The Freedom I Wanted {Dream S...

By The_Smiling_Paradox

Tommyinnit, a boy who lived in Dream Smp. He had been exiled by his best friend Tubbo. He lived in exile with... More

I. Phoenix Drop
II. A New Family
III. A House
IV. The Party
V. Guard Training
VI. The Shadows
VII. Twilight Forest
VIII. Strangers
IX. At Our Gates
X. An Accident With Malachi
XI. Phoenix Alliance
XII. The War
XIII. Dream Smp
XIV. The Afterlife And A Visitor From Home
XV. Brother
XVI. Back Home
XVII. The World Outside Phoenix Drop
XVIII. Family
XIX. A Night Talk
XX. Cats? In Scaleswind
XXI. The Wind at Sea
XXII. The Other Side Of The Story
XXIII. Ranboo's Worry
XXIV. New Enemies And Friends
XXV. Clementine And Missing Brothers
XXVI. The Lost Family And A Request
XXVII. Ranboo's Research Begins
XXVIII. A Wedding
{Act 2}
I. Meeting The Family
II. Looking For An Old Friend
III. The Travel Begins
IV. The Darkness Will Make Us Run Out Of Time
V. The Unspoken Truth
VI. The Female Astronaut
VII. Building Begins
VIII. The Choice
IX. The Pain Hits Like A Train
X. His Sacrifice
XI. He Has Done WHAT?!
XII. One Is Never Enough
XIII. Clementine & Shroud
XIV. Tubbo's Discovery
XV. Oh Fuck-
XVI. The Watchers Ruin Lives
XVII. Nighttime Visitors
XVIII. Promises
XIX. The Odison Family & Henry
XX. Mysteries
XXI. Stories
XXII. The Dreams Will Turn To Nightmares
XXIII. One More Night
XXIV. To Hermitcraft
XXV. Worry
XXVI. The Ghost Stroking His Hair
XXVII. November 16th
XXVIII. In O'Khasis
XXIX. End Of The Travel In O'Khasis
XXX. Looking For A Wolf
XXXII. More Tragedy
XXXIII. The Nether
XXXIV. Plans And Past
Author's Note
Rewrite Out Now

XXXI. The Wolf

340 14 16
By The_Smiling_Paradox

Tommy hurried through the Shadows. He had to make it to Falcon Claw and find this Child of The Moon who was like him. He had so many questions he wanted to ask from them because he had never before met a Child of The Moon who hadn't given up their fight against the darkness and fallen completely out of light.

The forest that separated Phoenix Drop from O'Khasis was really deep. Tommy had heard from Aphmau that it had been grown by Hyria and Lady Irene. Now just Hyria lived there all alone, protecting it from everyone. But of course Tommy's darkness was more powerful than Hyria's spell. The moon was high up in the sky, making the forest's Shadows even darker, making Tommy one of them and guiding him through the forest.

He didn't know if Hyria felt his presence, but he wouldn't be surprised if she did. She was a witch after all, and a very smart one. She was old too, way more older than Phil, old Tommy would have said. That reminded Tommy of the Dream Smp again, yet, he didn't miss it. He didn't miss all the suffering and abuse, loneliness and pain. He was way more happier in the past, in the time before he was born. He loved the ancient world he was living in, not the modern world he had born in. When he had gone back, he had immediately wanted to go back to the past. He wanted to live in the time before he was born, before he was supposed to have a form.

(Yes, I'm listening to Ancient Dreams In Modern Land. There are lines that fit Tommy pretty well and I just realised it-)

Soon the ruins of Falcon Claw appeared before his eyes and he finally slowed down, looking around. He had never really visited the place and wasn't exactly sure where he was supposed to look for. He knew the history though, he had heard it from Aphmau and Aaron. He knew that it was all Zane's fault and it really made him hate the man even more than he already did.

"What do you think you're doing here?" A voice growled behind him, making him spin around and saw a young looking werewolf. Looked like he had found who he had been looking for.

She had long, brown hair that was tied on a high ponytail. Her eyes were red and glowing in the moonlight. She was wearing a yellow top and black pair of shorts. Her arms were wrapped in bandages and she had black gloves. Her shoes were dark, long combat boots and there was a dark red scarf wrapped around her neck, covering her mouth. She had werewolf ears and tail. There was a long sword in her hand, she was ready to attack at any given moment.

"You can calm down, I'm not here to hurt anyone," Tommy said, raising his hands up in the air, but keeping his guard up.

"Then, why are you here?" she asked coldly, not lowering her weapon.

"I can see how the Shadows surround you like friends. They protect you in the same way the protect me. I know you are a Child of The Moon too," Tommy said calmly. "I came looking for you."

"Why should I cooperate with you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"We are the same kind, we are both Children of The Moon," Tommy confessed, hoping that she would listen to him.

"You seem like a guard. Why would a guard like you want to work with a lonely wolf like me?" she asked, feeling suspicious of him. It was clear that her trust was hard to get.

"Despite Unknown's words that we have to stay away from the Shadow Knight, I want to rebel against her wishes and do something," Tommy explained.

"Why do you think that I would want to help with that?" she asked, looking at him disbelief in her eyes. There was something in her eyes that made Tommy stop for a second.

"I can see that your sword is covered in the dark blood of those Shadow Souls," he pointed out after managing to move his eyes from hers.

"Fine, you got me there," she admitted. "But why should I work with you?" she asked again.

"Working alone is never that nice, and there isn't really anyone else to work with, is there?" Tommy reasoned, making her go quiet with the truth.

"Do you have a plan, or not?" she asked finally.

"I was thinking about going to the Nether to do some investigation," Tommy admitted, but the 'Are you fucking serious?' -look she was giving him made him realise that it was a pretty shit plan.

"Suicidal, are you, or what?" she scoffed. "But fine, I'll help you, because it seems like you really need it," she sighed and lowered her weapon, still keeping her guard up.

"Thank you!" Tommy smiled. "The name's Tommy, I'm a guard of the Phoenix Alliance," he introduced himself.

"You don't need to know my name," she answered.

"Alright then," Tommy sighed. "Do you think that you can come with me?" he asked.

She glanced around her, crossing her arms and tilting her head as she turned to look back at him. "If you have a place where I can hide from everyone, then fine," she decided.

"There's an abandoned village near Phoenix Drop. It's called the Old Meteli if you know it by any change. There used to live a Chicken Shaman, but last I saw him disappear into the woods of the Phoenix Alliance's island," Tommy explained. "No one visits there and it's easy for me to get there from Phoenix Drop," he added.

"I have heard of the Old Meteli and its fall. Fine, I'll follow you there and then we'll make better plans than your suicide mission," she agreed, making Tommy feel relieved.

"Are you ready to leave immediately?" he asked. "A purple Shadow Soul killed my cousin and I have to go let everyone know about it," he continued with an uneasy tone in his voice.

"A purple Shadow Soul?" she asked raising her eyebrows. "I've never seen a purple one even though I've been hunting them for years," she said.

"Yes, a purple one. It came from the forest and just slammed my human cousin against the wall, crushing him into an unrecognisable piece," Tommy explained, shivering as he remembered Andy's body.

"That sounds like an evolved Shadow Soul, a stronger one. If that's really true and they have found a stronger form, we're in huge trouble," she said in serious tone.

"That's why I think that we, the Children of The Moon, have to start going against the Shadow Knights too. We have the power to fight against them, it would be a waste if we don't help them," Tommy nodded. He was glad that someone was agreeing with him on that.

"Let's get going then. I want to investigate the area where this happened," she said. Tommy nodded again and began leading her towards the forest.

They stopped in Old Meteli. The wolf looked up and around them. She had sensed the same as Tommy. There was a strange, dark atmosphere. It was almost unnoticeable, and most likely completely unnoticeable for many. But the creatures who lived in the Shadows didn't miss the weird scents in their house.

"I think we're dealing with something pretty dangerous here," she said, turning to look at Tommy. Again her red eyes glowed in the moonlight in a very enchanting way, almost making him forget everything else.

"I have to head to Phoenix Drop, but I'll return after the sun sets again. Will that be alright with you?" Tommy asked before losing himself in her eyes.

"Alright. I'll go scouting around in the woods to see if I can find some glues about these creatures. Information is definitely needed if we want to do something," she nodded, fixing the scarf that covered half of her face.

"Stay safe. I'll see you later," Tommy nodded to her before turning around and hurrying back towards Phoenix Drop. He had to go find Alexis.

Alexis, Dante, Levin, Kyle and Malachi were sitting in Levin and Malachi's house. In front them was the pile that had once been Andy, now he looked like a molten pile of goal that was in a weird bunny-looking shape. Tommy grimaced as he saw it. It was no sight for sore eyes.

"Tommy, you're back!" Levin exclaimed in slight relieve as he noticed his older brother walk in through the door.

"We already heard from Alexis what happened with Andy. It's terrifying," Dante said. He looked at the remains of Andy with pity and hidden shock.

"What was the creature that did it? Do you have any ideas about it?" Malachi asked, looking at Tommy and Alexis, who were the only people who had seen it.

"It looked like a Shadow Soul, but also a bit different from the ones we have previously seen. I think we should ask Vylad and Laurance more about it," Tommy answered, crossing his arms. He had a really uneasy feeling about the creatures.

"Or then Sasha. We have her locked up too, but she might not speak though," Levin added hesitatedly. He seemed a bit stressed and shocked, but it wasn't really a surprise. He was the Lord of Phoenix Drop after all, and the sudden death in his village had gotten him shaken up.

"We also have to let the word of Andy's death spread to the Alliance's island. And the other villages of the alliance have to find out about the creatures too. We have to warn them to avoid other deaths like Andy's," Dante spoke, hesitatedly glancing back at Andy's remains before turning to look away again.

"Well, who wants to be the one to go tell Aphmau and Claire?" Kyle asked. Everyone remained quiet after that. Then Tommy spoke up, "I'll do it."

"Are you sure?" Malachi asked worriedly. He knew that it probably wouldn't be easy to go tell a mother that her son was dead.

"I was the one who was next to him, and I was the one who he followed there. I should do it," Tommy answered. He needed to take responsibility for his actions, no matter how hard it would be.

"You should go do it as soon as you're ready then. Claire's probably already getting all worried about Andy. She deserves to know about his death as soon as possible.." Dante said. His voice was a bit shaken as he tried not to imagine how it would feel to hear about the loss of his own children.

"I'll go do it immediately. She's already waited for too long," Tommy decided and turned on his heels. He took a deep breath in and walked out of the door as his family and friends wished him luck.

Words: 1832

(Look at that, I have an actual idea and motivation and you're getting chapters :D)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 221 40
Tommy is dead... killed and beat-up by Dream. he was never coming back and Tubbo blames himself for the death of his best friend/Brother. he should'v...
23.5K 1.4K 65
[WARNING: This story contains suicidal thoughts, cussing, sexual activity, and drugs/drinking. Read at your own risk.] ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ L...
41.7K 2K 34
After the Waves devastated the Earth, modern society collapsed. Governments didn't know what to do, and much of the world's treaties and society's pr...
4.3K 132 11
Word Count: 11,000 Ranboo had been dealing with the voices in his head for a few months now, and it was getting harder and harder to hide the fact t...