Vajragni : The saga of thunde...

By Arjunaradhika

He was the thunder she was ready to be struck by. She was the fire he was ready to burn himself... More

Preface
NOTE
🔸Character aesthetics🔸
1🔸Arjun
2🔸 Blue flame
3🔸 Saviour
5🔸The golden eyes
6🔸 A new friend
7🔸The Swayamvar
8🔸 Garlanding
9🔸 A walk to remember
10🔸 Broken haze
11🔸Shattered
12🔸 Fallacy
13🔸 Satyabhama
14🔸Realisation
15🔸 Special connection
16🔸 His agony
17🔸Destiny or Choice
18🔸Divya-Parinayam (i)
18🔸Divya-Parinayam (ii)
19🔸 Abduction
20🔸The special gift
21🔸His limerence
22🔸"You will never know"
23🔸Princess Aryaa
24🔸Addled hearts
25🔸Stay
26🔸Equation
27🔸Dear Panchal
28🔸Hastinapur
29🔸Welcome
30🔸Princesses of Kashi
31🔸Beautiful disaster
32🔸Crushed
33🔸of Devotion and love
34🔸Ruptured
35🔸Her apricity
36🔸Savouring
37🔸Sweven
38🔸Savyasachi's Sairandhri
39🔸Silence of storm
40🔸Khandavprasth
41🔸Keshav-Kalindi
42🔸 Divine alliance
43 🔸Rasiya
44🔸Battle of hearts
45🔸Severance
46🔸The Naga Princess
47🔸Burn for you
48🔸A Yadava's advice
49🔸Withdrawal
50🔸Of rage and love
51🔸Homecoming
52🔸The touch
53🔸 His colour
54🔸The Queen's acceptance
55🔸Against the world
56🔸 Petrichor
57🔸 Her former friend

4🔸Princess

1.1K 109 112
By Arjunaradhika

Song - Tose nayna lage piya sawre

Third Person

"Yes" Relied the stranger in a timid voice while she wrapped her arms around herself.

"It's not safe for someone like you to roam around in such deep forest all alone" Arjun's voice was colder than he intended. He turned around and picked up the wooden stick before lightening it.

This wounded stranger probably wasn't as comfortable as he was with darkness.

"I'm not 'roaming around' " The timid voice was not so timid this time as it continued "I'm grateful to you sir for saving my life, accept this as a token of my gratitude"

Arjun turned around to reply but his tongue betrayed him when his eyes landed on the ethereal beauty before him.

Her face had dirt all over it with her kohl smudged. The red garment was torn from various side yet....

Yet the blue hued figure clad in untidy red garment and messy curls didn't appear like a person to him.

She seemed like an artist's art. Untouchable, unreachable.

Arjun's breath hitched when he fixed his gaze on her eyes, they had the colour of the richest rain soaked earth in yet had the kind of fierceness in them that he could almost feel its burn.

He closed his eyes to compose himself as a wave of shame swept over him.

"Your life worths more than the ring you're offering, Devi " Arjun replied calmly. His gaze instinctively flickering back to her long messy hair that plunged over her shoulder.

"So what were you doing here if not roaming around?" He asked

"My horse... It suddenly went wild and" Arjun watched as her throat bobbed as she continued "I'm searching for her"

"Its not possible to find a horse in such deep forest especially at night, so I request you to go back"

"I can't!" She replied firmly "I've to find her" She started limping her way before Arjun's hand caught her elbow.

Both of them frozen in their places. Arjun's heart caught in his throat at how her soft skin felt against his rough one before he hastily let her arm go.

"It's not safe. First let's get you out of here then we can find out someway to reach out to your horse" Arjun assured

"Bu-" She stopped before as she took a deep breath "Alright" She whispered before her eyes zeroed on his left arm as small gasp left her lips "You're bleeding"

"It's nothing" Arjun started walking toward the lake followed by her

"It's not nothing, please wait a bit"

Arjun watched in confusion as she freed the pallu of her sari that was tied around her waist and started tearing it, Before he could understand she took the red piece of cloth and tied it around his forearm.

Arjun gazed at her downcast face as she came close. Her long lashes framing Her rosy cheeks while her curly hair was occasionally teasing his skin, making his heart beat fast.

"There you go" She stepped back "Apply something on it later" She almost ordered.

"As her highness wishes" Arjun couldn't help but baited and enjoyed the effect it had on her as she flashed him an embarrassed grin.

They walked in silence. Arjun looked back and observed her limping. It was clear she wasn't used to walking.

"Where do you live?"

"Kampilya. How far am I from Kamilya?"

"Far enough" He looked ahead "We will reach before dawn though"

"What's your name?" She asked but without waiting for reply continued "It's strange we've been together for almost an hour and haven't introduced each other"

"What's the need when we would probably never see each other again" He smiled and watched her narrowing her brows.

"You seem familiar" She declared.

"I doubt considering the fact that the last time I visited Panchal, you weren't even born, Princess"

"How-" She stopped the started again "H-How do you..... " Arjun watched as her full lips parted while her pupil expanded.

"Your father did a pretty good job announcing the divine birth of his kids" Arjun paused to look deep into her lotus eyes before continuing "Besides who else smells like blue lotus?"

"Well that means you knew me all along and I don't even know your name"

"Its.... Jay"

"You can call me Krishnaa" She smiled.

"Krishnaa" Her name rolled off his tongue.

Arjun suddenly halted and raised his hand to stop her from speaking.

"What?" Her brows joined in confusion.

"I believe your father has found you Princess"

"How do you know that? I can't hear or see anything" She said while looking here and there and after sometimes she finally saw the flag of Panchal's royal chariot.

She squealed happily before turning to him "How did you do it?"

Ignoring her curiosity he stated "I should probably take my leave, Princess"

"Krishnaa" She corrected "And why are you in such a hurry to leave? Let me introduce you to my father. You saved my life after all, you deserve some reward"

"I've already got my reward" He pointed at his wound which was covered up with a piece of her sari.

Her lotus eyes bore into his amber ones for a long time before her red lips curved into a beautiful smile "just stay"

Arjun took a last look at the blue flame of Panchala before slowly backing away. He watched the chariot coming closer to them while the Princess waved at someone and rushed toward it.

If King Drupad were there,he would definitely recognize. He couldn't allow it to happen, not until his mother and eldest brother wanted it.

Draupadi

"Draupadi" My brother pulled me into a tight embrace. I closed my eyes with a small smile wrapping my arms around him.

"Still alive to annoy you"

"Be quite, will you?" He released me and continued his rebuking "Your friends told us what happened, Didn't I tell you that stubborn horse is too difficult to handle, but of course you didn't listen to me, why would you? Who-"

"Oh my! Dhrisht calm down" I rolled my eyes.

"Calm down? You're asking me to calm down? Just wait till you face Pitashri" Dhrisht fumed.

"I know.... " I swallowed a lump "Oh! I've to introduce you to someone" I remembered the amber-eyed stranger and turned back.

My smile dropped as I found no one. I looked around to find a certain pair of golden eyes but failed.

Where did he go?

"Who?" My brother asked patting my shoulder. I remained silent as disappointment settled in my heart

"Nothing let's go" I murmured before ascending the chariot.

Arjun's another name was Jay. He has been called Jay many times by Draupadi, Krishna and Vyasa ( till now I had only noticed these three calling Arjun Jay)

Anyways I really hope you enjoyed this not so long chapter :)

Don't forget to-

★VOTE

★COMMENT

Jay shri Krishnarjun
Arjunaradhika

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 727K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
31.6K 1.4K 27
When he hates royals cause he thinks they are rude, mean and spoiled brat. But what happens when he fell in love with the crowned princess of pratap...
24.5K 2.8K 53
When Aastha met Veer, she knew they had a connection. However, the connection would be from two centuries ago, she never could have imagined. A...
True Love By asmi

Historical Fiction

45.4K 1.1K 9
Arjun, the great warrior of his time and Draupadi,the fire born and the most beautiful woman in the world,the warrior princess turned empress and the...