Vajragni : The saga of thunde...

By Arjunaradhika

He was the thunder she was ready to be struck by. She was the fire he was ready to burn himself... More

Preface
NOTE
🔸Character aesthetics🔸
1🔸Arjun
2🔸 Blue flame
3🔸 Saviour
4🔸Princess
6🔸 A new friend
7🔸The Swayamvar
8🔸 Garlanding
9🔸 A walk to remember
10🔸 Broken haze
11🔸Shattered
12🔸 Fallacy
13🔸 Satyabhama
14🔸Realisation
15🔸 Special connection
16🔸 His agony
17🔸Destiny or Choice
18🔸Divya-Parinayam (i)
18🔸Divya-Parinayam (ii)
19🔸 Abduction
20🔸The special gift
21🔸His limerence
22🔸"You will never know"
23🔸Princess Aryaa
24🔸Addled hearts
25🔸Stay
26🔸Equation
27🔸Dear Panchal
28🔸Hastinapur
29🔸Welcome
30🔸Princesses of Kashi
31🔸Beautiful disaster
32🔸Crushed
33🔸of Devotion and love
34🔸Ruptured
35🔸Her apricity
36🔸Savouring
37🔸Sweven
38🔸Savyasachi's Sairandhri
39🔸Silence of storm
40🔸Khandavprasth
41🔸Keshav-Kalindi
42🔸 Divine alliance
43 🔸Rasiya
44🔸Battle of hearts
45🔸Severance
46🔸The Naga Princess
47🔸Burn for you
48🔸A Yadava's advice
49🔸Withdrawal
50🔸Of rage and love
51🔸Homecoming
52🔸The touch
53🔸 His colour
54🔸The Queen's acceptance
55🔸Against the world
56🔸 Petrichor
57🔸 Her former friend
58🔸 Inflaming the fireborn

5🔸The golden eyes

1K 107 67
By Arjunaradhika

Draupadi

"Forgive me father" I apologized again, peering up at my father through my lashes who was sitting on his spacious couch with his lips pursed in a thin line while his his narrowed in dismay.

Right after we arrived the royal palace I was asked to be present at my father's personal chamber along with my brother.

"Dearest, the invitations of your Swayamvar have been sent to every Kingdom of Aryavart. The guests will start arriving in a few days, I expected the princess of Panchal to be more responsible than this" He exhaled before slowly rising on his feet.

"I promise you'll not see me acting this way ever again Pitashri" I promised looking up at my father "I'm still trying to cope up with my life's pace, it's moving a bit too fast for me to act according but I promise I'll try harder"

He nodded and came closer before placing a hand on my forehead "I know putri, but you're no ordinary woman, you're Krishnaa Yajnaseni born to cause destruction to those wretched Ku-"

"I don't want to cause any destruction to anyone Pitashri" My firm voice cut him short. My jaw clenched as I fought the tears back. Dhrishtadyumna went stiff beside me.

How easy it was for my father to remind me every now and then that the reason of my birth was to cause annihilate a whole clan. Women were supposed to create and not destruct.

I wish I were born out of love like my brother Shikhandi and not out of mere revenge.

"My mistake dear, God himself will cause destruction to them through you" He smiled.

"If I can cause destruction to Kurus why do you want a Kuru Prince to be my husband? Is my marriage a part of your revenge game too?"

"Draupadi!" My mother gasped "Don't raise your voice at your father"

"I didn't raise my voice mother, I just questioned" . I would never know why some people were so afraid of questions
Either they were too embarrassed to divulged the answer or had no answer at all.

"Let her say Prishati" My father raised a hand "A child has every right to question its parents about everything and anything" He then looked down at me "never stop questioning Krishnaa"

I nodded and he sat down on the couch and made me sit beside him before starting in his composed tone "When Drona send his teenage students to defeat me I actually affronted" He had a dry smile playing across his lips as he recalled

"I defeated the princes and their friend Karna in no time, then Drona had sent two more of his students. I remember being irked, when hundred of his students together couldn't defeat me how he expect those two teenagers to do the job... " He stopped

"Who were they?" I urged him to continue.

"Bheem and Arjun. Bheem tackled the soldiers and his younger brother fought with me and Satyajit. That young man didn't give any chance to counter him at all. We didn't even see when he released his arrows, such was his lightness of movement"

My mind immediately went back to the golden-eyed stranger who didn't take more than few minutes to defeat the huge tiger.

"But you know what actually made him different than others?" My father continued with a smile "His kindness. When other princes kept mocking me, hurled baseless humiliations at me and killing my soldiers even after capturing me, he was the only one to protest against it. The way he talked to me, asked me if I was okay or needed water, had moved me to the extent that.... " He faltered, returning his gaze from the white marvel floor to me as he resumed.

"The moment you were born Krishnaa, I knew no one but only the best among men who didn't only possess unmatchable prowess but the ability to use it properly could be my fire-born daughter's husband"

His eyes were smiling warmly at me as a silence prevailed around us.

"I'm sorry Pitashri" I whispered lowering my gaze as shame consumed me.

"If I wanted any political benefit out of your marriage I would have chosen Yudhishthir; the crown prince but I know not everyone can bare the burnt of fire that comes along light"

I smiled and hugged him before demanding "Do you love your Arjun more than you love me?"

"No one can love Arjun more than you will" My father concluded with a soft chortle.

.
.
.
.

I leaned against the bathtub as Malini washed my hair while Kuhu massaged my scalp. I closed my eyes as the warm fragrant water filled with herbs and rose petals calmed my tired muscles.

A certain pair of golden eyes floated in front me and I forced my eyes open disturbed by the fact all I could think about was that amber eyed stranger since I returned from the forest.

"What happened, Princess?" Suhasini who was applying sandal wood paste on my body asked.

"Nothing" I didn't tell anyone about the tiger attack or how a stranger saved me and had no intention to reveal either.

"Lost in Prince Arjun's thoughts?" Malini guffawed

"Arjun? Who?" I played along.

"Aww so innocent. You've already made ten different pictures of him"

I bit my lip to hide the growing blush"I was practicing!"

"Oh, why did you not draw eyes on any of those paintings, huh?"

I remained silent as they burst into laughter. They continued with their stupid jokes ruining my herbal bath.

After the bath, I wore a sky blue cotton lehenga not bothering to put on any dupatta as I headed back to my inner chamber.

I stood before my mirror as the sharp winter breeze caressed my body. Raising my right hand I slowly touched my left elbow where Jay had touched me just for a fickle moment. My heart flattered recalling how it felt. I looked at my face which was red, and my eyes....

I saw those haunting amber eyes in them, as beautiful as the setting sun. The sharp yet tender gaze of them were filling my senses, making it hard for me to breath properly.

Before I knew what I was doing I was already in front the painting of a certain curly-haired prince and started drawing the golden eyes that had stolen my peace of mind.

After almost an hour or so I was done and backed away slowly. My lips curved into a small satisfied smile.

I didn't know how Jay exactly looked, given the fact how exhausted I was and how sizzling his amber eyes were, I didn't get to observe any of his other features.

But somewhere deep inside my heart a wild hope started blooming. I hoped Jay was Arjun or Arjun was Jay.

If I said this to Govind he would definitely ridicule me for my wild ideas or even worse, he would tease me until I was ashamed of myself.

I smiled to myself missing him already. He had said he wouldn't visit Panchal until I get married and go away from here so he can peacefully discuss serious things with my father.

At first I believed he was joking but now that it had been almost fifteen days and he had no sent even a single letter was forcing me to feel otherwise.

Just as I was busy in my thoughts Kuhu burst in "Pri-" She stopped as her eyes landed on the portrait, her lips curved into a huge grin "Oh my! You've Mata Gauri's blessings on you. This is exactly how Prince Arjun looks like!"

"Hey you should knock before you enter" I crosses my arms over my chest trying to hide the embarrassment.

Kuhu rolled her eyes "Here, your friend sent it" She handed me a letter and I immediately realised it came from Dwarka.

"Govind!" I gushed

"I'm going to bring your dinner, The Queen asked you to have dinner early" With that Kuhu went away.

I went to my terrace and sat on my swing before opening it

Dear Krishnaa,

No, I'm not your sakha but your sakhi, Satya, whom you seem to have forgotten

I shook my head with a grin "How can I ever forget you Satya"

I heard that King Drupad wants to marry you off to third Pandava? Well I've never met him neither did Swami but all he can talk about is how great his cousin is even when he is with me, so I already dislike Arjun

I chortled at her playfulness, imagining the kind of look she had given Govind while complaining about Arjun.

It's my misfortune that I won't be able to attend the most talked about Swayamvar of Aryavart. My swami said your Swayamvar would witness a historic feat of archery and you know exactly how much I mourn for not being able to witness that. Anyways I will most definitely attend your wedding. Take care

With love
Satyabhama

Yes Karna along with Kaurava were defeated by Drupad in Gurudakshina war.

It's Arjun who defeated Drupad not all Pandavas. Bheem assisted him while the twins stayed back with Yudhishthir to protect him.

Although in the critical edition Panchal war isn't really described, KMG did describe in detail.

___________

Please tell me how are you liking the story so far? Any kind of suggestion is welcome. Anything particularly you want me to write?

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did don't forget to

★VOTE

★COMMENT

Jay shri Krishnarjun
Arjunaradhika

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 3.6K 121
अर्जुनप्रिया - Arjuna's beloved. They had dreamt of a life with each other, for each other, and in each other, but the said life made them face the r...
31.7K 1.4K 27
When he hates royals cause he thinks they are rude, mean and spoiled brat. But what happens when he fell in love with the crowned princess of pratap...
143K 7.9K 53
She was a princess, he was a prince, it could have been a simple story but no, life isn't simple and love is not easy and it can never be simple and...
4.4K 265 9
This is the continuation of the very wonderfully written story 'Elements of Fire' by the one and only 'Nimarna'. Read on, to find out the aftermath...