Tranquility beyond

By Tangotkt

A long time ago when the cold blooded King and the shape shifter King had made peace with each other having h... More

Tranquility Beyond
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 24

155 20 2
By Tangotkt

Shane's POV

It is a silent and snowy day today, I haven't talked to Zhavi in 3 days since that night. As usual I have hurt and wronged my mate. I hate myself for it, I thought I was helping someone else but by doing so I was hurting someone important to me. How can I make it up to her?

Currently I'm sorting out all of these projects that we have been working on. I'm glad my work is never done because I need a distraction. I need to forget that I'm not man enough to go and talk to my mate because I'm afraid of what she will say to me.

The current weather is very odd, it hasn't crossed my mind if who might have caused it but I can't be too sure, it is winter after all.

My office phone rings and I groan in annoyance. What?

"Speak."

"Is this Shane Verlice?" The voice over the phone sounded so familiar it sent those chills and familiar sparks to my body.

"Who is this?" I say now me and my wolf alert.

"Can I request a meeting with you?" The voice says again. The more the woman over the phone talks the more it feels like I have a connection with her. I know that's not my mate but it sounds like her.

"Who is this?" I hate repeating myself but I'm not getting an answer.

"This is Zhsjshdnsjs." Her next words weren't clear. What?

"What?" She keeps saying muffled sounds until the line went off. Fuck! I must be going crazy, I need to talk to Zhavi.

I head down the hall to the direction of me and my mate's room. I can smell her scent getting stronger as I get there, I can smell the water too. She just took a bath.

My legs involuntary stop at the foot of my door, I haven't been in here for days, I'm not sure if I should knock.

I knock silently hoping for an answer. For a moment it goes silent, all the sounds that occurred in the room went silent. During my attempt to listen in, I didn't realize she was close until she opened the door.

"Oh, hi." She said a little surprised that I was there.

"Hey," was the only word I could think about. Seriously? I didn't prepare a speech of which I need.

"Can we talk?" I say scratching the back of my head, her stare is making me a little nervous. It's not intense, sad or mad. It's just neutral, it doesn't show any feelings. In fact she looks like someone who is having a normal and relaxed day.

"I was about to head down and get a snack to continue my book, but sure." She says retreating to the room, leaving me space to enter.

"Aunt Ruth, can you have Jasmine deliver some chocolate cake or something to my room." I ordered our main cook so that she doesn't have to leave.

"Can she enter the floor Alpha?" Ruth asks me for confirmation.

"Yes."

I look at my mate who is just casually sitting on the window couch with a book on her hand, oh so she has a book now? Maybe she decided to visit the library.

"What is that?" She looked up at me with a cute smile. Okay the sudden change of moods is freaking me out. Does she have her period again? I think I would've smelt it and she would be mean to me not nice.

"Oh it's a book I've been wanting, ever since Holden recommended the House of night series to me and he gave me a few books. I finished them and got frustrated when I couldn't find anymore. I thought downloading Wattpad would help but I couldn't find it. I went to the library yesterday and boom! I'm continuing." She says.

"What is the tittle?"

"Betrayal." She says looking at the book again.

"Ironic." I say in a low voice. That didn't remove the guilt at all.

"I know you've been staying away from me and giving me some time to calm down Shane and I did. Reading books and being isolated a little gives me a peace of mind so I can say that I've calmed down." She explained.

"So you didn't want me during our little break?" I'm a little offended knowing I'm not her peace of mind but I understand why.

"I missed you, a lot but I needed the time." She says truthfully. I smile at her that.

"Look, I feel the need to explain. I wasn't bragging about Lydia and saying that I liked being with her more than you, I-" She stopped me before I could finish.

"You're ruining my peace." She says sternly.

"Just give me a chance to explain."
She nods in agreement.

"If I could, I would erase every memory of me with someone else except for you, Zhavi there's no one that could match up to you. The reason I said all those things to Holden was to make him mad. He is a powerful vampire and I'm the only one who is his match. He needed to take the anger out on someone. The anger he held in when his father abused him to make him stronger, killed his mother and me being with his mate. He also hated that I'm with you but he respected it even though I didn't do the same for him." Holden is too good at keeping his feelings hidden and that's not a good thing.

"So you let him use you to release of that?" I nodded.

"I feel absolutely nothing for Lydia or anyone else. As for my pack members, I think it's about time I introduce you to them. I won't accept their behaviour towards you. There's no better Queen." She breaks eye contact when I mentioned the word "Queen".

I went to sit besides her and put her fragile face in between my hands, lifting her eyes to look straight at mine.

"You have more potential than you think. Trust me mate." I say kissing her soft and delicate lips. She responded passionately.

The more we kissed the greater the need to be with each other grew, we have been separated for too long. The kiss deepened and suddenly her grey t-shirt looked like some sort of wall that needs to be removed so I can dive into that perfect sea of a body.

Thud! Thud!

She jolted from the sound of a knock from the door, separating our lips. Who the fuck is that?! I let out a muffled growl and a bunch of swears from the disturbance.

I take huge steps to the door across the room. I yank open the door to find Jasmine holding a trey with the smell of cream inside, the moment she makes eye contact with me she gives a seductive smile. I noticed her lifting her nose and scrunching it as soon as she could smell my mate's scent all over me.

"Thank you." I say taking the trey.

"Are you having trouble with the human your majesty?" She says, the way she said human made my wolf want to growl at her.

"Leave." I say in a commanding tone. She was quick to turn and head to the direction of the elevator.

"Is that cream, no is that chocolate?" My mate's eyes beam at the smell of fresh cream.

"Yes, I mindlinked the cook to prepare you something to snack with when you said you wanted to go get one when I came in." I said.

"How did you know I like cake?"

"Well when I first met you, you told me how much you liked chocolate. Besides you ways told my Mom of how much no other flavour is better that chocolate."

She surprised me by putting the trey down on the table by the door and gave me a tight hug. Maybe I should get her cake more.

"I love you." She said looking deep into my eyes.

Her words caught me off guard. I have been wanting to hear those words for such a long time.

"I love you more than you think pecas." I say lifting her so she can have her legs around my waist.

I sat down on the bed with my mate straddling me and us hugging each other for a while. I could do this forever.

"I have been wanting to hear you say that for a long time. I'm sorry for being a bad mate." I tell her honestly.

"Just stop making decisions for me and include me in everything you do."she says.

"Even the hard stuff, like boring meetings with Alphas, clients for my business?" She chuckles a cute chuckle.

"Even the boring stuff. I want to be your partner in everything."

"If you promise not to feel insecure, I hate that your mind tells you that you're less than what you actually are." I tell her. She nodded.

We continued our cuddling position for a while. All was ruined as soon as I got a mindlink from my brother.

"Shane! A group of rogues are surrounding me and my mate, help!"

Greyson is in trouble. Usually he wouldn't want help but with his mate of course he will drop his pride.

"Greyson is in trouble I need to go now." I quickly say setting my mate down.

"I want to help." I freeze.

"Partners remember?" Blackmail, now?

"I don't have time to argue let's go." I say quickly leaving the room.

"Greyson's in trouble I'm behind you." I mindlink Christian as we run to the elevator.

We stopped at floor 0, I find my bike as I put my mate at the back. I know she may need a weapon so I make sure to pass by the arena.

I mindlinked Raven to get Zhavi's machete as we were using the elevator.

After taking the machete I drive as fast as I could to where I detect my brother, he kept his mindlink walls open in case I can't track him by scent since there are many.

We got to the scene and I see some of my men fighting off rogues, Christian with them. I noticed there are too many rogues of which Greyson was fighting 3 alone and he wasn't winning. More fear builds inside me the moment I noticed we were out numbered and I brought my mate in this mess. Fuck promises!

"I know what you're thinking, help Greyson. I'll be fine Shane." Zhavi says looking straight at my eyes. She could feel the battle I'm having inside my head. My brother or my mate? I take her word for it but also keep it in mind to make sure I know where she was.

*********

Zhavi's POV

After I told Shane he should go help Greyson, I noticed most of the rogues were occupied, being in the scene was actually intriguing. The large animals were barbarians, biting, scratching and fighting each other to death.

One wolf was able to let a guard down and he lunged at me, he was weak since he had a challenging fight, his movements were loopy so it was easy for my blade to have access to his neck.

I don't like that Shane kept this blade but it's the best I have ever used. I wanted it to melt into nothing, it brought memories of my wrongs and need to murder the wolf species. I don't want that anymore.

As soon as I'm done with the wolf, I see an even larger one slowly stalking at his prey, which was a little girl with coconut coloured hair. She was backing up until a tree blocked her way. She must not be a wolf.

"Please don't hurt me I'm not like them!" She cries out. "Greyson!"

I hear a growl that I'm sure belonged to Greyson but he and Shane had a handful.

The rogue's moves start to pick up pace, my senses kick in as I feel the adrenaline rush through my veins. I was quick to run to the wolf's right side. The moment he started leaping in the air to get to the girl, who was cowering out as she covered her face preparing for the blow, my knee collides with its snout. Shit hurt like a bitch come on!

I didn't have time to complain as the rogue shakes it's head quickly getting back in its feet.

"Get behind me. Follow my lead." I strengthen my grip to my machete as the need to kill starts to kick in. My target is locked.

The wolf starts running towards me, I tell the girl no matter what she goes the opposite way I do. As soon as the wolf starts running towards us, she does exactly that, the wolf then proceeded in chasing her. Oh good I thought this was going to take time. There are many outcomes of us running to different directions. One we may give the wolf less time to make a decision. Two he would follow me and fight his match. Three, the one I love, he follows the girl and turns his back on me. Giving me a clear kill.

I run to the wolf and manage to get on to his back as I insert my machete in his back before he shook me off. As soon as I reached the ground, I saw him fall down after stumbling for a few seconds. He took his last breaths before he went completely still.

"Paige!" A half naked Greyson says heading to the girl's direction. As soon as she removes her eyes from me to him, she backs away.

"Ohh no, no, no, no, no! Stay away from me!" She shouts slouching backwards. This makes Greyson stop at his tracks.

"I won't hurt you." He says softly.

"You wo- you turned into a wolf! A massive freaking wolf!" She says getting her self back up.

"Well that only enhances his ego." He shrugs playfully, I snicker at his comment. He finds this a time to joke around.

"This is not funny Greyson! Are they wolves too? He looks like you." He points at Shane.

"I'm his brother nice to meet you." He says.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want you to find out this way. This place is dangerous we need to get you out of here." Greyson says, his voice sounding sincere.

"I want to go home," She says lowly.

"You can't, some of them escaped which means if they knew where you lived they can try to hurt you to get to him. I'll give you two the bike while the three of us stay and investigate the scene." Shane explains.

She looks at him then at me. She sighs before she takes Greyson's hand.

"Just so you know, if you kill me I am so haunting you." She says making Greyson give a small smile. I'm guessing they are mates.

"I wouldn't dare." He says as they get on the bike, they start to drive away leaving me and Shane alone. Wait who was the third person?

"Who else is here?" I ask him.

"Christian, he followed some rogues in his wolf form. No luck but he is on his way back." I nod.

I start to look around the place feeling his eyes on me. When I look at him I saw his eyes weren't on me, rather my blade.

"You shouldn't have kept it. I want to destroy it." I tell him truthfully.

"Where did you get it?"

"My brother, he knew I loved blades so he had a friend of his to make it. Although my hatred tainted it. It was supposed to be special." If it hadn't killed so many wolves and had a mark that says that's what it was meant for, I would keep it.

"Keep it Zhavi. You don't have to use it but it's from someone you care about." I smiled at him. My chest felt warm at his words, he's right.

The atmosphere suddenly changed, I could feel another presence watching us from the shadows. My body tenses,

"Do you feel that?" I ask Shane.

"No, what?"

"Something or someone is here." I tell him.

He sniffs the air then shakes his head and his eyes turn dark. "You're right."

I start to focus my attention on our surroundings.  I take out a pocket knife and throw it by a tree. Some girl screams chanting,

"Ahhh! Please don't kill me, please don't kill me I'm such a nice person!" She says hiding her face. As much as this is serious, I kind of wanted to laugh.

"Show yourself." I command the girl.

The air gets knocked out of me the moment I made eye contact with her.

WHATINTHEFREAKINGHORSENECK!!!!!????

"Whointhefreakingratbutt are you?!" I say to the girl who wears my identity.

"Oh! Finally I found you. Why hello." She says says looking at Shane. Oh hell no.

"I asked you a question." I say with my voice showing my irritation.

"I'm you... from the future." Wait what?

She cracks up at that, Shane and I look at each other both puzzled by this girl playing a prank in a situation that may end in her death.

"Okay okay I'm just kidding. I'm joking," She says between laughs. "Oh my God it's too much." She tries catching her breath.

"You guys see this right?" Christian says coming to my side.

"Uh oh, uhm sorry I just couldn't resist. I'm Zafirah, your sister. Well twin sister." She stays quiet for a minute. "Okay of course you can see we literally look like the same person. Except I have some granny strands in my hair and blue eyes but yeah let me shut up."

"Did you just say sister?" Shane spoke first.

~
Hey lovies! Exciting chapter! We met some new characters in this chapter I hope you liked it.

Question time!

1. What did you think about Shane's confession?

2. We have a new couple! Do we Ship Paige and Greyson? Tell me what you think.

3. What do you think of Zafirah?

Let me know soon;) don't forget to vote and comment. Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 7K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
38.3K 1K 35
Autumn Yates, the daughter of the Alpha King, is determined to take over the throne and take down her father. He is abusive, cold hearted and more of...
3K 428 50
An entanglement of betrayal, revenge, love, and supernatural war: Mirajane; the dusk princess and sole white wolf of the werewolf world. ...... When...
34K 1.1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...