't hate it. You were there when I bought it." I said, crossing my arms over my chest as I sat further back in the passenger seat. "You should have said something then."

"I would have, if I saw how short it was. The boys are going to be all over you tonight, and let's not forget Jake and his younger brothers. They'll practically be—"

"Okay stop." I said, raising  my hands in the air. "Luke, if I needed a protective older brother you'd be the first one I'd call. But right now I need a friend." I said, trying to keep my hair down as we pulled up to the Lockwood residence. 

"Fine, but don't come running to me when they won't leave you alone. You know they're a sucker for women who dress like that... Were you tryin to get their attention or somethin?" He asked, putting the car in park.

"Luke rephrase that sentence now, or I swear I will not talk to you for the rest of the night." I glared at him, as I stepped out of the car. Only to then turn and march towards the front door. 

He huffed out a long strangled breath as he started to follow me up their drive way. "Fine. Is there a reason you dressed up tonight?" He asked, in a soft tone. Walking past me to open their front door. 

"Im always dressed up when we come to these." I said, passing him.

"I mean... is there a reason you decided to look extra... nice tonight. You almost never wear bright colors." He said, looking down on me, as I looked inside the large home.

The house was full of people. Some were in their living room, others were talking in the kitchen. Some were in the side office, and plenty were outside. All chatting amongst themselves, as some ate. 

I stepped inside and waited for Luke to follow me into the large house before I spoke again. 

"The answer to your question Luke, is yes. I am dressed up nice tonight for someone." I said, looking into his eyes. Watching as his eyebrows rose in shock, when I then smiled. "I dressed up for me." I said, patting his chest, as I walked away.

The boys should be around here somewhere, so Luke would have someone soon. Me on the other hand... I was too busy looking for a gay man in a straight crowd...

I scanned all the men in each room, looking for Father Jepson. Subconsciously noticing that Christian isn't here yet. I wonder what he was wearing. Probably something that held his torso just right, while his pants cradled his thighs with care. It's not like him to show up places late, he's always extremely punctual. I mean...He said he was going to come, so he should be here soon. It's not like him to—

"Jepson!" I quickly said, interrupting my own thoughts, as I saw the homely man. 

He quickly turned around, and his entire body relaxed at the sight of me. He was huddled in a corner full of women. Each one looking at him as a fresh piece of meat. 

"Ladies, would you excuse us?" I asked, walking up to stand beside Father Jepson. "I promised my mother I would grab Father, and bring him to her before he starts the night." I smiled. Looking at all the house wives botoxed faces start to slightly pinch in discomfort, at the idea of me taking away a single man...

"Why, yes dear..." One of the ladies shot out, as I started to lightly pull Father Jepson away.

"Just tell Nikki we want him back once she's done." Another one shot out, making the rest of them giggle. I gave a polite smile, and internally grimaced at the sight of them trying to smile back.

I pulled Jepson by fabric of his collard shirt, towards a secluded corner of the living room. Trying to hide us from all the hungery cougars of our neighborhood.

"Jesus, father! The least you could do is tell them you're not interested." I said, finally turning to face him. 

"Well you'd think they'd get that idea after, I stayed quite for the past ten minutes." He said, looking down onto the part of the shirt I grabbed. Smoothing out the subtle wrinkles. 

"You know that's not how these women work. You have to be direct." I said, patting down the fabric on the side of his arm, that I wrinkled.

"Oh really? And what exactly would I tell them Alex?" He asked, still overly concerned with the wrinkled fabric.

"Hmmm. I don't know." I said, leaning into the side of his face. "Maybe something along the lines of you're into the same sex they are?" I whispered to him, as i stifled a laugh.

 When I then pulled away. Both of us looking at each other for a solid moment, only to then break into loud laughter. Barely containing our large noises, as we tried to settle ourselves...

___________________

Christian's POV:

"For the last time Dan. Just wear the light blue one." Emma groaned from the couch. 

"Easy for you to say 'Em." Dan said, rounding the corner as he buttoned up his light blue collared shirt. "You haven't seen this woman. She's something else, and incredibly smart. You two would probably—"

"Dan." I cut him off,  "You done yet?" I asked, grabbing a bottle of wine from my cupboard. "We're already late. The last thing we need is one of your monologues." I said.

"What's a monologue?" He asked, stepping further into the living room. 

"Of course you don't know what a monologue is." I heard Emma scoff, as she got up off the couch. 

I saw Dan, pinch his eyebrows and roll his eyes, when he started to argue. "Oh yeah? Well at least I—"

"Guys please." I said, raising my arms in defense. "Can everyone just stand on up, so we can walk to the house?" I asked. Looking at Emma and Dan with wide eyes and a tight smile. "We're late. And you have no idea how the women of this neighborhood are."

I quickly set the bottles of wine down and glanced at my hallway mirror and took in my appearance. I knew this outfit would go over well with a few of the housewives, since they couldn't get enough of me last time. I remember one of the ladies saying how she liked how my shirts and pants were tailored. Only to then grasp my bicep firmly...

I then turned back to face them, placing my hands on my hips. Dan and Emma both exchanged subtle glares, and walked out the front door. Leaving me with the two bottles of wine...

The entire time walking to Stacy Lockwood's house, all I could hear was Emma and Dan bickering. That when we finally made it to the barbecue, I forgot I was hungry, and more in pain from the headache that just presented itself.

When we walked through the door, we were surrounded by soft music and immediately greeted by a few new faces, especially one very familiar one...

 "Nikki!" Dan exclaimed from behind me. When he quickly pushed pass me and gave her a giant hug.

"Dan, it's always a pleasure." She said, lightly pulling herself out of his tight embrace. When she then turned to me. "Christian, may I help you with those?" She asked, looking at me when, her gaze fell slightly over my shoulder.

"Oh Nikki," I said, turning my body so Emma could be seen more. "This is my girlfriend Emma." I said, watching Nikki look at Emma up and down. Hoping that the most beloved housewife of this entire neighborhood would give her an approving nod.

"Hello there Emma." Nikki said smiling, as she reached out her hand. "I'm Nikki Abernathy, Christian's next door neighbor." 

Emma reached for her hand, and shook it. "Pleasure Mrs. Abernathy." Emma said, nervously.

"Oh please call me Nikki." She said, pulling her hand out of Emma's hold. "Now, about those bottles of wine..." 

I heard Nikki's voice slowly fade to the back of my mind, the second I heard an all too familiar laugh start to become present.

Alex.

She was near. Her melodious laugh was dancing around the room. Taunting me as if it was coming in from all around me. Waiting to engulf me in some trap she created for me to fall in. 

Survival. This is about survival Christian. Surviving Alex... and somehow she was winning already. Just by laughing...

She was close. I could feel it. I could feel the electricity bubbling in my nerves as I looked around the room. Waiting for her tan body and charming smirk to fade into view. Just the way I imagined her to be in my mind. She was—

"Christian?" I heard Nikki say. Pulling me immediately out of my search.

"Yes?" I asked, looking back at her. Noticing a side smirk pulling upwards on the side of her mouth, when she looked over to a secluded corner of the living room. Only to then flash her gaze back towards me. 

"May I take those bottles from you?" She asked. Reaching for the bottles, when I equally gave them to her. "Actually Dan and Emma, I would like to quickly introduce you to a few people." She said, holding the bottles tightly in her hands. "Would that be alright if I stole them from you real fast, Christian?" She asked, looking back onto me. 

I looked at Emma to see if she was uneasy, when she smiled at me. "It's alright, I won't be gone long." She said, leaning in to give me a kiss on the cheek.

Once she pulled away, I saw Nikki's smile widen, as she looked at me. "Oh it's just so good to see you Christian!" She said, leaning in for a hug. While I embraced her in a side hug as she whispered something to me. "Pink is what you are looking for." She said, only to then pull away quickly.

When she then started guiding Emma and Dan into the kitchen. Turning around to look at me once more, and then to the same corner of the living room. 

I felt my eyebrows furrow as I took in her actions. Making me feel on edge, since it seemed like she knew I wanted to see Alex as soon as possible. Did she see me scanning the room for hear, when I came in? Did she expect me to decrease the distance between me and her daughter? Was I that transparent?

I shut my eyes tight and pushed out the intrusive thoughts as I then carried my gaze over to the living room. Looking for any sign of pink...  When my eyes landed on a sliver of light pink, hidden by some man in a black collared shirt. It wasn't until I heard the laugh coming from that direction, when I knew it was Alex. In pink...

I rolled my shoulders back, and slowly walked in her direction. Steadying my breathing and thoughts as I felt my nerves tingle. Watching her beautiful face start to fade into view, as she continued to speak. Laughing and smiling at the man in front of her. Only to then widen her big brown eyes when she then caught sight of me. 

She quickly placed her hands on top of the mans shoulders in front of her and looked at him seriously, saying something to him as I approached more. 

It was Father. The other person besides Alex I was excited to see tonight...

"Excuse me." I said, watching Alex close her eyes as she winced. Tightening her hold on the man's shoulders. 

He tried to turn around, when she grasped him tighter. Opening her eyes abruptly. "Father, this is... my neighbor..." she said, through gritted teeth. As she tried to force a smile onto her face, giving me a panicked glance. Presenting a new side to the complexity of who she was.

"Oh well alright." He said, to her, as she removed her hands. Slowly turning to face me. "I've been wondering who the new..." 

The second Father Jepson turned fully around, I saw all the color in his skin fade to a pale white. His mouth starting to lightly fall open as he looked at me up and down. In utter disbelief.

"Hello." I stated, with a broad smile. Trying to contain my laugher and excitement, as I watched Alex behind him, pinch the bridge of her nose with her delicate fingers. 

"You're... You are... the..." I heard him start to say, as he continued to look up at me. Furrowing his eyebrows as he took in my appearance.

"I'm the Abernathy's new neighbor." I said, sticking out my hand to shake with his. "I also teach at the school with you. You're the priest right?" I asked, innocently.  "I can never tell because of the dark lighting." I chuckled. 

Watching Father Jepson try to swallow, and breath steady breaths of air as he looked onto me. Speechless.

"I don't believe we've met officially yet." I said, motioning my hand closer to him. As I waited for him to shake it.

He finally out reached his hand, and grasped mine softly. "Officially?... no." He said, nervously. 

"Well nice to meet you Father. I've heard such great things about you. " I said, shaking his hand. Watching his confidence start to crumble in front of me. As Alex's face was now buried in her hands.

"Nice to meet you Christian. I've heard... great things as well." He coughed out. Only to then get hit on the back by a flustered Alex. "Fr- From Nikki. We— me and Nikki... well Nikki and I are friends and she... she speaks so highly of you." He rushed, pulling his hand away from mine, as he rolled his shoulders back. Trying to stand taller in my presence.

"Is that so?" I asked, looking over his shoulder to see Alex. 

Who is now covering her mouth with her hand as she looked at me. Uncertainty in her wide eyes. When she then let them travel down my form and back up. The rosiness in her cheeks increasing in redness. Nikki wasn't wrong about the color pink...

She then removed her hand, and ran it through her lightly blown out hair. Placing her free hand on the Father's shoulder, slightly turning him towards her.

"I need some air." She said, almost breathlessly. Looking solely into my eyes, as she spoke. 

When she then rolled her shoulders back, building up her so familiar confidence right in front of me. As she walked passed Father Jepson, and I. Lightly brushing her shoulder against the fabric of my shirt.

Oh Alex Abernathy, our night has just begun...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.6M 58.8K 46
"Come," the dominance in his voice was prominent as only the office desk separates them. The fear in her eyes glistened as a smirk fell upon his lips...
384K 5.8K 27
❝I want you so bad.❞ I tease him while trailing my hand up his white buttoned shirt feeling his abs. "Ms. Rose.." His voice was soft and sweet when I...
85.7K 3K 55
She thought he was her college professor. Reality check: he was anything but. ~~~ 🖤 ~~~ Ellora Davis is an average college student, naive of the dan...
3.3K 72 25
His soft hum, and chuckle he lets out against my ear lobe has me shivering. "You can keep telling yourself that once we leave this school, graduate...