The Karate Code ~Robby Keene~

By Moonlight161

Miraleigh Jeanie Johnson is a teen girl who has lived in San Fernando Valley all her life. She has no friends... More

Disclaimer
Hidden
New group
Halloween dance
Invite
Sleepover
Cafeteria
Karma
Gossip
Training
Tree
Dinner
Sneak out
Dead to me
Mercy
The new dojo
Renovation
Hardware store
Moving in
Balance
A new home
Beach club
Shadows
New member
Secret
Surprise
New alliances
Temperature Training
Skating
Party
No Mercy
After
Home
Betrayal
Visitation
Mini fights
Catch
Hello
Gentle
December 19
Until next time
Season 4
Coming Up
Changes
New Territory
Cutting Away
Starting Point
Care
Kenny
Familiar Faces
Members Only
Anger
Movie
Whispers
Cover Up
First Crack In the Glass
Time
Songs
Weakness
Ploy
Preparation
Dance
Pool Fight
Sweetheart
Tournament
Battle
The Fall
The Stillness
The Rise
Until next time again
Season 5
Coming Soon
Travel
Breakfast
Border
Mexico
Australians
Map
Sold
Burnt
Heal
Summer Fun
Complicated
Defuse
Remember
Terror
Sides
Protective Birds
Dangerous Snakes
Challenge
Love
Adopt
Father
Defend
Kaylee
Time
Blade
Head of the Snake
Until next time x3

Stand-Off

1.1K 35 0
By Moonlight161

Kenny looked at Hawk fearfully, Miraleigh looked down at her boots, then back at Hawk with an unimpressed look. 

"I'm sorry!" Kenny apologised

"That sucks." Hawk stated, looking down at the mess. 

"Hawk, just go away, we haven't done anything. I thought you were better than this." Miraleigh urged, trying to get the guys to leave them alone. Hawk glanced up at her, a dark look in his eyes, she stared right back at him. Trying not to show how intimidated she was feeling, Hawk, towered over the two, staring down at them.

"Did you go crying to Keene again?" Hawk taunted, Miraleigh rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Gone back to being an ass again?" Hawk went pretended he was going to make a move, pretending to throw a punch at the girl but Miraleigh didn't even flinch.

"Gotta admit pimples, I'm impressed on how far you've come."

"Really? You're bringing that back?" She tilted her head to the side, not phased by the old nickname she despised for many years.

"I mean, why not? Hurt you before, it'll hurt you again." 

"Hawk, why pick on someone for their physical issues? You know from first-hand experience, that it's not nice and torments the victim." Miraleigh gasped as Hawk backhanded her, she grasped her cheek in reflex, then dropped her arm down, stared at him disappointedly and gave the man a glare. Kenny looked at her wide-eyed, then looked back at Hawk as he spoke. 

"You two better watch where you are going," Hawk informed, making himself look more threatening.

"Yeah, same goes for you. Asshole." Miraleigh pushed past the two smaller boys and stood on Robby's right as Kenny stood on his left. Robby glanced at her, scanning her to make sure she was okay, he could see the redness across her cheek and clenched his fist in anger. Miraleigh didn't deserve Hawk's attacks, he didn't get why he was starting to target her. 

"You both betrayed Miyagi Do. Traitors!" Nate spat, causing Miraleigh to let out a sigh and roll her eyes.

"Oh, there's a traitor here for sure, and he's gonna get what he deserves," Tory announced, walking up to Robby, Miraleigh and Kenny with the Cobras that came behind her. Sam was by Hawk's side, followed by Miguel and the others.

"I don't think so. Not if I have anything to say about it, Princess." Sam stated, knowing something the others didn't know, which was also a personal attack on Tory. 

"Hey, guys. Can you believe they have Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper?" They all shot Demetri a look as he approached the two groups, oblivious to what was going on. 

"Shit... not another rumble." He whined. 

"Careful, LaRusso. Your mummy isn't here to play peacemaker." Tory taunted

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"Guys, stop! We'll beat them on the mat." Miguel shouted, also noticing the redness on Miraleigh's cheek, Robby looked at Miguel and then Miraleigh, then back at the boy. 

"Oh, really? You do remember what happened last time we fought, right?" Miraleigh shot Robby a look, surprised he said that and then looked back at the group. Feeling uneasy and uncomfortable. 

"Okay. Meet us at the baseball diamond in 30 minutes. No weapons." Miguel stated, shooting a look at Tory and then back at Sam. 

"We don't need them." 

"Yeah..." Miguel walked away the others following him. Miraleigh looked at Robby, he looked between Kenny and the girl, keeping a certain look on his face. 

"Are you okay?" Robby asked, looking at the mark on her cheek, she looked down and then back at Robby. 

"I'm fine. Promise." He sighed, yet nodded, then looked at Kenny and took Miraleigh's hand.

"Let's go." Was all that escaped his mouth for a good little while. 

Thirty minutes later, they made their way to the field, Miraleigh didn't have the right feeling about it. She didn't feel safe and noticed no one was around. So that made her feel worse, she shot a look as Kaylee bumped her with her shoulder, harshly and tried to get past. Miraleigh glanced around, then looked at Robby who had a glare on his face and anger lacing through his features. Miraleigh sighed, finding this ridiculous and crossed her arms against her chest, waiting around clearly able to tell she was bored. 

"You guys see anything?" Kyler questioned.

"They'll be here." Robby plainly stated.

"They better be." 

"We should go, stand them up, leave the fun for the mat." Miraleigh urged, hoping to convince someone. 

"We'll do it here, make them afraid then we'll win." Kaylee shrugged a smirk dancing on her lips.

"Fear sparks a fight, we've all seen it, now let's go."Miraleigh didn't even look at Kaylee as she spoke, still trying to get them away. Robby looked at his girlfriend, watching the look she had in her eyes and the blank look she kept on her face. He looked away, his eyes darting around to find the others. 

The lights went out, the group looked around with confused looks, Robby made sure Miraleigh was in sight, making sure she was still there and not getting hurt. The sprinklers turned on, all of them looked in shock and surprise. Miraleigh just flinched as the water hit her, but stood still as she stared off in the distance. They all eventually stopped moving around, all of them glaring at where the car was. 

Robby's look scared Miraleigh, she had never seen that look on him before, she hopes she never sees this look on him again. 

"We can't let them get away with this!" 

"We won't!" Robby shouted, his body shaking with anger, Miraleigh looked at them with an irritated looked, she wanted to say something but knew her head would be bitten off. Robby and Miraleigh went home, the boy grabbed two towels and handed one to Miraleigh. She looked at her boots, a sigh escaping her lips, Robby looked at her and noticed that she was looking at him. Debating whether or not she should speak, Miraleigh placed the towel down and walked over to him. 

"What was that about, Robby?" She questioned, trying to keep her voice at a comforting level. 

"What was what about?" He questioned, genuinely confused, Miraleigh let a smile fade in and out before speaking. 

"With Miguel, come on Robby, I know what that did to you. Why did you bring it up?" He looked down, then looked back at her, trying to keep his emotions in check. 

"I don't know, Miraleigh, it was just to get him riled up. It just came out, it's nothing." He brushed off, causing a trigger to be set off in the girl. 

"I can't believe you just said that! Robby, I wasn't there when it happened, but I do know that you were both hurt in that fight. You don't remind people of traumatic things like that! You can't say it's 'nothing' because it's everything! You could see it on his face, it wasn't right!" 

"Why are you getting so worked up about this?" Robby questioned placing the towel down, looking at her with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Because Robby, traumatic things like that trigger people, it doesn't matter how big or small something was. It causes things to get set off, these things trigger people and sometimes people change themselves to protect themselves and for crying out loud, you looked like you were about to turn into some frickin rage machine back on the field. It's just water!"

"They're cowards! They stood us up!" 

"So? It's ridiculous, don't do anything stupid! I can't lose you again, I can't watch you go back to juvie."The boy could see how hurt she was, he let out a breath and then walked over to her. Took her hands into his and gave the girl a caring smile, he felt bad, he really did and seeing how much his actions affected Miraleigh made it so much worse. 

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, you're right and I won't say something like that again." Miraleigh smiled at him, Robby took her jacket off for her, placed it on a chair and then walked back over to her. He tenderly lifted her arm up, looking at the bruise that had formed and let a sigh escape his lips. He then lightly touched her cheek, watching as she hissed and flinched away. 

"Do you want to put some ice on it?" He questioned, taking his jacket off, humming in response as she shook her head. After resting his jacket on a chair, he walked back to the girl, took her headband off and rested his forehead on hers. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered, feeling more guilty each time he looked at her, Robby kissed her forehead and watched as she walked into the bedroom. 10 minutes later, Miraleigh sat on the bed as Robby showered, she wrote another entry in her journal, then placed it back in its spot. Miraleigh closed her eyes, eventually fell asleep before Robby came to bed. He walked out of the bedroom, in his pyjamas and smiled softly at the sleeping girl. 

Robby walked over to her side of the bed, smiled as the girl slept, kissed her forehead and made sure the blanket was on her before he walked out of the bedroom. Into the living room, he grabbed out his phone and made a call. Discussing a plan to be made, that could work and happen in the upcoming days. Once he was done on the phone, he made sure the house was locked up and then walked into the bedroom. He placed his phone on the stand, then crawled into bed, it was as if Miraleigh could sense his presence. She flipped onto her other side, cuddling closer to Robby, he grinned and wrapped an arm over her waist, he stayed awake for an hour, his thoughts and conscience attacking him with guilt and remorse. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.7K 92
Fitting in for Wren had never really been a problem for her and her best friend Rue. They did everything normal teenagers did. Did homework together...
109K 2.5K 80
"๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช'๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๏ฟฝ...
29.6K 708 30
A karate tournament just around the corner. Rivals facing rivals in one final battle. The fate of the war could go to either side. And this time the...
41.9K 985 21
Venus Ellis made karate look easy. She knew every move in the book. She could kick ass without breaking a sweat. She grew up wanting to stick up for...