Tranquility beyond

By Tangotkt

A long time ago when the cold blooded King and the shape shifter King had made peace with each other having h... More

Tranquility Beyond
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 16

194 23 1
By Tangotkt

Shane's POV

I am currently monitoring my warrior's training session. I have to admit they've improved over the week considering I let Lydia be the only one to train them. Usually I train with her but since Zhavi closed her eyes, I couldn't do anything but bury myself into my office work.

"Alpha, they have been making sure to train everyday in the morning and afternoon to make sure there is no repeat of what happened that night." Lydia informs me as she comes to stand by my side.

"I can see." I reply to her keeping my eyes on the arena.

"I hope I'm not overstepping, but I would like to know how you're holding up." She says, her voice now sounds softer.

I move my eyes from the arena to her, my feelings are neutral now, I don't know whether her question irritates me or I'm happy she's concerned.

"She woke up today but we're not on best terms. I'd rather not dwell on it."

"She woke up?" She beams at that. I leave her with her excitement and she calls Raven too. I guess they missed her, of course they did.

I so foolishly almost hurt my mate because I needed someone to blame. I'm completely aware that Zhavi wants to get on my good side and show me how much she cares for me. The problem with that is she is willing to risk her life doing it, I already fear what's coming with Zaralena. I do not want to think about a damn venom in her system.

I didn't miss the fear I saw in her eyes when my wolf resurfaced. I know Zhavi and I never thought she would show fear. That day when those hunters tried to attack me, her expressions were showing anything but fear. Her heart rate was normal but at the same time she was analysing the moves of the people behind her "hunter friends" more than mine or Holden's. I've been thinking about that a lot and I came to a conclusion that she was trying to protect me from them.

"Zhavi's eyes changed to a lighter shade of ocean blue and she was making sounds of pain for almost three minutes." Christian mindlinks me while I'm busy lost in my head.

"Is she okay now?" I can feel the panic rising to my chest. This could only mean one thing...

"She's fine, surprisingly she smiled but something is definitely not right." We need to go see Holden right away.

I don't want to flood my mate's mind so I decide it's better if I talked things through with her before I drop this huge bomb tomorrow when we go see Holden. I don't want him here, most of my wolves were very nervous to have the Vampire King here.

* * *

The rest of the day goes by as fast as I admit I wanted. I need to speak to my mate. My bedroom is currently being renovated again since me and Christian crashed it. I admire how Christian doesn't mind me using him as a doll to let out all of my anger but I know it's not right. My mother doesn't know because I wouldn't hear the end of it.

I head to a room on my floor that is furthest from my original bedroom.

The last floor is only for me and my mate, only a few people come there and even so, my family stays on the 6th floor below mine. They understand, my mate and I need our privacy.

I don't pass by the kitchen because my wolf will want to go to his mate and drag her up with us. I still need a bath before I go to my mate so I take the long route.

As soon as I finished my shower, I mindlinked Christian to ask if she knows where Zhavi is, he told me he was on border patrol so no. I mindlinked Lydia instead and she told me they were watching some movie in the screening room.

I started walking to the elevator and for some reason I couldn't help but get nervous. As soon as I'm on the second floor my wolf starts to feel excited. That intoxicating Vanilla and winter breeze scent invades my nostrils. My legs involuntary start walking fast. I need my mate..

As soon as I enter the room, I notice only the girls are present. I don't know what Ginger might be doing but I know Greyson went to see his mate too. It's only two hours before dinner and my mother will want everyone to be back by then. So it's a lot of time to argue and then make up with my mate.

Her beautiful brown orbs stare straight at me catching me off guard. She looks sad. I've upset mate.

Little dipwit.

My wolf insults me. He insulted me? You're the one who wanted to hurt her,

I'd never hurt mate and besides why did you let me take control?

I am not arguing with this dog because I'm not in the mood. He wants to annoy me. This is not the time.

I start walking up to her beautiful brown frame. I admire my mate so much. She makes the colour brown very interesting to look at, her hair, her face, her eyes and her skin. Perfection. I think my new favourite colour just might be brown. Yeah that's right. I'll decorate my bathroom brown.

She is on high alert now and I can tell she's not sure what to do. As soon as I am in front of her, I extend my hand for her to take.

"Can we talk?" I say trying to sound as soft as I can so I won't scare her away.

Now I know Zhavi is anything but soft, she is strong hearted, brave, she speaks her mind and expresses herself but after she woke up, she's been different. Like a cute little kid. I think it's adorable honestly because I'm sure the old her would've challenged my wolf as soon as he made his presence known.

"Of course." She quickly says taking my hand and giving her popcorn to Raven. I can feel Raven is nervous with having the three of us in the same room. I can only guess why.

"I want us to take a walk, is that okay with you?"

She hesitates for a moment before she nods.

We take the elevator to the first floor and then we make our way to the fountain surrounded by the castle.

"Wow.." My mate's sweet and soft voice blends with the cool wind of the night. It's winter but the snow hasn't fallen yet but the sun is very quick to hide at this time of the year.

"You like it?" I ask her and her eyes snap from the beautifully lit fountain to me.

"Yes it's amazing. Nothing like I've seen before." I see a small grin plastered on her face. She is too easy to please.

"I'm sure we're not here to gawk at the fountain right?" She brings me back to earth. I wasn't gawking at the fountain.

"Yes, uh. Look I want to apologize for my behaviour this morning. I am more than happy to see you here, alive and breathing and beautiful as ever. I was mad and I took it out on you." I say taking a sit down the bench by the waterfall.

"I understand, my actions were careless. I realized that as soon as I saw the pointy arrow coming towards me." She gives a cute chuckle which I didn't laugh at just continued to stare and study her whole face.

"Sorry that wasn't funny." She says turning serious again. Wait no.

"No, no forgive me I was consumed in the beauty of your cute frackles." At this she gives me that beautiful pearly white fangy smile.

"Your actions were not careless Zhavi, you risked your life for someone who is more than important in the werewolf world and my life. You risked your life for the Queen mother. That earned you respect from so many of the Alphas that were present in the ball. Including Alpha Connor of which he is the one you were bothering, he came all the way from England." I tell her.

"Oh? Wait isn't that your Mum?" She asked her British accent sounding surprised. I nod answering her question.

"Oh my God I didn't know! So that's why she asked me if I didn't remember. Okay I thought the beautiful lady was playing tricks with me. By the way I met your brother too. He is..." She trails off, pretty sure trying to find a less mean name for Greyson which is rare. ".. somethiing." She finally says.

"That's one way to describe him." She starts to laugh at that. Moon Goddess knows I missed that laugh so much.

"Zhavi, there's something..you don't know about yourself and I need you to keep an open mind okay? Tomorrow we're visiting Holden and I will tell you everything there. Can you wait for that?" She nods in response. It's cute when she does that.

"You get along with Holden?" She asks me with great interest. I guess it is questionable.

"Only when you're involved pecas." And it's true. I don't mind doing anything to make sure she is happy. Even if I have to play happy with the vampire King.

Deep inside, part of me wishes Holden and I didn't have our rough past.

We stayed there and talked for a while until my mother mindlinked me to come back. She wouldn't miss.

The company with my mate was amazing, we made up and made out but hey I won't go to detail about that. As we are walking to the entrance my eyes keep traveling to her face. She is an epitome of perfection. Everything she does or say is perfect. She has this powerful aura around her. A strong female is ten times more attractive in our world. I see some of the workers gossiping looking at our direction, probably talking about our intertwined hands and kisses every once in a while. I don't care.

I noticed she is a little annoyed by them, she keeps giving them glares.

As much as I want to mindlink them to watch their damn business, I'm enjoying her jealousy, it makes me fill with excitement and pride. She likes being feared.

During our talk I filled her in with how things are in the werewolf world and the titles of the higher Ranks. It will help since today we are dining with the former Betas and Gammas of our pack. I assured my Queen she shouldn't feel little. She is my equal after all.

************************

Zhavi's POV

After my talk with Shane, I have felt a lot better. I hate feeling self cautious. I don't like the feeling of who thinks what about me because I've never had that before. I've always been like "whatever I don't care" but being here? I am more nervous than that squirrel on ice age trying to steal an acorn from his girlfriend.

Lydia and Jane helped me prepare while Raven sits reading a book by the side. Shane went to help Christian, something about boarder patrol.

"I think she's perfect." Jane says giving me a once over.

"Of course she is. Shane will go crazy." Lydia agrees.

I turn to Raven. "What do you think Raven?" She seems taken aback by my question. Didn't she expect me to ask?

"I'm not a makeup artist so I never even have an opinion." She shrugs.

"Because you have a besty that is." Lydia comments.

"Exactly."

"Well these two might turn me into a total Barbie doll and you my friend are the one who shares my personality. What do you think?" I know these two made a good job but bothering Raven seems fun. She's too reserved, even I'm not like that.

"Excuse me?" I can feel Jane give me an evil glare but I'm not looking at that death stare.

"Well... The make up does enhance your features, it looks natural. I love it." She smiles for the first time we've been here. I really do like her.

I'm glad I made her smile. And yes I love my makeup. My thick lips managed to pop while my eyes darken, in a good way. As usual, the first thing you'd notice are my visible frackles that apperantly Shane loves so much. It feels good to know that he loves my biggest insecurity. I even wonder if it's an insecurity now.

I am wearing a black sleeveless poloneck with black high waist navy jeans and over the knee boots. I look like I'm ready for a fight rather than a dinner. I hope it doesn't come to that because I'm super comfortable. I love how my huge curls are tied into a bun.

We leave my room and head for the lift. Most of them are wearing dresses and I refused to wear a dress unless it's some important ball type of shit because I know I have to prepare for that. I'm dating their king for Pete's sake. Wait a minute, we never confirmed we are dating so are we? What are we?

Deciding to ignore the question, I follow Lydia to the dining room. Apperantly it's close to the kitchen but my nose and my stomach guided me there so I didn't notice where I was going.

The moment we enter the room, all eyes were on us. Lydia leaves to take a seat beside Greyson while Jane takes hers next to her now I know to mate, Christian. I'm still in disbelief but I am mated to the King too so. Although I remember that night finding out they are mates.

I notice Raven going to sit by two teenage boys who couldn't even stop grinning since the moment they saw us enter. A little freaked but okay.

My handsomely God-given King comes to my side as he gives me his hand. He saw that I froze and didn't know what to do. It seems everyone in the table knows each other but me.

"Calm yourself pecas, I can hear your heartbeat from a mile away." Shane whispers into my ear.

I'm nervous? I did not notice! Oh my fiddle sticks! Calm yourself Zhavi. Remember you're with Shane, besides where's the Zhavi that doesn't care? You know what? Let me bring forth the Zhavi feels superior to all. I need to feel invincible.

"Welcome everyone, I'm happy we we're all able to make it this evening." Shane says still standing.

"You all are my closest and trusted family so I thought I should formally introduce you to my other half," He says looking at me with admiration. I can never get over that look. "This is Zhavi, my mate and my future Queen." He continues.

Everyone in the table claps their hands. The two couples come our way.

"My love I want to introduce you to our former Betas, Georgia and Rendall Carter, also Christian's parents." Shane says pointing to the beautiful couple before me.

I notice the man to have the exact same features as Christian accept his golden eyes. They're beautiful. The woman is also beautiful, her crimson coloured hair complements her beautiful grey eyes. She is wearing a dress that hugs her tiny figure matching her red hair. She looks like Melissa.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." I manage to utter those words after ogling the both of them.

"Yes, it is isn't it." The woman says snatching my hand before her husband takes it. Okay?

"Your aunt will make her presence known when she receives this information Shane." The man says obviously ignoring my greetings. I am not liking this couple.

"You do not address me by my name Rendall." Shane says in a voice deeper than his usual boyish behaviour. I know that voice, is that his wolfie thing? I feel his whole body temperature getting warm under my hand. He's getting angry.

I do the best thing I could think of, I turn his head to me hoping he would ignore these people. How are they Christian's parents? I get how they are Melissa's parents.

Surprisingly, it worked.

They stayed quiet after that. What is their deal?

The couple that now has managed to get on one of my nerves leaves to take their seats. Just as a blonde woman appears in my vision, I am engulfed in a huge bear hug.

"I am so happy he has found you. At least my daughter is not being in any forced marriage. Thank the moon Goddess above!" She says with a voice that sounds like she is about to cry.

"Mrs Paisley Young, and Mr Simon Young meet my mate. Zhavi, these are our former Gammas and Lydia's parents."

Lydia, wait forced marriage? I make a mental note to ask Shane about that later.

"Hi, how are you?" I say when the woman leaves my arms. Finally.

"Excuse my wife, she loves hugs." The man chuckled giving me his hand. See this couple is nice.

"It is such a pleasure to finally meet the one that took the King's heart." He says. I smile at him. I really like them.

The two teenage boys follow after them.

"Hi, I'm Luka and this is my brother Lucas. I'm the oldest." The blonde boy with blue eyes says shaking my hand.

"By only 1 minute," Lucas rolls his eyes. "By the way how old are you? Because I'm like 18-19-20?" Lucas says.

"He's 15!" Lydia shouts from the back.

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"Looks like you have competition." I say diverting my eyes to Shane. He only lifts an eyebrow at that.

"Of course he does." Lucas comments.

"These are Lydia's annoying siblings." Shane pulls me to him.

I laugh at his adorable boyish behaviour. Even though the energy from the table is very light, everyone seems to be enjoying the amazing dinner. I found out that Laveira was the cook, she's one of a kind.

"Are we going to pretend that this witch isn't a danger to our kind? The Lycans will intervene." All of a sudden red bursts out sending the whole room into silence. I call her red now because of her attitude and definitely her hair.

"Mind your tongue Beta." Laveira says in a calm voice. The energy in the room is quick to get thick. Shane's mother holds a sadistic yet innocent face.

"Mom no." Christian warns.

"Don't silence your mother boy!" Rendall defends her. "We are not pretending like this, this... thing won't turn against us!" He shouts looking at me with disgust.

Just as fast as I could blink, he was pinned against the wall.....

~

Hey lovies, we have come this far and I'm so happy!

Remember book 2 coming soon;)

Question time!

1. What do you think of the Carters?

2. How do you like the story so far? Share your views.

Don't forget to like and comment. XX 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 2.3K 43
Juliette settled into a new reality. Her friends are werewolves, well except for Ryker she doesn't know what species he is. He is still following he...
240 2 38
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...
1.5K 147 29
"I'll only ever love Hunter," Riley said to him, her tone firm as she boldly stared into his sinister gaze. He scoffed, beaming with confidence as he...
4M 141K 70
(Update: 2/25/19- This story was original called Alphas Red. Noticing there is so much to be added to this novel. I've decided to make it into a seri...