THE ELEMENTAL CHRONICLE

By CaptNAndrews

In the kingdom of Ipuinia, the status of Aristricata relies on one thing: whether you have elemental blood or... More

Author's Note
BOOK ONE: THE CIRCLET
PROLOGUE
ONE | The Red Village.
TWO |
THREE |
FOUR |
FIVE | The Royal City
SIX |
SEVEN |
EIGHT |
NINE |
TEN |
TWELVE |
THIRTEEN |
FOURTEEN |
FIFTEEN |
SIXTEEN |
SEVENTEEN |
EIGHTEEN |
NINETEEN |
TWENTY |
TWENTY ONE |
TWENTY TWO |
Twenty Three|
Twenty Four |
Twenty Five |
Twenty Six |
Twenty Seven |
Twenty Eight |
Twenty Nine |
Thirty |
Thirty One |
Thirty Two |
Thirty Three |
Thirty Four |
Thirty Five |
Thirty Six |
Thirty Seven |
Thirty Eight |
Thirty Nine |
Forty |
Forty One |
Forty Two |
Forty Three |
Forty Four |
Forty Five |
Forty Six |
Forty Seven |
Forty Eight |
Forty Nine |
Fifty | Book one finale
BOOK TWO: THE PENDANT
Prologue |
One | Neorian
Two |
Three |
Four |
Five |
Six |
Seven |
Eight |
Nine |
Ten |
Eleven |
Twelve |
Thirteen |
Fourteen |
Fifteen |
Sixteen |
Seventeen |
Eighteen |
Nineteen |
Twenty |
Twenty-One |
Twenty-Two |
Twenty-Three |
Twenty-Four |
Twenty-Five |
Twenty-Six |
Twenty-Seven |
Twenty-Eight |
Twenty-Nine |
Thirty |
Thirty-One |
Thirty-Two |
Thirty-Three |
Thirty-Four |
Thirty-Five |
Thirty-Six |
Thirty-Seven |
Thirty-Eight |
Thirty-Nine |
Forty |
Forty-One |
Forty- Two |
Forty-Three |
Forty-Four |
Forty-Five |
Forty-Six |
Forty-Seven |
Forty-Eight |
Forty-Nine |
Fifty |
Epilogue |
BOOK THREE: THE GAUNTLET

ELEVEN |

497 29 7
By CaptNAndrews

ELEVEN |

My hand flew to my mouth as I realized my horrid mistake. Chewing at my bottom lip I looked from the dead flower and back to him. Then against my better judgement, I told him everything. He listened quietly, without interruption. 

"I see," he said when I was done. 

I looked down at my hands, "Will you keep my secret?"

"Of course," he replied with a smile, "But I think you are an elemental."

I perked up at that, "You do?"

"After classes, let's try and summon your abilities. I have never been wrong before. Not to mention your eyes," he said. 

I tilted my head, "My eyes?"

"I have never seen eyes so emerald green. That must mean something."

A giggle slipped from my lips, "I do hope you're right about that."

I truly did. I wanted nothing more than to believe that deep down somewhere I was an elemental. Even if a minor one. The thought of Benji taking the life out of the lavender slipping from my mind as he began his private lesson. 

For the next hour I hovered over the soil with my fingers spread, Benji telling me tactics I could try such as focusing my thoughts on growth, etc. but we had no luck. At the end of the hour all I felt was exhaustion and disappointment. 

"Hey," Benji said, placing his ebony hand on my pale one, "Don't stress out. It'll happen but slowly. We'll keep working on it, ok?" 

I nodded, a small smile on my face, "Thank you." 

For a moment we just stood, his hand on mine. I had never considered it before but all the men in the castle were utterly beautiful. My lips parted as I stared at Benji's eyes. Now I noticed they were brown but once he began casting they lit with the prettiest golden hues. 

"Benji!" Prince Bram's voice called from outside. 

We jolted, flying apart. A hot blush danced across my cheeks as I stumbled back and curtsied to Benji. As I did, the door was pushed open and Bram stepped through, a cut ran through his thick sleeve and through his skin. 

"What have you done to your arm?" Benji grumbled, annoyed. 

Bram looked between us, a frown on his face, "More importantly, what are you doing in an empty room with the Lady Roisin? Do I hear bells tolling in the distance?" 

Benji's eyes dropped in shame and I looked between them with confusion. 

"He was giving me elemental training," I said not sure what his words meant. 

Bram's icy blue eyes slid to me with sympathy, "Is that so? Ciara, you cannot be in a room alone with a man. Your reputation would ruin." 

"I-I don't understand," I stuttered, "He is an instructor."

Bram nodded, "All the reason not to be in the same room with him. I'm not telling you to stop, however please ensure you begin bringing at least your attendee with you for these after hours meetings. The castle is unforgiving when it comes to gossip." 

"Especially with me," Benji muttered. 

I blinked, "I'm sorry, I don't understand."

"I know," Bram sighed, "You are still new here but you will. Now come, I shall escort you back to your chambers. I believe Eliza has an evening class soon, you should take a small break before your lesson in history." 

That had me perked up as I took his arm, "The history of Ipunia?"

"Yes, and the tales of the first elemental," he replied as we walked. 

Behind us Benji followed along. We walked back into the castle, cutting through the first floor. As we did, Bram suddenly froze, allowing Benji to walk right into his back. I looked at Bram with confusion when I followed his gaze towards a peculiar woman who was being crowded by a crowd of nobles; in her stead many men carried in large crystals. I was astonished by the beautiful crystals, taking a step forward as if I may touch one of the beautiful gems. 

Bram pulled me back, "We will go the other way."

I looked from him back to the woman. There was a slight break in the crowd, and now I got a better view of the woman. She was older, wearing a long black gown with lack sleeves, confined by a lace black corset, and attached to the shoulders of her gown was a long sheer cape. It brushed across the floor as she walked, her heels clicking as she walked. Her long blonde locks were pulled up, woven into the golden crown. It was adorned by many gems and jewels, and had long points across the band. Mama would describe her crown as elven, but I had no idea what that meant. All I knew was this woman was a vision of elegance and power. 

"Who is that?" I whispered. 

The woman's head turned suddenly, as if she heard me. Those cold blue eyes locked with mine and before I could question Bram again, he was pulling me back the way we came. I tilted my head to look at him. The fear and worry etched clearly onto his face. 

"What is it?" I asked, concerned, "Why are you so panicked?"

He glanced at me, his face clearing slightly but his voice hard, "That is my mother. Queen of Ipuinia. You are to avoid her at all costs. She is a cruel and heartless woman." 

My eyes widened at his cold words.

Benji hummed from behind us, "Prince Bram..."

"Yes I know," Bram snapped, before exhaling, "Forgive me Ciara, I shouldn't speak ill of my mother. Nor the queen. However her nature may be."

I nodded slowly, and we began walking up the steps of the tower. The rest of the way was walked in silence. And as we reached the princess' floor, he let go of my arm before bowing and silently leaving. I gave Benji a question look but he simply shook his head. 

"How odd," I whispered as they left. 

"My lady!" Loli's voice called happily, "Welcome back. How was your first classes?"

I turned, smiling at the girl, "It seems I got chewed out on my first day." 

She gasped in horror, "Oh my. Shall I run a bath?" 

"Yes, please," I sighed, wanting any excuse to get this corset off, "Is Eliza back?"

We moved to the bathing room, as we did I allowed my shawl to fall from my shoulders. I had not yet been inside but it was like every other room in the castle—grand and beautiful. The walls were gold, the floor marble. Lights sat across the tops of the walls. Upon the walls were pink curtains that framed the many white shelves: full of oils and salts. The beautiful and large tub sat in the middle of the room, above it a metal grate. I watched with curiosity as Loli stepped into the room and pressed a button on the side of the tub. The grate opened, and water began to rain down into the tub. 

I was bewildered. 

"She is not," Loli carried on as if this utter magic was normal, "However, her history lesson shall take place in the study. What oils and salts do you prefer?"

I frowned not knowing anything, "Can you pick for me?" 

"Of course!" Loli chirped, moving among the shelves, adding scents and salts into the bath, "Would you like me to free you of your corset?"

A giggle slipped from my lips, "Yes please." 

Once the bath was drawn, she moved towards me. Once the corset was off, I thanked her and she left. I was grateful she knew not to stay. No doubt Rosa would wash Eliza's body but such bathing felt uncomfortable to me. Once I was alone, I slipped the gown from my body, and my shoes before looking down at the sheer silk chemise that tugged my body. Prince Erik was right, while Eliza and I shared petite frames, my breasts were much fuller. 

After pulling the chemise off, I slipped one foot into the bubbled bath, finding the temperature perfect. A moan slipped from my lips, as I got in fully, my eyes fluttering shut as I enjoyed the bath. The oils of citrus and honey tickled my nose, and I found myself lulling off. 

That was until the door opened, and I sighed. No doubt Loli was back to dress me in a new ridiculous gown and unnecessary corset. The only comfortable thing was the chemise but that too became too much when paired with a gown and corset.  

"Is it time go get out already?" I joked softly. 

"That is entirely up to you," a deep voice that was not Loli's purred, "I'd enjoy the view in either case. Although, the bubbles are disrupting my view to an annoying degree."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 712 28
In a world where every royalty child is born with magical powers, depending on its kingdom, unexpected thing occur as a powerless princess is born in...
216K 2.1K 36
One day, I read that in real-life fairy tales, the princess sometimes needs to befriend the dragon and kill the prince, perhaps not to the most extre...
702 13 55
Aleah has been told all her life that she is worthless and weak by her older sister, Amora. But, when Aleah finds out that she is going to be betroth...
257 13 11
Character Description and Aesthetic Contest prompts: •Fantasy: In a kingdom of elemental magic, you gain the ability to control all four elements...