Earth Grazer || Doctor Who

By ExistentialSpoons

"What do you want, Ella?" "Earlier, you said you don't have someone. Let me be your someone ... Besides witho... More

Earth Grazer
I. Tequila = Death
II. Rude Plastic People
III. Incessant Questions
IV. Imposter Interrogator
V. Commence Invasion
VI. Storytime
VII. Mad Scientist
VIII. The Wrong Author
IX. Girl Talk
X. Small Confessions
XI. Talk To Me
XII. Apocalypse Party
XIII. Evil Trampoline
XIV. Woman Wept
XV. Lost in Space
XVI. Crash Landing
XVII. Under Arrest
XVIII. The Family Slitheen
XIX. Raxicorico - what?!
XX. The Way Out
XXI. Don't Leave
XXII. Distractions from the Silence
XXIII. Domesticity
XXIV. The Doctor's Nightmare
XXV. Revelation
XXVI. The Warrior Resurfaces
XXVII. Hello Again
XXVIII. A Beautiful Lie
XXIX. Reality Shift
XXX. Fallout
XXXI. Chill Night in the Tardis
XXXII. An Open Mind
XXXIII. A Bad Idea
XXXIV. Total Conspiracy
XXXV. Knowledge is Power
XXXVII. Self-Care
XXXVIII. Plant Party
XXXIX. Wounded Time
40. A Life Like That
41. Devoured Hope
42. Distractions from the Shouting
43. A Small Step
44. So, That's How That Feels
45. A Day Out for Rose
46. The Creeping Shadow
47. Human Complexities
48. An Empty Child and a Flirty Pilot
49. The Plague of the London Blitz
50. "Are you my mummy?"
51. Nancy's Difficult Decision
52. Ella's Acceptance
53. A Night Like This
54. One Terrible Night
A Random Poem
55. Date Night?

XXXVI. Cathica to the Rescue

340 14 3
By ExistentialSpoons

~unedited~

| |

Ella and the others gawked at the holo-monitor, "oh, my God. His head!"

"What the hell's he done? What the hell's he gone and done? They're reading his mind. He's telling them everything." Well, now Adam was definitely getting sent home.

"And through him, I know everything about you." Those words caused a frenzy to go over the group and now they were actively trying to get out of the manacles. "Every piece of information in his head is now mine and you have infinite knowledge, Doctor. The Human Empire is tiny compared to what you've seen in your T-A-R-D-I-S. Tardis!"

"You'll never get your hands on it. We'll die first," Ella declared. Her wrists were getting red from the strain of trying to escape.

"Die all you like. I don't need you. I've got the key." Somehow a Tardis key rises from Adam's pocket that Ella recognized as the one belonging to Rose since he hasn't earned his own yet.

"You and your boyfriends," the Doctor looked in Rose's direction.

The Editor continued as if he didn't say anything, "Today, we are the headlines. We can rewrite history. We could prevent mankind from ever developing." As much as she could move, Ella nudged the Doctor in the side and subtly nodded towards Cathica's reflection. The small look he shot back at her told her that was already his plan.

"And no one's going to stop you because you've bred a human race that doesn't bother to ask questions. Stupid little slaves, believing every lie." Ella studied the woman in the reflection and the emotions that crossed her face, she saw the idea the Doctor gave her take root. "They'll just trot right into the slaughter house if they're told it's made of gold." The Jagrafess snarled then, and Cathica turns and leaves.

Cathica found a broadcasting room not far off from where the others were being held, she haphazardly pushed the corpse onto the floor and disengaged the safety. She quickly gained maximum access, overrode floor 139 and severed Adam's connection so the Editor could no longer use him for information. Cathica started to think about everything she learned today, she needed something. The Doctor's words from earlier came back to her, they pump heat out of that creature and vent it to the rest of the station.

"Someone's disengaged the safety," the Editor snapped once again and they were shown another holo-monitor this time featuring Ella's favorite journalist, Cathica. "Who's that?!"

"It's Cathica!" Rose exclaimed in mild shock as a small smile creeped on her face at the tiny glimmer of hope they got.

"And she's thinking," the Doctor had a bigger smile.

"She's using what she knows," Ella knew Cathica wouldn't abandon them.

"Terminate her access," the Editor sternly whispered to Suki's corpse.

"Everything we told her about Satellite Five. The pipes, the filters, she's reversing it!" The Doctor sounded so happy it made Ella smile.

"Look it's getting hot," Ella pointed out the ice in the room and possibly on the rest of the floor was starting to melt.

"I said, terminate." The Editor shouted at Suki when she didn't do much to stop Cathica. "Burn out her mind," he gritted his teeth with his words.

At the burning sensation coursing through her head Cathica fought against it, "oh no you don't. you should have promoted me a long time ago." With her anger, several monitors exploded cutting off the connection to the corpse employees. For some reason only the manacles around Ella's wrists were freed, she stepped away from her broken confines. Quickly retrieving the sonic screwdriver from the Doctor's jacket pocket, once she had it in hand, trying to release him and dodge the Jagrafess' biting mouth proved difficult. Not to mention that everything was sparking and melting and just general chaos.

The Jagrafess growled something at the Editor as Ella finally had some success freeing the Doctor. "Yes, I'm trying, sir, but I don't know how she did it. It's impossible. A member of staff with an idea." Ella quickly moved onto Rose without waiting for the Doctor to take the sonic back.

"Oi, mate! Want to bank on a certainty? Massive heat in a massive body, massive bang." Getting Rose out was less difficult than the Doctor because the Jagrafess wasn't much concerned about her right now.

"See you in the headlines," Ella shouted as the group quickly left.

"Actually, sir, if it's all the same to you I think I'll resign. Bye then!" The Editor tried to leave but something grabbed his foot causing him to fall over. He looked and Suki was there holding him so he couldn't escape, he tried kicking and squirming, but she had a surprisingly tight grip for a dead woman. The Jagrafess yelled as he expanded, and the Editor couldn't do much but scream as he exploded.

Ella and the others went to the room Cathica was still connected to and the brunette took it upon herself to snap her head closed. The journalist's dark eyes slowly opened and saw the Doctor smiling down at her, Rose hugged the woman to thank her and the Doctor didn't say anything, but it wasn't hard to tell that he was grateful. The group headed to the elevator and Ella stopped walking and pulled Cathica back as well, "thanks for today." She pulled her in for a hug and lowered her voice, "thank you for saving them. I don't know what I would do without either of them so really thanks," Ella pulled back and they approached the elevator where the Doctor and Rose were waiting.

Back on floor 139 people were helping the injured and Ella felt a small twinge of sadness because this is the part where they leave. The Doctor sat down to talk with Cathica for a minute, Rose and Ella were kind of lingering behind him, Adam was sort of pacing in front of the Tardis. "We're just gonna go. I hate tidying up too many questions. You'll manage."

Cathica's eyes trailed to the brunette standing behind the Doctor for a second. "You'll have to stay and explain it. No one's going to believe me."

"Oh, they might start believing a lot of things now. Humans should accelerate. All back to normal."

"What about your friend," now her eyes roamed over Adam still pacing because he knew he was in a lot of trouble.

"He's not my friend," the Doctor ignored the small pang in his hearts because he thought Adam might have been.

"Now, don't." Rose tried to assuage him.

"I'm all right now, much better and I've got the key. Look, it's ... it all worked out for the best, didn't it? You know, it's not actually my fault, because you were in charge." Adam was pushed into the ship; Rose went in after the Doctor. She turned to the door when Ella followed a few seconds after, the blonde quickly recognized the small smile that she tried to hide. Ella shook her head when Rose gave her an inquisitive look which clearly meant 'later.'

The Doctor furiously typed in space time coordinates and suddenly they were in flight, the coordinates never made sense to Ella but some of the flight functions were starting to get clearer. They landed and the Doctor once again pushed Adam through the doors, "it's my house. I'm home! Oh, my God, I'm home! Blimey. I thought you were going to chuck me out of an airlock."

"Is there something else you want to tell me," the Doctor asked even though he already knew, he picks up the answering machine. "The archive of Satellite Five. One second of that message could've changed the world." The Doctor sonics the defenseless phone and it explodes. "That's it, then. See you."

"How do you mean, see you?" the Doctor turned from inside the Tardis door.

"As in goodbye," he answered.

"What about me? You can't just go. I've got a chip type two; my head opens."

"Like this," the Doctor snapped his fingers and Adam's head opened up. Ella tried to contain a smile as the two went back and forth.

"Alright. Stop it Doctor. That's enough," Rose used the voice that used to get their little group to behave back in London.

"Thank you," Adam probably shouldn't have been surprised when Rose snapped her fingers next.

"Sorry. Couldn't resist."

"The whole of history could have changed because of you," the Doctor was telling himself that was the whole reason why he was mad.

"I just wanted to help."

"You were helping yourself."

"And I'm sorry. I've said I'm sorry, and I am, I really am, but you can't just leave me like this." For a second Ella found herself feeling bad for just dumping him off like this but the Doctor was right.

"Yes, I can. If you show that head to anyone, they'll dissect you in seconds. You'll have to live a very quiet life, keep out of trouble. Be average, unseen. Good luck," the Doctor tried to go into the Tardis again.

"But I want to come with you," Adam rose his voice a bit so the Doctor could hear him.

He stuck his head back out, "I only take the best." Then, he disappeared back into the ship followed by Ella. From the doorway she could hear Adam trying to plead with Rose to take him with them. Once they were in deep space Ella decided a nap sounded amazing and she knew the Doctor would need time to process today, Rose went with her and gave her a look.

"So, tell me what happened. Although I can probably guess."

"Cathica kissed me," Ella whispered.

"Knew it. You were wearing that smile." The girls laughed with each other as they came upon Ella's bedroom, Rose thought that Ella had the right idea, so she slunk into her own room for a nap.

Comment. Vote. Follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

639K 28.1K 125
Lyssa Devons was trying to run away. But a freak lightning storm sent her to another destination entirely - the TARDIS. Now she's being tossed around...
9.3K 173 22
(ORIGINAL VERSION) Losing the person you love is hard enough but losing your whole family, that's enough for a person to want blood on their hands. *...
9.5K 952 32
"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cos if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the futu...
20.9K 634 35
She goes by many names. The adventurer, the genius; A liar, a truth seeker. But in the end, all of that won't matter any more. Why? The universe is...