FUMES [2], jj maybank

By jir0u_

seasons 1-2 ALL THE WAY DOWN SCREAMIN' jj maybank x sam vernon kiara carrera x bailey perez book two to NICK... More

0. characters n info
1. MORNING LIGHT
2. THIS IS BEYOND BELIEF
3. IT'S A RACE AGAINST THE CLOCK
4. OH, IM ON FIRE
5. WISH YOU COULD HAVE WANTED IT A LITTLE BIT
6. THESE DREAMS, THEY'RE TAKING HOLD
7. IF ALL WE HAVE IS TIME
8. THEN WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
9. YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
10. HOPE YOU DON'T REGRET IT
11. I'M USING WHITE LIGHTERS TO SEE
12. DYING JUST TO FEEL ALIVE
13. IF I LEFT RIGHT NOW
14. ESCAPE IS WHAT I NEED
15. WATCHING MY YOUTH SLIP AWAY
16. WE'LL MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT
17. AND NOW I'M PARANOID
18. MY HEAD IS FILLED WITH PARASITES
19. WE'RE RUNNING ON FUMES
ACT II
20. LATELY I CAN'T FIND THE BEAT
21. THE DOG DAYS ARE OVER
22. HERE IN THE LAND OF REBEL POWERS
23. FEEL ALRIGHT
24. MISS ME WITH THAT BULLSHIT
25. I'M OFF ON THE ADVENTURE
26. WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENIN' IN YOUR WORLD?
28. ENJOY YOUR YOUTH
29. DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
30. THERE'S A BURNING IN MY BONES
31. 'CAUSE SOCIALLY SPEAKING, WE WERE THE SAME
32. GIVE THE BRUISES OUT LIKE GIFTS
33. YOU LEFT SOME HOLES IN THE PLOTLINE
34. HIT THE TONE, COCK IT BACK
35. SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
36. AS IT WAS
37. THE FEELINGS START TO ROT
38. ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET?
39. AND WHEN YOU GO AWAY
40. PRONE TO BEING BLINDED
41. NO ONE'S GONNA CATCH US NOW
42. I'VE BEEN MOVING IN BACKWARDS DIRECTIONS
BOOK 3 IS OUT

27. 'CAUSE IT FEELS LIKE MURDER

392 9 13
By jir0u_

    "Babe, wake up. We're home," JJ rattled me.

   The feeling of JJ shaking me awake makes me groan. His big blue eyes shining brighter because of the sun. "I fell asleep?" I push myself up. "Knocked the fuck out, actually," Bailey laughs. "There she is," John B smiles at his home. "Bet it is good to see her old bones. Welcome home, guys," JJ says. A hand is in front of my face and I smile when I see the blonde girl I missed. I grab her hand and she roughly pulls me up. "Jesus, Sarah."

  "I've gained some strength in my time away," Sarah says.

    We all get off the boat and that nostalgic feeling comes back but this time, I'm happy. I'm so fucking happy.

   "I'm gonna be honest. Not exactly looking forward to a check in at home. My parents already probably arranged my funeral," Kie says. "I predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after I left the truck in Charleston," Pope says. "I should probably tell someone at my house I'm alive," I lean against the railing of the dock. "Wait, no one knows we're here, right?" JJ looks around at us, "And you two aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later. Am I right or am I right?"

    A party? I know this is where JJ is going. "You're not wrong," Pope somewhat agrees. "So that means we have 12 hours to do whatever we want. Babe, invite Vanessa and Blake. They already know everything. Let 'em party like a Pogue. How does that sound?" I raise my eyebrow towards the others, "Y'all sure?"

   "Yeah, of course. And Piper. Don't forget Piper," Kie laughs but I look at JJ who is just shaking his head no but keeping his mouth shut. Sarah pouts and shakes her head no at JJ's plan. "Shit hit the fan tomorrow. Come on!" John B smiles. "I for one, love this idea," Bailey claps. "The cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid..." I nudge Sarah who looks down at me and rolls her eyes. "Sarah Cameron," I look towards JJ who starts walking towards us,"You've heard of my philosophy, right?" Here we go. "No," Sarah answers flatly.

   Before JJ even starts, I mouth the words and then JJ starts, "Stupid things have good outcomes all the time," He claps and grabs my hand and tugs me with him. "Babe, babe—"

   "Come on. Get the party started! Get some beers!"

John B settled into the H.M.S Pogue just as he would've a month ago and drove us to get beers.

  "The usual or fancier beers, guys?" I turn to Kie and JJ. They share a look. "The usual. For old times sake," Kie smiles. I grab the usual brand and we pay. "We got it. Let's go!"

"Whoo!" I celebrate as we leave the place. JJ whistles showing we got the beers. Big smiles spread across Kie and I's faces as we both held up our beers. I had John B the beers, "Looky here, folks!"

  "Sam the Beer Lady, to the rescue," John B says but I cringe at him. We get back to The Chateau and start decorating around The Cats Ass. Fairy lights line the trees. "The best twins are here!" Blake shouts as he walks into the half done backyard. "Where is Sarah? And John B?" Vanessa immediately runs past me and to Sarah. She practically knocked the younger girl over when she engulfed her in a hug. I turn back toward Blake, "Where's Zander?"

  His face drops. Oh, God. Don't tell me it's over. "We got into a—fight. I don't know where it leaves us," He awkwardly scratched at his neck. I regret asking. His blue eyes shift to someone behind me and they light up. "Huh?" I turn and follow his eyes towards....Pope?

  No, please. I don't need another failed love triangle. "Blake...."

  "Fully aware. Don't start. Let's party, hm?" He walks passed me. Fuck. I don't need Blake being heart broken over Pope and Bailey heart broken over Kie. I'm gonna lose my mind. I just need weed. Weed settles the brain. "Babe!" I call out and he quickly runs over to me. "What's up, sunshine?"

  "You love me?" I ask and pretend to be all innocent by batting my lashes. "Well, of course but I know when you want something," He leans down and smirks. "And you'll give it to me because I'm so pretty, and amazing and funny and so good at giving he—"

"There's weed on the table over there, sunshine," He slowly leans in to kiss me and I smile into it. We stand there kissing for a minute when I hear a bike pull up. I pull away and JJ groans, "It's just Piper."

  "Piper who tried to help you save yourself from getting fired—"

  "Piper the bitch—"

  "I'll slap you. Straight up. Stop," I boop his nose and walk away.

    Now, it's dark. The fairy lights on the trees giving me comfort as I sit in the hot tub next to JJ and Piper.

   "Shotgun!" John B throws JJ and I a beer. I cut open the side of the beer and shotgun the beer as Kie cheers us on. "Yeah! Whoo!" John B yells when he's done. I wipe away the excess beer and laugh at him. Vanessa puts her wine glass up as a cheers to us. She hates beer. Hates the smell, taste. Everything. The alcohol and weed coursing through my body makes me smile stupidly at everything. "Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah," Pope starts.

  "You gonna bust into a rap?" I groan. JJ comes back over with sun glasses and finger guns. He puts the empty beer box on his head as Pope gets a beat going. I'm gonna need more beers if we're turning this into a drunk musical.

  "I never made good grades in school. When I get out, I act like a fool. They say I come in the party and cause a commotion. I'm smooth, yeah, call, me lotion!"

   Everyone laughs at him but I just chug the beer and give him a thumbs up. Bailey, who is blasted next to me starts scrolling through her phone. "Everyone! Everyone! Look, it's a picture of my sister, Gia!" She stands up and nearly falls out of the hot tub but Kie and I catch her, giggling. "That's your sister?" Piper slurs.

  "Yeah!"

  "She's hot!" Piper slurs again. I can't help but laugh. Poor Piper doesn't know.

   "She's dead but I'm sure she'd appreciate the compliment, Piper," Bailey laughs and sits down. I look over at Piper whose face had dropped and we all busted out laughing. At least the ones who knew. "I'm so sorry, Bailey." There's a pause but then Piper starts slowly laughing.

   "This is just like the good Lord intended," JJ says. He wraps his arm around me and I smile at him. I look around at everyone.

These people are my home. As cheesy as that is. I love it. They are my family. My people. I'll never find people like them again. Everyone says you stop being friends with the people from school but that's impossible with us. We're a unit at this point.

Pope drunkenly swims over to us after something JJ said. I zoned out when I took everything in. My jaw drops when Pope kisses JJ on the neck but I'm not mad in the slightest. If JJ cheats on me, let it be Pope.

A few minutes later we're all mostly out of the hot tub. "Y'all have fun. I'll sip my wine and chill," Vanessa shouts from the tub. "You don't wanna tussle, Vanessa?" Sarah jokingly punches her. "No, no. Have fun," She shoos her away like a mom. I take a seat as Pope and JJ try to push each other over. My money is on Pope winning.

  JJ pushes him and almost gets him. "Oh shit!" Blake claps. All the sudden the two start wrestling and I roll my eyes. I'm happy to see them both acting like normal teens again. As normal as we can get.

  Pope sweeps over JJ's leg. "The single leg sweep!" John B cheers him on. "Beat his ass, Pope!" I yell. Pope gets him on the ground and walks away tired. I lean over towards John B, "He knows we kissed, by the way," I smile and sip my beer. He does a double take, "He knows and I'm not dead?"

  "We were 12. Plus, I didn't give him enough time to let me explain. It was a whole thing," I shrug it off. JB scoffs, "I'd rather eat a dirty sponge than kiss you again."

  "I'd rather eat shit than kiss you, so," He gasps and puts a hand over his chest. "That's rude, Samantha. Real rude." I slap him lightly at the use of my legal name.

   "Really?" I hear Sarah yell out. I look over where she is looking and see Kie taking Pope over somewhere. As per usual, I look at Bailey who is just downing her beer. She looks away and joins Vanessa in the hot tub. "Way to be discreet!" JJ yells. "I leave, and this is what happens. At least tell me you and JJ stayed away from my bed," John B looks at the both of us.

   JJ and I catch eye contact and I simply sip my beer and mind my business. "Oh! Oh! You owe me new sheets!" John B shoves me but I let out a laugh. "I don't need to hear about my sisters sexual endeavors!" Blake fake gags and John B apologizes to him.

  "Are you blaming me and Sam?"

  "Just a little bit. Uh-oh. Your boys out. Beer time!" John B gets up. JJ walks over and steals his seat. "Wanted to be next to my favorite girl," He wraps an arm around me and brings me closer. "Wait, do you guys remember when Sam came out as bi initially and the everytime someone said bye near JJ he'd start giggling?" John B laughs near the cooler. I roll my eyes at the 3 months of torture of JJ laughing at the word bye. "I still do, actually, just lowkey," JJ says and makes a hand motion like he's going low.

"You're ridiculous," I playfully smack his chest.

"Listen, all I'm saying is you guys had one job, Bailey included!" Sarah refers to Kie and Pope. "Okay!" JJ claps. "You think I wanted this?" Bailey yells from the hot tub. "Shush, Bailey!" Vanessa quiets her down. "I called it from the start," Blake throws his hands in the air. I don't even recall him ever saying that. "I would say no Pogue on Pogue but you two broke that rule!" She points to us. "One job?" I yell. "One job."

  "Sarah, one job. Okay—Who got you The Phantom?"

  "Vanessa and I both suffered for that one! One more head injury for me and I might as die!" I hold my head where it was bleeding a month ago. One more good head hit and I'm scared I'll turn into a serial killer or something.

   The two start bickering and it oddly warms my heart to see them like this. Two of the most important people in my life, finally, shamelessly, getting along. I hear quiet footsteps behind me and turn to see Piper. "You okay?" JJ leaves my side and she takes his seat. "Yeah, just a bit intoxicated," I reply.

  Whether it be the weed, or alcohol or just hours of being up, I lean onto Piper.

  "Alright, I say us older kids get a move on before I'm tempted to get drunk. Let's go Ness!" Blake stands up and calls for our sister. "You're leavin' me?" I pout. "Yeah, some of us have jobs we didn't get fired from!" Vanessa teases as she dries herself off. "Fired?" Sarah yells. "It's, uh, definitely a story!" Piper awkwardly laughs.

  "Alright. Bye, kiddos. Good to know you both are alive and well. I love you both. I will see you later!" Blake grabs Vanessa and they both wave bye and we let out strings of goodbyes. I watch JJ and John B hug by the memorial tree. My heart sinks for a moment.

   "Sam," I feel better when I hear Sarah call my name, "I missed you." I lift my head off of Piper and smile, "I missed you so much, Sarah Cameron." She gets up as the boys walk back over and literally tackles me off my chair. "Sarah!" I giggle. I hear Piper giggle as well as we land on the grass. "God, I missed you!" Sarah laughs. "Jesus, get off!" I laugh and push her off.

   "You two are gayer than me!" Bailey laughs and stumbles over to us. "Crazy!" I push her and she laughs. I push myself onto my elbows and see the boat driving away. "Oh, gross," Bailey plops onto the ground next to me. "Woah!" JJ yells.

  "Have a good time!" Sarah yells towards them. "There he goes. He jacked your boat, dude," JJ pats John B. "Pope's poking on the Pogue," John B looks stunned. Sarah howls towards them but I roll my eyes. "Weird place to have sex," I get up off the grass. "You wouldn't have sex on the boat, babe?" JJ asks. "Hell. No. All it takes is one thrust and I'm head first in the water!"

  "How hard are your thrusts? Is that even enjoyable?" John B asks. Great, we're talking about my sex life again. "My thrusts are great—"

  "Please don't describe how you thrust into me, babe," I stop him. They don't need the details. Even if Sarah and Bailey know what I'm into. "Yeah, please—" I hear a car door close and whip around to where it came from.

  "Wait, wait, wait, wait—" John B cuts off Bailey. "What?" JJ asks. "What was that?" John B panics. "You heard it too?" I ask quietly. "It was your chicken?" JJ says.

  "Nah, JJ, I heard a car door," I walk over to him and grab his bicep. I try to get so quiet, I stop my breathing but then JJ starts clucking like a damn chicken. I side eye him and John B puts a hand over his mouth. "We need to hide," Sarah whispers.

  Fuck, where? The house is too obvious. "Tree?" JJ points at the tall tree. I sigh. We have no choice really. The five of us climb into the tree. I sit next to JJ and grip his hand. My heart is beating so loud that I'm scared whoever is here will hear it. Being high, in a tree, while panicked? On the list of things I regret doing.

My free hand reaches for my J pendant on my necklace and I rub at it. I hear footsteps and JJ and I look at each and back at the people. I squint as they get closer but it didn't take much to realize it's the fucking dynamic duo, Rafe and Barry.

   I watch as Rafe looks around the backyard. It's very obvious there are people here. The smoke in the fire and the lights are still on. Rafe walks right under us and I feel a tug at my shirt. Bailey grips my shirt and quietly moves closer to me but not close enough that she's on top of me. Just enough to let me know she's here. We all glance at each other as Rafe wanders the backyard.

   I feel bad for Piper. She has no idea what's happening. Only what I let her know. I look at her and expect her to look terrified but she's not. She doesn't look the slightest bit scared.

   The sound of glass breaking makes me flinch and look away from Piper. JJ squeezes my hand and I squeeze back trying to tell him I'm okay. "Yo! Anything?" Rafe yells at Barry who just came out of the house. "No, ain't shit in there, bro."

   "No? Nothing?" Rafe paces again. "No, nothing, Rafe—"

  "They were obviously just here based off the smoke!" Told you he'd fucking know. "Yeah, yeah. Great observation, Boy Scout!" Barry says to the blonde. "They're not far!" Rafe keeps going. "Smokey the Bear! Look at you, bro!" Barry is tired of Rafe's shit. He obviously dragged him out here on a hunch we were here. My jaw is clenched so hard my head is starting to hurt so I stop. Scared any harm to the head will cause damage. It's quiet for a second but I peer over slightly and see Rafe looking at the tree carving.

  "P-4-L!" Barry laughs. "Well, shit," Rafe laughs with him. I hear Sarah and Piper gasp so I peer over again and see Rafe holding a gun. My mouth runs dry, panic fully overcoming me.

  "So your sister's a Pogue for life, huh, Rafe? Now who would've thought?" Barry chuckles. My eyes stay on Rafe. I can see his emotions drastically change. His jaw clenches. The way he used to get when we were younger but at that point, Sarah and I could calm him down. There's no calming down Rafe Cameron anymore. He's the case of someone I used to know.

  "Shit!" Rafe screams and I see Sarah flinch. I scoot closer to JJ and he squeezes my hand again. "All right, chill!" Barry tries to calm him down but the sound of a gun cocking nearly makes me fall off the tree. A gun shot goes off and I close my eyes. Multiple shots go off and I duck at each one.

OW. FUCK.

I yelp when a burning sensation hits me in the arm but JJ puts a hand over my mouth. Fuck, my arm hurts. Am I shot? Don't tell me I'm shot.

   My body is shaking uncontrollably. I can't even take a deep breath without a fear of being heard. The two are fighting below us but my head has gone cloudy at the pain. All I hear is Barry telling them to bounce and the car door closing. I wait for them to drive away before I move JJ's hand from my face.

  "Babe, are you shot?" Is his first question. I slowly turn to look at the top of my left arm. "No, no. I was grazed but holy fuck—"

  "Okay, John B, help me get her down!" JJ slowly moves away from me and hops off the tree. "She's bleeding a lot!" Bailey hits the ground next. I look back at the wound and see blood pouring down my arm. That's gross. My skin is ripped up. "Shit, Sam!" Piper climbs over to me, "Let me help you down!"

  "I can get down! I was shot in the arm, not the leg!" I yell. I'm not even mad at any of them. This fucking pain is just making me mad.

   "Sam, you can jump down?" John B asks. I can do this. I'm fine. I push myself off the tree and into the ground. "Ow! Fuck!" I curse and grab at my arm.

   "Don't—don't touch it. It might cause an infection!" Piper says. "Someone stop the bleeding! Please!" I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world. At least you would fucking think. John B runs into the house and I sit on one of the lawn chairs. "Let me see, princess. Can I look at it?" JJ approaches me so gently that it gets me more frustrated. "Yeah, yes! Look at it!"

  "I'm trying to help!" He shouts as he puts his flashlight on it. "Peroxide. She needs peroxide!" Piper runs into the house. "She needs stitches!" Sarah says as she crouches down next to me. "If only Pope and his knowledge was here," Bailey says as she paces the lawn. The pain is going away but so is my vision. I'm losing so much blood.

   "John B! The towel! Sam, I need you to stay awake. I know it hurts, okay?" JJ holds my face and that's when I realize I'm sweating. His hand is so cold. "I'm here! Peroxide and towel!" John B and Piper run over. I feel her hand go on my shoulder and she leans down to look at me, "This is gonna hurt and I'm sorry in advance."

  "Wait, Piper—Ah! Fuck!" Another wave of pain, less severe, rushes through me as I curse. "Give me the towel!" JJ rips it from John B's hands and wraps it around the wound. I hiss at every movement. My head is less clouded but I think it's because the peroxide woke me up. The pain is coming back as I try to move my body.

   "Does anyone know how to stitch?" Sarah asks and we catch eye contact but I start shaking my head no. "Absolutely," I take a deep breath, "Not. I am not trusting any of you drunk or high fucks with a needle in my skin!"

  "Sam, you need stitches—"

  "I can do it," Piper says, "My parents are nurses. Did you forget? And I think the shots made my high wear off. I can do it!" JJ puts more pressure on it, "I'll hold your hand the whole time. This is the only choice," He looks at Piper and back at me, "As much as I hate it. She can do it."

  "Are there no band aids for this?" I groan. "No, I wish my bullet could've been fixed with a bandaid but you need stitches," Sarah tries to joke but I don't have the energy to chuckle at her expense. "I have some sewing stitches. It'll have to do," John B runs into the house. I'm too scared to move my body in fear of feeling pain. "This fucking hurts!" I yell out. "I know. I know. I'm so sorry, baby," JJ rubs my back.

   "Stitches. Got 'em! Here, Piper!" John B hands Piper the kit and JJ moves the towel away. "Wait! I need a blunt!" I yell. Everyone chuckles but Bailey gives me a blunt and lights it in my mouth for me. I inhale and let it flood my body and then she pulls it away. "Fuck, just do it, Piper!" I clench my fists and prepare for the worst. "Don't hate me after this. Please," Piper pleads. "Just put the needle in!" JJ yells at her which earns a glare from me and the others telling him to shut up.

    I close my eyes when the needle gets closer and then I feel it. The needle going through my skin. This is why arm piercings aren't popular. Holy shit. She threads it through my skin. My hand grips JJ's so hard, I'm scared I'll break it. "Ah! Fuck me!"

  "Sorry, sorry!" She goes slower with the next one but it doesn't hurt any less. "You're okay, babe. All good. We need to leave as soon as this is done," JJ says. "We can't. Kie and Pope have the boat and if Rafe and Barry are scouting the island, Sarah and I can't be in a car," John B says.

  I groan because I know John B is right. "Okay, well, Sam is shot—"

   "Grazed, JJ," I correct him. "She's hurt because of that fucking Kook. He's lucky I haven't gone after his ass!" He yells.

   I groan at the yelling. My eyes are still closed for my own sake. The needle goes through again and I yelp. "Almost done. Doin' great!" Piper sounds like an actual doctor at this point. "Sarah was shot and died for a quick second because of him. You don't see me going after Rafe Cameron, okay? I'm pissed too. He's hurt Sarah and now Sam but we need to stay level headed right now!" John B yells back at JJ.

   "My girlfriend is shot—"

    "Grazed—"

  "How level headed do you want me to be?" JJ adds. All this yelling and JJ is still gripping my hand. "Last one!" Thank, God.

  The needle goes through my skin for the last time and I bite my lip so hard I'm sure it'll bleed. "We need to go," JJ says. I open my eyes and blink away the black spots to see John B in front of me. JJ lets go of my hand and I felt the blood rush back to it. I can see it in JJ's mannerisms that he's about to go off. I'm not dealing with this right now.

  "John B—"

  "Shut up. Shut the fuck up," I get up from my seat even with Piper telling me not to, "Both of you. There's no way they're coming back when they just shot up the place. We can stay inside for the night." I look at my arm and how gross it looks with all the stitches. That's gonna be a bad scar. "Babe...." JJ trails.

  "According to you, I was just shot. I'mma use my sympathy points to get you to listen," I point at him and he sighs in defeat. "So, you think we'll be able to sleep?" Sarah quietly asks. "I'm going home. I did my nurse duties. My mom will want me home in the morning," Piper gathers her stuff. "T-thanks, Piper. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that," I apologize.

   She sends me a sympathetic look and nods, "Goodnight everyone." I watch as she walks away and then I hear her bike start and drive off. "House. Now," I yell at John B and JJ like children.

"That's gonna be a bad scar," Bailey points at it. "Thanks, asshole," I chuckle and walk into The Chateau.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 764 31
π“π‘πŽπ”ππ‹π„πŒπ€πŠπ„π‘ ( outer banks ) ( jj x...
2.5K 63 12
ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš ❝ i like that about us. nothing is ever complicated. ❞ &&. in which it's dangerous to fall in love with your best friend. JJ MAYBANK | OUTER B...
318K 5.4K 17
β–Œ π˜–π˜œπ˜›π˜Œπ˜™π˜‰π˜ˆπ˜•π˜’π˜š ❝ π‰πŽπ‡π 𝐁 ! 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπ€π 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 π‹πŽπŽπŠπˆππ† π…πŽπ‘ ! ❞ β€· 𝘫𝘢𝘭𝘺 𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘺 𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘺 β€· 𝘴𝘦�...
9.3K 241 8
LOVE | OUTERBANKS " you can hear it in the silence, you can feel it on the way home, you can see it with the lights out, you are in love, true love...