Innocence of the Shadow(A D-G...

By AlwaysAnonymousSoul

Mimiteh has been trying to survive when the Akuma and the Exorcists were after her. As a child she was very c... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Authors note

Chapter 6

1.5K 51 19
By AlwaysAnonymousSoul

I took this chance to take my first look at the akuma. It had the body of a spider, a black widow to be precise, and the face of a woman. Her eyes were the same as a spider's, she had pincers on her mouth, and the chest of a woman was sticking out of the front of the spider body. I found my way over to Ko'lae and cut her free. I looked at the akuma and studied it for a second.

"Ko'lae, it's an arachnid. Any poisonous snake will take care of it." I told her. Ko'lae nodded and I watched as she took the form of a black mamba. She slizzered over to the akuma and quickly wound her way up the spider's leg. The akuma looked at it's leg and flipped out. It started yelling and stomping around like crazy, within minutes Ko'lae was on the monster's back and Kanda was on the ground waking up.

"You! You stupid human!" The akuma yelled at me, I smiled at it innocently. It spit something at me and I dodged it. The skull that the thing hit evaporated, it was spitting acidic weds at me. I stopped beside Kanda and looked at Ko'lae.

"Distract it. If I can bite it's neck in just the right place it should be over." Ko'lae said.

"You said should." I replied with a smile.

"You know what I mean" She snapped. I laughed and looked at the akuma.

"Hey insect! I dare you to try and step on me." I said to the akuma.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Kanda yelled at me. Naturally, I ignored him. The akuma spat more acid web at me and I jumped. I smiled at the monster and ran in its direction. The akuma spat more webs at me and I dodged everyone of them. Of course one of the spitball webs almost hit Kanda. I laughed at him and ran around the akuma, keeping it busy.

I retreated closer to Kanda and found a broken spear and a bow close to me. I grabbed the bow and examined the string, it hadn't been used in a few weeks but it was still good. The spear was only the top half and the tip was rusted, but it was all I had to work with at the moment. I broke the spear to the length of an arrow and notched it in the string. I was standing in front of Kanda and readied myself to shoot the makeshift arrow.

I gripped the bow grip with my left hand and rested the spear tip on my pointer finger as I aimed the weapon. I pulled my right hand back until the broken end of the spear was against my cheek. I released the spear and froze in the position I was standing in. I grinned with satisfaction as the monster screamed in pain. The thing picked me up and threw me against the wall. I gasped but did nothing more.

Ko'ae bit the monster and I heard the explosion. I walked back to Ko'lae and waited for her to take the form of a cat again. My chest and back hurt but that was of little concern to me at the moment. A green glow caught my attention and Ko'lae meowed. I nodded and waited for Ko'lae to get the object and return to me.

I looked at the object and was astounded. It looked like two gears were placed together in an X shape around a marble. It was glowing green and I placed the small object in my vest pocket. I leaned against the wall and folded my arms. Kanda was still trying to untie his bindings. I would never understand why he said I was useless, I was able to wake up before him, untie myself with no problem, and kill an akuma with nothing but Ko'lae as a small black mamba, a retired bow, and a broken spear. As I sat and watched Kanda struggle I couldn't help but chuckle.

After what felt like hours Kanda finally gave on his binds. He looked at me for a moment then looked away with a hmph. I walked over with a slight chuckle and pulled my knife out of my boot. Kanda tensed a little bit and I cut the rope around his hands, put my knife back in my boot, and walked back to the wall. I looked around and noticed that there was four walls, but no door. A monster as big as the one I just fought needed some way to get its prey in this room.

I looked for anything that would suggest a door was there and wasn't surprised to find a small fracture line along the wall. I dragged my hand along the crack and felt a small bump. It felt like it was a button or a lock. After dusting it off I found that it was a lock and the keyhole was quite large, must be because the akuma was so big and couldn't handle a small key. I looked around the room and found the broken spear I shot the akuma with. I picked it up and grabbed my knife, the two blades were perfect for picking a lock of his size.

Of course my pins and berets would have been easier to use but right now I only had one in my hair the others had fallen out or broken on the trip here. I listened to the lock and gave a satisfied grin when a heard a soft click. I pushed on the door and it creaked open. I carefully walked through the door and looked at the surroundings. We were standing outside of a barn just outside of Verona.

"How did you do that?" Kanda asked me.

"Do what?" I asked irritated.

"Kill that akuma without a scratch and find the way out of there?" He asked me.

"I will tell you how if I can't do it myself next time." I said flatly as I walked away. I picked up Ko'lae and kept a three foot distance between me and Kanda. It didn't take me long to get back to the train station and buy a ticket for the train back to paris. I found a seat and sat down, making sure that there was still a distance between me and Kanda. Toma, the finder that accompanied us, sat next to me and leaned against the window with a sigh.

"Do you not like master Kanda?" Toma asked me. I didn't answer for a moment. When I turned my head to answer I stared directly at Kanda and locked eyes with him.

"If it was my choice I would have left him there for the spiders to eat." I said calmly.

"May I ask why?" Toma asked me. I looked back at the window and watched the scenery pass by. For the rest of the train ride, no questions were asked and not one word was spoken. Finally the train stopped in Paris and I was relieved to be back. I wouldn't have to deal with Kanda for very much longer.

"Master Mimiteh." Toma began, walking beside me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I was informed on the train that the Generals want to meet you when you return to the order." He said. I nodded and walked back to the order, keeping a distance between me and Kanda the entire time. The walk was silent and I enjoyed the quiet. I walked into the order and saw people staring at me. I ignored them like I always do when stared at and continued to Hevlaska's chamber. As I walked I noticed a few people wearing black and yellow coats.

I entered Hevlaska's room and pulled the innocence out of my pocket.

"It was hard to get, but well worth it." I sighed watching it rise from my hands and into Hevlaska's being. She nodded and I sighed, I guess I did get hurt, my chest, torso, and back were starting to ach. I brushed the pain away and picked Ko'lae up again.

"You have gotten stronger." Hevlaska said. It caught me off guard when she said it and I looked back at her.

"Thank you for informing me." I replied politely. She didn't say anything else and I walked out of her room only to find myself staring straight at five people dressed in yellow and black and two exorcists; Kanda and Allen.

"Do you think they are the generals we were told about?" Ko'lae asked me.

"They might be." I replied.

A man with curly brown hair pulled into a ponytail cleared his throat. His coat was torn along the bottom, he had a pack of art supplies on his back, and he had wire frame glasses. I heard a quiet growl come from Ko'lae and I looked at her.

"Ko'lae." I cautioned. She looked up at me and meowed.

"You know I don't like Cross." She said. I smiled at her and let her jump out of my arms."Hello." I greeted them. The man with the curled held his hand out to me and smiled.

"I am General Froi Tiedoll." He said. I took his hand and dug my thumb nail into his hand carefully. He was the only one to notice, and I gave him a slight smile. I let go of his hand he rubbed his hand where I dug my nail into his skin.

"This is General Klaud Nine, General Winters Socalo, General Kevin Yeegar, and I believe you already know General Cross Marian." General Tiedoll said as he motioned to each of the people beside him. The only woman, General Klaud Nine, smiled at me.

"I do know General Cross." I sighed. I pulled my hair over my shoulder out of habit and noticed the small bits of blood and wood in my hair and noticed the smell of acid.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, but now I must depart. Good day." I said as I stepped past them and followed Ko'lae to our room. I heard the flapping of wings and looked behind me to see a little golden golem flying behind me. I shook my head and walked into my room, keeping the door open just long enough for the golem to enter my room. I wasted no time in putting my coat and hat on my desk and cleaning up. When I finished cleaning the blood and dirt off of myself I dressed and started brushing my hair out.

After I brushed my hair out, I pulled into the normal braid and pulled my boots back on.

"You're humming it again." Ko'lae told me. I looked at her and sighed.

"I didn't realize." I said. I had given up on talking to her mentally, like we normally do, and spoke out loud.

"You normally do." She said.

"I know, but ever since we got back, i've felt like a prisoner and have let my mind dwell on other facts." I explained sitting in the window. Ko'lae jumped into the window and purred. I pressed my hand on the window and took a deep breath.

"Why are we here in the first place?" Ko'lae asked.

"How could I know, we were dragged here against our will." I said. She meowed in agreement and looked out the window.

"Two years ago today." I sighed.

"Has it really been two years?" Ko'lae asked me.

"Yeah, we should be at least eighteen this year." I sighed.

"It was my fault that we walked into the trap." Ko'lae sighed.

"It was not your fault. You were following that monster." I reassured.

"We both know it was my fault." She said again.

"Ko'lae! It was not your fault! If anything it was mine! I was young and stupid." I said, I wasn't mad, it just took me yelling to get her to drop it. Ko'lae flinched but sighed in the end, giving in to reason. I stroked her fur and hummed the lullaby we had both heard for five years of our lives. Someone knocked on the door and I stopped humming.

"Come in." I said flatly. Lenalee opened the door and walked in.

"Hi Mimiteh." She said with a smile.

"Hi Lenalee." I replied.

"I was told to come find you." Lenalee said.

"For?" I asked cautiously.

"Come on." She said grabbing my wrist and pulling me away from the window. I sighed and followed her out of my room and to the cafeteria.

When I entered the room everyone yelled "Welcome back from your first assignment!" There was a banner with the words Welcome Back written on it strung across the ceiling. Lenalee walked over to me and handed me a white mug with the letter M painted on the bottom.

"Welcome to the family." She said, handing me the cup. I took the mug and smiled weakly. I noticed the generals were talking and I made a mental note to avoid them. Lavi walked up to me with a rose and handed it to me.

"I was told by someone to bring this to you." He sighed.

I looked at him and said "Right, someone else told you to bring me a rose."

"Honest, I was told to bring it to you." He explained quickly. I smiled at him.

"Right." Was the only thing I said. I walked away and looked for a way to get out of that room.

"Mimiteh." Allen said. I turned and looked at him."Yes Allen?" I asked.

"My master told me to bring you to him." He said. I was really getting annoyed of this place and the people here.

"Lead the way." I sighed.

A.N. Tell me if you can see any hints in this chapter. There's a big one. If you see it let me know in the comments.

As always: Okami signing off!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 124 37
Anyone who has played any Monster Hunter game will have probably noticed at some point that the ways these so called "monsters" act are strangely fam...
154K 17.1K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
771K 28.6K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
931K 21.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.