Breaking Friend Zone

Від MsDreamerGirl84

(Sequel to Possessive At First Sight) Highest Romance Rating: #70 Alexander James Demakis. One thing fo... Більше

Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Party
Chapter 2: Breaking Up
Chapter 3: Hell Bent
Chapter 4: Persistent Prick
Chapter 5: Baby
Chapter 6: Kick Out
Chapter 7: Drunk & Bunk
Chapter 8: Drunk
Chapter 9: Sexy Back
Chapter 10: Frustrations
Chapter 11: Confirmation
Chapter 12: Rebel
Chapter 13: Honesty
Chapter 14: Truce
Chapter 15: Call
Chapter 16: Brother
Chapter 17: Face off
Chapter 18: Dirty Secret
Chapter 19: Caught
Chapter 20: Yes!
Chapter 21: Dinner
Meet my son! (Not an update)
Chapter 22: The Parents
Chapter 23: Breaking news
Chapter 24: Horse Riding
Chapter 25: The Santorini's
Chapter 26: Santorini's Breakfast Fun
Chapter 27: Frantic
Chapter 28: Hard Times
Chapter 29: Heart Racing
Chapter 30: Saddle Up
A short letter from the author
Recommended Books
Chapter 31: Life's Test
Chapter 32: Pre-Trial
Chapter 33: Past Catching Up.
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: First Real Date
Chapter 36: Plan
Chapter 37: Life Is Never Fair
Chapter 38: Storm Of Passion
Chapter 39: Blazing Fire
Chapter 40: Bliss
Chapter 41: Full Hearts
Chapter 43: Villa Allesandra
Chapter 44: If you say yes, you are mine forever!
Chapter 45: Wedding Ball
Chapter 46: The Verdict
Epilogue 1: Preparation
Epilogue 2 : Final and Conclusion

Chapter 42: Happiness

9.6K 457 60
Від MsDreamerGirl84

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.

— John Barrymore

Today was the happiest day of my life. Going to bed late last night with our limbs intertwined, then waking up with her on my arms, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It was hard to leave her alone, so innocent like an angel on the bed but I need to get the ring.

So here I am now.

"These are the rarest and latest engagement rings we have?" the staff of the jewelry store said as he set down the black velvety ring display tray.

The manager of the Royal Jewelry store assisted me with two other staffs. A tall, copper haired man at the age of 50's sat across me, a deep brown mahogany table in between us.

A few diamonds rings with different colours laid on the rectangular ring display holder, on a cushioned black box and they all look lovely, but the deepest blue diamond stone caught my eyes.

Mr. Hobs took one of the diamond ring and the bright light inside the small guest room hit the blue diamond and it glinted beautifully.

I guess he saw me staring at the blue diamond the moment he laid it down on the table in front of me.

"This is a 10 carat, fancy deep blue, cushion-cut diamond on a platinum band," he explained and my eyes couldn't resist the stunning ring. A huge vivid oval blue with a design of a split shank platinum band set with rows of baguette cut diamonds.

It will definitely look beautiful on her dainty finger. A perfect ring for my perfect future wife.

The thought of calling her as my wife brought a reeling sensation in the pit of my stomach.

"With your experience and knowledge, which is better, gold or platinum?" I asked. Needing a second opinion as the rose gold band caught my interest. I thought the color will enhance the beauty of the fancy deep blue stone, reminds me of Clara's eyes.

"Depends of the user, Sir..." Mr Hobs slides it back the ring into the black velvet ring display box. "With my knowledge, Platinum is always more valuable than gold and low maintenance, than gold," he explained.

"Because platinum has higher densities and purities than gold and it's hypoallergenic. But gold is denser than platinum so it is lighter to wear. There's always a cons and pros on both..." he added on.

I know platinum is a rare metal. And it's expensive than gold and I know it will cost more than gold overtime.

And I have to wait if ever I commission Tiffany to reset the ring into gold, and I have no time for that.

"How long does it takes to engrave a message?" I asked once again.

I want it to be personalized.

Mr. Hobs smiled.

"It takes five to ten minutes sir. We have the laser engraver, so it won't take it long," he smiled. "Will it be engraved inside or out?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Inside." I replied briefly. "I'd take the blue diamond, in seven size. And if you can give me a paper and a pen, I'll scribble down the message." I added.

The manager smiled broadly as he nodded his head.

I took my black credit card out of my wallet. An exclusive credit card with a real gold lining the edges, and handed it down to the manager, Mr. Hobs.

It didn't escaped my overly alert eyes how his eyes lit up upon seeing the elite card.

Grabbing the champagne, I took as a sip as watched Mr. Hob taking the ring and setting it on a small black cone shape gingerly, handling the thing like the most delicate thing in the world.

He pushed back his swivel chair and pulled a drawer to his side and brought out a green a sticky note. He took one of the pen from the pen holder behind him, then gave it to me.

I wrote down 'To Forever' but had a second thought.

It's too formal, too serious.

I crossed the message and wrote down another under it.

I smiled and then burst into soft chuckles.

That is what I want to see when she sees the messages.

To make her smile and laugh.

"Alright," I muttered, sliding down the note towards him, with the pen.

Few minutes later, one of his staff came back with a receipt and my card.

I finished the rest of my champagne before taking the receipt and my card. Slipping the card back in my wallet  with the receipt while the staff was just watching me with a bright welcoming smile.

"Thank you for your business, Mr. Demakis," Mr. Hobs got up when I rose to my feet to leave, shooting out one hand and I took it. Shaking his hand briefly, returning him a small smile.

"My chauffeur, Langdon will stop by in a half hour and pick up the ring, Mr. Hobs," I explained before I took my leave.

"Yes, Sir."

I was smiling as I got out of the jewelry store and called back Mrs. Lang. I missed her call last night. And I forgot this morning cause I was too excited to buy the ring.

Langdon pulled up next to me and I quickly slid in without waiting for him to open the door. He got back in and then merge with the traffic.

While the phone was still ringing, I spoke.

"Swing by at the Shawarma Palace, Langdon," I ordered and Langdon briefly looked at me through the rear mirror and he nodded before turning his attention back on the  not so busy road.

"Hello, Mrs. Lang speaking," came her voice.

"Hello, Doctor Lang. It's Alexander Demakis. I apologize, I missed your call last night," I said.

"No problem, Alex. Can I call you Alex?" she asked.

I smiled. "Of course," I replied briefly.

"You sounded like your brother," she commented and I chuckled softly.

"Anyhow, I called last night cause we have an opening at 3 this afternoon. Is that okay?" she asked afterwards.

"Perfect!" I exclaimed.

"Awesome. See you both later."

"Thank you."

Just as the line ended, Langdon pulled up on the curb, in front of the Shawarma Palace. Next to it was a steakhouse.

"If you wanna drive around, I'll just order some breakfast, well.. lunch for us." I said as I lid out of the car, Landon holding the door for me.

He just nodded his head and close the door behind me.

I unbuttoned my black pinstripe coat then strode inside the restaurant. The strong, exotic spices assaulted my nose and I held the urge not to turn back to the door and forget about the chicken curry.

It's Clara Bell's favorite dish. I reminded myself.

Claire had mentioned once and I just realized now that I actually remembered things that concerned Clara Bell. Those informations though are just stored at the back of my head before, and now they are all at the front rows.

"Welcome to Shawarma Palace, Sir!" A short young lady approached me and greeted with a jet black, wavy hair. She was smiling ear to ear, sweeping her hand across the room as she continued on. "You can take any table, Sir," she said.

"It's a take-out," I muttered briefly.

She shook her head, still smiling brightly. "Do you know what would you like, or do you need the menu?" she asked, turning her face towards the direction of the cashier station before turning it back to me.

My eyes scanned the room briefly. Wooden chairs surrounded several wooden tables. There was probably three or four tables that's empty.

"Yes. I'd like to order a chicken curry and rice," I said and she nodded her head, still smiling.

"I'll take it for you," she said.

Taking a few hundreds bill from my wallet, I handed it to her.

She chuckled. "It's just 30 bucks, Sir," she smiled, taking just a hundred bill, and I stashed the money back in my wallet.

"Keep the change," I said and her almost dark brown eyes lit up with excitement.

"I'll send my driver to take it, do you know how long will it take?" I asked.

"Five to 10 minutes, Sir," she replied and I nodded my head.

"Great."

"Just wait for the receipt, Sir," she smiled before turning on her back and swiftly headed to the counter. I waited as my eyes took in the surroundings. The place look a little fancier.

My eyes drifted to the museum-style curated window display with multi-coloured mesh-like threads framing the arts object.

I frowned all the while smiling.

There's a long, curved, ochre-upholstered sofa that runs across the entire right wall of the restaurant with the museum style window displays acting as a fun backdrop, leaving a circular feel to the space.

From the earthy pop hues in the cushion seats, on cane-backed wooden chairs, with ceilings of conical lights that dangled from it, a contemporary Indian feel.

"Here, Sir," the young waitress said. Tearing my eyes away from the ceiling and drifted to her. "Thank you."

I just gave her a brief nod, taking the rectangular paper and left.

I inhaled the spice-less air, inhaling it greedily before turning towards the next restaurant. I didn't see Langdon anywhere. But before I entered the Steakhouse, I saw Langdon pulling up on the curb. I entered the double story steakhouse.

It's actually one of the hot spot here in LA.

I quickly ordered two wagyu steak with loaded potatoes and a bottle of their best wine.

After I paid it, I left the inspired modern style designed steakhouse and left leaving a message that Langdon will pick it up.

As soon as I'm in the back seat, I took all the receipts and gave it to Langdon.

"Please pick the ring first, then we'll drive back for the food," I directed him and settled in the back then buckled up.

I called Emily.

"Yes, Sir."

"Emily, cancel all my appointments for the next week. If you need me to sign anything, email it to me, then I'll fax it back to you," I explained briefly.

"Noted, Sir."

"One more thing, if it's important call, they can call me here..," and dictated our Villa's private number, "or they can leave a message."

"Will do, Sir!" Emily replied.

I ended the call and leaned my back comfortably and looked out through the window, watching the passing buildings, the bustling city in a blur.

My mind raced to the proposal. My heart starting to beat faster as a bout of jitters flittered in my stomach.

What if she's gonna turn it down?

I unconsciously gulped down the lump that stuck at the back of my throat.

"Sir,"

Langdon's concerned voice broke into my thoughts.

Snapping my eyes to the rearview mirror, he was already parked in front of the two-storey jewelry shop.

"Yes, Langdon?"

"Ms. Tamera Dominguez is dead."

My head suddenly spun. "Are you sure?" I asked,  feeling weak at the unpleasant news.

"I charged two men to watch her 24/7. They just relayed the message to me this morning," he explained further.

"How did she die?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"She overdose of sleeping pills."

"Fuck!" I mumbled to myself as I dropped my head back, one hand massaging my temple.

Dropping my hand to my lap, I sat straight.

Clara Bell can't know it yet. It's gonna be a hard blow to her.

"Langdon, let's keep this until we get back and Clara Bell. When we leave tonight, take care of her funeral, I'll pay for all the cost," I instructed, still feeling lost at the news.

They just had a heart to heart talk and Clara Bell yesterday.

I tried to recall all the talk they'd shared.

I can't remember any word that—

My eyes snapped back to Langdon who was just about to leave.

To a place where I can live in peace.

Tammy's words echoing in my ears.

She committed suicide.

"I'll be back in bit, Sir."

Langdon left and I stared ahead, with my fingers running through my hair mindlessly. The news seemingly had sucked all the energy out of me. I slumped on my seat, staring obliviously out of the window.

This news will gonna devastate Clara Bell.

As I've witnessed during their talk, it seemed that Tammy held a part of Clara's heart.

My palm involuntarily swiped my face across, then rub my temple.

Langdon got back with the ring, and with the food, but my mind was still reeling about the news. I was even oblivious of the exotic spices mingled with the smell of the steak that wafted through the air inside the car.

"We are here, Sir." Langdon nonchalant tone broken into my lost thought.

Just then I realized, we are back to Clara Bell's condo.

Langdon slid out of the car swiftly and held the door for me. With the other hand, he was holding the bags of food and the jewelry.

I got out of the car.

"There's two steak in there. Take one, Langdon." I ordered as I took the gold and black paper bag where the ring was. As much as I'd like to see the engraved message, but I didn't want the people to talk about it. My eyes discretely scanned the street, but it seemed that people are minding their own business, before leaning back into the car, and placed the paper bag on the console.

Straightening up, I fixed my coat. "Put the ring in my laptop casing, Langdon and I'll call you when to pick us up and drop us to the tarmac," I instructed and Langdon just nodded his head as he took out one of the black container.

The smell of the steak reached my nose and my tummy reacted. I'm sure, Clara Bell is hungry too.

I took the bags from Langdon's hand and before I turned on my heel, I left him a message.

"Give her a good burial," I ordered and Langdon just nod once as he push the door close.

I turned on my heel, sweeping the news out of my head, for the meantime. I know I am selfish for keeping it from her for awhile, but she's just gotten a little break from all the unwanted events, and the news of Tammy's death will surely be the hardest blow.

I got into her place and left the key where she usually put it, on a small porcelain bowl sitting on the deep brown wooden end table at the entryway.

I quickly out the food down on the island counter and set the table quietly. I didn't hear any noises so I thought she was still sleeping.

I ambled quietly towards her room, thinking to wake her up with my kisses. When I entered her room, my eyes rested on the bed where she was laying motionless on the her bed, with her legs dangling on the edge.

"Sweetheart!" I called her frowning at her state. She languidly turned her head and her face was so pale, and my heart beats erratically, brain swimming with all the negative thoughts as I rushed to her.

"What happened?" I asked as I hovered over her, dread filled me. "Are you okay, sweetie? Are you in pain?" I asked noting the agonized frown marring her beautiful face. I suddenly felt like a douche letting my control slipped last night, for giving in to my concupiscence.

She must be in pain.

"I knew I shouldn't have touch you last night," I rambled on as I perched on the edge of the bed, next to her dangled long legs, not knowing what to do.

Regrets surged inside of me in torrents, The happiness I felt was drown out by the stream of guilt coursing within me.

She pulled herself up and a small smile broke on her lips. Those taut muscles smoothened and she curled her hands around my waist, pulling me closer against her.

I embraced her feeling a little relieved, and as she explained the cause of her misery, rather anger, all the guilt I felt worn away.

I encouraged her to ignore Claire. Her ex-bestfriend isn't worthy of her time.

She seemed to be back of herself after a few words of encouragement, then I led her outside before our food gets cold.

I know when she sees her favorite dish, she'll forget all her worries. And true enough, the chicken curry took all her attention, her eyes sparkled with excitement as she dug into her plate with anew enthusiasm.

My heart cavorted at the sight of her face glowing like the morning sunshine. A flaming brand of unadulterated joy filled me as I watched her eat with gusto.

We ate in silence and I realized just how much I am hungry. After we are done, I collected our dirty dishes even after she insisted to do it.

"You bought our food, now I feel useless," she moaned as she followed me to the sink with the two empty wine glasses. She put it down next to the sink and I rinsed the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher together with the glasses.

"When we get married, I'll let you do this," I teased turning my head to look at her and winked.

I ran the dishwasher cause it's full then washed my hand before drying it with the towel paper.

"So what you need is a domestic wife?" She raised one perfectly groomed brow, crossing her arms over her chest as she let out an indignant huff.

I let out a loud chuckle as I tossed the crumpled paper towel into the garbage bin then turned to face her completely.

"I'm sure you can be both?" I grinned and pinched her cute pert nose gently, before curling my hand around her slim waist, drawing her closer to me.

She huffed again, her nose flaring. Her eyes darkening with disapproval. "Oh no, no, no, Mr. Demakis," her index finger wagging in front of my eyes, "I expect you to do that for me. Not the other way around," she staunchly declared causing me to burst into a fit of laughters.

I pulled her tighter against me and nuzzled her silky neck, pushing her hair to the side that smelled of roses. Her skin smelled sweet, exquisitely feminine.

She gasped softly, but then she softened into my arms, leaning in her soft body and let out a sigh of contentment.

"I'd do just that," I drawled and smiled against her soft, silky flesh of her neck, then kissed her neck.

I felt her hands curled around my neck. I remember we need to leave soon for her appointment.

I reluctantly pulled my head back and found her almost doe eyes that has the power to render me speechless every time she looked at me like that, so innocently yet bewitching. A rich and deepest shade of blue, as the color of a cloudless sky or the very bottom of a sea, adorned with long dark thick lashes. It's so expressive, it always left me hypnotized.

Her pert nose that stuck up in the air when she's challenged, or her high cheekbones turned crimson when embarrassed, sexy, pouty lips that tasted sweet as it looks.

"What are we going to do today?" she asked, pulling me out of my trance.

Just then I realized that we should leave soon.

"Oh yes! We have an appointment today, we should leave soon," I said and she pouted, pulling herself away.

My eyes dropped to my white gold Cosmograph Daytona Rolex watch wrapped around my left wrist, and we have less than an hour left.

"We have 50 minutes left," I reminded her.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower quickly," she said and then turned on heel and scurried off to her room.

I chuckled as I decided to clean the table.

My mind drifting to my plan for the next week with her.

4 hours later...

Clara sat quietly and contented watching the passing sites on our way to the tarmac. I called my dad, letting them know that I'm gonna used the Villa, incase they had a sudden desire to escape the busy city.

The x-ray test was fast, but we have to stay for another hour as Dr. Lang explained the images.

I was glad that she doesn't have a severe injuries. There was a slight swelling but it's not really serious. A couple of days, and she's good as new.

As soon as we got back, I worked on my laptop while waiting for her to pack her clothes for the week, and made a few calls.

Getting things ready in Mykonos before we arrived.

It took her over an hour to pack her stuff.

"Dad?" I called out.

I can hear his breathing, so I know he's on the other line.

"Dad!" I snapped, calling his attention.

"Oh yes, sorry, son," he sighed. "Is everything okay?" he asked. I heard some shuffling noises in the background, indistinct murmurings, and faint footsteps.

I wondered if there is a party going on, but with dad's solemn voice, sounds like a funeral.

"Yes, everything is fine," I replied, turning to look at Clara Bell. She looked rather ravishing on her yellow sundress.

I gave a smile that she returned with her own.

"I just want you to know that Clara and I are heading to Mykonos Island," I explained briefly.

"Like right now?" he asked, a hint of excitement on his tone.

"Yes. We are actually close to the tarmac," I said and I heard mom in the background calling dad.

I frowned.

"Are you guys in a party?" I asked, curiosity piqued me.

"I guess we call it like that," he let out a sigh again. "But it isn't like a party," he added.

I chuckled.

"Sounds like a funeral," I commented humorously and dad let out a soft but hollow chuckle.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"I can't say say, but not no either," he replied.

"Dad, come on!" Mom called in the background.

"Coming," dad replied briefly.

"I gotta go. I think the minister had arrived," he said causing me to frown deeply.

"Who's getting married?" I asked, bewildered.

"Oh your maddening brother, Max. I gotta go," he said before I could retort. "Call me when you get there," and then the line ended.

Who's the bride?

"Is everything okay?" Clara Bell's soothing voice broke into my thoughts.

Her eyes filled with worries as she stared at me, curiosity marring her beautiful face.

"Max is getting married today," I said, still dumbfounded.

I thought I'm gonna be the first one to get married.

How in the world?

He doesn't even look or acted like he's interested in any girl. As far as I know, he never mentioned any woman or seen out with any woman.

Clara Bell broke into laughters.

I stared at her, puzzled.

Well, it does funny cause here I thought, he'll be the last to wed if not at all.

"I thought he was never interested with any woman?" Clara Bell voiced my thoughts. "He's fast," Clara Bell chuckled.

I chuckled, shaking my head as I stashed my phone into my pocket.

If everything goes smoothly, we should get to Mykonos airport around eight in the morning, then maybe 10 to 11 AM to get to our Villa. It's a secluded small island, southwest of Mykonos.

It takes 2 hours by yacht to get to the villa.

"Are you excited?" I asked, dropping the topic.

"Yes! I've never been to Mykonos," she grinned. "I heard a lot of good things about the islands."

Yes, it will be exciting with her with me.

....

Hope you like it.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

1.3M 40.1K 46
COMPLETED. Highest ratings Rank☆: 1 in beauty on 08/07/2020 Rank☆: 1 in discover on 27/04/2019 Rank☆: 2 in billionaire on 13/01/2020 Rank☆: 2 in writ...
Secret Love Від H.Mia

Романтика

903K 30.5K 38
Alessandro De Luca couldn't forget his childhood crush, Isabella Martinelli after they had spent the night on her birthday. As much as Alessandro ha...
4.4M 136K 38
WARNING: LOADED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! He ran away from all the scrutinizing eyes of the Spanish people, after the wedding...
132K 2.2K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 〤In editing process, first book, revamping in progress〤 ❝ 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐿𝒾𝓀...