Chapter 3

We followed after Roxy who stopped by our stable with our horse in it. We had some chairs to sit on, and I used my wind magic so I could hear her, but she kept pacing back and forth so she got quieter and louder for me each time annoying me.

She taught us what kinds of magic there is and each of their ranks, Rudeus couldn't sit still. 'Poo?' I asked in my mind.

'What made you think that?!' He stared at me horrified.

'You did that when we were babies when you needed to go a poo.' I explained.

"Are you two paying attention?" Roxy asked us, and it was loud making me flinch.

"Left." I demanded and she moved left.

"Skirt up." Rudeus added, and Roxy gave him a shocked look.

"Sorry panicked." He lied.

"Anyway, I will start by demonstrating an incantation so repeat after me." Roxy held out her staff.

"Do you need the incantation?" Rudeus asked her as I stuck out my tongue while trying to push my wind magic more her way since she got quieter again.

"Of course you do." She sighed.

'We are special.' We both thought.

She said the usual incantation Rudeus uses and made a water ball killing Zenith's favourite tree with it. "NA! IT LOBS ITS PINE!!" The dying tree made my words die, I ran over to it.

"Did she mean spine?" Roxy asked, but she soon went quiet since my wind magic got blown away from her. I was doing my best to drag the tree to its base and Roxy then started to help me.

It looked like she was using another incantation when we got it back over. I was sitting on the tree as it went back...I was sitting on it, and now I'm falling off it towards the ground.

Roxy jumped and caught me then landed on her back on the ground.

I went rolling away after confusing her. She was trying to talk to me, but I was panicking and then just kind of had fun with rolling. 'Did your brain get stuck?' Rudeus stopped me from rolling.

'No, I didn't get stuck like the A button does.' I informed.

"That is annoying." He spoke up when he took me to where I pointed out some of my wind magic got blown to.

"Excuse me?" Roxy came over and I turned to her, she then sighed in relief. "You ignored me that entire time."

'She's pouting.' Rudeus was in awe.

"Me...deaf." I explained slowly so I could say the words right and I don't really want pity.

"...HUH?!" She exclaimed. "But you can hear me now!"

"You saw, I use magic. It's wind. It helps me hear." I informed her.

"You did use magic, but you didn't use an incantation." She said confused.

'Ceres, the magic manual said nothing about incantation-less spells, so it might be taboo.' Rudeus informed me and I started to sweat. 'GO DEAF QUICK!'

'I CAN'T DO IT THAT QUICK!' I freaked out in my mind.

"Would you do the wind spell for me?" Roxy asked me.

"Death again." I mumbled.

"Death?" She asked.

"No deaf, wah..." I was shaking making her laugh nervously.

"How about your brother goes first?" Roxy suggested after I had a breakdown or really a shakedown.