Urban Divinity

By jawncuffies

He slowly backs up until his back is against the wall like my own, "You're..my neighbor?" He points to my doo... More

BEFORE YOU READ
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
72
Drama & Clearing the Air
74
75
76
77

71

6.9K 387 129
By jawncuffies

After the wedding planning fiasco, I had to admit getting everything together was harder than I thought. Who would have guessed planning the most important ceremony of my life would be so hard?

I had to brush my thoughts to the side as I turned away from my computer and faced my clients, "Alrighty Miss Johnson, just give them this prescription of cold medicine and make sure they gets some rest. No sports, no rough housing, and no arguin' for a couple days." I give the twins a pointed look as they send each other harsh glares. "Easy peasy!" Ms. Johnson was already pulling them to the door, "Thank you so much again, Doc. I'll make sure they behave." I notice her grip tighten on their shoulders and it took a lot of self control not to let out a giggle as they winced.

They said their goodbyes and I waved as my door finally shut once again.

I'd never met two siblings that argued more in my life. Between the fists flying and even one biting the other, I could tell their mama had more than enough. I'm pretty sure they would have gotten whooped if I turned my back for more than three seconds.

I let my shoulders sag as I flopped in my office chair and closed my eyes, "Peace at la-" My body jumped as Tasha swung the door open hard, "lemme see it!" She sang as she rushed right in and grabbed at my hands.

"Um.. Where yo ring at?" Her face quickly dropped to a frown as she gave me a confused look, "It's in yo bag?" She didn't even wait for me to respond as she instantly grabbed my purse and started sifting through it, "Mama.. Make it make sense." She mumbled as she looked harder.

"I didn't bring it?.." I shrugged my shoulders lightly and watched her body freeze. "You.. didn't.. bring it?" She turned to me slowly with wide eyes. I sucked in a breath as I nodded my head, "Yeah.. I just didn't want it in the way.. Y'know kids and how grabby they are." I laugh and try to brush it off but she didn't let me breath one bit, "I know you. You were so excited to get that ring. You could have double or tripled gloved to wear it." She pointed a finger at my hand and I couldn't look up at her as I played with my fingers.

"I know.. I just don't want anything bad to happen to it." I couldn't admit that I only wore it in the house. Dion even had to force me to put it on and promised nobody would try to steal it if he was around. I still walked with that hand in my pocket the whole time. It was way to precious to just wear it like it's a regular ring.

"And what did Dion say about seeing you leave the house with no ring?" She gives me a pointed look and I refuse to meet her eyes, "Nothin.. I mean he complained a lil and I told him I'd wear it but.. Y'know.. me and my bad luck.." She gives me a confused look as her nose scrunched, "Bad luck? Girl the fuck is you talkin bout?" She sat down on my bench as I sighed loudly.

"You know.. how my luck is literally the fuckin worst in the world? This is the first time I've gotten something that precious and I just have this feeling imma lose it or break it or sumn.. I can't break his heart like that.." I shake my head as the thought alone put a sick feeling in my gut.

Tasha sighed softly, "I know life's been rough for you.. Between your last relationship and your parents, I don't blame you for the hesitation but mama.." She waves her hand, "What we not gonna do is say you're bad luck. That ain't fair on your end at all." Her hand moved to mine as she squeezes it, "You're a beautiful person who went through some ugly situations. But now you are living the life of your dreams, boo. Don't let the past make you scared of the future." I nod my head slowly as I squeeze her hand back.

"Okay.. I'll bring it around with me more. Maybe I'll put it on a necklace or sew a new pocket in my purse for it." I give her a small smile and she gives me a big one back, "Exactly. I better see it tomorrow or I'm taking yo ass home and we gettin it.. And I'm snitchin to Dion." My eyes widened slightly but I quickly got it together, "I ain't scared of him.. like you said, he chicken necked." She burst into giggles but still slides me a knowing look.

"I notice the way you act all lil wit him. Blushin and giggling and shi. Both of y'all are not slick." She leans in more as I quickly shake my head, "Stooop you know damn well I'm not submissive. I'm very bold and open." Her laugh was so loud I had to jump up and cover her mouth.

She held nothing back as she laughed into my palm. I could feel my embarrassment rise, "Shut up! It's like I'm a little bit of both! I can be the big one in the relationship and stuff." I frown as she pulls my hand away and shakes her head, "You know damn well you never giving commands and you not on top. We already had the discussion that you're a pillow princess and that's okay." She bit her lip to hold back more abrupt giggles.

I roll my eyes, "How I even command his big behind to do anything? Do you see how he easily manhandles me." She nods her head with a big ass smile, "Girl y'all have me dead when you leave work and he damn near throws you over his shoulder every time. Swear he be ready to pounce on you." I could feel my blush worsen at her words, "Exactly. It's basically impossible." I press my hands to my cheeks and try to ignore her lil oohs.

"Well tie his ass up or sum. Make him yo Babygirl for the night." She leans in close as her eyebrows wiggle, "and while you at it, smack him a few times for irkin you. And one for me since he always got a stank attitude." I shake my head quickly, "ME tie HIM up?!" I look at her with wide eyes and she only smirks. "Iont think you know this man well enough.. He'd prolly punish me for that." I wave my hands in fear as she smirks.

"He be punishing you? On some freaky shi?" She looked like the grinch as her hands rubbed together, "Y'all worse than I thought.. what else that nigga do to you?" I leaned away as I felt my cheeks grow hot, "He just spanks me and.. other things.. but nothing extreme I promise. I think I'd have a heart attack." I press a hand to my chest as she slowly nods her head but her smirk staying, "You should punish his ass back.. Next time he piss you off." She wiggles her eyebrows and I can't lie my brain was starting to like the idea.

"A-Alright.. maybe.. I don't think I'm bold enough still." I shake my head quickly and she gives me a knowing look before sliding off the bed slowly, "Mhm.. Alright.. just lemme know if it changes.. Cause I could give advice.." My eyes widen as she reaches the door.

"The only advice I need is planning my wedding right now.." I quickly change the subject as her face lights up, "Lemme do it. Lemme do it. Lemme do it!!!" She grabbed my hands as she damn near yelled in my face. I laughed as I nodded my head, "I was hoping you would help. I'm lost and the last planner we went to was so rude." Tasha raises a brow, "Didn't I call it? I told u to just ask me." I roll my eyes and laugh softly, "Well I'm asking now miss ma'am." She smiles brightly.

"Leave it up to me. Imma have everything perfect. I put my life on it." She leans in close until our foreheads touch, her eyes drilling holes into mine. I nod my head meekly and lean away, "I know how u get Tasha. Ur gonna be a bridezilla instead of me." She leans back and nods her head, "But do I get shit done? That's what I thought."

______________

YEAH IM BACK!!!!
And before I continue I got some shi to say.

If you got a negative opinion on my book, then it's not valid and I don't care. Some of y'all are so entitled to writing terrible shi about MY WORK without any work of your own to prove that ur opinion should even hold weight.

Normalize being quiet. Normalize not being rude.

Whole lotta keyboard warriors and iont fuck wit it.

Also to respond to some of y'all weird as comments:
1) black people blush and if I wanna make my MC blush a billion times then imma mf do it.
2) This is a black love book. And all my future books will be.
3) Speech impediments are a thing and I used to have one. I still have it and it's not as bad. Ur a bully.

And one last thing, there has been hella drama going on with me and another author regarding stealing my books. So imma try to clear up the situation and if they don't wanna comply then imma have to expose. 🤍

I LOVE YAAAALL 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 15.4K 12
warning :- Mature content. Grace stepped back in fear when he stepped ahead. "Do it again and I will break your legs..." He warned. Her eyes filled...
145K 11K 66
"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed t...
886K 8.7K 7
Warning‼️This book contains abtruse topics such as Dark love, Abuse, Violence etc. You have been warned. "I thought after 3months of dealing with m...
93.3K 5.6K 38
" Oh fuck!!" "Little one, I don't think it suits a baby to curse." " Hey!! Who are you calling little? I am a big girl. Can't you see?? " she hissed...