Chapter 21

At one point, Ruijerd sensed there were some monsters, so he put me in the shadow of some rocks and pulled up some bush from the ground and put it over me to hide me making me laugh.

The other two stayed with me, but then Eris got Rudeus to go check out what Ruijerd was doing while I napped. Ruijerd came running confusing me, he sighed in relief when I looked at him after he threw the bush off me.

I used my wind magic to hear since it seems he was angry at the other two. "Ceres is strong." Rudeus reassured him as Ruijerd picked me up carefully and I naturally leaned into him.

"She's much weaker than you two physically, but, yes, she is strong." Ruijerd hummed as I put my head on his shoulder then shook a little scaring him.

"Don't worry, it's her normal compliment freak out, how can you tell she's strong?" Rudeus asked.

"Her body is weak, but that magic she used was amazing. She cut the lizard cleanly in half like she was using a sword." Ruijerd explained making me shake some more and he shook as well to reassure me making me grin.

"I just imagine how Ghis attacks." I explained leaving Eris in awe.

"Copy me next!" Eris exclaimed and I nodded.

"Anyway, I told you all not to move since Ceres hasn't been able to concentrate because of her fever. Those monsters could have drawn me away to attack her." Ruijerd explained making them both go pale.

'With love? Like Zenith's love attacks?' I asked in my mind.

'No those don't include screaming.' Rudeus shivered.

'Paul's do.' I reminded him and we both groaned remembering the times he thought he was sneakily hinting that he was gonna have fun with Zenith that night like they are somehow quiet when they do it.

"How did you see those monsters? I couldn't see them." I asked Ruijerd.

"I can see them with the eye on my forehead." Ruijerd explained. "I wished many times that I didn't have it."

"That's handy!" Eris exclaimed.

"Isn't it eyey not handy?" I asked and Rudeus laughed meaning I said something wrong, but I spoke all my words right this time.

"I will take it! Tear it off!" Eris held out her hand expecting him to give her his eye.

'I hope she's joking.' Rudeus thought.

"Having things torn off from you like flesh really hurts." I informed her.

"I will protect you this time!" Eris declared.

"Me to!" Rudeus added.

"Children shouldn't worry about that, just stay safe with your big brother." Ruijerd was looking at Eris.

"Big brother?!" Eris smacked his hand that went for a head pat. "I'm the older sister here!"

"Is that so? Sorry," Ruijerd apologised.

I used wind magic to put Ruijerd's hand on my head. He patted my head with a small smile on his face. 'Looks like Ceres found a new dad.' Rudeus thought.

'He's way better than Paul already.' I responded making him laugh. 'But I do miss Paul, Zenith and everyone back at home.'

'They are fine we will see them soon.' Rudeus reassured me.

"And chicken stick." I drooled and Rudeus did to.

"There it is." Ruijerd spoke up, and we looked to see a village. The houses looked to be made of turtle shells.