Chapter 5

A couple of weeks after my birthday, it was Rudeus's birthday and we were going all out for it. I was making the cake this time as all the boys were forced to keep out of the kitchen. I pinned them to the ceiling using wind magic a couple of times.

Paul cried proud of me while Rudeus was annoyed.

We soon finished up and set the whole table. I put Rudeus's cake in front of him as we all sang happy birthday to him.

The cake was decent enough. "Thank you very much!" Rudeus exclaimed. "The cake is good!"

"Yes!" I celebrated and punched the table then went down in pain concerning them.

"She's just like her father." Zenith laughed as she held my hands in her and healed them.

"I'm proud." Paul cried while Rudeus sighed.

We all sat around the table. "Happy birthday!" We all yelled again.

"Thank you very much." He grinned. Paul danced for us with his sword, not that one. Rudeus says there's another one he has, but didn't explain further when he saw I was confused.

Paul then tried to eat his sword making me fall out of my seat.

"Is he dad?!" I yelled.

"Dead?" Rudeus asked.

"He is!" I was on the edge of tears and Paul then picked me up making me sigh in relief as the others laughed.

We all happily ate our food, and I gave Rudeus his present it was a flower crown. I put it on his head proudly. 'You never go out, so I'm bringing the outside to you. I hope it helps!' I grinned.

He gave me a sweet smile and hugged me. "Nothing can beat that present." He informed me.

I smirked as Paul looked ready to challenge my present. "This is for you." Paul gave him a sword.

Rudeus looks like he was about to sink with it, so I helped him hold it up and I was in shock at the weight. "Thank you very much, father." Rudeus grinned nervously.

"Ahem. Well, you may still be too young for that sword, but a man has to carry a sword inside his heart." Paul explained.

"He's not stabbing his body self!" I yelled not getting my words outright.

Paul then explained it in depth to me and I was starting to fall asleep since he was complaining about magic and I didn't ask for his opinion. "Dear, you are making our daughter fall asleep." Zenith chopped his head.

She then held out a book to Rudeus and he dropped that sword quickly.

"I know how you like books." Zenith explained as he opened it.

"Thank you very much, mother! This is what I wanted!" Rudeus was genuinely happy this time.

"Oh, what a good boy you are!" Zenith hugged him.

After she stopped hugging him and then me, which took an hour, it was Roxy's turn. "I actually have one for you both." Roxy held out two sticks to us with a colourful stone on the end.