My Bright Light

By FairozSherif

This is my first book, so if you have any expectations, drop them, you'll get disappointed by the writing. Th... More

Author's note
Chapter One.
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 18

27 4 0
By FairozSherif

Amelia's pov*

"Adrian what do you want to tell me so badly that my food has to wait?" I asked folding my arms over my chest to try and seem intimateding.

Of course that didn't work.

"My parents are coming tomorrow. My dad is a dick and what ever he tells you. Please just ignore it because I don't want him to brainwash you or something. He's evil. And anything he says to you is a lie. Please don't let his opinion matter to you. And well my mom isn't any better. She's a golddigger and doesn't want anything other than her own evil desires. Do not let her opinion matter to you either." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"That was a lot of words." I whispered. "AMELIA!" Adrian shouted while shaking my shoulders. Snapping me out of my trance.

"Did you hear what I said?" He asked. "Yes. Did I understand it. No. You chose the wrong time to have a serious conversation. I just woke up dude. Do you really expect me to understand all of those words right now?" I asked shaking his shoulder just like he did to mine.

"My parents are coming tomorrow! My dad is a dick and what ever he tells you. just ignore it because I don't want him to brainwash you! He's evil. And anything he says to you is a lie! don't let his opinion matter to you. And my mom isn't any better. She's a golddigger and doesn't want anything other than her own evil desires. Do not let her opinion matter to you either!"  HE REPEATED THE WHOLE THING AGAIN! Only now he emphasized a lot more words

"DUDE I TOLD YOU I DONT HAVE THE ENERGY TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING RIGHT NOW." I said putting my hand over his mouth.

"Your pretty little mouth can rest till I have my breakfast then we can talk buddy." I said as I turned him around and pushed him a little.

He finally got the hint and walked away.

I swear I love this man. The way he looks into my eyes while his are full of adoration and love, makes my stomach do flips. And his touch. Don't even get me started on how amazing his touch feels. It's like he could bulge his hand into my chest and pull out my heart and I'd enjoy it. Just because it was from him.

I'd give up the world just to see him happy. That is always my number one priority.

I make my way to the dining room to eat breakfast and then after I was done with breakfast I go upstairs to find Adrian.

He hadn't eaten breakfast so I had a plate of food in my hand. It was his. He hadn't eaten and I figured he might be hungry.

I looked in his room and didn't find him there.

So I texted him,

To Adrian: where are you? I can't find you in this maze looking mansion.

After a few minutes he answered.

From Adrian: I'm in the balcony in your room. The view here is breathtaking so I wanted to stay there for a bit.

To Adrian: stay were you are. I'm coming.

I made my way to my room and opened the door.

Adrian indeed was in my balcony sitting peacefully with the cool breeze blowing in his face and in doing so his hair started moving.

A 5 star view.

"I brought you breakfast since you didn't come eat with us. You seem sad today what's wrong." I said, putting his plate of the table that was in the balcony and taking a seat next to Adrian.

"As I told you this morning my father is coming tomorrow. Hee bringing the wicked witch of the west with him. Aka my mother. They suck. And I hate them to bits. I'm not looking forwards to tomorrow so im hoping today goes by as slow as a snail." He said, taking a sip our of his orange juice.

Then he set back his drink and sighed. He seemed like he dreads every single conversation about his parents.

"Why do they suck?" I asked truly curious about what happened.

I grabbed his orange juice and took a sip readying myself for what he's going to say.

"They abused me." He said starting off. My orange juice came right back up, And out of my mouth.

"When I was younger my father would beat me up because and I quote "wasn't manly enough" I was freaking 5 years old! Anyway my mother never cared about me and my father wanted me to grow up and be the new leader of his mafia that's why I was heavily trianed after I turned 8 years old. When I mess up in a practice or anything my punishment would be to fight him and he would always win and shame me for losing. After I grew up a bit he started putting me in Tuff situations and he would come and save me just to prove that I will always need him. Like this one time he made his men kidnap me and he made them hold a gun to my head then he came and shot all of them just to save me. They were HIS men. He is the worst." He said while looking at the garden that was right under the balcony.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know that was a sensitive topic for you. They sound like they are the worst." I said looking at him with sorrow in my eyes.

"I just want to spend the day with you and enjoy it before hell breaks loose." He said, turning around and looking into my eyes.

"Now that sounds like a plan to me. Let's go eat something tonight!" I said excitingly.

"Where do you want to go eat?" He asked with a small smile.

"I WANT SUSHI! do you like sushi?" I asked looking at him.

"I've never tried it before." He said while wiping the orange juice that I spat from the table.

"You have to try it. It's the best!" I said removing his hand away from the table.

"Ok we will try sushi today for dinner. But now I want to tell you something." He said. "Shoot."

"Ok so there will be a dance ball on Monday and I want you to be my partner." He asked nervously. Adrian is nervous. Wow such a beautiful view.

"Fuck yes! that sounds fun. Can I ask what's the occasion?" I asked.

"It's for the Vance. They are another mafia and they just announced the new leader. Everytime a new leader is announced in the mafia. They have a party. But we call it a dance ball. We have to have a partner to dance with too. So I want you to be my dance partner. Usually every time a new leader is announced there is a surprise which only the leader knows." He said holding my hand in his.

"I don't know how to dance though." I said with my excitement deflating.

"That's why we need to practice the dance. Lucky for you I know the song." He said standing up.

"Come here." He said holding out his hand for me to take. I took his hand and he pulled out his phone and played the song that we will dance to at the ball.

He tossed his phone on the bed and he put one hand on my waist and the other one was in my hand.

He pulled me close and he started dancing and swaying to the song playing. Eventually I started following his moves and doing the same thing he's doing.

His eyes were on mine and his eyes were filled with adoration and love just like always. I love the way he looks at me; Like I'm the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

He was so close to me I could feel his breath fanning my nose. I say my nose because he was tall and I barely was at his shoulder.

He leaned in closer and I think he was about to kiss me. I leaned in over to to catch his lips but I caught his foot instead.

I stepped on his foot hard and I was wearing shoes and the poor guy was wearing socks.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry I didn't mean to smash your foot like that." I said kinda quilty but still laughing.

"It's fine. You're a great dancer in my opinion by the way." He said while still dancing.

"You are not so bad yourself." I said returning the complement.

I was getting the hang of this when I tripped on My own foot and fell. I yelped and landed on my butt and groaned.

"I say that's enough practice for today don't you think?" I say. Then I spread out and lay on the floor in a star position.

Adrian started laughing and said. "Ok will practice later."

☆☆☆☆☆

I wore a cute feminine suit because that kinda felt like a date. But I was kinda nervous that I was way to over dressed.

But when I saw Adrian wearing an all black sexy suit I sure as hell didn't regret wearing that suit.

"You look gorgeous." Adrian said looking at me after I walked in into his room. I never wear make up because I always thought my face was pretty without any. But tonight I just put a tiny bit of lip gloss and decided that it was enough.

He kept staring at me which made me feel shy so I said. "You know staring is rude right?" I said smiling.

"Not when you look this good. It's supernatural." He said. I started blushing bright red and he laughed at that.

"Tonight I'm not taking a chauffeur. I'll drive us to the restaurant." Adrian said which I had no problem with.

He and I walked up to a black Lamborghini and he opened the door for me.

What a gentleman.

"Thank you."I said while I hopped into the car. It was hard to walk on the heals I was wearing. They were black 4 inches heals. And since it still kinds hurt to walk, it was sort of hard to walk in these but no way I was wearing sneakers to my date.

If you can call it that.

He sat in the driver's seat and started the engine.

He started driving out of the garage. I couldn't stop looking at how gorgeous he looked. Truly a Greek God.

His tattoo was showing. The yin one. So I decided to ask him.

"Adrian what is that tattoo? The yin one. Why isn't it complete?" I asked tilting my head to see the tattoo better.

"That. Dear Amelia. Is my half of the tattoo. Once I find someone I'm truly in love with and know I want to spend the rest of my like with them I will tattoo the other half." He said still focusing on the road.

I feel stupid. If I was his other he would have tattooed the other half.

He must like someone else

I pushed the thoughts out of my head and said. "That sounds cool as fuck. I want to do that. Like find my other half and tattoo them." I said acting excited.

"I personally had my tattoo done when I first fell in love. She was a gold digger and I didn't notice. She didn't love me and I thought she was my one and only. She wasn't. So I got that tattoo for when I do find someone." He explained.

"I have never been in a relationship. I never even has a crush on someone before." I said looking at him.

I noticed that Adrian didn't stop at the restaurant that we were suppose to go to.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To eat sushi." He said bluntly.

"But you passed the restaurant." I said pointing out the car window.

"I didn't say we are going to that restaurant Melia." He said smiling at me.

I'm excited now. Where are we going? I hope it has good sushi.

After 15 minutes of awkward silence he killed the engine and said. "That's where we are eating."

He got out of the car and opened my door for me. He held out his hand and I took it.

I got out of the car and looked at the restaurant. The name was written in japanese so I wasn't able to read it.

It looked so fancy it seemed like just looking at it would cost you your soul.

He held out his arm for me to inter lock mine with and I did.

We walked inside and the waiter walked up to us.

"What name did you reserve under?" The waited asked with a weird accent.

"Adrian D'sanni." Adrian answered.

The waiter checked the list and nodded.

"Sure Mr. D'sanni. Follow me." The waiter said and we started following him.

He lead us so a fancy two seat table with flowers and candles on it.

"10 minutes and your food will be here." He said then walked away.

"Wait aren't we suppose to order first?" I asked Adrian.

"When you reserve for a table you also order the food. Dont worry." He said.

The soy sauce was infront of me and I like to dip my chopsticks into it to taste it and I did.

After 10 minutes the food came back and it was a big tray with all kinda of sushi on it. Then came the Wasabi and guacamoli. I took my chopsticks and began to eat.

Adrian looked like he was struggling with his chopsticks so I helped him with it.

"Put your finger like this and move your other finger like this." I said moving the chopsticks in my hand.

He got tired and stabbed the sushi with his chopsticks instead.

I laughed and said. "You could just ask the waiters to bring you a fork Adrian." I said still laughing.

He put the sushi in his mouth and started chewing. "What do you think?" I asked excited for his reaction.

"It's really good." He said smiling at me.

"Try the dippings. Like this. This is quacamoli." I said handing him the small plate.

"Wait let me get a fork first." He said.

After Adrian asked for the fork the waiter brought it and he tasted the sushi with the Wasabi instead. Like an idiot.

"Adrian this is the Wasabi! You shouldn't put this- much." I said as he put the sushi in his mouth.

He swallowed the sushi then started coughing. His throat was probably burning lava right now.

There was water next to me so I handed him the water. He drank some and was still coughing.

I couldn't help but die laughter at him.

The waiter saw what he did and he brought a small cup of milk. I think this restaurant deals with dumb people like Adrian a lot.

Adrian started calming down and I was still laughing.

"Why would anyone want to do this to themselves?" He asked still drinking his water.

"They don't. Your just stupid." I said while my laughter died down.

There was sushi with fish eggs on it and I was excited to try it because I never did. I tasted it and it was so delicious I had to make Adrian try it.

I held the sushi with my chopsticks and said. "Adrian you have to try this it's so good."

Adrian opened his mouth and took the sushi into his mouth.

"Indeed." He mumbled while the food is still in his mouth.

"Don't talk while eating. You will choke and die." I said bluntly while pointing my chopsticks at him.

"Why do you turn everything into a dark topic?" I asked laughing.

"Hello? forensic doctor?" I said to him.

"It's a natural thing to know the reason people die, Adie. Like right now. If you don't shut up and enjoy your meal you will die of a very common disease called, Amelia" I said smiling sweetly at him.

"I doubt that. You would never hurt your property." He said teasing me.

"You'd be surprised."

~~~~~

His parents suck.

Like a lot.

Anyway

Vote!

Ciao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 860 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
5.2K 149 25
ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES. Thank you for reading though! As a young girl you had always believed that monsters as they seemed, were always big creepy th...
4K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
8.6K 135 51
This book can be read as a standalone, however, I advise you to read His Possession first. This would help you understand the context and not spoil t...