Chapter 23

We went to a lady with three of something Rudeus liked. "Are you sure you want your party to be called Dead End?" She asked us.

'Rude stop staring below the eyes.' I demanded.

"Yes, please." Rudeus giggled. 'I'm not staring, I'm studying.'

'Then I will to.' I went to do the same thing, but he was jumping at me confusing the other two.

"Hear that? Dead End's a newbie!" Someone laughed.

"Everyone starts at F rank." She informed us. "Remember, you can only accept jobs up to one rank above your own."

'F-rank! We are the fun rank!' I smirked.

'More like fuc-' Rudues just paused. 'Yeah, fun.'

I felt Ruijerd shake, so I patted his head. He seems to be getting angry or uncomfortable, but the other two can't tell. "Now, I'm an adventurer, too, right?!" Eris exclaimed.

I held out my hand and she high-fived me then pulled Rudeus with her. "Hurry! Let's look at the board!" She yelled making me whine a little from the sound.

"Lady..." I spoke up and she looked at me. "My bro liked your...curve."

"Oh, I could tell." She giggled as she smiled at me. "I like your cloak."

"Good, right?!" I exclaimed proudly.

The lady and Ruijerd found me adorable.

Ruijerd took me over to the job board and Eris was staring at it. "I can't read it!" She declared confidently.

"No, dragon." I informed her and she whined as I was pouting.

'I'd like to get right to making money, but...' Rudeus stared at the jobs. "Slaying jobs start at C rank. We can't take them right now. That's a shame."

"Oh, w-hore?' I mumbled.

Rudues looked at me scared as I was trying to figure out what was huffing at us. "Hey there, Dead End." They spoke up and took the C rank Job off Rudeus. "Ain't the rank on this a wee bit high for you?"

'OH HORSE!' Rudeus's mind yelled making me point at him showing that's what I meant.

"I already know that!" Rudeus yelled at the horse.

"Hey now, don't be mad." He put his arm around Rudeus's shoulder. "I just wanna give you some advice. Here, how about this one? Finding a lost cat. Your bro is Dead End the Superd, right?" He looked at Ruijerd and me.

"I bet he can find a lost kitty in no time with his third eye." The horse guy made everyone laugh with that somehow.

"Shove it! Let's get going, bro!" Rudeus sighed.

"Finally." I sighed as I closed my eyes and rested my head on Ruijerd's shoulder.

"Below." I whispered to Ruijerd when I felt some of my wind magic move below us, I could kind of tell it was a leg, maybe. "Three balls?"

"A frog's foot." Ruijerd informed me as he stared at the frog guy. I turned to the frog guy, and he seemed happy to look at me. I waved making my bracelet jangle and for some reason, his eyes widened and he moved his foot away.

"See you later, newbies!" They called out to us as we left.

I sighed as we walked along and I could see Eris was complaining to Rudeus. She probably couldn't tell we got made fun of or she would have tried to attack them.

"Dragon!" I recognised the word when she said it and she clapped for me.

'Someday, we will let's celebrate for now.' Rudeus told us.