BRUTAL

By rahja_

Everything I love gets destroyed. First, my biological family, then my adoptive parents. (Or at least I thoug... More

Characters
prologue
1. Valentina
2. Fredrico
3. Valentina
4. Valentina/ Fredrico
5. Valentina
6. Fredrico
7. Valentina
8. Fredrico
9. Valentina
10. Fredrico
11. Valentina
12. Valentina
13. Fredrico/ Valentina
14. Fredrico
15. Valentina/ Fredrico
16. Valentina
17. Fredrico
18. Valenina
19. Fredrico
20. Valentina
21. Valentina
22. Fredrico
23. Valentina
24. Fredrico
25. Valentina
26. Valentina
27. Fredrico
28. Valentina
29. Fredrico
30. Valentina
31. Valentina
32. Fredrico
33. Valentina
34. Fredrico
35. Valentina / Fredrico
36. Valentina
37. Fredrico
38. Valentina
39. Valentina / Fredrico
40. Valentina
41. Valentina
42. Fredrico
43. Valentina
44. Valentina
45. Fredrico
46. Valentina / Fredrico
47. Valentina
48. Fredrico
49. Valentina
50. Valentina
51. Fredrico / Valentina
52. Valentina / Fredrico
53. Fredrico
54. Valentina / Fredrico
55. Valentina
56. Valentina
57. Fredrico / Valentina
58. Fredrico / Valentina
59. Valentina / Fredrico
60. Valentina
62. Valentina / Fredrico
63. Valentina / Fredrico
64. Fredrico / Valentina
65. Valentina / Fredrico
66. Valentina / Fredrico
67. Valentina / Fredrico
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue

61. Valentina / Fredrico

8.2K 126 181
By rahja_

A MONTH LATER
VALENTINA'S POV

It's unbelievable how big Leo has gotten in a month.

So far, there's been nothing from the Rodríguez's or Vincent. On the bright side, we found all of the men that raped Aaya. (Not including Alfonso.) We let her beat the shit out of them. We even tortured them a bit too, then she killed them.

For safety reasons, we all moved.

Rico got a bigger penthouse. Baby Leo has a room here, the twins, Rory, and I even have my own vanity/getting ready room.

Rico and I kind of live together. I say kind of because we never really spoke about it. But Leo and I are here all the time, even when he's not home. We're like a little family.

I haven't really talked to my parents. We basically just brushed past the entire thing. We only say hi and have small talk before I take off again.

When they try to talk about the issue I brush them off. It's not that I don't want to hear them out, it's just i'm still angry.

And I can hold a grudge.

I'm still holding a grudge against a girl I had beef with in high school. I forgot her name, but I can tell you the exact reason why I don't like her.

I don't want to hold a grudge against my parents, but I don't know why I can't have a conversation with them.

Surprisingly, Aaya and I have gotten really close this past month. I've been helping her and she's been helping me with Leo.

During the day Rico goes to work, so I go to our house and she helps me.

Our living situation is kinda weird. We live in a blended family situation. I think both of my moms have become best friends.

I think they used to be close before my mom ran away from her parents. They usually spend the day together.

I let my father take over the mafia and his construction business for now. It gives me a break and I only have to worry about my company.

I got him a new assistant and Ari is now my assistant for Valentina's boutique. It was a perfect switch since my other assistant moved across the country.

Rico wraps his arms around me and kisses my collarbone. "What are you doing up so early?" He whispers.

I point to the opened curtains. "Watching the sun come up."

He hums and kisses my neck. "I'm not going into work until later," he tells me.

I hum in response and lean back into him. "What's wrong?" he asks.

I shake my head and stroke his beard, "Nothing's wrong. I'm just basking in all the peacefulness before Leo wakes up."

He holds me from behind and softly kisses my jaw. Leo shortly wakes up after. Rico quickly gets up and grabs him before he starts to cry.

"Hi my sweet boy," He whispers and kisses his cheek.

I kiss Leo's forehead and he stares back at us.

"You're so handsome," I whisper and stroke his cheek.

Vegas comes trotting through the door. He jumps up on the bed and lays down next to Leo. I scratch behind his ears and kiss his head.

"Your family's flying in in three weeks right?" Rico asks.

I nod, "First time Jamila's seeing Jamie in twenty-four years."

"How do you think it's going to go?"

I shrug and get up from the bed. "My mom's a cryer, so probably a lot of crying."

"How was Rory's birthday dinner?" I ask. Two days ago was Rory's birthday. I'm just now talking about it because this is the first time i've seen Rico.

He had an important business deal, so it was just me and Leo.

"Uneventful and over the top as always," he answered.

I let out a small yawn. "I'm going to take a shower."

TIME SKIP

"Hello my favorite nephew," Aaya gushed with a gasp as she picked up Leo. She hugs him while swaying.

Jamila gives me a hug. "Hi honey! How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?" I ask and park the stroller.

"I'm doing okay. We missed you and Leo at breakfast this morning, where were you?"

"Blair's," I lie. "We were talking about a guy she met," I lie again.

"Oh," she says with a smile.

"Hey V!"

I spin around with a grin, "Hey Troy! You look good!" He gives me a bear hug.

"Thanks sis!" He turns and takes Leo from Aaya. Aaya glares at him. "And there's my favorite nephew in the whole entire world," he cooed and blew raspberries onto his stomach.

Leo makes a cute noise and Troy hands him back to Aaya.

"How's mommy duties?" He asks and uses my shoulder as a crutch.

"Good. Leo is great," I smile with a nod. "How're you doing? How's physical therapy?"

"It's good. My jaw doesn't hurt as bad and i'm not addicted to pain meds," he throws up his arms with a smile. "Isn't that a win win?"

I nod, "I'm glad you're okay," I tell him and kiss his cheek.

He hums, "So am I. I'm also kinda glad I got taken. If I didn't, where would sweet baby Leo be right now? Definitely not safe, I can tell you that."

He quickly changes the topic, "So when's your bio fam coming?" He asks.

"Three weeks," I answer.

He put his hands on his hips, "Isn't your dad black?"

"Yes... but he grew up in the D.R," I tell him.

"God it's gonna be so awkward at that dinner," He whispers.

Troy claps me on the shoulder, "Look on the bright side! At least you can say the n-word!"

I raise a brow, "That's your only bright side?" His smile dims a little. "Besides, you and dad barely ever use that word and I don't feel comfortable saying it."

"I heard you have a sister," He says and wiggles his eyebrows.

"No," I tell him. "You're not dating her. Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"She broke up with me because I "ghosted" her for five weeks. Can you believe that?!"

He puts his hands on his hips and sighs, "I couldn't even talk and she just decides to break up with me. And it's not like I could go over there and make everything better with my tongue because-"

"I'm signing out of the conversation," I grimace and pat his back.

"Hey!" He protests. "Who am I gonna tell my problems to now?"

"Your therapist," I answer. "That's why I got you one in the first place."

He thinks about it for a moment, "Yeah, I should call him," he mumbles and gets out his phone.

"Mama! Mama!"

I turn around with a wide grin. I bend down and Ivy jumps into my arms. "Hi my baby," I whisper and kiss her cheek a few times.

She pulls back and frowns, "Weren't here!" Is her way of telling me I wasn't here when she woke up.

"I know," I say and fix her shirt. "But i'll put you to bed today and i'll even read you all the stories you want." I tell her and poke her stomach.

She giggles and hugs me again. "Miss you."

I kiss her forehead, "I missed you."

She gives me a kiss and runs off. I stand up my parents and I stood across from each other.

"Hey sweetheart," My mom said with a smile.

"Hello," I say with a small smile and go to turn away.

Troy wraps his arms around my shoulders, "Hey guys!"

I briefly close my eyes and let out a small sigh.

"We should go out for brunch sometime," he continues. "You know? Just like we used to?"

I hum and grab my phone when it dings.

Rico: Did my mother invite you to the dinner she's having for Simone and Derek tonight?

Me: Umm nope. Don't think so.

Jamila comes over. "Sorry to interrupt, but Lily invited us to a dinner for Simone tonight. Would you guys like to go?"

"Of course," My mother responds with a smile. We all just smile and nod at Jamila. Her smile widens, "Great! I'll let her know now."

Me: Never mind. Jamila just told us we're invited.

Rico: We're as in?

Me: My parents and siblings.

Rico: That's gonna be awkward.

Me: Very. Is the dinner to welcome the baby?

Rico: Yes. It's basically a baby shower dinner. They did it with the twins as well.

Me: I need to go out and get a gift then. Is there a theme or color code?

Rico: I don't think so.

"Is there a color and theme?" I ask.

"No. It's just casual," she says.

"Casual..." I repeat. "As in business causal or something else? There's like a million different casuals."

I hate when I get the dress code wrong. Not that it's very important, but I do like to feel like I at least dressed right.

Jamila reads her phone. "Never mind, Lily said Semi-formal."

She smiles at me. "Don't worry honey, you always dress great. You're gonna nail this dress code," she kisses my cheek and walks off.

Me: It's semi-formal.

Rico: What color are you wearing?

Me: I don't know. I still have to think about what things I have in my closet.

Rico: You have a million things in your closet. You'll be thinking for at least a year.

He then sends me a billboard of a woman eating tacos. I let out a small laugh.

Rico: This made me think of you.

Me: I hate you

Rico: No you don't

"Who are you texting?"

I quickly shut my phone off and put it in my purse. "No one," I answer and clear my throat.

Troy gives me a look. "Really? You never smile when you text someone. Who is it?"

"My assistant," I answer. "She sent me a funny video."

"Ari?" He questions.

I nod my head. "She's cute."

I turn away from him, "No Troy," I tell him.

He groans as I walk away.

FREDRICO'S POV

I dapped up Derek. "Where have you been?"

I give Simone a hug and put a hand on her stomach. "How're you feeling?" I ask.

"I'm ready to get this baby out of me. It's pushing on my bladder," she groans. "And my back is killing me."

I hum, "Hopefully they come soon."

"I'm going to sit down now," she announces. Derek follows her.

I take off my jacket and hang it up.

Derek comes back to me. "Who is she?" He asks.

"Who?" I ask and try to move past him.

"The girl you've been shacking it up with for the past month." He hits me in the chest. "You barely answer my phone calls."

I shrug, "I've been busy working."

"Is it Valentina?" He asks.

"You're crazy," I tell him.

"You hesitated," he says with a smirk. "Dude if you are with her, I won't judge-"

I give him the gift I got Simone. "Why don't you go put that with all the other gifts, dad of the year?"

He rolls his eyes at the nickname. "Alright, but I want to here more!"

I walk further in the house. Mama wipes her hands and comes around from the kitchen island. "Ay! My Rico," I grimace when she pinches my cheeks.

"Mi bebé, ¿cómo estás?" She then yanks on my beard. I wince and wrap my hand around hers. "Dónde has estado? No has estado respondiendo a mis llamadas." She lets go and strokes my cheek.

(My baby boy, how are you? Where have you been? You haven't been answering my calls.)

"¡Estaba preocupado enfermo! Afortunadamente, Jamila dijo que Valentina estaba trabajando contigo ayer." (I was worried sick! Luckily, Jamila said Valentina was just at work with you yesterday.)

She glares and tugs on my beard again. "Don't make me worry so much! I don't want wrinkles this early."

"Yes Mama," I mumble.

She kisses my cheek, "I hope you're hungry. Because I cooked a lot of food."

"You know I can always eat when you cook." She smiles and pats my arm before letting me go.

"Who have you been with all this time? Derek said you have a girlfriend. When can we meet her?"

You already met her plenty of times.

My dad walks in the kitchen and claps me on the shoulder. He kisses my mother and hugs her from behind. "It smells amazing in her love."

"Of course it does," My mother replied with a smile. "I cooked." My father chuckles and kisses the crown of her head.

He looks at me. "Who's the girl?" He cuts to the chase.

I shrug. "You're a terrible liar," he says.

"When are you going to find you a wife Mijo?" Mama asks.

"I would love some grandkids from you," she tells me.

"Tell that to Rory," I say and sit down on a stool.

She waves her hand, dismissing the idea. "She just turned twenty-two. She has years for that." She points the wooden spoon at me. "You on the other hand, you're going to be twenty-nine this year."

She frowns, "With the kind of life you live, you never know when will be your last day. And with the amount of enemies..." She sighs, "I just want you to find love and happiness."

"Hey Rico," I turn to see Rory coming through the door.

She skips over and I kiss her forehead. "How are you?" I ask.

"Good. I had the most amazing day," she says and sits down next to me.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"I went to work, went to a pilates class, and got a free massage and got my hair done."

"How did you get your hair and a massage done for free?" I ask.

"A guy paid for them," she says nonchalantly.

My mom smiles, "Ooh, who's this guy?"

"Uh... he's a friend."

"A friend?" My father and I repeat.

"I'm serious," she says. "He's only a friend."

"Does this friend have a name?" Dad asks.

"I'm not telling you guys," she crosses her arms. "The last time I told you guys about a guy Rico and Derek interrogated him."

"The last guy was trying to get your money," I tell her. "So you're welcome."

"Enough about my life," she turns to me with a smile. "What about yours?"

I groan, "Why is everyone in my business?"

"Zio!"

I get up just in time to catch the twins. I groan, "You guys are getting big."

"Are you excited for a new sibling?"

They both nod excitedly. "I hope it's a girl," Cece says.

"I don't care what it is," Sammy says. "I just hope they like to play with worms!"

"Zio do you think you can get me a bunny?" Cece asks.

"I'll ask your parents," I tell her.

She smiles, "Okay!"

I set them both back on their feet and they run off.

"Rico go get the door, Mila is here," my mom tells me.

I go to the door and open it. I furrow my brows, "What are you doing here?" I ask Blair and Sabrina.

"We were invited, duh," Blair says obviously and invites herself in. Sabrina follows, "Val and everyone else are about five minutes away."

Derek and Simone come to the door. Blair and Sabrina give their gifts to Derek. "Naveen couldn't come because he's still getting over the fever he has. But here's his gift."

Simone smiles and gives them both a hug. "Thank you."

I wait by the door and open it when I hear voices. Jamila greets me with a hug.

I go to shake Troy's hand, but he hugs me instead. "Man, you're buff," he mumbles and feels on my arms.

I pat his back, "You doing okay?"

"Yup," he answers with a nod. "I'm back to eating solid foods and i'm almost fully healed."

"That's good," I say and give Aaya a hug. "You doing okay?" I ask her.

She nods, "I'm alright. You?"

"I'm good."

I shake Xavier's hand and Ayla gives me a side hug.

Lastly Valentina stood holding Ivy and Leo. Ivy smiles when she sees me, "Freddy!"

I hate the nickname, but she's been calling me that ever since she learned my name. Ivy usually spends one to two days at our apartment since she still thinks Val is her mom.

She puts out her arms and I grab her. "How're you?" I ask and tickle her stomach. She lets out a fit of giggles and nods.

I don't know what that means, but okay.

She gets down and clings onto Valentina's leg. I shut the door and Valentina gives me a look. The rest of her family already had went off further into the house, so we were in the clear.

"You matched me."

I look at my suit then at her. "Correction: You matched me."

She puts a hand on her hip, "I sent you what I was wearing and you copied me."

I shrug, "I already had this picked out."

She gives me a look. "So you just happen to put on the same shade of blue I put on?"

She steps closer, a small smile on her face. "It's okay to admit you wanted to match me."

I take my hands out my pockets and put them on her hips. "I don't know what you're talking about." I act oblivious.

She lets out a small laugh and kisses me. "You're a terrible liar." She whispers.

I hum and kiss her. "You're beautiful," I whisper. "Especially with this color complementing your skin tone."

She hums and kisses me again. "You're handsome."

Leo makes a noise. We both look down at him. "How was he today?" I ask and rub his back.

"His eyes stayed open for a bit longer today and he found out he has hair on his head. He pulled it and didn't let go for at least thirty seconds, then cried for thirty minutes," she tells me.

"Freddy up!" Ivy says. I pick her up.

Valentina takes Ivy's hat off her head. "Hot," Ivy says.

I look at Valentina. "That means she wants her jacket off," she tells me. I take it off for her and hang it up.

"What are you two doing out here?"

Valentina and I both take a step back from each other at my mother's voice.

"Val it's nice to see you," she comes in between us and gives Val a hug. She gasps when she sees Leo. "Aw he's adorable."

"Leo," Ivy says and points.

My mother turns with a smile. "Hello beautiful."

Ivy shyly smiles and lays her head on my shoulder. "Dinner should be ready in a bit. Would you like anything?" My mother asks.

We both decline. "I wasn't asking you. I was asking Val," she tells me before walking off.

I roll my eyes.

I put my hand on the small of Valentina's back. "Cece and Sammy have been dying to see you for some reason," I tell her as we walk down the hallway.

"Ms. Val!" Cece yells with a smile.

"Hi Cece!" Valentina responds with the same enthusiasm.

Cece puts her hand in hers. "I missed you!"

"I missed you," Valentina replies. "I have more strawberry lipgloss. Your mom told me you ran out."

Cece giggles in joy. "Thanks Ms.Val!"

"You're welcome. I also have more butterfly clips."

Cece gasps, "Can you put them in my hair?"

Valentina nods and Cece tugs her along to the living room.

TIME SKIP

"Rico scoot a little closer to Val."

We both scoot closer until our legs touch. Rory stood in front of us with a polaroid camera in one hand and her other hand on her hip.

"This needs to be good," she mumbles.

"Why are we taking pictures?" Valentina asks.

"For the press; to give them something to chew on. They've been starving since the press caught you two on a date in November," she explains.

"Now smile and please act like you love each other. If you do you two will maybe get another photo shoot together. I'm hoping so I can get another gift basket," she says and puts the camera up.

"Why would Rory get a gift basket?" Valentina whispers to me.

I shrug, "Hell if I know. I'm guessing the managers get gift baskets when we do a photoshoot. She got something from Valentino the last time."

"Scoot a little closer," she tells us.

"We're already touching," Valentina says.

"Closer," Rory demands.

I grab Valentina by the waist and lift her onto my lap. "Better?" I ask.

"Perfect," she says with a grin. "Now smile."

Valentina holds my jaw in her hand and presses her cheek to mine and we both smile. "Okay, now another pose," Rory says.

"Give her a little smooch," Mama says with a mischievous look.

"Does my hair look good?" Valentina whispers.

I look at her and push down a curl that was sticking up a bit. I tuck a few strands behind her ear and she turns her head. We make eye contact and in that moment it was hard to resist kissing her soft lips.

She looks down at my lips and back into my eyes. She places her hand on my chest. I lightly squeeze her inner thigh.

"Okay!" Rory says with a smile. "That was amazing." She hands Valentina the polaroids and we look at them.

"You'll have to post them since Rico doesn't have social media," Rory says.

"Great, can we eat now?" Aaya asks. "We skipped lunch for this dinner, we're freaking starving." Troy adds.

"Yes, let's go," Mama says.

Valentina gets off my lap and I follow behind her.

Mama sits Val next to me and winks.

We joins hands and Mama says the longest prayer ever, then we finally get to eat.

"How's life with a new born?" Simone asks.

"It's alright. He's an easy baby. As long as you feed and change him he never cries," Valentina answered.

"I hope my baby is like that," Simone says. "The twins barely slept for the first two months."

"That's how Rico was," My mom cuts in with a smile. "He only let me or his father hold him. If anyone else tried he would scream until we were holding him again."

Simone lets out a small chuckle, "I could imagine." I narrow my eyes at her.

"How was Val?" Troy asks. "Was she always this mean?"

Valentina glares at him, "I'm not mean."

"Val was a sweetheart." Jamila says with a smile. "She still is."

Valentina gives Troy a taunting smile. "We mostly spent all of our time in the music room or library." Jamila continues.

"I remember when you two used to be friends," Mama says and points to the both of us.

We both look at each other. "Val used to follow you around and stuck by your side when we visited."

"Aw Val," Sabrina cooed. "How cute." Blair adds with a teasing smile.

Valentina picked up her knife, "Don't make me cut you two," she mumbles.

"You wouldn't," Blair says. "At least not while i'm holding Leo."

"Yes," Val mumbles. "But when-"

Leo lets out a loud cry.

"Awe," Blair mumbles and tries to soothe him. "See?" She asks and looks at Valentina. "Your child doesn't like when you threaten me."

Leo lets out a louder cry. "Maybe he doesn't like when you hold him," Troy replies with a sarcastic grin.

Blair makes a face at him.

"Sorry," Valentina apologizes and grabs Leo. "He usually never cries."

"It's okay sweetheart," My mom said with a small laugh. "We've all been there."

She checks his diaper, but he wasn't wet. She tries his bottle and pacifier, but he spits them out and cries.

Suggestions start to flow as to what she should do.

"Let me try," I say.

Valentina scoots closer to me. I put my tie over my shoulder and put his receiving blanket on me. I grab him and put him up against my chest and gently starts to rock him. After about five seconds he stops crying.

Val's rolls her eyes with a sigh. "Of course he stops when you hold him," she mumbles and fixes his socks.

I gently pat his back and he opens his eyes.

Valentina softly gasps, "Hi baby Leo," she whispers and puts her hand on top of mine.

I smooth out his hair with my free hand.

Valentina starts to whisper to him while he looks around and moves his head. I look up when I feel a stare.

My parents stared at me. My father stared with curiosity, my mother on the other hand, stared at me with a happy grin.

She raised her glass and nodded her head at me.

TIME SKIP

"I'm not entirely done with it. But I will get back to you as soon as I can," Blair whispers.

"How much longer until you find them?" I ask.

"Not long," she mumbles. "But if you keep rushing me, it'll only nag me." She pats my shoulder, "You'll be the first to know when I do."

"And you'll give me their location," I add.

She nods, "You're lucky we're friends. This would have costs you more." She smiles, "Good night. I have to go tend to my mother. She's drunken too much wine again."

I watch her as she walks away. My brows furrow. "We're friends?" I mumble.

Valentina comes back to the door. We go in a bit so they don't see us. "Are you coming home tonight or staying at your parents?" I ask.

"My parents probably," she answers. "Aaya and Troy want to have a movie marathon and I promised Ivy I would be there when she wakes up."

She steps closer, "I'll see you tomorrow though, yes?"

I nod and kiss her lips, "I'm taking the day off tomorrow."

She hums, "Is it okay if I bring Ivy along? She misses you already. While I was strapping her in she kept saying, 'I want Freddy.'"

I chuckle, "She can come by whenever. But I do wish she'd stop calling me that godawful name."

She laughs, "I think it's cute."

There was a honk, "Come on Val! What's taking so long?"

Valentina pecks my lips, "Bye. I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod and follow her out. I make sure she's in the car safely before going back into my parents.

I go back in the kitchen and roll up my sleeves. I stand beside my father and help him wash, rinse, and dry the dishes.

"You two look good together," My fathers says.

"Very good," my mother says and winks at me.

"Why don't you marry her?" My mother asks and comes in between me and my father.

"She's good looking, a model, her eyes are very beautiful. I could picture you getting lost in them."

"Mama," I mumble and set down a glass.

"She's richer than you, so you don't have to worry about a gold digger. She's resilient, respectful, kind, intelligent, and exceedingly humble. Did I mention she was beautiful and a model?"

"I'm starting to think you like her more than I do," I mumble.

Mama gasps and bumps her hip with mine. "So you do like her?" She smiles, "I'll have to call Mila when she gets home to tell her." She turns and walks off.

"You would be a fool not to marry her," my father says.

"She's smart. You'll need a woman like her in your corner. Especially one that knows well about the mafia. She's a perfect match for you."

He turns to me, "I would like to see you have children and a wife before I pass."

"Can you do that for me son?"

"Sure Papa," I answer.

He kisses both my cheeks, "Good." He pats my upper back, "Now finish these dishes. My back hurts."

I roll my eyes, "From what? You barely did anything."

"I kicked your brother's ass in sparing," he says with a chuckle.

"Oh and could you maybe put some cream on my-"

"Ask your wife," I cut him off with a cringe.

He laughs and walks off, leaving me with a sink filled with dirty dishes. I sigh and toss my tie over my shoulder and get to work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 20.1K 44
Book 4 of the Morelli Mafia Series. Please note you must read books 1,2,3 first. I was lost, believed I was abandoned. That couldn't further from th...
1.6M 38.3K 39
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "Adriana Valentin" - Her family was the most dangerous family in all of New York. Her father, Alejandro Valentín, being the most vi...
7.4K 123 9
(Book #1 of the Satan's Reapers series) "Fuck you." "I wouldn't stop you from doing so." ----- After being enemies for years, Eleanor and Theodor ar...