No Saints Here | 18+

By Ummmmokaybro

Alexandra Abernathy is used to getting what she wants, and when she wants it. She's top of her class, a grea... More

Dedication, Aesthetics, Staples & DISCLAIMER!
CH 1 Welcome to the Neighborhood
CH 2 Welcome to St. Mary's
CH 3 Liars Are The Foundation
CH 4 Lolita
CH 5 Assembly
CH 6 Looking Forward To It
CH 7 Water Under the Bridge
CH 8 Dumbfounded
CH 9 He Knows, I Know
CH 10 Can't Catch a Break
CH 11 Need A Miracle
CH 12 Stung By A Jellyfish
CH 13 Deal
CH 14 Truth or Dare.
CH 15 In Your Head
CH 16 Shaking Hands With The Devil
CH 17 Absent
CH 18 The Number
CH19 Stooping To Her Level
CH21 Confession
CH 22 Game On.
CH 23 Good Girl
CH 24 The Extra Credit Assignment
CH 25 The Cherry Red Camaro
CH 26 Pink
CH 27 Probably Just Friends
CH 28 Meet the Robinson's
Ch 29 My Buddy
CH 30 Didn't You Hear?
CH 31 Metal Humming Bird
Ch 32 Moving On
Ch 33 Swim Suits
CH 34 Game On
CH 35 Head in the Game
CH 36 The Burn
CH 37 The Bathroom
CH 38 Mister Perfect
CH 39 The "C"
CH 40 Luke to the Rescue
CH 41 The Returning Book
CH 42 It's Over
CH 43 The Magnolia's
CH 44 Only With You
CH 45 Doesn't Look Good
CH 46 Finding the Tarp
CH 47 All Mine for the Night
CH 48 A Great Night
Ch 49 Very Bad
CH 50 Be Smart
CH51 I Only See You
MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU FILTHY ANIMAL
CH 52 Birthday
CH 53 Richards Was Coming Back
CH 54 Not Tonight
CH 55 You Should Go
CH 56 I'm Coming
CH 57 I Love You
CH 60 - EPILOGUE

CH 20 The Wink

13.4K 315 62
By Ummmmokaybro

Alex's POV:

"Alexandra are you alright?" I heard my grandma ask, as I continued to choke.

"Yeah." I wheezed out as I tried to inhale a full breath of air. "Water. Wrong. Tube." I choked out, still looking down on my screen. That mother fucker...

CHRISTIAN: No need to check in. I'll be busy...

"Maybe you should walk around, get some air back in those lungs." Tom said, as I continued to cough. Steadying my self on the chair as I looked at the text. 

Oh really? : ME

CHRISTIAN: Really.

As I sucked in a large breath of air, and coughed for the last time, I felt my skin light on fire. And not from the sun.

He knew my weakness. He knew I needed him to worry, he knew I wanted him to keep going despite my want of making him work for it. 

Oh god, just thinking about the ways he could be busy makes my body ridged with jealousy. He has to be inferring about Emma. Emma is going to keep him busy. Emma is going to distract him. Emma is going to be with him every second I am gone. Emma will probably entertain him in ways I'm not aloud to yet. 

I've thought about every possible scenario where I could finally get him alone, and show him what I want to do to him. But in my mind it always ended with Christian distancing himself after, or saying how unprofessional it would be. Or how he want to do the right thing, or be the good guy. 

He's such a stickler for rules, and being professional when absolutely no one at St. Mary's gives a shit. We have a bought off principal, and have a gay priest for hell's sake. Someone caring would be the least of our worries, it would be getting Christian alone. All by himself, in a position where he would have to beg me to finally touch him.  To own up to my words, prove my point, and to make him want me. Badly...

I tucked a hair behind my heated face, and took another sip of my water as I sent another text. High on the thought of making him want me, more than I want him...

Promise to think of me? :ME

See you soon... :ME

I knew exactly what I was going to do...

_____________________

As I made my way back Sunday morning, I couldn't help but feel excited as I approached home. This week was excruciating ever since Christian stopped texting me. I wanted to riot, I wanted his undivided attention and only his. I didn't care for the boys that passed me on the beach or the boy who hit on me in the supermarket. 

I wanted my teacher. My neighbor. The man who supposedly doesn't want me back.

But I wasn't going to show up on his doorstep, dressed up, and all helpless like some crazy woman... no no no. I was going to do provoke him at his most vulnerable point of the day...

In class...

_____________________

Christian's POV:

Everyday that has passed with out the nuisance from next door, has been like nails on a chalkboard in my mind. Playing her game became a lot harder when I realized just how badly my mind and body ached for her closeness. 

Despite holding back from texting her every second of everyday, Emma was somewhat a good distraction. I took her to this place on the beach on Saturday and rented a boat for us, while she explained the new exhibit that is finally on display at the museum. It was simple enough to let her yap, as I thought more about Alex. Regarding what she would do once she left St. Mary's. 

She was almost graduated and seemed ready to take the world by storm. She had the skill and manipulation to make one good hell of a lawyer, like her father. Or so her mom believes.  However, she's against lying, so it would go against her morals. 

She loves evoking any type of reaction from people, especially me. Resulting in me watching YouTube videos on how to conceal my micro expressions so she wouldn't be able to read me as easily. Yet, whenever I'm around Alex I can't think straight.

_____________________

As I made my way into class this morning, I was wondering if Alex was finally going to show up. It's been over a week since I've last seen her, and I didn't know if I could go one more day with out asking where she was. 

Her absence was more prominent than the annoying, yet seductive presence she carried. With out her I felt as if a slow, malignant cancer was starting to eat away at me. Making me a shell of a man with only one thought... where is Alex?

The class bell rang and I watched the students filter in, some in clusters, others with their faces buried into their phones. Each of them flipping over the assignment I put on there desks. While Alex's desk remained melancholily empty as more of them began to sit down. 

"Mr. Cole?" I turned to see Jade, wide eyed. Holding Frankenstein close to her chest, as she approached me. 

"Yes?" I asked, keeping my stance leaned against the desk as I faced the front of the room. Well... faced more towards Alex's desk.

"What do I do if I finished to book?" She asked, walking right in front of me, while leaning against the desk across me. 

"Hold onto it for the upcoming assignments." I responded, matter-of-fact like, as I shifted my body slightly to left to see if Alex was at her desk. 

"But what if I have questions?" She asked, stepping closer to me. Inappropriately close, as I started to smell her perfume, and notice just how close her feet were to mine.

"Google them." I said, looking back up to Jade as the bell rung. 

I stood up straight, sliding away from Jade as I rounded my desk. Grabbing the assignment off my desk. I glanced up quickly and saw that Alex's desk was still empty. Making me more irritated and hostile as I told the class to settle down. 

I felt my muscles tighten as I walked to her desk. Picking up the assignment I placed there earlier, praying that some how she would show up with her bright smile. 

But no, she was gone. Again...  I walked back to the front of the class and leaned against my desk. Lifting the assignment up to my line of vision as I started to explain it to the class.

"According to Richard's teaching planner, you are to answer the following texts and related them back to the book you are reading now." I said, looking over the class, as they started to settle down more. "You will have all of class to complete this assignment, it is up to you if—"

My sentence was cut short as the door opened to the classroom, causing all of our heads to snap to the sound. 

Before I could understand who it was, I saw the tan legs. Held tight by white stockings that were placed neatly in thick, black shoes. As my vision trailed up, slowly, I noticed a large portion of skin shown from a too short of skirt. And for a split second, I didn't mind the break in dress code, but when my gaze traveled up to the sun kissed familiar face, my heart dropped. 

"Where the hell have you been Alex?" One of the students, exclaimed from the back of the class.

Her sharp gaze was locked on mine, as she slightly lifted her chin and walked towards me. Causing an electrical current surge through my body, as she approached. While keeping eye contact with me. Being careful not to smile or frown, she then moved closer to me.

What was she going to do? Was she going to stop right by me? Challenge me? Hug me? Was she going to—

Pass me.

She passed me. Leaving me with the warm smell of her perfume as her curves slid by me, too fast.

 God, I have to get it together. 

I could only hold back the sheer anxiousness I felt in my chest for so long. As I felt my muscles tighten and my core temperature increase, as she swiftly sat down at her desk. Smiling to one of the students looking at her.

Her eyes then met mine again, as she crossed her ankles, having the side of her skirt show her upper thigh. I thought I saw a hint of a smile hidden underneath her studious expression, as she remained seated. 

Not speaking as she then looked down to the paper I held in my hands, and then back up to me. Signaling me to continue. 

I didn't realize I was frozen in place until, she looked down at the paper I was holding. I was in complete and utter shock, that she was getting the best of me. Again. This time in front of people.

When I looked down at the paper, my throat became extremely dry and I started to sweat from the excitement starting to bud in my chest. 

Alex was back. She was back. Meaning I would see her. In and out of school. On her porch. In her swim suit. Tanning outside. Rolling her eyes at me. Taunting me with her smile. As she equally watched me with precision.

I cleared my throat and tried to find my train of thought, trying to ignore the magnetic pull from the side of the classroom. 

Her sheer presence was enough to make me drunk on the thought of her. It was an addictive obsession I wasn't sure I would be able to break within the hour. I needed to build up some courage and take back the control in this scenario.

I let out a soft sigh and rolled my shoulders back, as I started to speak again, "Like I was saying." I paused, leaning off my desk as I started to walk towards the class. "You will have all of class to complete this assignment." I said firmly, as I turned down Alex's isle. "It is up to you if you want to spend that time actually doing the work or..." I looked down as I finally made it to Alex's desk. Looking down on her, as she looked up, biting the inside of her cheek. "Goofing off." I finally said. 

I lowered my hand and lightly set the assignment down on Alex's desk. Pressing two of my fingers on the paper as I pushed it closer towards her. I looked around at the classroom, and spoke again before anyone could speculate what's going on between me and Alex. 

"You have the rest of the class period. I suggest getting to work now." I said, firmly as I looked back down to Alex. 

I removed my hand from the piece of paper, when she touched the spot where my fingers were. Pulling it closer to her. As she kept her firm gaze locked on me, tracing her pointer finger on the paper where mine once was. 

When she then let her gaze travel down my form. I watched her slowly and meticulously take her time examining my collared shirt, as she fought back a smirk. Her eyes flickered with heat as her gaze started to lead down to my belt, only to then hold in that position. I felt myself started to harden, and pulse quicken when I couldn't take it anymore.  

Fuck.

I turned away abruptly and walked back to the front of the class room, sitting down quickly, behind the teachers desk. Looking only onto the teaching planner, as I pretended to be disinterested in the tease by the window. 

The instructions were clear enough on the assignment for Alex to fend for herself. She didn't need my help, she was fine. She was always capable of figuring things out for herself...

I casually looked up and noticed she was still laid back in her seat, looking at me. Fuck, she caught me. But before I could tear my gaze back down and away from hers, a large smirk pressed on her face. I felt my face start to heat up as I tried glared back at her, and then down at the planner again. 

I tried to focus all my attention on it, actively trying to ignore her... 

With out another moment passing I felt my pocket buzz. I felt my eyebrows furrow as I pulled out my phone, and looked at the text that appeared on my screen. When I felt my nerves dance along my spine to my finger tips, as I started to read it.

ALEX: I could tell you missed me. Frankenstein was a good pick. 

When I immediately looked up, she was looking down at the assignment now. Leaning over her desk as she started to write. The skin on her legs noticeably tanner now, and her skirt doing a poor job of hiding her curves, as she sat in perfect position.

I looked around at the rest of the class and noticed everyone's head was down, and some were clustered in groups talking to each other, when I finally looked back down. Smiling to myself. 

She was back. Holly shit, Alex was back, and shit. A lot more confident and risky than before. I felt my feeling of euphoria melt into worry, and then back to a high of excitement as I thought about seeing her on her porch at home.

_____________________

The entire class period I kept my gaze down on my assignments for my other class, as I fed my mind scenarios of how Alex would be after school, at home. However, I could feel her stare from across the room, periodically through the hour. Making my body light on fire and my senses on edge. Oh yes, Alex was back and my body couldn't help lighting on fire ever time I sensed her.

When the bell finally rung, I immediately stood up and finally looked at her. Making my heart drop once again, she was already walking towards the classroom's back door. Trying to escape me?

"Alex." I shot out. Stopping her dead in her tracks. As she gracefully turned with her grip on her backpack tightening. "I need to speak with you." I managed to say, authoritative-like over the crowd of students filtering out of the classroom.

Alex with an unreadable expression on her face, then started to walk towards me when she was cut off. Jade nearly hit her with her backpack as she walked towards me. Once again, stepping to close to me.

"Mr. Cole. Do you think I could stay during your prep period and go over a few things with you?" She asked, as she batted her eyes. It came off more annoying than seductive, when I then stepped away from her and stared at Alex.

Who is now leaning against one of the desks as she looked between me and Jade. Having a malicious smile grow more and more on her face, as she then looked up to me. Her eyebrows raised as she opened her mouth to speak.

"I see you two have grown a special bond while I was away." She said, pointing back and forth between me and Jade.

I then turned to Jade and looked down on her, "No. You can consult me during your class hours." I said, sternly. When I shifted away and turned towards Alex.  "You. Your skirt it too short, and you need to make up participation with me." I said, looking at her directly in the eyes.

I saw Jade freeze in my peripheral. Okay that may have came out in a weird way, as I thought over in my mind just how creepy I just sounded. I told her that her skirt was too short and then that she needed to make up participation. Possibly insinuating that I meant she make up participation now, with me, rather than—

Before I could run over everything in my mind Alex's grin went wider, when she then looked at Jade. Who was still frozen, looking at me completely in shock. 

"What I meant by that is... you'll need to do another assignment to make up participation in my class, and change your skirt." I said, clearing my throat at the end of my sentence, as I stood taller. Setting my hands on the desk behind me as I leaned back onto it farther. Trying to at least fake my confidence in front of the both of them.

"Anything else?" Alex asked, smiling at me, when she then looked back at Jade. Who is still frozen in place. Only to then look back me and wink. Causing my eyes to go wider, and my grip on the desk to tighten. Did she really just wink at me? Or am I imagining in? 

Before I could comprehend what I just witnessed, Alex leaned off the desk she was on and started to walk towards the door. Making me freeze, still wondering to myself if I'm loosing it or not. There is no way Alex was that bold in front of another student. She— she—

"Alex." I said, looking past Jade who is now looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Your participation last week-"

"Not right now, Mr. Cole. You can email me or consult me during your class hours." I heard her snicker, as she then stopped and turned in the door way. Looking at me up and down, when she then gave me a smirk and wink once more, only to then vanish right after. Causing my body to immediately react by giving me the shivers.

I knew I didn't imagine it. Alex Abernathy winked at me not once but twice. Not only that, but she showed up late to my class in spite of me, wearing too short of a skirt, all while sending me glances throughout the period. 

She was back. Finally back. Not some mirage or figment of my imagination I conjured up to help me get through the day. She was here, taunting me again. She was—

"Mr. Cole?" Jade asked, pulling me out of my minor day dream. "I just have one question." She said, while approaching me. 

Damn it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...
865 18 26
WARNING: MENTION OF MURDER, SEX, MATURE LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE, CRIME, CHEATING, TALK OF SELF HARM, UNDERAGE DRINKING AND DRUG ABUSE. TROPES: FRIENDS TO...
3.1K 60 25
His soft hum, and chuckle he lets out against my ear lobe has me shivering. "You can keep telling yourself that once we leave this school, graduate...
2.2K 29 5
**𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄!** 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫... 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 �...