FUMES [2], jj maybank

By jir0u_

seasons 1-2 ALL THE WAY DOWN SCREAMIN' jj maybank x sam vernon kiara carrera x bailey perez book two to NICK... More

0. characters n info
1. MORNING LIGHT
2. THIS IS BEYOND BELIEF
3. IT'S A RACE AGAINST THE CLOCK
4. OH, IM ON FIRE
5. WISH YOU COULD HAVE WANTED IT A LITTLE BIT
6. THESE DREAMS, THEY'RE TAKING HOLD
7. IF ALL WE HAVE IS TIME
8. THEN WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
9. YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
10. HOPE YOU DON'T REGRET IT
11. I'M USING WHITE LIGHTERS TO SEE
12. DYING JUST TO FEEL ALIVE
13. IF I LEFT RIGHT NOW
14. ESCAPE IS WHAT I NEED
15. WATCHING MY YOUTH SLIP AWAY
16. WE'LL MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT
17. AND NOW I'M PARANOID
18. MY HEAD IS FILLED WITH PARASITES
19. WE'RE RUNNING ON FUMES
ACT II
20. LATELY I CAN'T FIND THE BEAT
21. THE DOG DAYS ARE OVER
22. HERE IN THE LAND OF REBEL POWERS
23. FEEL ALRIGHT
24. MISS ME WITH THAT BULLSHIT
25. I'M OFF ON THE ADVENTURE
27. 'CAUSE IT FEELS LIKE MURDER
28. ENJOY YOUR YOUTH
29. DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
30. THERE'S A BURNING IN MY BONES
31. 'CAUSE SOCIALLY SPEAKING, WE WERE THE SAME
32. GIVE THE BRUISES OUT LIKE GIFTS
33. YOU LEFT SOME HOLES IN THE PLOTLINE
34. HIT THE TONE, COCK IT BACK
35. SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
36. AS IT WAS
37. THE FEELINGS START TO ROT
38. ARE WE IN THE CLEAR YET?
39. AND WHEN YOU GO AWAY
40. PRONE TO BEING BLINDED
41. NO ONE'S GONNA CATCH US NOW
42. I'VE BEEN MOVING IN BACKWARDS DIRECTIONS
BOOK 3 IS OUT

26. WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENIN' IN YOUR WORLD?

431 11 1
By jir0u_

The houses get bigger and bigger the deeper we go into Charleston. "They've had like three governors in the family. They've run Charleston for, like, 300 years," Kie recalls from her research. "These Kooks make our Kooks look like Pogues." I chuckle at JJ.

     The truck stops and I stare at the house. Three floors. Three decks. A lot of ways to fall.

"You sure this is right, Pope?" I keep my eyes on the house as I ask. "Pretty sure," He replies. "Oh God, let's hope this isn't a set up y'all," Bailey sighs. I open the truck door and we all get out of the car. I'm still stunned at the big house in front of me. Jesus, I thought Brandon and Justin had a lot of money. There's even gates to the house.

"Talk about high security," JJ grabs my hand as we both stare at the talk fence in front of us. "Well, no way to jump that," I comment. "Are those spikes to keep people out?" I almost cringe at JJ's question knowing exactly what the answer is. "No, JJ," I simply answer. "The slave quarters are over there. These spikes are to keep people in," Pope says. "So—welcoming," Kie sarcastically says.

We open the gate and go to the front doors. "Who's knocking?" I ask. "Pope, obviously," Kie laughs.

This house is so fancy, there's a knocker on the door. Pope uses it and it echoes around us. He steps back, "You think that was too much?"

"It echoed throughout the entire house, that's for sure. So they definitely heard it," JJ replies. "Maybe nobody's home." As Kie says that, Pope knocks again but I step back as the door swings open. A blonde white guy leans on the door frame. I shouldn't be one to judge but he doesn't look like the type to own a house like this. He looks each of us up and down and then points to Pope, "You must be Pope."

His voice is even suspicious. He's just suspicious. This whole thing is suspicious. My guard is up even more. I let go of J's hand and cross my arms. "Are you Mr. Limbrey?" Pope asks. "Ms. Limbrey was expecting you yesterday." The man's attitude makes me roll my eyes. Asshole.

"Oh. I'm sorry. My car broke down on the way here—"

"Carburetor blew up in the middle of Nowheresville," JJ explains for Pope. "Doesn't help the short notice you gave a bunch of teenagers," I tilt my head and press my lips together. I do not like you, blondie with a big house. "Yeah, she was, uh, real upset when you didn't show up."

"We tried to call, but there's no number on the invitation," Kie tries to settle the tension in the air. "We tried to get a state over as fast as we could," Bailey's attitude matches mine. "She also expected you to come alone," He says to us.

Pope stutters, "I—I mean, these are my friends. They helped find the Royal Merchant too. I—"

"Yeah, the instructions were explicit. Your friends can stay outside." JJ and I look at each other. This guy is just weird. "We're kind of a package deal, man—"

"Plus, you're weird. So—"

"Sam, it's okay. I got this," Pope looks at all of us, "I'll be good."

"Yeah. We'll be right here," Kie reassures him. I turn to look at Bailey. We share the same glare towards the man. He moves so Pope can step into the house. The door locks behind him. My arms drop to my sides and I try to walk over to a window, "Is there a window we can look through—"

"Sam, he'll be fine," Kie pulls me away. "I think we should stay where we can see him," JJ agrees with me. "As much as I agree with you both, Limbrey might find out and kick Pope out. Let's get back to the truck," Bailey starts walking back to the truck. I look at JJ and nod, like, this okay with you?

He shrugs and grabs my hand to go back to the truck.

My rings spin around my fingers as I move them with anxiety. My leg shaking practically shakes the whole car. JJ keeps his hand on my thigh but it doesn't calm me down like it usually would. "I don't like that guy," Bailey sighs. Kie starts shaking her leg as well. "Kie, you okay?" Bailey asks her. "Hm? Yeah, I'm totally fine. Look if Limbrey is legit, then Ward gets arrested and maybe Sarah gets the gold," Kie says. I move up in my seat when Pope and the Limbreys leave the house. He makes eye contact with us before following the two. "Is he being kidnapped?" I panic and lean over JJ to try and get out of the truck. JJ pushes me gently back down, "Sure as hell looks like it."

"Okay, let's go—" Kie starts to get out of the car but JJ and Bailey stop her. "Wait, hold on—" I sit back down and watch them force Pope to walk. "Alley, they're going to the alley. Go around back," Bailey tells JJ. "Yeah, yup. Doin' it right now," JJ starts the truck to go to the back. "Be chill," Kie tells him. We're driving but we lost track of them and I start to panic. "Where the hell are they?" I ask as my eyes dart all over. "What if they went underground? Because in C.H.U.D., when they took people down in the sewers, it would turn humans into humanoids cause of the radiation—" I slow turn towards my boyfriend and blink as he continues. I've never seen this movie. I actually refuse to watch it. He suggests it everytime we can't find something to watch.

"Focus. That doesn't make sense," Kie stops him. "I was trying to see how long he would go. Thanks, Kie," I smile at her and she smiles back.

We're sitting for a bit but my anxiety is just getting the best of me. "I'm gonna go find him," Before anyone can stop me, I get out of the car. JJ is gonna follow me anyway. "Don't get hurt, we'll stay here!" Bailey says to me. I nod my head I look towards JJ, "Ready for the worst?"

"Always."

As we get closer to the backyard, we hear groaning and fighting. My jogging turns into running to the open gate. JJ and I bolt to it and I find Pope and Limbrey on the ground. "Are you kidding me?" I kick the taser towards JJ. "Pope, bro, let's go!" The brunette lands one more punch on the old fuck and then hops over the cement wall with JJ and I. "Car! Truck! Start it!" I yell at the girls. "What? Why does JJ have a taser?" Bailey turns the key of the truck but we just tell the two girls to hurry up and go. "Who are those people?" Kie asks. "That was crazy. Let's get out of here, now!" Pope yells. "You okay?" The truck speeds off but the Limbrey guy somehow gets up and in his car and follows us.

"I think he's following us!" Kie panics. JJ steps on the gas. "This is a one way!" I point out the sign. "Go left! Go left!"

"I know!" JJ yells. "This is a one way!" We all yell at JJ. I look back to see how close Limbrey is. He's close. Fuck.

"Hey! There's another car! Turn now!" Pope's words make me turn around. My eyes widen, "JJ! JJ!" I close my eyes when the car gets closer and the others yell at JJ. Is this how I die? This is a stupid way to go out. I feel the truck make a quick turn and hear the tires screech and I open my eyes. "Oh my God!" Kie sighs in relief. "Maybank!" Bailey yells at him. When my eyes are opened all the way, JJ nearly hits two pedestrians. "For fucks sake!" I brace myself again. "Get out of the road!" JJ yells out the window. "Those were people! Jesus Christ!" Pope yells at JJ. My hands are sweating from clenching them so hard. "He's still behind us!" Bailey turns.

"That was an evasion driving technique right there, y'all," JJ says all smug. "Evasive? You nearly killed us and two other people!" I yell. "We're alive though, princess. So, it was evasive!" JJ retorts.

"Okay, where are we going?" Bailey takes a breath. Everyone in the truck tries to calm down but then JJ makes another tight turn into an alleyway. I hear a hiss from the hood. You've gotta be kidding me. It's broken. Again.

"You said he fixed the carburetor! You said he fixed it!" JJ smacks the steering wheel as the car slows down. Kie starts panicking, "No! No!" We all get out of the truck. Fuck South Carolina and fuck this truck. Straight up. "Number one rule. Never trust mechanics!"

"Babe, just shut up!" I grab my stuff out of the bed of the truck when the car approaches. "We gotta go around!" JJ tells us. We leave the car and book it down. the alleyway. "Guys, I think he has a gun!" Kie yells. My heart drops. "What?!"

"Get down!"

"Get to the alleyway. Come on!" Bailey grabs my wrist. "Jesus, Bailey!"

"I think I'm cramping!"

My legs follow after JJ. We have no idea where we are. We are blindly running from a possible murderer. "We might have to split up!"

"JJ, no!" I yell at him. I taste blood. Oh God. "We have to lose him!" Bailey let's go of my wrist finally. As we run down the sidewalk, a man walks down and between JJ and I's speed, we don't have time to stop. We crash into the man and we both spew apologies as we keep running. "Right here!" JJ turns a corner. "He's right there!" I turn and see Limbrey behind us. "He's gaining! Let's go!" Pope yells. My legs cannot go any faster. I am not an athlete like Sarah Cameron.

"You guys gotta keep up!"

"Fuck off, JJ!" Bailey groans at him.

We swiftly turn another corner and see a bike tire. "Sorry—" I look up and my eyes nearly drop from my head. My jaw drops and chills run up and down my body. "JB? Sarah?" I quietly question. A smile so big it hurts my face spreads across as I look at my two missing in action best friends. Their sunburnt faces and the clothes they went missing with still on them. It feels like everything is in slow motion right now. "Get in!" John B tells us. Kie and I get in with Sarah in the small seat while the other three climb on the back. "Push! Push!" I yell at them. They push it into the street and then Limbrey is still running after us. I give him points for dedication. "Pedal, bitch! He's gaining!" I let out an accidental giggle at JJ calling JB a bitch. "I'm pedaling!"

The wind rushes through my hair as I interlock my arm with Sarah's. Everyone, including me, is shouting to go faster. I hear a crash and turn to see Pope rolling on the ground. "Shit! Pope!" I yell but he recovers quickly and gets back to us. Limbrey grabs onto the back of the bike and I instinctively smack him hard on the head. He falls off and rolls onto the road. "That's my girl!" JJ shouts next to me. With Limbrey gone, the group now doesn't face a threat. I stare at Sarah. Am I hallucinating? I reach out to touch her hair and she laughs, "I'm real! I'm here!" She gives me a side hug which—I melt into. The group is back with an extra addition and I couldn't be happier.

We get to their boat and it still feels unreal. Joking around with them and explaining shit that happened while they were gone. The good parts at least. The boat is filled with laughter and just good times. It lasted all throughout the night and into the morning. We were too excited to sleep. I was at least. I was too scared I'd miss another moment of John B and Sarah.

"Anybody else starving? We need to grab some sort of breakfast!" JJ smiles. "We're gonna find some food," Pope helps us girls out of the boat. I look through grass and plants hoping to find a berry that isn't poisonous. "Jackpot!" Sarah and I turn around to see Bailey and Kie holding watermelons in victory. "Let me open it!" I run over to Kie. "Hold on, destructive!" I scrunch my nose at Kie. I hear an almost crunch behind me. "Got it!" Bailey smiles at the sight of her broken watermelon.

I take a seat on the grass next to Sarah and stuff my face with the watermelon. "Holy shit!" Sarah curses. This watermelon is so fresh and sweet. It's so good. "Okay, so you really got married?" Kie asks with watermelon stuffed cheeks. "It wasn't exactly legal, but....yeah," Sarah smiles which makes me smile. "Figured Kook Cameron would have waited for the big wedding you've been talking about since we were kids," I joke as I shove more watermelon in my mouth. "I told him what kind of rings I like. Don't worry," Sarah and I both giggle. I look at Bailey who's just quietly eating watermelon. "How you doin' Bailey?" I ask.

"This watermelon fucking hits!" She yells and we all laugh. "Am I crazy, or is there definitely something going on between you and Pope?" My face drops at Sarah's question. "Maybe," Kie smiles at her answer. Bailey scoots a bit away and just continues eating. I wonder what would happen if she just told Kie she still likes her. Maybe Kie thinks she likes Pope to hide feelings for Bailey? I'm thinking too much into something that isn't my relationship. I just love them both and want them to be happy. But, Pope. Pope is going to be hurt. "That's not a no," Sarah says. "It's not a no," Kie shrugs. "Girl..." Kie and Sarah start giggling but my eyes stay on Bailey and her sad expression.

"You and JJ? How freaky has it been?" Sarah wiggles her eyebrows. I smack her arm, "Nothing new. The normal, kinks, I guess," That makes Bailey laugh which was my goal. "We know. We can hear these normal kinks you speak off," Kie groans and it makes us all laugh now. "We should go back," Sarah gets up and gives me her hand to help me up. We grab more unopened watermelons and bring them to the boat. "What y'all talking about?" Sarah asks. "Uh...fishing," John B replies.

"Dropping lures," I smile as JJ and I make eye contact. He walks over and gives me his hand to help me into the boat, "M'lady."

I dramatically bow and take his hand into the boat. "So kind," I kiss him on the lips and everyone around us groans. I step away from JJ and he offers Kie help. She drops the watermelon into his hands. "Goodness gracious," He says. "What's that now?" Pope asks. "We got y'all breakfast," Bailey says as she gets into the boat. "Watermelon?" John B questions. "You were gone for a month and a half. Deal with the watermelon," I sass him and he throws his hands in the air.

"The attitude has not changed," He laughs. I smirk at the sunburnt brunette, "Why would it? You know what did change?" I look around and everyone hums, "Sarah and John B's skincare routine, bro. I have so much lotion for y'all—"

"Ha-Ha! So funny!" John B playfully shoves me and I shove him back. He shoves me again and I shove him harder. Then, he smacks me. Not hard but we all gasp. "You wanna go?" I smile at him. He smiles back and then smacks me. We start smacking each other. Each one hurting a bit more and more as we both giggle. I smack John B so hard the sound echoes on the boat and now they all gasp at me. "Did I hurt you?" I stop smacking him and ask. "Yes, so much, how could you?"

"Alright, alright. Enough. Let's get back home!" JJ yells and then claps and whoops. I roll my eyes and sit back. Sarah and John B in front of me won't be believable for a while. The morning sun hits them and as much as I believe they hate the sun on them at this point, they let it. They don't complain like I was a few months ago which would cause Kie to call me a vampire. The boat starts its route to The Chateau and I feel myself fully relax.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 3.2K 38
IN WHICH after a storm of chaos tears through a teenage girl's life she follows the treasure hunt her mother started. (...pope heyward x fem oc) (...
466K 6.2K 47
Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴏɴ ᴇʟʟɪᴏᴛᴛs ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛɪʟʟ sʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏɴ sɪʙʟɪɴɢ, ᴀ ʙʟᴏɴᴅᴇ ʙᴏʏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴅɪᴅ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. Tʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴡ ɪ...
2.7K 63 12
ੈ✩‧₊˚ ❝ i like that about us. nothing is ever complicated. ❞ &&. in which it's dangerous to fall in love with your best friend. JJ MAYBANK | OUTER B...
70 5 5
In which, two troubled teens fall in love during a crazy summer adventure. -or- In which, Madelyn Fischer holds a secret bigger than her friend...