Tranquility beyond

By Tangotkt

A long time ago when the cold blooded King and the shape shifter King had made peace with each other having h... More

Tranquility Beyond
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 10

203 20 2
By Tangotkt

Melissa's POV

I look at the man in front of me with focus, reading every move he makes. He is scary but at the same time intriguing.

I remember what I'm doing this for. I deserve my rightful place as Queen and if Shane won't take me as his Queen then I will take down his kingdom and rule over all these Alpha's.

I have always been at the backseat since we were born. Christian was the golden boy and I was just... his sister. Mom and father mistreated me since birth. I wasn't smart enough, I wasn't ambitious, strong and not to mention my wolf never came even after 14 which is later than other wolves.

I'm not the first person to have a wolf that is a late bloomer but I'm one of the rarest. Most wolves show up when you are 14 but for higher Ranks like Alphas, Betas, Deltas(Also known as Gammas), they get their wolves at 12 or 11 for early training.

It isn't natural for a Beta bloodline to have a late bloomer, especially a royal beta family and as an example I was a disgrace to my family. My brother never paid any attention to me because Shane kept him occupied.

It was hard for me considering they were popular and good looking as kids. When Holden was still their friend they were inseparable. They always blew me off saying I can't hang out with them because I'm a girl but they did hang out with Lydia because she was pretty. Shane and Holden always competed over her. She sometimes hang out with me only in secret because she was embarrassed of hanging out with a nerd.

Believe it or not we used to be best friends. She knew my obsessive crush on Shane and I knew she liked Holden more than Shane. That all changed when Holden left. One minute we're friends and the next she is screwing my crush 24/7 and has found a new best friend.

I hated her and I still do, Shane was mine and she took her. Shane had never given me a single glance. We lived in the same castle for years but he never talked to me and I even asked myself if he knew his beta had a sister or not.

I trained with everyone else and I was good but not good enough because I was weak and I didn't have a wolf. Some even suspected I might be human. It's common for twins of an opposite gender to have only one who isn't a werewolf. Wolves are dominant and they always fight for dominance, they fight for dominance inside the womb and one actually dies before birth.

My mom always pushed me to my fullest and I always slept with my body aching because I couldn't heal myself without a wolf. I cried and prayed to moon Goddess to take me out of my misery. I did everything in my power until I was 17 when I decided to visit witches.

They gave me a wolf, a strong one that has 3 times more strength than any of the pack warriors. When I shifted into my dark grey wolf everyone was shocked. I had them believe it was a gift from the goddess because of its emerald green eyes. The only difference between my wolf and others is that mine doesn't have a soul. It doesn't talk to me, it's just me shifting into a different being.

I proved my strength by challenging multiple warriors and my parents couldn't be more proud of me. I got noticed and I got the fame I've always wanted, even when Lydia and Shane had separated he slept with me and I actually thought he loved me but he was just using me to forget about Lydia because they were forbidden to see each other.

My heart shattered into pieces. That's when I came up with a plan. Alpha James approached me offering to dethrone Shane and him and I could rule together. He thought after his mate died, he was to remarry the Queen but Shane didn't approve and neither did the Queen. He married her sister instead but he used that opportunity still.

I found out he has been planning to take down Shane for a long time and even worked with a Fae.

Carrying out my plan to remove Shane was by working with Hunters. I know they despise wolves but they hate their king more and as every other person, they know that the only way to take down a group of people was removing their leader.

I am currently standing in front of the infamous Mikhaal Gracia planning his attack on the upcoming ball. I helped them with inside information because I want them to do all the dirty work.

I want the death of Shane and his friends and that little human mate of his? I'll kill her myself, slowly and painfully. I don't want them to know about her.

"What is this ball about?" The British man in front of me asks.

"They called all Alphas in America to warn them about you and the Hues."

He nods giving a malicious smile. "What do you get out of this? Your brother is the Beta so why would you betray them?" He asks with interest. I expected that question.

"I despise him, all of of them. I want their blood and I will soon be Queen. They don't deserve their titles, I do." He lifts one eyebrow as if he thinks my reasons are stupid.

"I like you already." He says before he leaves.

I am suddenly hit with an amazing scent. Hazelnut and caramel. It's amazing and the closer it gets the stronger the scent is and the more I realise...

"Why hello beautiful," A man that looks to be in his 20s says. Correction, a hot man. He has brown hair, long eyelashes and blue eyes that I could look at always. He is my mate.. I found my mate and he is a hunter. That's impossible I don't have a wolf by the Moon Goddess!

My mouth stays wide open that a family of flies could enter and build an on going empire in there considering how long I was just frozen there starstruck.

"Mate?" I say still confused, I never thought I could have a mate, that's a dream I had given up on a long time ago.

Yes yes that's mate!

I hear a voice inside my head say. Wait what? My wolf doesn't speak.

Yes I do dummy, I just never spoke to you. And besides, we are meant to be Queen and now we have mate to be King.

I don't answer to the weird voice in my head because I don't know if I'm hallucinating or not seeing as there is a beautiful man in front of me.

His malicious smile makes me whimper a bit, he scares me more than Shane. "Yes love, I can feel the attraction. You and I are meant to be and we are meant to kill those wolves." He said emphasizing the word "wolves" .

My heart suddenly skips a beat at his words, he called me love..

"What is your name?" I ask even more interested in knowing him.

"Lloyd, and what name is given to the beautiful woman in front of me?" He grabs my hand places small kisses on them. The sparks on my hands feel sensational and I couldn't help want to jump on him.

"Melissa," I clear my throat since my voice came out all raspy and out of breath, "My name is Melissa." I finally say.

He smiles at me for a while. "This is disgusting." I hear someone from the back, I growl at whoever dares to ruin my our moment.

"I'd feel good if you two didn't fuck in front of us, how will we get inside without being directed?" Says another man who's name I don't know yet.

"Ahem sorry, there are tunnels underground that I used to use to get anywhere in the castle. I'll lead you and as for your scent. Use this," I say giving them a spray bottle that I was given by the witches to hide the scent of my wolf being not normal.

"This is a scentless spray, spray it on every part of your body and no one will tell the difference between you and the walls. Not even the King." They nod and start getting it all over.

Tonight is a special night. One of the pack guards, Owen told me that security is not aware of what we are about to do. My other guard flew off, he really ran away after stupidly letting rogues enter the territory and he got caught so he ran away. I gave him money so that he can start a new life, he's not a bad guy but he hated the Royals since the King let his mother get killed during the war.

We get ready to sneak into Owen's post to head over the tunnels that lead to the castle underground. Since I'm not sneaking in rogues but rather people who are used to being stealth, this is easier. Why do we hate Hunters again?

Mikhaal comes back now with no scent and his gear on. He has two guns and a two swords on his back, a silver hand knife on his right hand with gloves to cover his hand, he is prepared. That's why they call him the ruthless Hunter. It's such a shame that they didn't bring the masked hunter, this would've been better but he works alone.

"I have two of my best guards and my daughter ready, I have assigned them to block the front exit. I have two females with  one male that will block the back exit and Jasper and Ginger will block the right exit." He informs me. He really studied that huge castle but I'm glad of his determination. Wait he has a daughter?! That's new information. I bet he trained his daughter to the fullest, I wonder what Shane will say when he sees two Gracia's against him. I can't wait.

"Good, we will enter in the west post that will give us easy access to the tunnels and while we enter the tunnels, your men will have to kill the guards on the doors of the entrances, replacing them with your assigned guards." I say pointing at the plans on the table.

As soon we finalise drafting the plan everyone gets ready. The thrill and excitement that tomorrow I might have what I want. If not tomorrow then I have a back up plan which is why I'm not fighting with the Hunters. I don't fully trust them to take the Royals down as they are extremely strong whereas hunters are just over developed humans. The only difference is the strength and speed but it's still weaker than of an average wolf. They are only strong if they train well like Mikhaal Gracia. I have more faith in this because I got the chance to recruit the cruel British Hunter, the infamous Gracia.

As we are about to leave, Gracia calls 8 of their warriors and one of them is covering his face, no her face. You could easily mistake them for a man if you don't zoom in and see the curves and the butt. Suddenly I remember, Alpha Connor's concern, Shane talked a lot about it, he was pissed and worried. Nothing has ever shaken Shane since the Snow Queen. Nothing except.... The Masked hunter. The masked hunter is here? No freaking way we are losing. I gotta say females win this one.

"This is my daughter, she will be staying guard in blocking the exits and entrances. Tell us where to start." Mikhaal orders. He reminds me of Shane, he doesn't know the word ' please '.

As I communicate with Owen through mindlink he helps remove the guards that can see us when we sneak in. Before I could come forward a hand goes in front of me.

"I can knock the guards down without being detected, give me three minutes." She says in a low voice. It sounds familiar but I cannot pin point from who I heard it from. Mikhaal nods as she goes to the side entrance first followed by one hunter to replace the guard.

"Why does she get to go first?" I mean I get why, she is a legend but I want to know more about her.

"She has worked alone, mastered stealth and the weakest spots of men that even wolves can't resist." Mikhaal answers. I am more than baffled now, she is his daughter after all. A major twist in Shane's life, the hunter he despises the most has a daughter that irks him the most. I love the Gracias already.

After a few minutes all 8 guards were in place and the masked hunter stood proudly on the front and biggest entrance to block anyone from leaving. Surely giving her the hard task because she is stronger. She stands with two bulk man who look like his bodyguards.

Now that the plan is in motion, I lead the hunters and put them in the most hidden parts of the castle, this is easier since I grew up here and the ball room has always been my favourite place to be. As soon as I put everyone in their positions, giving Gracia a clear view of the podium where the King will be, I tell them to wait for when Shane gives a speech, I finally go join my annoying parents.

"Where have you been we have been looking all over you, look at you your make up is a mess Melissa." My mother says fixing my face. They may have been "proud" but they still never treated me equally.

For a almost 10 minutes music plays and everybody dances and gets drunk on the wines all over the tables until it dies down as the King is about to go to the podium.

It's show time...

~

Hey guys! Long time, sorry life problems:,-) but I'm back and happy about this chapter, let's find out what's happening in the next shall we?

Question time!

1. Any thoughts on Melissa?

2. Do you think Melissa will accept her mate?

3. What did you like most about the chapter?

4. Masked hunter entered the chat! Do you think she will go with the plan?

Find out more on the next chapter! Font forget to vote and comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 119 6
*Available in full on Radish or Patreon!* She was born in fire. He was forged in ice. The clash will scorch them both. After a disease wipes out all...
366K 11.5K 62
"No," She stood up straight and took his hand off her thigh. She straightened her dress and began to walk away. He grabbed her wrist and leaned again...
92.7K 3.1K 25
***BOOK 2 OF HIS AND HIS ONLY SERIES*** "Who are you?" I seethed glaring into his auburn eyes. "I think you've caused enough ruckus on my Land." He...
4M 141K 70
(Update: 2/25/19- This story was original called Alphas Red. Noticing there is so much to be added to this novel. I've decided to make it into a seri...