Vajragni : The saga of thunde...

By Arjunaradhika

He was the thunder she was ready to be struck by. She was the fire he was ready to burn himself... More

Preface
NOTE
🔸Character aesthetics🔸
2🔸 Blue flame
3🔸 Saviour
4🔸Princess
5🔸The golden eyes
6🔸 A new friend
7🔸The Swayamvar
8🔸 Garlanding
9🔸 A walk to remember
10🔸 Broken haze
11🔸Shattered
12🔸 Fallacy
13🔸 Satyabhama
14🔸Realisation
15🔸 Special connection
16🔸 His agony
17🔸Destiny or Choice
18🔸Divya-Parinayam (i)
18🔸Divya-Parinayam (ii)
19🔸 Abduction
20🔸The special gift
21🔸His limerence
22🔸"You will never know"
23🔸Princess Aryaa
24🔸Addled hearts
25🔸Stay
26🔸Equation
27🔸Dear Panchal
28🔸Hastinapur
29🔸Welcome
30🔸Princesses of Kashi
31🔸Beautiful disaster
32🔸Crushed
33🔸of Devotion and love
34🔸Ruptured
35🔸Her apricity
36🔸Savouring
37🔸Sweven
38🔸Savyasachi's Sairandhri
39🔸Silence of storm
40🔸Khandavprasth
41🔸Keshav-Kalindi
42🔸 Divine alliance
43 🔸Rasiya
44🔸Battle of hearts
45🔸Severance
46🔸The Naga Princess
47🔸Burn for you
48🔸A Yadava's advice
49🔸Withdrawal
50🔸Of rage and love
51🔸Homecoming
52🔸The touch
53🔸 His colour
54🔸The Queen's acceptance
55🔸Against the world
56🔸 Petrichor
57🔸 Her former friend

1🔸Arjun

2K 124 163
By Arjunaradhika

Draupadi

"Who is Arjun?"

I questioned while my fingers kept working on my current painting, It was a random idea to mix up two opposite elements; thunder and fire. I was trying to make the thunderbolt more realistic and had no idea whether I was doing it right or not.

"Arjun is the prince of Hastinapur, the third son-" Dwarkadheesh Krishna began before my voice interrupted him.

"I know about all that. I also know he was Dronacharya's student who defeated my father and gave his teacher half of our Panchal" The bitterness was clear enough for Govind to sense it as I heard him sighing.

"You hate Arjun because he defeated your father and your father loves him for the same reason, irony isn't it?" The corner of his lips lifted up with a small smile.

"I don't hate him" I protested. Hate was too strong of an emotion to waste on someone I hardly knew "just don't love him"

"Yet" He added.

"What made you think I'll ever love him?" I arched a brow as I continued "Is he even worth my love or my varmala?" I dipped my brush in the white paint.

White, the colour adds life to every painting.

"Whether he deserves your wedding garland or not would be decided on your Swayamvar, which has been specially made so only Arjun or the best archer can win and about you loving him..... " Krishna trailed off and looked at me with his lotus like eyes smiling down at me mysteriously.

"I'm listening"

"How would I know?" He asked as innocently as he could.

"I expect the husband of three women to know a little more about love, Don't you love them? " I teased.

Till now I had only met his third wife Satyabhama who seemed like the love of his life. I absolutely adored the kind of relationship they shared. They were not just husband-wife, but lovers and best friends to each other. She was his ardhangini in true sense.

"My wives can give a better answer" He winked.

"Tell me how is Arjun?"

"Arjun is good"

I waited for him to continue "and?"

"And probably dead" His grin became wide as he took an apple from the fruit bowl.

I stared at him for a long time before asking "Was that suppose to be funny?"

"Not at all. Arjun is a good guy not only because of his unmatchable skills as a warrior but also his gurubhakti deserves to be praised. Your father has probably told you how Arjun treated him with respect despite being the one who has actually defeated him. It's absolutely unexpected from a young warrior, who got unimaginable victory on his very first war, to treat his enemy with respect " Krishna swallowed the apple bite then resumed while I listened to him without blinking.

"And yes he is probably dead, you do know about the whole lac house thing, don't you?"

"But you said they've escaped it" I didn't know the reason of the sudden agitation I felt.

"I think they've escaped it, I don't know it"

I stared at his calm face as the peacock feather in his crown danced with the wind along with his curly hair. How could he be so calm when my whole life was at stake. I averted my eyes off of him and pretended to concentrate on my painting.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Yes I did. Your cousin is good and probably dead and I may and may not get married ever and stay in Panchal forever"

"Now when did I say that?" His eyes widened.

"You said except Arjun no one can win my Swayamvar so if he is dead, I'll forever be unmarried and my fath-"

Govind came near and placed an assuring hand on my shoulder, looking down at me "Overthinking is neither good for health nor mind" He smiled before adding

"Let's not wonder what may and may not happen and focus on what's happening. Concentrate on your painting" He patted my cheek and left.
.
.
.
.

I placed my hand above my head while another rested on my flat stomach as I layed on the large swing of my garden watching the moon playing hide and seek with the clouds.

"Stop massaging my feet" Irked, I ordered my friends.

"But you just returned from dance class a-"

"Exactly" I sat up "I returned from dance class not war, now get up" I pulled both of them up and made them sit on my each side.

"Has any of you ever seen... " I hesitated, unreasonably feeling shy "Prince Arjun?"

"I didn't, Kuhu did" Malini replied swinging the jhoola softly

"You did?" I turned to Kuhu who nodded.

"I visited Hastinapur along with my parents for the Rangbhoomi just to witness the Kuru princes" She stated, playing with her plait.

"So how did you like Ar- I mean everyone?" I questioned throwing my curls back.

"What I know about sword and arrow Princess? But when Prince Arjun arrived, there was a different kind of excitement in everyone and I'm not even exaggerating. He was already famous as the best archer and his looks... " Kuhu smiled dreamily as she closed her eyes

"Although still a teenager he was very muscular, and the tallest after Prince Bheemsen. His curly hair was tied back in a ponytail, his complexion was like that of a rainy cloud and don't even get me started on his eyes..... " She stopped

There was pin drop silence as I listened to her gazing at the small pond.

"Why did you stop?" Malini demanded.

"If I describe all his beauty what there will be left for our Princess to explore?" She elbowed me before both of them burst into laughter.

"Stop it" I rolled my eyes "I don't even like this famous Prince. Tell me was he any good with weapons or he was all about looks?" I didn't care how he looked

I didn't.

"Oh he was. In fact he was so good we were left flabbergasted. I don't know about the weapons names but sometimes he created fire, the next moment there was rain. Suddenly everything vanished then the next moment they reappeared. He was absolutely amazing but..."

"But?" I pressed

"But then there was some problem. Karna, the former student of Drona arrived and challenged Rajkumaar Arjun"

"Why would he do that? Wasn't that exhibition only for Kuru Princes?" I asked raising my brows

"That's right. But he was determined to prove himself better than Rajkumaar Arjun so when Kripacharya asked him about his kul, Prince Duryodhan gifted him Anga pradesh" Kuhu stopped to take breath

"But Duryodhan was a Prince how could he give away any kingdom to anyone like that? What right did he have?" I inquired

"He didn't." I heard the familiar rich melodious voice of Vasudev Krishna answering. Kuhu and Malini silently got up and left while he continued "But Duryodhan considers Hastinapur as his own so does his father"

"Govind you didn't tell me anything when I asked you about your coveted cousin now that Kuhu was telling me such an interesting story you made them leave" I got up while Govind sat on a bench

"I didn't ask them to leave. Why are they always seem so intimidated by me" He looked amused.

"Women are always intimidated by men"

"So why aren't you intimidated by me?" He had a knowing smile playing on his lips

"Because you're not just a man to me. You're my best friend Govind, my brother" I smiled then asked "So what then, did the duel take place?"

"It didn't"

"Why? Don't tell me your cousin retreated back" My eyes widened a bit

"He didn't, he never would. Actually they share a long history.. "

"I'm all ears" I grinned widely

"You really are a kid Kalyani, I don't think even my sons love to hear stories as much as you do" Govind shook his head before resuming

"They all were Dron's students from the very beginning but as you know Arjun despite being younger than most of the princes, proved himself to be the best disciple of Drona. Interestingly Karna always wanted to defeat Arjun to prove he was better, The Rangbhoomi wasn't the first time"

"How do you know all these?" I asked.

"Along with Kurus, some Vrishnis and Andhakas also were Drona's student" He clarified

"Arjun was the only student Guru Drona gave the knowledge of Brahmashira weapon to, so of course Karna had to get something too just to be above Arjun, who by the way was almost 10-15 years younger to him"

"He did have small goals" I commented.

"Let me finish, will you?" He rebuked softly and I pursed my lips indicating him to continue.

"Karna demanded Brahmastra from Guru Drona but he refused because as his teacher he knew Karna wasn't ready yet to handle the divine weapon which was extremely destructive. So Karna left Drona's ashram and joined Parashurama's."

"But I heard Lord Parashurama only teaches Brahmins"

"Karna pretended to be a Brahmin" He concluded

"Not only did he humiliate his former Guru Drona, but lied to his another Guru about his very identity. I already dislike him"

"You can't dislike someone you haven't met yet"

"If you can love someone without meeting them, why can't we dislike someone? Didn't Rukmini didi love you even before she met you" I questioned raising a brow.

He laughed "True" Then turned to face me "Looks like you've started loving someone you've never met, as well" He winked

"I don't fall in love so easily Govind, lets see if your 'someone' can find the way to my heart or not"

"No wonder you and Satyabhama are so close to each other" He chortled before standing up "now let's go and have dinner"

Character introduction - Kuhu and Malini are two of Draupadi's handmaids.

Vocabulary :

Varmala - Wedding garland (for the groom)
Ardhangini - Better half ( female)
Jhoola - Swing
Rangbhoomi - A place for skill exhibition
Kul - Lineage
Brahmastra/Brahmashirastra - Divine weapons

----

[[ Note : Although the scenes are fictional. The description of Rangbhoomi and all the information about Karna being Drona's student is NOT.

And yep! Drupad wanted Arjun as his son in law, I believe Draupadi was well aware of her father's wish ]]-

(This chapter, the whole book along with the writer of this book, are dedicated to the Mahanayak of Mahabharata, the very soul of Krishna, the darling son of Indra, the pride of Pandu, the joy of Kunti, Savyasachi Arjun)

Happy birthday Arjun, thank you for everything <3

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, I dont know how it turned out so please lemme know. If you liked, don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Target - 30 *crosses fingers*

Jay shri Krishnarjun
Arjunaradhika

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 3.6K 121
अर्जुनप्रिया - Arjuna's beloved. They had dreamt of a life with each other, for each other, and in each other, but the said life made them face the r...
4.3K 265 9
This is the continuation of the very wonderfully written story 'Elements of Fire' by the one and only 'Nimarna'. Read on, to find out the aftermath...
2K 93 8
#2nd in Dvapar Yuga Awards [Vyaktitva Category] The wife of Arjuna. The sister of Krishna. The mother of Abhimanyu. Subhadra has always been defined...
24.5K 2.8K 53
When Aastha met Veer, she knew they had a connection. However, the connection would be from two centuries ago, she never could have imagined. A...