Chapter 8

Lilia was much more comfortable with talking to Rudeus now, so when he was with me Lilia would now gladly tell us stories of her past and they are horrifying.

Rudeus was covering my ears after the latest one.

"He deflowered you without conbent?!" I yelled. I was having a hard time speaking since my wind magic was being blown around by the actual wind. "What does defloor mean?"

"Flower." Rudeus corrected me as he helped put away the clothing I was drying with my wind magic.

"Rudy! It's time for practice!" Paul called out to him.

"You stole Lilia's flowers! Thick!" I pointed at him. "Wait, feet? Theip?"

I was trying my best. "Thief?" Lilia spoke up and I nodded frantically.

I watched as they practised and Paul seemed to be cocky as usual, so I just let myself go deaf so I don't hear him. 'Paul is scum. I don't know about you Ceres, but I respect this man.' Rudeus informed me in his mind. 'His strength is amazing. He's advanced in all three sword god styles.'

'Yeah, but he calls magic useless. I can see the benefits of both. He's a one-trick bitch.' I retorted.

Rudeus seemed to yell then got hit on the head by Paul's sword. He turned to me and signed the word bitch and yelled in his head. 'No swearing!"

"Egh." I made some sounds to show that I saw and heard him, but I don't care.

Paul then seemed to be giving Rudeus a talk, men talk about weird things. 'School.' Rudeus thought.

"Schall!" I exclaimed then used my wind magic to hear again. "What about it?!"

"Ceres, I said that a minute ago. Now your hearing is delayed." Paul sighed. "Anyway, you both don't need it. Let's resume practice."

"I want!" I exclaimed.

"Forget it. It's full of spoiled rich kids. Kids like you two would get bullied for sure." Paul retorted and Rudeus looked upset, so I kicked Paul.

"I can bit!" I informed Paul and he seemed a little concerned. 'He made Rude suffer. He can suffer a little.'

"Please tell me you mean hit." Rudeus mumbled nervously then sighed in relief when I nodded.

Paul then whispered to him about school girls and I just ignored them as I thought about something I don't have yet.

"I wonder what it is like to have a boy friend." I mumbled and they both looked terrified.

"Can't I have a friend that's a boy? Who has a sword?" I asked. 'A boy friend who can fight sounds amazing. What if they can use both magic and a sword?!'

"No, that's fine, but you need to introduce them to me first." Paul informed.

"No." I rejected making him complain. Sylph then appeared and I ran over to her. "Can you meet my friends in the future?"

"Oh, sure." She nodded with a smile on her face.

"What about me?" Rudeus mumbled.