My Bright Light

By FairozSherif

This is my first book, so if you have any expectations, drop them, you'll get disappointed by the writing. Th... More

Author's note
Chapter One.
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 16

26 4 0
By FairozSherif

Amelia's pov*

I looked at the clock. 1 am.

I heard a knock on my door and I said a simple enter.

Adrian.

"Hey Amelia, I just wanted to check up on you. How are you feeling?" He asked sitting on the bed.

I sat up. "Never better." I said and my voice cracked. I hate when that happens

"Amelia I know you don't think this is true, but your father didn't mean to teach you the rules that way. It's his twisted way of support. He loves you so much, Amelia." He said putting his hand over mine.

"I know it's not his fault. And it's no one's fault but mine. I should have tried harder to free myself. Instead, I just cried in pain like a little fucking baby."

"How can you say that? Amelia, you were cuffed down. You couldn't do anything. You really think in your fault? Look at me in the eyes and tell me you really think it's your fault." Adrian said.

I looked him in the eyes and started crying.

I pulled him into a hug and put my arms around his neck and he nuzzle his head into the crook of my neck and we stayed like that.

I held him tightly. I never want to let him go. Never.

"Adrian," I said quietly.

"Mm?" He answered still in the crook of my neck with gave me shivers down my spine.

"Do you mind spending the night here? I don't want to be alone. My thoughts are depressing enough. I'm not sure I can handle sitting alone." I mumbled.

"I don't mind amore mio" He mumbled back.

I couldn't help but feel sleepy. He is so warm and comfortable that I couldn't resist the sleepiness so I just fell asleep.

Adrian's pov*

I felt her breathing even and steady which means she fell asleep. I didn't want to pull away from the hug so I picked her up. Not changing the position we were in and I lifted the covers up and I laid there on amelias bed with her in my hand.

It was the most comfortable thing I have ever felt. She was so warm and her hair smelled like coconut.

She was perfect. Not a flaw. I thought I'd never find someone who'd make me slightly happy, I was right. I'm not slightly happy. I'm fucking overjoyed.

I thought there was no such thing at soulmates but I was oh so wrong.

Amelia is my other half.

I can't imagine losing her and what that would do to me.

I like her.

I'm going so soft for her that even Corbin and Ian are getting scared that I will go soft and not be as ruthless with business as I was.

Well, they are wrong Amelia might be making me go soft but only for her. She makes me strong. She's my backbone.

I am stronger than ever when I'm with her.

She was sleeping in my arms and her hair was over her face so I brushed some of it off and tucked the few strands behind her ear.

I gave her a small peck on the cheek then I nuzzle my head into her neck. Breathing in her perfect smell then I fell asleep.

Best night of sleep I ever had.

☆☆☆☆☆

Amelia's pov*

I can't move what is going on. I felt a sharp pain in my chest so I looked down and saw that I was in the basement again!

This time I wanted to fight them. I have to I'm not weak!

The door opened and then walked in my buddies. Abel and Nathan.

I checked to see If I was bound to anything and I was. I was cuffed to the same fucking gas pipe that I was bound to last time and I was laying on the table with my legs cuffed. Just like last time.

Fucking shit how am I gonna fight them if I can't use any of my limbs?

Abel came and ripped my clothes off and started "having fun" is what he called it. But it was anything but that for me.

I tried not to give them the satisfaction of me screaming in pain because I know they will enjoy it.

I couldn't. It was too painful to ignore! I started screaming "STOP! YOU HAVE YOUR MONEY! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS! PLEASE!" I screamed while tears were pouring out of my eyes like a waterfall.

"Shut up. SHUT UP!" Nathan screamed at me while sucking on my body like a disgusting slug.

"LET ME GO! STOP! PLEASE IT HURTS!" I screamed I wanted to do anything to make them stop. I just wanted it all to stop!

"AMELIA STOP IT! WAKE UP!"

"Wake up Amelia it's just a dream!" I heard someone say while shaking me to wake me up.

My cheeks were soaked with tears and i was as red as a tomato.

"It's just a dream Amelia." Adrian said cupping my face in his hands.

I looked at him a wiped my tears away fast and said. "Yeah it's just a dream. Let's go back to sleep. I'm fine Adrian let's sleep."

"Amelia you aren't fine you're shaking like crazy. What did you dream about?" He asked.

"It's nothing Adrian go back to sleep." I said putting my hand on his that was still cupping my face.

"Amelia tell me." He calmly said. But I knew if I didn't he won't be calm anymore.

"I was dreamt about Abel and Nathan. Now can I please go back to sleep. I really don't want to talk about it." I said quietly.

Adrian's pov*

She's literally shaking with fear. Why can't she just let me help her?

I sighed and nodded my head. The I sat on the bed and just as I was about to lay down she started shaking even more.

"I.. I can't- breathe- I ca-" She started gasping for air like someone just stole all of it.

She's having a panic attack. Shit I don't know what to do.

"Amelia you're having a panic attack to stop it you need to slow your breathing. Amelia focus! Slow your breathing bab- I mean Amelia. Just slow your breathing"

"Breathe with me come on." I said then I started taking slow breathes in and out. She starter following me.

"Good good good. Now drink this." I gave her a water bottle that was in her mini fridge.

She drank some of the water and calmed down completely.

"I'm so fucking tired of them popping up everywhere. I wanna sleep please." She whispered while wiping the water on her lips with her wrist.

"Ok let's sleep whatever suits you." I whispered to her while rubbing her back to give her comfort.

She laid down and so did I. And we slept again like nothing happened.

Only difference is that she took my arm and wrapped in around her like a blanket.

My heart did a happy dance then I calmed down so she won't hear how much my heart is beating. And slept.

☆☆☆☆☆

Amelia's pov*

Fuck living. It's so overrated.

I want to evaporate and disappear into thin air. I have no motivation to do anything at all. All I want to do is sit and cry till my eyeballs burn and my cheeks on fire.

Unfortunately Adrian is making sure I don't get lock up myself again. He's always with me. Not that I hate his presence but I just don't want to do anything at all.

"You want to listen to music Melia?" Adrian asked. He was trying to change my mood bur I didn't want to do anything. We were still in my room but we didn't get up. I just sat there staring at the ceiling like it's the most interesting thing to ever exist.

"I'm good thank you Adrian." I said and I looked at the disappointment on his face and I immediately regretted declining his offer.

"I'm sorry Adrian I did not mean to disappoint you I will listen to music. I'm sorry." I said sitting up and grabbing my phone so I can listen to music.

"Amelia usually don't have to do anything. It was just a suggestion. Don't apologize and uou didn't disappoint me bambina." (baby)

"What the fuck does bambina mean." I said starting to get frustrated.

"It means nothing Amelia." He said then pulled me closer to him.

Not gonna lie the best part of my horrible day yesterday. Is that Adrian was with me the whole time.

His touch sends sparks through out my entire body. And when he looks at me his eyes kind of glow a bit I don't know how to explain it but when I look into his eyes I see happiness not like the first few times that I bad observed his eyes. He was sad and you could see it in his eyes.

It's 11 am right now. I don't want to move.

"Adrian you can go on with your day you don't have to sit with me here. I'm not planning on eating breakfast. That doesn't mean you shouldn't eat breakfast. Go and eat I'm just going to watch something here." I whispered playing with his hand.

"First of all Melia you will eat breakfast second of all I don't want to move from here. When I'm with you I don't need a single thing." He whispered back.

Holy fuck he just said that.

I smiled at him and said. "Fine but I'm not ready to face my family after what I just told them I'm too embarrassed by myself to look at them Adrian."

"Why are you embarrassed Amelia?" Adrian asked looking into my eyes. Intimateding me.

"Because I didn't want to appear as the tainted person they saw yesterday and as for you. You already know I'm weak and I can not pretend infront of you. It's simply too hard. you see right through me" I said. Trying hard not to cry.

I'm sick of always crying infront of them. it's seriously annoying I'm surprised they didn't get sick of me already.

"You are not weak Amelia. I swear to you. I have seen strong ass people in my life and you are the strongest one I've seen. And I'm not talking about muscles. And uou know it. Just admit it to yourself and stop blaming yourself for what happened." He said cupping my face and staring holes into my eyes.

I nodded and hugged him. He's irresistible. I had to feel his warm hug.

I could live in this hug for years and I wouldn't get bored.

"And you are coming down to eat breakfast." He whispered and I pinched his waist.

"What are you? a lobster? Stop pinching me!" He yelled then got up with me in his hand. "Ok Adrian I will freaking eat breakfast with the family but my arrival won't be in your arms. Let me down" I said with a serious face.

"I'm just putting you in the wheelchair you drama queen." He said then indeed put me in the wheelchair that I had no idea was in my room.

"At least I don't pull out a gun everytime someone tries to wake me up." I said mocking him.

"It's called self defense Melia." He said dragging me out of my room.

"I look horrible Adrian I need to at least brush my morning hair! Do you want me to give my family a heart attack on my second day here!" I said holding onto the door frame. I don't know why but they seem to solve my problems sometimes.

"You look great Amelia. Your hair isn't even tangled look."Adrian said while wheeling me inti the bathroom.

And indeed my hair looks good. Abnormally good.

"Ugh fine let's just get this day over with."I sighed and Adrian wheeled me to the elevator and we went to the main floor and you know the drill.

We went to the dining room where there was a big ass dining table with Christian. Will, my father and another girl I never met.

"Gpod morning." Adrian said smiling."Good morning everyone." I said after him.

They all greeted us back "Amelia this is my fiancée Olivia." William said while kissing her on the cheek.

"Hey nice to meet you. I'm Amelia. Will's sister." I said smiling at Olivia.

"Hey its nice to know your finally back" She said smiling warmly.

I sat next to Adrian at this point I never see anyone next to me besides Adrian. He's always by my side.

Adrian put a plate packed with food infront of me and I glared at him.

"What? I told you. You're gonna eat breakfast didn't I?" He said smiling.

I sighed and minded my business and started eating.

The plate was so good but I didn't have an appetite. I didn't want to disappoint Adrian again so I just swallowed half of my food.

"I'm done this is way too much food." I mumbled wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"It's fine just finish the eggs." Adrian said.

I swallowed the rest of the egg and looked at him. "Better?" I asked.

"Much better." He said with a soft smile.

His smile can brighten the darkest room in the world its seriously one of the prettiest smiles I have ever seen with his pearly white teeth and his perfect lips. It's just so beautiful.

His smile made me smile everytime he looked at me.

He's my bright light. The only light I saw in my darkness.

"Adrian?"

"Yes?" He answered.

"Is this cast water proof?" I asked.

"Yes it is Melia." He said while still eating hid food.

"Fucking great." I said smiling, internally doing my happy dance.

"Why are you so happy?" Adrian asked looking at me with the same smile.

"Oh you will see. Just eat."I said.

This is gonna be so fucking fun.

Finally something I'm excited for.

~~~~~

Guess what Amelia is gonna do in the next chapter ->

Usually I read the chapter to check for any spelling mistakes but I'm too tired to do that so.

Yeah

Did you like the adrilia moment?

Vote!

Ciao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 135 51
This book can be read as a standalone, however, I advise you to read His Possession first. This would help you understand the context and not spoil t...
203K 4K 23
Isla Holbrooke wakes up everyday knowing she's different. She accepts it, she embraces it, but she's not sure she quite understands it. Her scars are...
67.1K 1.9K 50
Being the only daughter of the Rossini Family, Audelia Valentina Rossini becomes the target of countless dangerous enemies and what happens if she fa...
7.1K 97 14
book delays are likely and i do apologise!! Disclaimer: Please read all Trigger Warnings before beginning the book - I would appreciate it if haters...