the DEVIL [JJK+KTH]

By Jayniel_ezra

[Book 1 + Book 2 included] Taehyung certainly had a lot to do as a Detective but summoning the Devil with a s... More

Disclaimer
|Sneak Peak|
|Character Description|
|1| That's a Cursed Sandwich
|2| A Deal with the Devil
|3| Delusional Theatrical Playboy
|4| Would never Lie to You
|5| Ain't no fingers for ya
|6| The Demon's on loose
|7| Don't like you
|8| The Devil's come to play
|9| Moustache, Baldy and Dicaprio
|10| Black Baccara Roses
|11| Let's Bang-kinda Date
|12| Birthday Bashed Head
|13| Homophobia, a vibe Killer
|14| Chase-down, Get-away kiss
|15| Smurf Powder's got quality
|16| Unanswered Questions
|17| Quite a bit of a Charmer
|18| Speak the name of the Devil
|19| He bites to the Bone
|20| Classy Pervert
|21| An Angel's Questionnaire
|22| A Master, a Servant
|23| Detective Kim's a little too chatty
|24| That would make the two of us
|25| Did he just run away?
|26| Temptation, as sweet as his skin.
|27| Hangover ain't all that pretty
|28| The Devil's Treasure
|29| Let's have a bit of a sexy time
|30| He, with the Cerulean eyes
|31| Jealousy, as calm as Juno's blood
|32| Take No Refunds!
|33| Little bit of a pickle
|34| Partners no more
|35| Master of spontaneous dumb choices
|36| Sweet Dreams, Detective Kim
|37| Selfish Desires aids none
|38| A Reunion of unlikely sorts
IMPORTANT NEWS YALL OMG
|39| A mistake over a mistake
|40| Only Human
|41| Pray for the Sinner
|42| A Pied Piper's tune
|43| Prayers for an Answer
|44| Thirteen
|45| In your arms, there I lay Dead
|46| Red blossoms in a Swallow's nest
|47| A Golden chalice to lips of Ember
|48| The Art of chasing Tainted dreams
|49| Miss me in Secret
|50| The Return of the King
|51| The Raven of the Night
|52| The Citadel under Sea
|53| The Devil is a nosy man
|54| No Touch
|56| A hunger to Satiate
|57| A Test to Prevail
|58| The prodigal son returns
|59| An ugly neighbour from Hell
|60| God rest ye merry Gentlemen
|61| The Enemy under Floorboards
|62| More Beautiful than Dawn itself
|63| The Beginning of the End
|64| Heart lay naked, for your eyes to see
|65| The one that is more human
|66| He who herds the Sheep to Hell
|67| The Chrysalis of the Dead
|68| Blood in His teeth, He smiles so sweet
|69| Only the Fool loves
|70| A prisoner of His will and a slave to one's own desire

|55| Caviar be damned

5.9K 330 336
By Jayniel_ezra

Chapter 55: Caviar be damned

__________________________________________

A/n: Helllooooo

I know I said this would be 2k word limit as a pt2 of the previous chapter but then I tossed it away and turned it into a whole 6k word count full chap cause I'm a material gworl like that—

Ahaha don't skip this chapter.

Recommended music:
•Prelude in C# minor -Audiomachine (this song is like a constant theme for this book lol)

• Lips on Lips - Tiffany Young (for the second half of this chapter all the way to the end of it)
__________________________________________

Orange had swallowed the skies, the clouds puffed like ruffled feathers. The air was crisp, blowing north and bristling bleeding blossoms of Spring. Dusk drew in closer as did the Dark Night, like a familiar guest that shouldn't be invited.

The dark veils quickly trapped what was left of the last rays of the Sun and a figure swooped below, graceful at the tips of toes. The deep colored robe hid away the unfettered strong wings under the layers, letting little to no divinity spilling out.

The Silver Angel glanced back at the vast Skies, eyes gleaming with a shade of deep gold and then turned away, walking out of the alley, with clothes and a face of disguise no different than any passing mortal. Bones morphing and and frame growing taller to impersonate a stranger.

The streets were loud, echoing, but not quite. There was not one who stopped to stare at the Immortal who had blended amidst the crowd.

The distance remained short, legs drawn to pick bigger footsteps. The Silver Angel stepped into the dilapidated establishment. The lights were flickering and the walls were of a dull shade of lime. The building reeked of age and mold— but a faint rancid scent seeping in through the walls remained even more stiffling.

The figure passed by the sleeping mortal man on the register and walking straight up the stairs and down the short aisle of the third floor. There wasn't a hint of life in the gloomy hallway, the lights continuing to flicker in desolation.

The Silver Angel stopped outside a shut door, the putrid scent far more stronger than it was before.

Eyes, holding no emotions– the Silver Angel clasped onto the knob and opened the door, stepping into the eeiry dark of the room.

The All-Seeing golden eyes, despite the fake skin of disguise remained- cautious and not completely at ease. The Silver Angel, never is.

Although the room seemed empty, the rancid smell hadn't died out. Clicking tongue, the Silver Angel flicked his wrists, and a sizzling thin white blade- almost as thin as the spine of an arrow slipped out of his sleeves.

A slash in the wind and curtains ripped, as did the furniture that burst into splinters.

A 'creak' arose from the behind and the figure slashed in the direction, the movement as smooth as fluid and the wardrobe cut open halfway through, revealing another figure who slumped out falling flat onto the ground.

"Ah... as merciless as ever my fellow Divine conspirator—" The figure rasped out, peeking up at the Silver Angel with red irises.

"Go a little easy on this one." The Demon chuckled, sitting up with his back against the wardrobe.

"You were late." The Silver Angel bit out icily.

The Demon huffed and looked up, his face finally visible to the eye. Hair matted against the blanched face, with eyes glowing deep red.

HyunHo sneered, canines showing through "as you see.." he paused, chest heaving "I came across a little bit of a predicament." He replied, moving his hands away to reveal a nasty wound on his shoulders and abdomen, that bled of tar, staining the skin with purple-black veins pressing against his deathly pale skin.

The Silver Angel tilt his head, eyes going back to HyunHo's face as the Demon reclasped his wounds with his hands, faintly shaking.

"You're impatient." The Silver Angel comments, unimpressed

Hyunho smiles, devoid of humor "so are you."

The Silver Angel doesn't reply.

The Demon sneers, mocking until he's picked up and flung across the room.

The Silver Angel stalks upto the Demon who struggled on the floor, panting and gasping. Hands draw out to the collar and the Demon's pinned to the wall.

"Your little show is nothing compared to what He imposed upon me..." HyunHo grins, blood running down his lips and chin.

The Silver Angel grits teeth, knuckles turning white around the collars "your impatience will ruin everything."

The Demon continues to smile, teeth and lips all bloodied.

"Cut me some slack, afterall aren't we all a bit curious now?" HyunHo licks his own lips and the blood with it.

Disgusted, the Silver Angel let's go of the Demon and steps aside. Hyunho steadies himself against the wall and pulls his weight to his feet.

"I thought I could succeed as well as before... but who knew that the mortal would run into my Lord just after I had cast out the veil... huh what a waste of my time" Hyunho hung his head low, sighing.

"This... was from the backlash?" The Silver Angel gestured, eyes glimmering gold yet holding no remorse.

Hyunho looked up and smiled "Ah, I'm just a meager Demon when it comes to the Tyrant of the Infinite hells. I cannot amount to his skills— that he can punish one even without them being before his sights..."

The Silver Angel shuffled away, lips pursed and then turned to look at the Demon. "You keep sabotaging this and I'll let the Warriors kill you."

"You don't fear i'll open my mouth?" Hyunho snaps back, a manic grin making its way up his lips.

"Fear, if only you'll have your tongue by then..." the Silver Angel threatens back. Flicking sleeves, the thin blade sheathed itself "Besides the Warriors heed to no one when set to seek blood— and definitely not words of a Demon"

"Merciless... you remind me of my home." Hyunho scoffs and proceeds to limp his way to a wooden desk.

Back facing the Silver Angel, the Demon continues to shuffle about the drawers, pulling tufts of cloth and bandages to wrap around his wounds.

"And speaking of sabotaging.... aren't you quite something to walk into my minsitrations hm?" The Demon peers back, hands busy. "I know, it was you who blocked the path to the tunnel, having my dearest meet your blade...."

The Silver Angel, lifts his gaze "your ministrations failed with it. The trial was done and gave no results. My mission remains the fallen one. There is no need to imply baseless bloodshed to it."

Hyunho turns around and scoffs, disbelieving "bloodshed? You make it sound like Mui is the tyrant himself who'd scourge the city if let out..." he clicked his tongue, eyes filled with amusement "the only bloodshed that would've come with that crazy hag is from herself..." Hyunho smiles, his eyes holding nothing discreet. It was open and vile, purely evil and arrogant, twisting through like sharp slices of knife. He grins "she bleeds very nicely..."

The Silver Angel grimaces at that, contemplating to draw his blade and get it over with this filth too.

"Your companions are caught, what is it that you intend to do henceforth?" An aversion.

The Demon shrugs at that "it is going as I planned... and my companions are just pawns to our goals. Their inability to escape is their own weakness..." he pauses, sneering at the Silver Angel "mortality falls short as it is, doesn't it? It just makes me hateful at their pointless struggle "

The Silver Angel's eyes narrow "there is no point in hating the weak."

"Hmm?" The Demon hums, calculative "I'm sure you hate that weak mortal of a Detective enough to throw a divine arrow at him."

The Silver Angel looks away "my point stays... it's only the Devil I'm after." A pause and then the Divine being looks at the Demon "and you don't seem overly fond of the mortal either... are you hateful over him too?"

HyunHo chuckles "hateful? No... curious is what I am." He walks around the room, gait in his posture "it makes you curious too, doesn't it? Makes you wonder what of a weak mortal as he, has the Heavens watching him, the Loyal Dog guarding him and the King of Infinite Hells embracing him all at the same time hm?"

"Makes you wonder if he's a liability or an asset..." HyunHo pauses and smiles brilliantly, canines showing to the other "afterall, you're already experimenting this... is this weak mortal man someone who could be used as a bait.... and to say you do not wish to take baseless bloodshed on your hands– that's a brutal scheme, I must say, I'm impressed."

The Silver Angel eyed a small trunk of shiny metal and bent down to pick the glinting scrap.

"Anyone who has taken a life, signed a contract with the Devil and walked into His chambers, is barred from seeing the Silver Gates... I'm just doing my work, using his fruitless sinning body in return of having him take part in eliminating evil to relieve him a bit of red on his ledger"

"You sure know how to talk..." the Demon scoffs, amused.

"My father has send plagues and misfortunes, all for in the name of greater good of all humanity, of his very own creations that bathed in blood. My mission, as much of a bloodbath it seems, is to purge the true Evil himself" The Silver Angel explains, lashes lowered peering into the shiny glinting scrap on his palm.

And all that is damned dares to walk Earth....

To avert the Judgement day.

The Silver Angel exhales.

Golden irises look back up, icy cold and fingers flick, to fling the shiny metal of a quarter from his palm.

The Demon swiftly catches the coin and eyes the Divine being, with careful eyes as the other passes by.

"Silver Angels lurk around the mortal– even this very morning... just as same as the Devil and the guard. So you better stop messing around if you wish to keep your Puny life... and Keep your demonic toys locked and out of sight." The Silver Angel instructs, annoyed "if this should come across mortals, I will dismember you myself."

Hyunho doesn't reply but stares in amusement as the Silver Angel drifts out of the room, leaving behind no shred of presence.

The grin on his lips recedes and the red in his eyes, glowers deep. He glares at the door some more, hatred bubbling up in his chest.

"Scum dog..." He curses at the disguised guest who had just departed.

Hyunho grit his teeth, nail digging into the cold metal's furnished smooth surface. The ridges deep under the press of his thumb. The fire in him blazing with anger, but not all that quite to consume him entirely.

There's time.

There's still time.

He spit to the floor to satiate the turmoil in his chest and then turned away, shredding his pretense of a weakling off, his brutal wounds that he'd kept up for the Silver Angel to see, quickly sticking up– not completely, but enough for him to not stagger around.

He slips the coin into his pockets and then throws his hands wide apart, casting out an incantation as the wall begins to bleed tar, making way for a murky tunnel that formed on his command. Hyunho ran a cold glance to the deserted room and then stepped into the enclosed paths, lighting up the apartment in flames.

The dark tunnel closed shut leaving the fire to erase traces of all that was left behind.

The Demon slipped out into a seperate murky alley, walls morphing into a gooey liquid to let him out and then disappearing just as soon it's job was done. Blares of emergency rang as fire brigades and ambulances zoomed past him in a blur.

Hyunho leisurely skipped his way out of the alley and to the street, a faint whistle leaving his lips— a hum that his poor little pawn hummed all day along.

The Demon turned to cast a glance at the ablaze building that arose with fierce orange and yellow. Puffs of black and ash engulfing the skies. He, stood amongst many other who stared at the sight in aghast— but a smile drew on his lips.

The image burned in his eyes, a vision, a sign. The taste, almost visceral... close, so close.

He pulls the hood over his head and then turns away from the chaos ignited by his hands... the chaos that is yet to be ignited by his hands.

And he then disappears into the crowd.

**********

Taehyung stared at the ceiling, the one particular crooked gap between many other white panels right overhead, irking him out.

He frowns and then sighs exasperated, averting his eyes from his point of distraction.

He picks up a pen from his desk and begins to fiddle it between his long slender fingers.

He has no choice but to wait for Jin to awake on his own. There isn't much possibility he'd even remember about the encounter with a Demon— hopefully, he wouldn't forget the material he was researching on....

Taehyung groaned and hung his head low.

Neither did Jimin nor the Angel he had met earlier that day know of this Demon.

But would Jungkook know?

Perhaps he should tell him— no.. insist him to check it.

Taehyung shut his eyes, remembering the series of terror events that took place on Hongdo Island. A golden arrow, few good inches away from his face. Flames of blazing blue and orange, razing everything in its path. And a figure amidst it all, with black mist swirling at His feet. Eyes cold. Face cold. No less than a stranger.

Taehgung shuddered, pressing a hand to his forhead.

Jungkook already has too much on his plate.

He sighed, leaning back into his chair.

Maybe he should try to pester Jimin instead.

He swirled leisurely around his chair, bored.

Do you wanna have dinner with me?

Taehgung paused abruptly with being reminded of the request.

He bit his bottom lip and slouched over his seat, digging the heels of his palm into his eyes, groaning.

The persistent reminder that if he'd give in to his desires, it'd cut down his very discreet, but desperate aspirations of wanting to continue meeting the ravenette by half to none made the Detective jump the ship.

He was okay with what they currently had....

This is fine.

He cannot be greedy, he reminded himself. He cannot want for more, lest he's willing to give it up all, once he steps over the threshold of a third.

He groans some more, awkward and discontent.

"T-Taehyung?" A meek voice calls out and the Detective quickly snaps out of it.

His eyes shoot open, widening and he springs out of his seat, disbelief splayed across his face.

"Jennie!" He exclaims, surprised "I– I didn't know you had returned. How are you doing?"

Jennie smiles with her lips pursed, a little shy. She licks her lips "Ah... I returned just this afternoon.. I'm doing fine as you can see..."  she shrugs a bit, an ID pinned to her cream colored sweater.

"Oh.. I see." Taehyung nods and then let's out a soft sigh "I'm glad to hear you're doing well..." he pauses "do you wanna walk around for a bit?"

Jennie nods and accepts the offer, walking side by side the taller man.

They walk in comforting silence, heading over to the small Cafe of stocked refreshments and snacks, near the main cafeteria.

Taehyung buys a cup of coffee for Jennie, for which she insists on paying, only to be prevented from doing so leaving Jennie to simply thank him in return, instead.

They settled to walk a little further from the noisy Cafeteria, thoughts passing by but no words come forth.

Silence stretched but it didn't make Taehyung feel uncomfortable, his thoughts occupied with other prepositions a certain raven haired man had crowded his mind with.

"I... I wanted to thank you." Jennie began, hands cupped around the coffee cup  "for saving me that night..." she confesses, eyes lowered and thumbs carefully nudging the cup.

"I didn't really think I'd make it alive... I thought that was the end of it..." she mumbles, her voice wavering "it was... terrible... parts of which I remember and it still unnerves me... and parts of which I wasn't awake for, makes me dread" she looks up, lips faintly trembling  "I have never been so scared... in my entire life..."

She smiles, faintly pink in her glazed eyes "thankyou...  I'm indebted to you for all my life.."

Taehyung smiles faintly "it wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the Department's efforts... you're crediting me way too much" He exhales, eyes soft "And I'm sure you would have done the same, if I were in your place.. there's no need for thankyou's in between."

Jennie's eyes twinkled, and hastily rubs a stray tear that escapes through her tight-held emotions. She sputters and chuckles awkwardly "I'm sorry.. I just— I'm just all over the place.."

Taehyung doesn't reply, letting the woman take her time readjusting her emotions.

"There no need for sorry's either..." Taehyung tilts his head, amusement faintly dancing in his eyes "definitely not for something like this."

Jennie's glazed eyes crinkle and her mouth falls open, to laugh out in a sweet melody, embarrassed yet reassured. Her fingers tread over to her lips, to hide away her smile.

"Its good to have you back Officer Kim." Taehyung speaks, his voice firm and respectful.

Jennie smiles at that, shy but warmth filling her chest.

She bows her head in a manner of respect towards her Senior, thanking him for his words.

They begin to walk in the same direction after that, Spring filling the night with cool air. Faint polite chatter, resumed between the two— going from the short leave given to the Officer and what she had done during the break to all the way to talking about her hometown.

The night was pleasant as it was and Taehyung came to a realization he enjoyed the younger Officer's presence. She kept her fair distance and didn't step into his personal space. It was easier to communicate too— well.. Jennie did most of the talking, but it worked fine.

"Ah... Detective Kim, I was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner?" She asked, when they drew in closer to the Entrance of the Department.

Her cheeks were faint red, the fingers of her idle hand digging into her side-sling purse. Nervousness chewing her up from the inside.

Taehyung overlooked all that Jennie displayed, not having paid close attention to her attributes previously. "Oh— uh, actually I already have plans for tonight—"

"Oh! Hah I see— sorry for—" She jumped, flustered and panicking.

"Perhaps we could grab di—" Taehyung paused, phone buzzing in his pockets. He fumbled around and pulled it out, frowning at his screen yet his teeth caught his bottom lip between it, breath caught with it "Speak of the Devil—"

He curses a little and then looks back at Jennie, something in his eyes had shifted. Had his eyes always been like this? So open? So expressive?

Jennie couldn't recall the last time she had seen such a sincere raw emotion dancing in the Detective's eyes.

He steps forth "excuse me for a bit. I have to take this call."

Jennie forces a smile on her lips and shakes her head "it's alright, go ahead. My brother's around— can't keep him waiting"

Taehyung nods "Goodnight Jennie. See you soon."

Jennie doesn't reply— or rather the Detective had already turned away by then, phone pressed to his ear.

Jennie walks down the short flight of stairs, faint pain blooming in her chest, tugging at her feelings.

She walks further away, her mind on the man whom she had admired for so long. She looks back, glancing once more at the Department.

Her chest aches but she holds her ground "Alright. It's off Detective Kim. I'm breaking up with you." She sniffles, her heart growing heavier.

"Your loss." She mumbles, her lips forming a pout and eyes glazing over once more. But she turns away as soon as when feels her eyelids grow heavy.

"Ah— Jennie! You stupid Girl!" She curses into the wind, looking towards the sky to hold back her tears. "Stupid! Stupid! Stop crying over men!!" She scolds herself, stiffly walking.

She turns her gaze back to the ground, feeling much lighter after having vent out her disappointment on rejection.

There's somebody for everyone.

Jennie knows there's somebody for her out there as well. Maybe not somebody named Kim Taehyung... but that was okay too.

She exhales and huffs a smile, a little hopeful.

It was nice.

Even Detective Kim seemed to have that somebody.

*********

Taehyung pointedly glared, holding no remorse whatsoever with his gaze.

The pristinely set table was neatly laid with aligned cuisine dishes— that Taehyung couldn't quite name or understand how such small portions were even supposed to be considered as meal for something that was so ridiculously expensive.

The tufts of roses in the vase, glared right back at his face.

As did the candles.

"Why is it that you're unhappy, Detective Kim?" A smooth, voice rolled out. Teasing and amused.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, and focused on the roasted salmon, caviar and aubergine, with lemon dill cream sauce served on the platter.

Taehyung carefully warded the caviar off the salmon, and unceremoniously plopped the roasted fish meat into his mouth— delicacy ethics and silverware manners be damned.

"You're not going to tell me?" Jungkook prods, pressing his lips to the napkin before looking up.

"What's up with the candle light dinner setting?" Taehyung narrows his eyes.

Jungkook smiles amicably, "I realized I haven't treated you out to something nice yet, figured its never too late."

The Devil peers down into the Detective's plate "I see you're not too fond of Caviar."

Taehyung's tongue prods to the back of his teeth "too gamey"

Jungkook hums at that "I see, I'll have the chef adjust to your tastes then."

"Its alright. I'm not all that hungry." Taehyung waives the offer in dismissal and leans back into his cushioned seat. He holds the neck of his wine glass and twirls it around, the yellowish-clear white wine sloshing at its base.

Taehyung lofts his hand and takes a swig, swallowing the last bit of the nutty flavored rich wine in one go. He stares at the empty glass and then looks up, when he notices the Devil slip out of his seat.

Jungkook picks up the wine bottle set on table and approaches him, eyes fixated on him.

Wordlessly, Jungkook picks the empty glass from Taehyung's hand and then tilts it, pouring glimmering golden white liquor into it from the bottle.

"Louis Latour Pouilly Fuisse Chardonnay... borne from Mâconnais, a setting of beautiful landscapes and finest handpicked grapes." Jungkook explains, holding out the glass for the mortal to take. "I see you like the wine atleast..."

Taehyung takes the glass, turning his head to the clear glass window where the concrete jungle met his eyes, specks of light pouring out of miniscule windows, several feet above the ground, same as their own. A secluded private dinner setting, of a 5 star restaurant Taehyung hadn't ever batted an eyelid at before— now remained right above his head and underneath his feet as he dined.

The mortal lifts the glass to his lips, taking a small sip and then looks back at the raventte.

"Its not bad."

Jungkook keens at that and leans against the table, looking down at the Detective who sipped the oaky white wine in small sips.

"You seem to have a lot going in your mind.... perhaps you could implore a little"

Taehyung looked back up and then sighed softly "its nothing..."

Jungkook hummed, tilting his head lower "Hmm? It is at these moments I wish the most I could pry words out of you..."

Taehyung scoffs, not all that amused "You're speaking your thoughts outloud. Keep it wrapped in."

Jungkook laughs, unabashed "Alright, as you say Detective Kim" He chuckles "but do indulge me, you'd feel much better with your thoughts lighter."

"I'm thinking about the Reaper... Jin... and some other bits..." Taehyung confesses, leaving out the particularly worrying bits.

Jungkook sighs "it's okay to let others who are responsible to take up these tasks. You do not have to be thinking about it the whole day instead of their places" he pauses, and then smiled faintly "You could only do so much as you can... and you've done well Detective Kim." The Devil praises, his tone sincere.

Taehyung stiffens at the praise, breath caught in his chest. He clicks his tongue, feigning annoyance and lowers his gaze, so as to not let the other know how easily he's affected. "What are you sugar talking me for?"

Jungkook grin widens at the Detective's futile attempts of wanting to hide away his shy face. "Sugar talking?" he teases "I'm being purely rational here, Detective Kim...." he licks his lips to stiffle away the laugh that pits closer to his throat "Say, Detective Kim are you saying so because you hoped for something else for tonight's plans— afterall I did say that I was in–"

Taehyung doesn't let the Devil complete his sentence, sending a cold glare to effectively shut him up.

"I'm just teasing you. No need to be all guarded up—" Jungkook offers a peace treaty, taking the wine glass from the Detective's hand "ofcourse it was a dinner plan. I'm not assuming anything."

He lifts the glass to his lips and takes a sip, eyes twinkling with mischief.

Taehyung narrows his eyes at the raventte, clealry seeing through the persistent teasing.

"You're doing it again." He remarks, in regards of having his drink stolen. Again.

Jungkook mumbles an innocent, 'Oh?' and peeks at the remaining white wine in the glass. Wordlessly, he takes a swig and smiles at the mortal man, who looks at him— baffled.

And the Devil dives, swiftly before Taehyung could let another word in his lips are mushed against another pair. A hand caresses his cheek and the other clutches onto his shoulder.

Taehyung squirms, muffled voice leaving his throat.

They're in a public space!!! Maybe there isn't anybody in their private room— but he's sure there must be a camera somewhere and Jungkook really

Taehyung felt his brain shut down when he felt– tasted a floral oak textured liquid seep onto his tongue and then down his throat.

He grabs onto the lapels of Jungkook's coat, pupils blown wide. Bits of the white wine escaped his lips, dribbling down his chin and falling straight onto his pants. Careless, he kissed— or whatever this mess was called, as the Devil fed him wine through his mouth. Taehyung was mostly rattled and confused, not knowing what he should be doing— with himself and his heart.

The scheming raventte, however smiled into the kiss, teeth clacking and nibbled on the mortal's lips, painting them red.

Taehyung squirmed, at the sensation of prickling pain at his lips and his throat searing all at the same time.

"You—!" Taehyung rasped when they parted for air, his face flushed red.

The Devil stepped back to admire his doing, the ruffled hair, the reddening blush, the angered yet debauched line of sight and those parted abused lips with chin glistening— Detective Kim looked like someone who was taken advantage of.

What a beautiful mess.

Jungkook caressed the Detective's chin, dazed at the sight as he smeared the wine and saliva all over, burning the image into his brain— a similar image overlapping with it– a fantasy, on Jungkook's part, but a gilded fantasy nonetheless.

"I always wanted to do that..." he breathes out hot and heavy, drunk from his sinful thoughts.

Taehyung frowns, embarrassed "I said keep your thoughts to yourself!!"

The Devil chuckles, warmth emanating out of him "I apologize for that Detective Kim...." His pressed his fingers around the angled chin, lifting his thumb, he caresses the Detective's bottom lip gently.

"You always do something ridiculous when I'm about to ask you something serious!" Taehyung replies angrily, suddenly hyperaware the way his body was heating up.

Is it the temperature of the room?

Or the alcohol?

"You're always free to ask me, Detective Kim. But it is you who does not ask me what should be asked..." the Devil shrugs and experimentally prods his thumb into the unsuspecting mortal's mouth.

Taehyung's eyes widens, feeling the flat of the thumb press against his tongue, pushing it further below.

"Go on... ask me Taehyung." He purrs.

Helpless and shocked, Taehyung freezes all over– that he almost regrets having let the Devil speak his name. Even if the name rolls off nicely from Jungkook's tongue, it comes off sounding like more of a command than it should, making Taehyung heed at his toes, knees crumbling and head spinning with his heart jumping up to his throat.

Such a simple thing- uninteresting even, a name– was nothing but an unknown force of power in the Devil's skillful ministrations.

Jungkook removes his thumb from the mouth and proceeds to coat the Detective's top lip with the saliva, glossing it all over.

"You– you– you're truly shameless!" Taehyung stammers, chest heaving.

Delighted, Jungkook laughs "only a pervert can ignite a pervert Detective Kim."

Colors fly across Taehyung's face, his thin face falling apart underneath the constant teasing.

"You– fine I'll ask you! You better tell me the truth!" Taehyung zeroes his gaze on the raventte.

"This morning— that thing you pulled out from my skin, what was that? Even on the night of Reaper's arrest– you did the same" He questions, eyebrows drawn close.

Jungkook leans back "Ah.... that's somebody with bad intentions trying to curse you, drain you— not fatal, but it'd certainly make you weak. Today's was a notch higher, unlike the other one that took weeks to manifest"

Taehyung blinks, a shudder running through his body.

"And what of the Demons?" Taehyung quickly asks, before the raventte could conjure some other mischief.

Jungkook throws his hands up "who knows?— which reminds me I should see what Namjoon is upto lately"

"And that night at Hongdo Island? What about the things that happened there?!" Taehyung was eager now.

"Oh that? Someone attacked you, preferably someone from my detestable siblings in hopes of seeing what recation would that rouse in me" Jungkook casually replies without batting an eyelid.

Taehyung stares, dumbfounded at the bluntness of the words "you said it was nothing serious!!!" He screeched.

Jungkook chuckles nervously "well, I just steered away from the important bits—"

"A whole lie!" Taehyung exclaims.

Jungkook rolls his eyes at that, wanting to give some piece of mind but firm hands grip his wrists.

"What else have you been hiding from me— things that I should have long known— What other lies are there?!" He questions, not letting go of the one in a million chance that he was given.

Jungkook stared at the mortal wide eyed, throat prickling. Oh this was not good.

He has to either smother the Detective or decieve him with some other tactic, to make him forget about his little tell-the-truth expedition.

"No— look at me— don't look away. Since when you've been hiding things? For someone who oaths to tell the truth, you lie on the most serious matters Jungkook! When was the first time you lied to me????"

Jungkook doesn't meet his gaze, wanting to twist away— but he didn't want to hurt the mortal in the process , so he stayed still.

Until something flashed by his mind and Jungkook's eyes flung open. He peered down at the Detective with amusement etched onto them.

"Do you really wish to know Detective Kim?" He preened, his grin growing wider— "do you really, Detective Kim? I am not accountable for what it may entail"

Like a prey stepping into a predator's den— Taehyung felt he should stop right here and never ask about it ever again.... but there wouldn't be another chance, definitely not anytime soon.. Taehyung knew this too.

"Just tell me!" Taehyung snaps.

Jungkook's purses his lips and then opens it " I have warned you Detective Kim..." he pauses, waiting to see whether the Detective would back away but the steady determination on his face convinces the Devil otherwise.

Smirking, he continues "the first time I lied to you, was at Daegu, your hometown—"

Taehyung frowns. What was there to be lied something about?

"—And that night, you totally and completely jumped me."

Taehyung forgets how to breathe, as if a bucket of icy cold water had been dunked over his head.

Jungkook, taken no hint– or rather ignores, the hint and continues without holding anything back "Not like I minded— but Detective Kim that was one of the hottest thing I have seen you do. You had pushed me over and pinned me to the bed—"

"Enough!-" Taehyung scrambled at his wits end, only to be duly ignored in return.

"...and climbed up over me and rubbed yourself against my crotch like there was no tomoorow—"

"Enough! Stop!!" Taehyung cries out, shooting up from his seat, frantic at the words being spill. Shame painting him in different vibrant shades of red.

"All the while kissing me breathless, moaning and rutting—" Jungkook's words fell short when a hand slapped against his lips in efforts of shutting him up.

"Shutup... please!" Taehyung begged, his face contorting between horror and embarrassment. "Whywhy you— why didn't you tell me— no why didn't you push me away?! No this can't be possible— I wasn't that drunk, was I?–"

The Devil smoothly held the mortal's hand and unclasped it from his mouth. He smirked wickedly and then shrugged "who knows?" He leans in close, gripping the cool hand and then slightly tilts his head to press his lips against the slender fingers. Eyes, not once moving away from the Detective's. He continues, "this poor victim of yours had no choice but to enjoy it—"

Taehyung lurches and yanks his hand back, as if singed by hot metal.

He sputters and wheezes, not wanting to believe a single word.

Ashamed and angry at himself, Taehyung whirls around and begins to stomp towards the exit. Jungkook's delighted laugh echoing behind him.

That bastard—

No— me... I'm the bastard—

"Are you running away again Detective Kim?" The Devil teases, his tone sugar sweet, dripping with amusement.

Taehgung speedwalks to the door. If he's going to spend another second in here, he was sure he'd take the easier way to the ground floor and that's by jumping out of the window.

"YES!" He barks.

Shitty Caviar delicacies be damned.

______________

______________

Author's Note:

I refuse to let a fictional character have a good night's sleep without being reminded of their top 10 most embarrassing moments of their lives before sleep would lull them.

If I can't escape it, who am I to let other's escape MWAHAHAHAHA SUFFER WITH ME DETECTIVE KIM.

Note that all of these events, including the ones from the previous chapter occur on the same day/night.

Yeap it's a long day— or rather.... a long night?¿👀

Anyway, this Author has recovered— the medication suCKED. But oh well, like I had said— I refuse to let the pandemic win over me. 😌👌

_______

Author: Hello! Welcome back to the Two braincells talkshow and I'm your host, the Author.

*applause cause duh—*

Author: ..and tonight we have the fan favorites of The Devil— let's give it up for Jimin and Detective Jung Hoseok everyone!!!!

*Music and spotlights, Cue.   You better be clapping.*

Jimin: *chuckling* it's been a while, since I heard that. Fan favorite.

Author: *laughs* well it's the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Jimin: you remind me of a specific someone.

Author: *laughs* I suppose I could say, I'm honored— anyway, Detective Jung, this is your first time on Television. How does that feel like?

Hoseok: ah... well... since I'm the portrayal of— the possibly only sane person on the show, I must say— my life is very hard.

Jimin: for a sane person you're not really that smart.

Hoseok: *huffing* oh yes, forgive me for my mortal skills.

Jimin: *rolls his eyes* yeah yeah atleast I'm not the one trying to lure the Devil into church and trying to kill him with a gun— you didn't even dip that shit into holy water.

Hoseok: *gasps* that would have worked???

Jimin: *averting his gaze* you did not hear that from me.

Author: I'm not sure about killing, but that would have made the Devil mad for real—

Hoseok: so I'd be pissing my pants on screen anyway— thanks.

Author: *laughs in assurance* no no  that was very manly of you Detective Jung. As a mortal, I completely relate to you on that one.

Author: So Jimin, a lot of people are very much curious about your backstory and your– relationship with the Devil. Perhaps you could shed some light on it?

Jimin: *deadpanning on the camera* Hellfire and bloodshed. And my relationship with Jungkook is like having a fourth wife. Attached, but I really can't stand the sight of him—

Hoseok: .....

Jimin: what?

Hoseok: you choked me to death for this fourth wife of yours.

Jimin: *rolls his eyes* don't be so dramatic. Be glad I didn't gouge your pretty eyes instead.

Hoseok: eek—!! I completely understand why Dr Min listens to Punchin' bag by Cage the Elephant on repeat— I'm totally with him.

Jimin: *sneering* ofcourse you are, more sandbags for me–

Author: *interrupts, waving hand* HA HA! ALRIGHT!!— Anymore of this and this episode isn't going to air!!!

Author: Let's end this here for tonight before it goes downhill! Until next time, Have a good night everyone!!!

_____________

LOL.

Let me in on your theories, I love them haha.

(And there are like so many easter eggs lying around,  yall are close— but nobody yet has connected the dots completely. Hsjsks a little more patience and it will all fall in place😍🤧💔)

Thanks for all the love and patience♡

Stay safe everyone...

Love,
J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 309 11
Ever since Y/N is little, all the people around her always die. She started to think that she has a curse. One night, a mysterious young man saved h...
237K 9.1K 30
|| Status : β˜‘|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" γ€ŠWARNIN...
104K 3.7K 43
Namjoon: prince of werewolves Taehyung: prince of vampires Seokjin: orifiel/ angels who protect the forest Yoongi: death J hope : guardian angel...
34.4K 1K 45
This book will soon be filled with Taekook oneshots that I hope you all enjoy. Feel free to request. This book mainly contains angst stuff. ━━━━━━...