Chapter 18

The bird at my window was terrified from the sound and look of it. I went to my window and was shocked to see Orsted out there, but now it makes sense as to why the bird is terrified.

I pushed the window open, and the bird hid in my hair confusing me. "I'm gonna go out there." I warned it and it still stayed so I rolled out of the window.

Orsted went to catch me, so I didn't use my wind magic and he easily caught me. "You are alive." He hummed as he repositioned me and saw the bird hiding in my hair.

He went stiff when he felt my forehead. "Yeah, I'm a radiator." I sighed.

"Radiator?" He asked me.

"Lava machine." I explained.

Orsted looked slightly worried making me panic. "You can turn it off." I told him.

"Where's the button?" He lifted me up higher, and I laughed.

"Already pressed it, you need to wait." I grinned.

"I see. I came into town since you didn't come to visit, I now have my answer for why you didn't show up." Orsted gently held me in his arm.

"Didn't you say you would just wait for me before?" I mumbled confused and a little sleepy, he was really warm.

"I can't since it is for your birthday." Orsted informed me and my eyes widened.

"A gift?" I asked a little worried.

Orsted nodded. "I took notice that you were sad over the blue flower dying that I gave you, then the cherry blossom tree I gave you on your eighth birthday." He mumbled unsure as to why I didn't really like it altogether.

He literally pulled a cherry blossom tree out of the ground or someone's garden and brought it to me. I saw the drag trail go on for a while.

I had said about how I always wanted to see one up close since there were many at the hospital, but I could only glance at them from the window.

I got really hyped one day when a petal flew into my room and landed on my hair. I definitely didn't scream in joy scaring everyone in the hospital.

I really did love the gift, but I felt sorry for the tree, so in the end we planted it in the field we always meet at, but it seemed to have died causing me to lose my smile making him panic a little.

I could tell because of the small twitch of his hand. I have been able to read him as time went on.

Orsted put his hand out in front of me and I saw in the middle of it a bracelet that looked to be made of scales leaving me in awe. They were all white and when the light shone on them it gave off a light with all the colours of the rainbow.

"This looks..." I was in awe.

"I can take it ba-" Orsted went to grab it, but I turned away with it once I grabbed it confusing him.

"You gave it! It's mine!" I yelled.

"It is." He nodded.

I turned back then hugged him around his neck and he was shocked. "Thank yo-" I let out as I fell asleep from sheer exhaustion.

Orsted gently moved me and tried to take the bracelet, but I had a tight grip on it. "I could break her if I use force." He admitted so he let go and then looked up at my room.

He knew it would be a bad idea to go inside, but the thought of me staying outside for the night was not one he was going to allow.

Orsted easily got into the room through the window I used. He ignored those two and didn't even glance at them as he placed me down in my bed. He made sure I was covered as I snuggled more into my bed and held onto the bracelet still.