Chapter 2

We tried out doing magic some more and we found out that the wind magic carries vibrations to my ears, but it's limited to how much I can make of it. If I can maintain it, I will be able to hear things around me all day long only thing is that people just have to be close to me and stay in the same area my wind magic is in.

"Ceres, this time focus, it's like practising combos in fighter games." Rudeus informed me.

"Fonus!" I exclaimed as I sat on the floor.

I have been getting a little better at speaking, but even when I say a word right it's very muffled or I slur the words, but at least people will be able to understand me somewhat.

"Concentrate, picture it over and over in your head then actually do it." Rudeus instructed me and I did it.

I made so much wind it smashed against the wall in front of me sending me back to the wall behind me. Rudeus landed on his back on the floor, he was making water magic at the window and he then got covered in water.

He seemed to try again. "Is this all my mp?" His arm fell shocking me and I started to cry loudly.

"Ma!" I yelled and she came running.

Zenith was concerned when she found us and checked on me first, but I pointed at Rudeus.

"Don't worry, he's just sleeping." She reassured me as she got Lilia to come in and clean up the water, she then panicked. "I mean." Zenith tried to sign to me what she said.

"Ai har." I let out, she was a little confused.

I pointed at my ear to do the sign for hear to show I heard her speak. Zenith had started to teach me sign language when she first figured out I was practically deaf.

The sign language they use is different from our last world, but it's similar in that you do use just both or one of your hands for the signs.

Her eyes widened then she immediately started to cry concerning me, I did my best to calm her down. "I'm so glad, you can hear." She hugged me tightly. "I hope you will be able to hear many things. I always wanted you to hear me say this, I love you."

I started to cry with her making Lilia laugh. "I'm glad Ceres is more like how a child should be compared to her brother." Lilia gave him a creeped-out stare as he was sleeping on a blanket.

"What happened to Rudeus?" Zenith asked me.

"Wee." I tried to say wet.

"I see." She hummed.

"Na wee!" I gave up on trying to speak.

"Your wee?" She asked me.

"Noa." I shook my head frantically, and I accidentally used a very deep tone.

When Rudeus woke up, he was silently crying in Zenith's arm while I was in her other arm. 'Damn it, I'm too old to look like I wet myself! Damn it! Damn it!' I heard him think and I patted his back.

'Can you take the blame?' He asked me.

"Nok." I rejected.

"That's yes in Japanese, thank you." He hugged me, and I tried to yell at him that it wasn't making Lilia and Zenith laugh as I messed up every word.

After that, we kept a bucket in the room, and the window open so I could use my wind magic without making the room a deadly bouncy castle that I heard are awesome.

We kept practising and slowly our mp seemed to have gone up after a whole year.

Rudeus learned sign language with me since I'm still deaf most of the time. I will practice even after I can manage to maintain wind magic constantly around me and that will take a long time to figure out. The wind outside just kidnaps my magic all the time, so I need some other way to communicate with others still.