My second go at life // Orste...

By PirateQueen14

I thought finally I might have some kind of connection with her, so why did she do that? Why do I need to die... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chpater 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 9

465 30 3
By PirateQueen14

'A beast person!' Rudeus celebrated.

I went over with Norn in my arms to stare at her closer and we were both watching her tail swish back and forth. "Ghislaine!" Zenith came running. "It's been ages. Have you been well?"

"Yeah. So are these two little ones your kids?" Ghislaine looked at Norn and me.

"Yes." Zenith patted my back.

"Ceres! Older sister of Norn." I held Norn up. "Cute, right?"

"Loud kid." She patted my head then Norn's. "Its nice to see your kids took after you, not Paul."

"Ha!" Paul laughed. "Since you're here, I guess that means everything is good to go?"

"Yeah." Ghislaine responded.

"Take care of our Rudeus and Ceres." Zenith asked of her confusing me.

"Young Master Rudeus. Young Lady Ceres. We will miss you." Lilia informed us.

"Eh?" I let out, and Zenith took Norn off me, so I grabbed onto Rudeus's arm.

"We will be looking forward to your return." Zenith kissed our foreheads.

"What are-" Rudeus went to ask.

"If I told you two to stay away from Sylphie. How would you feel?" Paul asked us.

"I wouldn't want to obviously." Rudeus answered.

"Yeah, I bike her." I added. Paul then threw Rudeus scaring me a little. I got used to their training sessions so I only flinched a little, but it was still unexpected.

Rudeus used magic as he fought Paul, but I couldn't hear much since they were so far away. Paul was about to hit him, so I was staring at his sword a little scared then it got blown out of his hand by my wind magic. "What did I..." I mumbled.

The sword was still flying, it might become a satellite with how far it was going up into the sky.

Rudeus fainted and I was being shaken. I looked to Zenith to see her mouth moving, but I can't hear her meaning I used all of my wind magic in that one move.

I made some more to hear her. "Was that you?" Zenith asked me.

"I'm still death." I informed her.

"That was amazing! The control!" She exclaimed. "Go train! And come back even stronger!"

Paul had knocked out Rudeus during the meantime and just threw him into the carriage. I was still very confused, and he then came up to me. "You're leaving. I will throw you in there to." Paul informed me, and I got scared making everyone step forward towards me as I shook.

"What did you do to your kid?" Ghislaine patted my head. "He won't throw you. He's horrible with words."

"I'm beaning sent..." I gulped hard. I'm not weak like before, but I don't want to attack anyone to live. What if I had hit one of them instead of the sword just now? That could have killed them.

"Ceres! You aren't being sent away, you're getting a job." Paul informed me making me calm down. "Go live your life. This is what you want, right?" Paul asked me. "You can come back whenever."

'They aren't getting rid of me!' I grinned and nodded happily. "I will! Thank you!"

"I just want you to stay safe. I will be worried sick." Paul frowned. "Once you come back, I expect many hugs!"

"Here is the first!" I hugged him, and I looked up to see he was crying a little surprising me. It shows he really loves me. He only hurt me because he was worried and tried to keep me safe. "Get batter at talking while we are gone." I ordered.

Paul laughed. "Shouldn't I stay as I am?" He asked me.

"Er." I let out making him squeeze my cheeks. "I'm plad you're my dad." I grinned gently.

He hugged me tightly nearly suffocating me. "How is my daughter so cute?!" He exclaimed.

Zenith helped me escape and Ghislaine picked me up to take me into the carriage. "Grow up bell! Norn! Aisha! Paw! Paul" I corrected myself making him laugh.

The others waved to me happily and then we set off in the carriage for who knows where, but it was really exhilarating to be getting out of the village we lived in for our entire lives.

I will miss everyone though, and I won't get to see my sisters grow.

I was sitting on my seat with Rudeus' head in my lap as I was checking how bad the hit was. Ghislaine was sitting on the other side of the carriage.

I then got poked by her foot making me flinch and she was moving her mouth, so I used my wind magic. "Sorry." I grinned.

"So?" She stared at me.

"I'm Ceres Greyrat. This is my bro, Rudeus Greyrat!" I explained.

"You're loud." Ghislaine mumbled.

"Sorry, I can't oear myself bell." I explained as I was trying to use the wind magic to help me, but since my focus was on my wind magic my words just sounded like jibberish.

"So you really are deaf and use wind magic to help yourself hear?" She asked me. I nodded slowly nervous about her reaction since I don't know how people outside of the village and home would react.

"That's quite amazing kid. You definitely took after Zenith." Ghislaine grinned and I smiled.

Rudeus soon woke up then his mind was screaming. 'BOOBS! HUGE!'

'Are they your favourite body part?' I asked in my mind.

"No, I'm proud of my swo-" He paused and then looked at me. "Why are you here?!"

"Truck." I answered.

Rudeus laughed nervously when he looked at Ghislaine. "Hello. My name is Rudeus Greyrat." He informed her.

"You're awfully polite for Paul's son. I was expecting a cocky daughter as well." Ghislaine admitted. "I'm Ghislaine. Starting tomorrow, we will all work together."

"It will be my pleasure." Rudeus looked confused.

"Read this!" Ghislaine threw us a letter that bounced between our heads making us whine. "I can't read it."

"My balkimg is horricale so have fun Rude." I patted his back.

"Yeah, you aren't doing well with talking right now." He mumbled.

Rudeus opened the letter. "To my son Rudeus and daughter Ceres. I'm sure you both have no idea what's going on. I'd tell you to ask that musclebound strong woman, but she's got muscle for brains, so you won't get a decent explanation from her. Also, I'm better at the sword than her Ceres."

"What was that?!" Ghislaine exclaimed and stomped her foot against the carriage floor.

Rudeus looked at me expecting I would be terrified. "You use a sword?!" I exclaimed.

Ghislaine forgot about her rage. "Yes." She nodded confused by my sparkling eyes.

"She loves people who fight with weapons, not magic." Rudeus explained.

"It repinds me of good mimes." I informed her.

"What did Paul do around you to get you scared of being thrown, but love fighting?" Ghislaine mumbled.

"Be himself?" I guessed.

"I see." She nodded.

"Basically, I got you two a job. You both will tutor a nine-year-old girl lady in Roa." Rudeus read the letter. 'A job! The one I asked him for! But why did he knock me out?' He asked in his mind then looked at me. "DID HE HIT YOU AGAIN?!"

"Nope, threat." I explained.

Rudeus was ready to murder, so I tried to read the rest of it. "The woman with youb is her famile's bodybard?" I tried.

Rudeus patted my head praising me for at least trying. "And sword instructor. I hear she wants you two to teach her in exchange for training you Rudeus and letting Ceres play with her ears."

"Yes!" I celebrated.

'Lucky.' Rudeus sulked in his mind.

"Don't laugh at her for asking that because she's got muscles for brains." Rudeus mumbled and Ghislaine started to draw her sword making me grin and Rudeus scream.

"I can't wait to watch you!" I exclaimed, and she started to calm down.

Rudeus read the rest saying how great she is. "I have never beaten her even once, except in bed." He groaned.

"You two fought in bed? Like bus?" I pointed at Rudeus and me.

"NO!" Rudeus yelled. "That's a pillow fight! Very different!"

'Some things are better left unwritten, stupid dad!' Rudeus cursed him out in his mind and Ghislaine was still calm. 'He really is a hit with the ladies.'

"He did hit me." I added making him laugh nervously.

"For the next five years, until you two turn 12 and 11. You two will teach reading, writing, arithmetic and magic there. During that time, I forbid you both from returning, but Ceres can send letters. That's because I sensed you were beginning to depend on Sylphiette, Rudeus. On your sixth birthday Ceres. You looked lost like you were somewhere else. I was expecting you to disappear at any moment."

On that day all I could think about was if I would actually be able to live past 18 years old in this life. I wanted to leave home to go see the world. I was getting impatient since I didn't know how long I had, you can die any day as I did.

I just want to be able to go around and see everything as I imagined doing so for as long as I can remember in my last life. Since my trauma has been at least a little resolved and I have a real family this time, one that I can return to. I felt ready to go accomplish that wish of mine.

"I can't wait to see what you two will become. Your wise, awe-inspiring father, Paul." Rudeus sighed.

"We have another father?" I asked making Ghislaine laugh. Rudeus was staring at her chest during it all.

"P.s. The young lady is fair game, but hands off the strong women. She's mine and Ceres will not be allowed a boy friend." Rudeus read the last of the letter.

"I see. Send that letter to Zenith." Ghislaine demanded, and Rudeus handed it to me.

"Pill do." I nodded.

We were looking out the windows of the carriage together, and I was excited. 'This is for the best. Sylphie might be left on her own, but she will never grow if she doesn't solve her problems for herself. I can't let myself depend on her either.' Rudeus was thinking to himself.

"Should I do the same?" I asked.

"No, you need people, not for the hearing part, but for the I will walk off a cliff because why not part." He informed me. "I have no regrets about leaving..."

"Holy relic?" I asked and he started to cry and I patted his head.

We went to quite a fancy house in a huge city and there were many beast people as maids. I was trying to ask them if I can touch their ears. 'Ghislaine is one, too. Maybe they are not that rare in this world.' Rudeus thought as he got poured some drink.

I was poked at some point by some brown-haired guy. "Hi." I waved at him and he cringed. I think I might have yelled that.

'You did.' Rudeus informed me what I was guessing was right.

I used my wind magic. "Sorry." I laughed shocking him.

"Your speech is slurred." He mumbled.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Rudeus Greyrat." He bowed getting the attention off me.

"A nobleman says hello by drawing back his left foot, making a circle with his right hand and bowing slightly." He informed us so Rudeus did just that. "Not bad. Now a lady says hello by holding out her skirt, one leg behind the other and bowing."

I pulled my skirt out to the sides and then squatted. "I'm Ceres Greyrat." I grinned.

He laughed. "Not bad either. Now sit down both of you." He sat down first, and I sat next to Rudeus. "I am Philip Boreas Greyrat, the mayor of this city."

"He's the Bourbon mayo?" I asked Rudeus not hearing that right.

He had to hold in his laughter but was dying on the inside. 'MAYO?! MAYOR MAYO!'

"I suppose I'm Paul's cousin." Philip explained to us why we have the same last name.

'Huh? That means...what, exactly?' Rudeus asked in his mind.

"More famile?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes." Philip nodded. "And? How much do you know?"

"Educate noble girl, nine." I listed off the things I remember.

"Yeah, we will educate a young lady for five years." Rudeus added. "And you will help pay for our enrollments in Magic University."

"That's all?" Philip asked shocked.

We both nodded. "Good grief. I see he hasn't changed. You girl, are you deaf?" He asked me and I nodded. "He sent his deaf daughter here. Oh well. I will introduce you both to my daughter, then we will talk."

Philip took us to her room, and we were walking for a good ten minutes. 'How do you have this big of a house?!' I yelled in my mind making Rudeus laugh.

Rudeus was signing to me everything Philip was saying and Rudeus was talking to me in his mind, so I don't get mixed up with who is saying what.

Philip was saying we are quite amazing and that Rudeus can't seduce and fu- he stopped midway signing for some reason. Rudeus then started up again saying the girl we are teaching only likes a few people, so Philip doesn't expect much from us both but because Paul asked he gave it ago.

"So tame her." I nodded.

They all looked at me. "Wha?" I asked, but of course, I'm deaf so I didn't hear their answers, but they didn't open their mouths either confusing me.

Philip patted my head, and Rudeus slapped his hand and signed while yelling. "She can tame anyone! She's amazing!" I grabbed his hands while looking up at the ceiling embarrassed.

Rudeus led me along by my hand and then Philip opened a door to show a maid putting accessories on a girl with red hair. 'Intense!' Rudeus' mind yelled.

'Skarlet!' I yelled in my mind.

'From that Mortal game?' Rudeus looked at me and I nodded frantically.

Rudeus and I went forward, and I used my wind magic so I can hear. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Rudeus Greyrat." He bowed as Philip had taught him to.

"I'm Ceres Greyrat." I bowed as well then couldn't get back up from my squat, so I just sat on the floor making her give me a stare.

"What?! These two are younger than me!" She complained, and her voice was the loudest thing I have ever heard.

"I don't believe our age is relevant." Rudeus retorted.

"What? Are you disagreeing with me?" She asked us.

"Yes." I nodded.

"And you can't do all the things we-" Rudeus got slapped shocking me.

My mouth was gaping open as I looked between them. "What nerve! Who do you think I am?!" She yelled.

'Ceres, don't cry. I'm fine.' Rudeus reassured me in my mind.

'That's not the problem. She's Skarlet and you're my brother. Whose side should I be on?' I was having a crisis.

'Cry!' He demanded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 26 22
She woke up to her mother and father calling her down for breakfast as she is now turning six, but she accidentally forced her Quirk Factor to go int...
1M 33.9K 91
(Highest Ranked: #24 in Fantasy/Magic) THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY (2nd Book is already up on my Profile; This one is Complete) I died and when I woke...
77 1 3
In a world where monsters lurk and nobility turns a blind eye to suffering, Sara, a gifted archer with a vendetta against the upper class, teams up w...
460K 16K 65
Lady Alcina Dimistrescu was longing for love, she was truly ready to settle down with somebody but none of the maiden's suited her desires. Until you...