Why not ?

By CissyItsMe

Why not ? Two simple words that got out of Cora McKall's mouth and caused a dramatic change in her life. T... More

Why Not ?
•Chapter 1
•Chapter 2
•Chapter 3
•Chapter 4
•Chapter 5
•Chapter 6
•Chapter 7
•Chapter 8
•Chapter 9
•Chapter 10
•Chapter 11
•Chapter 12
•Chapter 13
•Chapter 14
•Chapter 15
•Chapter 16
•Chapter 17
•Chapter 18
•Chapter 19
•Chapter 20
•Chapter 21
•Chapter 22
•Chapter 23
•Chapter 24
•Chapter 25
•Chapter 26
•Chapter 27
•Chapter 28
•Chapter 29
•Chapter 30
•Chapter 31 #Part.1
•Chapter 31 #Part.2
•Chapter 31 #Part.3
•Chapter 32
•Chapter 33
•Chapter 34
•Chapter 35
•Chapter 36 #Part.1
•Chapter 36 #Part.2
•Chapter 36 #Part.3
•Chapter 37
•Chapter 38
•Chapter 39
•Chapter 40
•Chapter 41 #Part.1
•Chapter 41 #Part.2
•Chapter 42
•Chapter 43
•Chapter 44
•Chapter 45
•Chapter 46
•Chapter 47
•Chapter 48
•Chapter 49
•Chapter 50
•Chapter 51
•Chapter 52
•Chapter 54
•Chapter 55
•Chapter 56 #Part.1
•Chapter 56 #Part.2
•Chapter 57
•Chapter 58
•Chapter 59
•Epilogue
•A/N

•Chapter 53

6.5K 328 36
By CissyItsMe

≈Miami, FL…

{ The Next Day | (12:46 p.m) }

He really didn't want to be there, but he needed more answers. He needed to know more about himself and to be over with this period of his life. He needed to move on, but he couldn't without this conversation. But after that, he was officially done with them. He didn't want to start any relationship with her and he didn't care that much about this bastard. 

"I'm happy th-"

He sighed loudly, "I'm not here for us to have a family moment. I just want you to tell him the truth." He said cutting her.

She frowned looked at him like he was crazy, "You can't force me to d-"

He hit the table with his fist, "Yes I can ! Listen, I don't like him, but I think he deserves to know. And…that's all. That's why I'm here and for nothing else."

"I thought that you wanted to talk. We need to discuss this. Kalvin, I'm so sorry. I swear, if I could keep you with me, I would've done this. And if I could take you back before to be too late, I woul-"

"Yeah, well you couldn't. And you know what, to be honest and after having thought about this a little bit more, I'm happy Donya raised me instead of a junkie and alcoholic like you. Her and my dad gave me a better life, I can't contest that. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case for him. He hadn't been saved. Yo-" 

"What are you two talking about ?! Damn ! I'm confused." Cameron joined the conversation completely lost.

"It's nothing baby."

"Baby ? " He laughed, "I wasn't your baby last time you came. And the fuck is he here for ?! I and him don't like each other. What's going on ? "

"Noth-"

Kalvin rolled his eyes, "Be happy because she's not your mother."

Cameron looked at him like he had three heads. He was shocked, but strangely, and not even deep down in his heart, no it was bigger than that, he was happy. He felt relieved, "Are you serious ? " He couldn't believed that he felt good about this though. Not at 100 percent, but he was actually happy to know this. His childhood with this woman was everything but positive. He went through some shit he wouldn't even wished for his worst enemy. And all his life, he had always felt unloved. Yes, she had sacrificed herself for a couple of things, but how many times did he wish to have another mother ?

Kalvin nodded his head, "Yes. I don't see why I would lie to you."

"Who is my real mother then ? " Cam asked with stars in his eyes. He wasn't blood with that crazy woman.

Kal shrugged, "I don't know, ask her." With his thumb he pointed Mandy next to him who was furious, "I think she knows."

"Okay." Then he frowned, "But…who would be that stupid to give a child to that woman ?! Like, why did they let you adopt me ? I think you might be the worst mother in the world." 

"You, little son of a bitch ! " She insulted him through gritted teeth.

He raised his brow, "See." He looked at the man he didn't like, but thanks to he found out something great about himself. 

"I see." Kalvin agreed, "Just tell him, so we can be done with it."

"No ! " She refused about to stand up, but Cam who suddenly got extremely angry, grabbed her arm violently and made her sit back.

"You better tell me, Mandy ! All these years…" He sighed shaking his head at her and still grabbing her, "…I knew there was something…something was telling me that I wasn't in the right place. I didn't feel right where I was."

"Who would you as their child anyways ?! " These harsh words got out of Mandy's mouth. Her who wanted to take her revenge and now she was losing everything. 

"You had never loved me, right ? I was just there to be there, but you never cared about me." Cameron said sadly, "I want to know who is my biological mother and if she's still alive. Who is it ? "

"I don't know…" Mandy mumbled.

Kalvin sighed annoyed and aggravated, "We don't have all fucking day, bitch ! Just tell him ! " She was getting on his last nerves. He was a little surprised to have called her out of her name, but he didn't really feel sorry for it. She was looking for it. 

"I don't know ! I don't fucking know ! " She creamed getting frustrated also.

"Excuse y'all, but if you don't keep calm, I will make you leave." A cop warned them and the three rolled their eyes and eventually nodded their heads as he continued to stare at them until they really acknowledge his presence, "I won't repeat it." And then he walked away from them.

Cameron smacked his teeth, "What do you mean ? "

Mandy bit on her lip playing with her fingers, "I…I…I stole you in a park, so I don't know who yo-" She couldn't even finish her sentence, because then Cameron wrapped his hands around her neck.

"YOU BITCH ! "

"I need help here." The same policeman yelled as his tried to get Cam off Mandy, "If you don't calm down, I'm gonna hit y-" And he receive his elbow in the eye. 

Kalvin chuckled watching the scene.

.

.

.

"So, how is this pregnancy going ? " Rhana asked smiling.

Cora puffed placing her glass back on the table, "It's tiring. My back hurts. I sleep too much for my liking. I eat for two. And blah, blah, blah…"

Halley looked at her concerned, "You do look exhausted though. Maybe you want to go home to rest ? "

She shook her head, "No. I'm fine, just a little tired." She yawned covering her mouth with her hand, "Actually, I couldn't sleep last night." 

Latoya raised her eyebrow, "Kalvin ? "

"I'm worried about him. His behavior is so weird since he found out. He's always in deep thoughts and when he's with us, well…he's not really with us. It's only physically, but his mind is always somewhere else. I thought about suggesting him to go and see a therapist like Acacia, but I don't think he will agree to do this." 

Sancy shrugged sipping her lemonade, "And how can you be so sure about this ? Maybe he will do it." 

"Maybe, but I don't him see doing it, even if he really does need it. Or maybe I just should give him time to calm down and then everything will be like…before. Well, almost. He's so mad at his mother." 

"I think he should forgive her." Latoya said honestly, "Seriously, it's not like she asked their crazy asses to rape her daughter. If she could really help, I think she would've done this. You just don't let your kid get hurt like that. She was another victim." 

"I think they should forgive her too, to be honest with you. She went through so much." 

And then Kalia arrived with a little smile of her face. It was great to see her being a bit happy, but you could see so much sadness, pain and anger in her eyes. It wasn't genuine happiness right here actually. These past days were tough for her, "Hey girls ! How are y'all doing today ? "

"Hey ! We're fine." They answered in unison.

"And what about you ? " Halley asked her. 

"I'm…Uh…okay, I guess. Anyways, what were y'all talking about before I came ? "

"Uh…about our family situation." Sancy said sympathetically looking at her, "Y'all should forgive your mother. She tried her best for you three to be happy and have the better life you could have, even if it was ruining her own life." 

Kalia sat down next to Cora and nodded her head, "I know. I thought hard and long about this and talked with Louis also." She paused trying to not cry, "Our father is not here anymore to be blamed, so we rejected all of our anger on her…and she took it. As usual, she put herself and her own feelings behind." She sighed sadly, "We're the worst children ever." 

Cora took her hand, "No ! I think…I would've reacted the same maybe. And…seriously, all of this is your father's fault. He jeopardized the family since the beginning." 

"True."

.

.

.

(5:36 p.m)

"Do you think she'll talk to us ? " Kaldrick asked worried. 

His little siblings shrugged not knowing what to tell him, but they were praying for her to forgive them and the horrible way they reacted to the situation. They were out of line. Completely out of line. 

The three took a deep breath and Kalia rang the doorbell. They waited for a couple of minutes and nobody came to answer. They rang again hoping she was going to open the door. They waited and still nothing. They tried a third time and they got the same result. They didn't know what to do. 

"Maybe…she's out."

"No, her car is here, fool." Kalvin pointed her black Mercedes in the drive way. 

And suddenly each one of them started panicking, but they showed nothing on the outside. Crazy scenarios were running in their minds and they were scared that one of them might be real. It would be devastating. 

"Mama ! " Kaldrick yelled calling her, "Mama ! Mama, c'mon ! It's us ! We came to apologize ! We're so sorry, okay ! Mama, please ! " His hear beat and breath were going faster than they should and it was the same for his little brother and sister. 

There was a dead silence now. Even the nature was quiet. It was so strange and it was mainly frightening them. 

"Oh God ! Please, Lord, let her be safe. We should call her maybe." Kalvin suggested about to lose his mind. 

"Yes, good idea." Kal agreed and pulled his phone out and at the same time the front door slowly opened to reveal their mother. She still looked like a diva with her fancy clothes, jewelries, hair cut and makeup, but her eyes were so swollen and red.

"What do y'all want ? " She asked with a little raspy voice and she then stopped moving. They could only see half of her. 

"Uh…mama, we love you so much and we're so sorry for the way we treated you. It's not your fault what happened. You had always been a good mother to us and we didn't show you our appreciation enough. We took you for granted, what we should've not done. You're the queen of her heart and we would like to know if you want to work on our relationship, I mean on our family. We have an appointment with a therapist in thirty minutes. Do you want to come with us ? " Kalia spoke for the three of them. There was another dead silence before Donya answered to them.

"Yes, let's rebuild the foundations of this family." 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =) 

•A/N: Even if the Ryans are arguing since the beginning of this book, these four persons love each other to death and of course the kids were not going to really cut their mother out of their lives. Even she's not easy with her strong personality, Donya had always been a good mother to them.

So, what are your thoughts about this chapter ?
What would've you done if you were Kaldrick or Kalia or Kalvin ?

I can't believe this story is almost…*start crying*…over 😩 seven chapters left plus the epilogue.

Thanks for reading guys ! 💋💋💋

And sorry for the mistakes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
46.2K 1.4K 26
❝ I am your queen and you are my king. This marriage is our kingdom and I will not allow another take my crown. Do you understand me, dear husband?❞ ...
278K 8.2K 32
"You should have told me before that you weren't interested in me" I yelled at my so called husband Samad. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Jawari...
1.4K 47 37
I closed my eyes as a crippling pain spread through my soul. "You're my best friend and I love you" I tell him trying to hold back the single tear t...