Tranquility beyond

By Tangotkt

A long time ago when the cold blooded King and the shape shifter King had made peace with each other having h... More

Tranquility Beyond
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 19

171 18 1
By Tangotkt

Zhavi's POV

What a long and painful weekend. I mean it was amazing considering Shane was so hell bent on making sure I get everything I want to satisfy my cravings. I don't want much actually, just a full chocolate cake and I'm happy.

And a bit of meaty foods here and there. He made sure to get me those and stay with me, tried to give me some massages to ease the pain, some painkillers and ice. My periods were oddly strong this time. He even brought the blonde doctor and he explained that the pills they gave me had that effect if I would go in my period soon before they are no longer in my system.

Shane was mad but also it's something that had to be done. Luckily, I bleed for only 3 days.

On Sunday, we celebrated the death of the fallen heroes. It was fun a bit emotional but it was filled with more laughter than cries. I've crossed paths with with red and her husband still giving me death glares but never dared to say anything.

It's Tuesday today, I convinced Shane to let me go to school but he explained that I can't, some hunters might be looking for me so I'll have to continue next year on a different university. He believes in me not having to continue since half of everything he owns is mine and I quote "especially my body pecas". I don't want it to be like that, I want to have my own thing too.

Today we will be going to Holden's, I'm very happy but Shane isn't and neither is Christian but they will live.

"Come on let's go." I groan to Shane taking his time to get dressed. What kind of guy is he?

"You couldn't even let me get dressed?" He says getting out of the closet.

"Well I might've helped." I winked at him.

"No can do, that would result in your clothes coming off, we need to go." He says kissing my forehead.

"Are you sure you're not in pain? You don't feel any discomfort?"
I shake my head no.

He takes my hand in his before we leave. We walk through the silent halls until we reach the lift. The east wing is very quiet, it's where his family lives whilst the others are for some pack members who choose to live here. The top floor of our wing is mine and his privacy. He says it's soundproof for anyone under it. I hope the reason is not the one I'm thinking about.

The lift stops on floor zero, which was a garage where I saw a lot of expensive cars. Damn.

I saw Christian by a car with Jane in his arms, they really look cute together even though it's like seeing my little sister do some stuff she isn't supposed to.

"Hey is everything in order?" Shane says to Christian, Jane notices us and she blushed. Aww caught in action huh, horny teenagers everywhere.

"Yes, I talked to Holden, he said to expect us anytime." Shane nodded and told him he was driving.

"How long are you guys leaving anyway?" Jane asks looking at me. I just shrug because I don't know anything.

"You can come if you're comfortable around vampires." Shane replies. Wait really?

"Really?" Jane and I say in unison.

"Yes."

"No."

They also say at the same time.

"You heard him." Shane says heading for the backseat.

I saw Jane convincing Christian to say yes. It's going to take a while. I notice Shane has that look on his face as if he is in deep thought or contemplating something. He told me usually that's him mindlinking.

"I'll take the front seat," He says as Christian joins him. I see Jane smiling, I think Shane did something.

"I finally get to meet the famous Holden." Jane says cheery.

Christian growls looking at us through the mirror. Since I haven't seen her this weekend, Jane tells me all about what she and the girls were doing. I missed out on a lot of things but I have no regrets.

After a few minutes of driving, I feel the air shifting and Shane and Christian stopped talking to each other. I made eye contact with Shane through the mirror. It was an act of asking if we were here and I took it as a yes.

In comes into view a huge castle like mansion, just like the pack house. It's beautiful, a little dark but amazing.

The red eyes had me keep my guard up. Shane's hand had a firm grip on my leg behind him to show he isn't comfortable. I don't think he likes the place. Even though he looked to be calm talking to the guards at the huge gate.

My only worry would be Jane in all of this, I've fought vampires before and I don't know about her. And as for the two men, they can turn into dogs anytime.

"His majesty grants your entrance Mr Verlice." The man says. The huge oak gate doors open and give us a full view of the castle. It's beautiful.

At the front stands a man and woman who look as straight as ever. The woman has soft features and thick lips, her milky skin complements her dark make up on their eyes along with the red lipstick.

The man has long straight hair with piercing green eyes. His stare is intently on Christian. As soon as Christian gets out of the car, he holds the woman closer. They must have a history. I follow him and Shane's action before he decides to open the door for me. I want to make a cool entrance too!

Same as Christian, Shane comes up to me and holds me close to him. He starts to suck in my scent as he tries to calm himself. He really does hate this place.

We head towards the man and woman on the entrance of the place.

"Brandon," Shane acknowledges the man, he says with a lot of formality, I'm not used to him like this.

"Alpha Shane, Beta Christian and ladies. King Holden asked to have a word with you two first," He says refering to Shane and Christian. What? Why? "My mate is to escort the two ladies."

"No, that's not happening." I say out loud, I didn't mean to but I don't regret it.

The man's eyes are quick to change as he looks at me with annoyance. I don't like you either sir.

"You heard her, that's not happening." Christian says.

Shane sounds oddly silent.

"It's the king's orders."

"And I'm telling you we are not separating." Shane finally says.

He looks straight into my eyes as if challenging me. The hate is visible in his now crimson eyes. The woman touches his arm softly as if to calm him. I'm guessing she's his mate. On another note, if he wants to get down all he needs to do is ask.

Finally his eyes changed back to their colour and his posture now relaxed he says, "Very well, this way." They start to guide us inside.

"Creepy as shiizz." Jane whispers to me, I chuckled at her. Christian looks at us and smiles a little before it faded.

We enter a huge room that looks to be like an office. There is a couch and a desk with an office chair behind it.

"He will be in shortly." The man says before he leaves.

"Do you two have some unfinished business Christian?" Jane asks. I guess she noticed the glares they gave each other too.

"It's complicated." Christian replies not looking at our direction. Mhh weird.

Shane sits on the sofa looking very relaxed now. I guess he didn't trust the other vampires and now that we're alone he can calm down.

The door opens and in comes my hotty friend with his hair wet and his eyes looking red. I wonder what he was doing.

"Oh how I love the smell of dog." He says strutting in the room.

"Holden." Shane mumbles more to himself. I think Jane and I will suffer from the testosterone rising today.

"Zhavi!" He says as I get up to hug him but a hand pulls me back. I look at Shane with annoyance. Really?

"Really?" He doesn't let go as his hands still have a tight grip on my waist. Is this him not liking Holden as a vampire or is his jealous side having bad timing. His eyes are focused more on my friend who's eyes are now back to their usual calm ocean blue.

"We're not here to hug." He says still not letting go. Why is he acting controlling?

I stop fighting him and look to his eyes. He looks back, I don't know where we are trying to dominate each other or what but we stay there and he can see how pissed I am at him.

"I'll stop talking to you." I say folding my arms. He looks at me for a moment before he sees that I'm not playing. He mutters a "fine" before he let me go.

"I'm glad you're okay shorty." I quickly remove him from me. Little prick. I'm tall enough, he's just a giant.

"So?" I say trying to ease the thick tension.

"So we get to the reason for being here, wait who is she?" He refers to Jane.

"We're here for Zhavi not her." Christian was quick to chime in.

"It's a crucial matter so keeping the circle small is the aim." Holden raised.

"She's my sister, I trust her." I say before the two go at each other.

"Since when?" He questions. I don't reply not wanting to explain.

"We'll explain later. She's his mate, we can trust her. Plus Zhavi may need the emotional support." Shane says. What huh?

"Emotional support?" I ask in confusion.

Holden just sighs before he leans on his desk.

"It's about your mother Zhavi." He says leaning against the table and crossing his arms making his huge bicepts flex under his black v-neck shirt.

My mood changes at the mention of my dead mother

"What about my mother?" I ask him. He and Shane look at each other for a moment.

"She's alive, and she isn't what you think.." Holden continues.

I don't get it. I mean I do get it but what are they talking about? That's not possible no. I look at them trying to find any humour in their words but no. They are serious.

"What do I not think?" I want to tell him that he is nuts because my mother is gone but I want to know more.

"Your mother.. hated your father so he tricked him into thinking she was killed. He saw a scene that was but an illusion created in his mind." Okay that doesn't sound realistic.

"Oh now that's just stupid." I say rolling my eyes. My mother loved father, why would she marry him and have kids? Why would she hurt him? She doesn't even have powers.

"It's true Zhavi, your mother isn't superhuman like you, she's not human." Shane comments. I'm confused.

"My mother- where is my brother in all of this then since you know so much?" My anger is starting to build up at this.

"She actually let him die, he wasn't her son." Okay they have the wrong person.

"Haha funny, that right there just shows that you have the wrong person." I say getting on my feet.

"Zhavi we need you to keep an open mind." Shane follows my actions.

"No because you're freaking loco. ¡No intentes joderme la mente!" I practically raise my voice they can't tell me my life was a lie. I'm still trying to keep calm while processing this.

"Tell me more. There's more isn't there?" Holden nods.

"She wants you. She's looking for you and wanted me to convince you into trusting her." Holden says.

"Why?" I ask trying to ignore the series of other questions in my mind.

"Do you know about the Snow Queen?" Snow Queen? Oh yeah that was an American problem. I don't know where she went.

"Yeah."

"She's her daughter, your grandmother." More family surprises.

"She worked with some wolves who hate your father to make him feel the pain she felt when he never showed her love until she gave birth." So now we had to suffer?

"What does she want with me then? How can someone fake her death, get her supposed step son killed in front of her own daughter and want my trust? What reason does she have for me not to actually kill her?" My voice sounds a little broken than it should be.

I feel Shane rubbing my back trying to calm me down. Holden's eyes follow his hand. He seems hurt but my focus isn't there.

"I don't think she wants your trust rather what you hold in you." Holden continues.

"What is that?"

"Your powers.." he says.

Say what now?

~

Hey fellow lovely readers. Looks like Zhavi has finally found out about her roots. What is to come in the next chapter? Find out more!

Pleas vote and comment ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...
4M 141K 70
(Update: 2/25/19- This story was original called Alphas Red. Noticing there is so much to be added to this novel. I've decided to make it into a seri...
16.4K 2.3K 43
Juliette settled into a new reality. Her friends are werewolves, well except for Ryker she doesn't know what species he is. He is still following he...
235K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...