Journey through the Grand Can...

By Raffesia

❎Do Not Read before reading the 1st book of the series.❎ Drisana has started her journey to Indraprasth. Afte... More

Prologue & Casts
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Clearing concepts
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
For the Haters of Subhadra-Karna Pair
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
💖💖💖 Special Shot 💖💖💖
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Picsar
Chapter 36
Trailer
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Stroms in the Making
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
💖💔💖 Special Shot 💖💔💖
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Teaser
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
🍁🍁🍁Tickle🍁🍁🍁
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

Chapter 59

3K 240 210
By Raffesia

Sahdev gulped as he sat surrounded by his three brothers.

After the welcoming at the entrance Devika had escorted Vijaya to the guest chamber. And Sahdev explained everything to Bheem and Nakul who were towering over him. After hearing everything, they eased on him taking time to think. Bheem was hell angry as he got to know about the assault on Vijaya. He asked Sahdev who it was only to be met with silence. Nakul sensed something was wrong and stopped Bheem from questioning him further.

This had shaken the whole family. They were not aware of what happened in Madra. And now Vijaya came as a big shock to them. What happened to her was very unfortunate. But it was hard to accept that she put a garland around Sahdev's neck in naivety. And most shocking was what Sahdev did. Their little intelligent patient brother could abduct a Princess that too from right under Yudhisthir's nose, was unbelievable. For now Vijaya was staying as a guest in Indraprasth. They were waiting for Yudhisthir's arrival. Devika was looking after her. And rest had yet to meet her.

Now, after eight long days Yudhisthir had returned. Currently Sahdev sat facing him and Nakul & Bheem were frowning at him from both sides. Yudhisthir sat only with a blank expression without saying anything.

"So this was what you decided? To abduct the Rajkumari right from the royal court of Madra?" Yudhisthir asked finally.

"I wouldn't have to do so if Maharaj Dyutimata agreed for the alliance. And the way he was, I thought it useless to waste time in talking." Sahdev replied sulking.

"And that's why you kidnapped a kid?!" Bheem asked narrowing his eyes.

"She's not a kid bhrata Bheem. She's just a little ignorant." Sahdev replied in annoyance.

"Really? And so, you abducted her taking advantage of that!?" Nakul added frowning too.

"Tum toh rehne hi do Nakul. Vivha se purb tumne kya kya kand kiya hai smaran karwayu?
(You let it be Nakul. What you did before your marriage, do I need to remind?)" Sahdev said narrowing his eyes at his twin. Nakul diverted his eyes in embarrassment.

"Aur bhrata Bheem aap! Iss aayu mei bhi aap laddoo curate huye aabodh balak hi lagte hai mujhe. Kintu dekhiye, aap swayam ek balak ke Pita banne wale hai.
(And you bhrata Bheem! Even at this age when you steal laddoos, you also appear to be a small boy to me. But see you, yourself is going to be the father of a small boy soon.)" Sahdev added making Bheem embarrassed too.

"Kitne besharaam ho gaye ho tum Sahdev! Jyesth bhrata hai hum tumhare. Kuch toh lajja karo!
(How shameless you have become Sahdev! We're your elder brothers. Have some shame!)" Nakul said coming out of his embarrassed state. Sahdev gave Nakul a look that said,

'Seriously!'

"Yeh sab Arjun ke sangat ka aasar hai. Yoh toh cala gaya banbas par. Uski kaami yeh puri kar raha hai.
(It's all Arjun's influence. He went to exile. But he is filling his shoes.)" Bheem commented with a displeased look.

"Thik hai. Aab hum dono maun rahenge. Aab tumse jo kuch kehna hai, bhrata Yudhisthir hi kahenge.
(Okay. Now we both will remain quiet. Now only bhrata Yudhisthir will talk to him.)" Nakul said.

Yudhisthir glanced at his brothers to find Nakul and Bheem looking at him expectantly and Sahdev was staring at him with arched brows. Waiting to hear what he had to say. Unknown to the rest two, just like them Yudhisthir also wasn't eligible for scolding him. Yudhisthir cleared his throat before saying,

"Let's prepare for his marriage."

Bheem and Nakul's jaw dropped open hearing him.

"You're not going to say anything to him bhrata?!" Bheem asked in surprise.

"There's no point in discussing this anyway. They both are adults and can take their own decisions freely. The consequences cannot be changed now." Yudhisthir replied.

"Rajkumari Vijaya is an adult?!" Bheem gave a look to him.

"Bheem, she was raised differently in comparison to other princesses. I am sure she will be fine with time and proper guidance. And there will be no pressure on her." Yudhisthir said the last part staring pointedly at Sahdev who nodded his head understanding what his brother meant.

"I hope you realise what responsibility you have taken upon yourself Sahdev. Are you ready to fulfil it properly?" Yudhisthir asked him on a serious note. Sahdev met his eyes briefly before nodding firmly.

"Okay then. Go and explain to her that you abducted her and she will have to marry you now." Yudhisthir said again nonchalantly.

"Me?!!!" Sahdev gasped in astonishment.

"Of course. She is your responsibility from now on. So, it's better you learn to interact with her soon. I heard you didn't even meet her once in the last few days after bringing her here?"

Sahdev remained silent at his question which was more like a statement. Silence descended on the chamber as the rest three understood that Yudhisthir wasn't pleased by his actions.

"While I appreciate your attempt of not frightening her and trying to do right by her, you have done nothing but confuse and scare her more. If you intend to do the righteous thing, you need to put your mind and heart into it honestly. You brought her here forcefully. So, now it's your responsibility to ensure she is happy and protected. Do you understand?" Yudhisthir asked firmly.

Sahdev took a calming breath and released it before nodding in affirmation.

"Arjun is going to return soon. Why don't we have the wedding after his return? This will also give Vijaya time to absorb the reality." Yudhisthir proposed then.

"Yes! And this is a good opportunity to celebrate too. Bhrata Arjun is coming back. With him Draupadi bhabishree and Shrutakarma will return to the Palace too. Hridi will soon give birth to our child. And our little brother is finally going to end his brahmacarya. Why don't we prepare for a grand wedding bhrata?" Nakul suggested with excitement. Here, Sahdev's eyes widened hearing him.

"I agree with Nakul. We should arrange for a grand wedding. After all, this wedding probably will be the last one in Indraprasth before Yaudheya grows up. Let's invite Jyesth and have a big get together!" Bheem said taking Sahdev in a headlock and ruffling his hair.

As he released Sahdev, he directed his panic-stricken eyes at Yudhisthir to find him contemplating the idea. Nakul and Bheem shared a look with smirks on their faces knowing Sahdev hated crowds and he absolutely loathed being the center of attention in social gatherings.

"Bhrata Yudhisthir, why are you thinking so much? Our Sahdev has done such a brave and valorous deed. Is it a small thing to kidnap a Rajkumari right from the royal court of her father! And that too in your presence! Well, it's another thing that he forgot you in Madra among all this mess and left you there alone to bear the aftermath. But we should definitely celebrate this valour of our brother." Nakul added.

Sahdev's jaw dropped slack as his horrified gaze found Nakul. He turned his eyes to Yudhisthir again to find him staring at Sahdev pointedly. Sahdev made a pleading expression shaking his head slightly.

"You're absolutely right. We should have a grand celebration." Yudhisthir announced finally restraining his own smirk.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Drisana groaned as she moved on the bed to find a more comfortable position. This bed rest thing was getting on her nerves. How long could a human remain attached to the bed? She could swear she wasn't going to do this again. That's to assume she would be alive to do this again.

"Drisana?" Devika called her coming inside the chamber. "How are you this morning?" She asked sitting beside her on the bed.

"Not good. It feels like hell! I can't sit for long, I am tired of lying down, I feel exhausted even crossing the distance to the wash chamber, I'm carving for something spicy, but can't eat spicy food, sudden movement is out of the question, I can't even laugh loudly and I lost a lot of my hair too! Seriously why do woman talk like being pregnant is the most beautiful thing ever?!" Drisana asked crunching her face.

"Just wait till you hold the baby in your arms. You'll know why this is called the best feeling ever. All the pains will fade to nothingness in front of that happiness." Devika replied with a chuckle.

"I don't think so. And this doesn't end here. I will have to raise the kid too. Stop moving around!!!" Drisana snapped the last part caressing her belly.

"The kid is not even born and you're already scolding him?!" Devika wondered chuckling again.

"I seriously can't wait for this to be over. God!!!!!" Drisana groaned again.

"Don't be so frustrated. It'll impact negatively on the child. Just relax. Everything will be fine." Devika said soothingly holding her hand in between both of hers.

"How is Rajkumari Vijaya?" Drisana asked.

"She is fine. Though she seems confused and scared. She remains in the guest chamber only. I guess she is afraid to roam around as this place is new to her." Devika replied.

"How can she stay confined in the chamber all day? I am dying to go out here." Drisana said.

"She said she is used to it." Devika replied with a contemplative look.

"Sahdev is an idiot. First he abducted her and now he is behaving like he is the one who got abducted." Drisana commented.

"Bhrata Sahdev is a person of calm and quiet nature. I think he just finds the situation awkward and that's why is not sure how to communicate with Rajkumari Vijaya. And Rajkumari Vijaya? Well, she doesn't seem like the one to confront someone or draw attention to herself." Devika sighed.

"That was quite unexpected. So? When is she going to be introduced to all of us? I want to meet her badly." Drisana said with a pout.

"Mata has said all of us to be present for dinner tonight. Rajkumari Vijaya will be there too. There we all will get formally introduced to her." Devika replied.

"Except me!" Drisana whined.

"Don't worry. I will bring her tomorrow to meet you. Now take rest and stop worrying." Devika said with a smile.

"I think I won't need to worry for much longer." Drisana groaned in pain and winced. Devika looked confused for a moment before her eyes widened in realisation.

"Dasi! Call the physician immediately! It's time."

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

In Hastinapur:

"Parnipat Jyesth." Durmukh greeted coming inside the chamber.

"Come. I was waiting for you only." Duryodhan said while getting ready to leave the palace as he had some work outside.

"There's a bad news." Durmukh informed grimly.

"I already heard." Duryodhan replied nonchalantly. "That Rajkumari of Madra got abducted. That too by none other than Sahdev."

"Madra Naresh has pledged his loyalty to Sahdev. And now Madra will never help us against Indraprasth." Durmukh said.

"We will see that when the time arrives. Just make sure to give Madra a heir before Sahdev does. That will be on your favour in future. After all everyone supports the eldest only." Duryodhan said with a smirk.

"Right now, I am only glad that the problem is not coming to Hastinapur. If anyone got even an inkling of what happened, it will be disastrous." He added gloomily.

"How long will we be able to hide this Jyesth? And is it even right?" Durmukh asked.

"He is family Durmukh. Unfortunately he is." Duryodhan replied with a frustrated sigh. "Let's go. We need to head outside."

They left the chamber and went to the stables. While passing, voices attracted their attention to the cowbarn. Duryodhan frowned as he recognised Bhanumati's angry voice coming from that way. He went to check the matter with Durmukh following him. There he found Bhanumati angrily scolding Lakshman. At a distance he found Drumasen carrying waterpots and filling the large container that was used for storing water for the cows. Lakshman had a similar container beside him.

"What is happening here?" Duryodhan asked in his brooding voice. Lakshman looked up at his father and instantly came running to him. He hid himself behind his father partially by hugging his leg from behind.

"Come here you idiot! Your father won't be able to save you this time." Bhanumati snapped at him angrily. Duryodhan frowned at her with his jaw gritted tightly.

"What is happening here?" He asked again.

"Ask your son. He never listens to anything I say. Drumasen got punished by Pitamah. He has ordered him to fill all the containers of the cowbarn. And here this boy is helping him in fulfilling his punishment." Bhanumati replied angrily.

"Lakshman?" Duryodhan asked for explanation turning his eyes to him.

"But he got punished because of me only Pitashree. He broke that boys tooth because he was troubling me." Lakshman replied in a sad voice.

"Then you should have punished that boy. How dare he trouble you! But instead first you hid behind Drumasen who is also younger in age than you and now you're doing this barn work! You're a Prince!!! This does not suit you!" Bhanumati snapped again.

Duryodhan turned his eyes to look at Drumasen who was silently doing his work without bothering with the on-going banter.

"Go. But don't help him. Share his burden instead." Duryodhan said to Lakshman surprising Bhanumati.

"What is the difference?" Lakshman asked in confusion.

"Help is taken from outsiders. But only family shares the burdens." He replied. Lakshman nodded happily before running behind Drumasen.

"What ----" Bhanumati started to question but one look from Duryodhan stopped her.

"Go inside. And I don't want you creating a scene outside again." He warned in a whisper before leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 880 26
This is a fanfiction of Subhadra, my favourite character from the Mahabharat. From days of kanyakul to becoming Arjuna's wife , this book has it all...
4.1K 213 12
The friendship of Lord Krishna and the Pandava Prince Arjuna is an eternal edict which has flowed throughout the ups and downs of their lives. Their...
399K 23.8K 77
Drisana has always felt like she's in the wrong place, wrong time. Why? That has no answer. After her parents death, adventure lover Drisana has been...
4.6K 304 21
Part 1 of the Matsya Ratna trilogy The Princess of Matsya, only daughter of Virat and Sudeshna, Uttara is a beacon of shimmering light, sprinkling st...