My second go at life // Orste...

By PirateQueen14

I thought finally I might have some kind of connection with her, so why did she do that? Why do I need to die... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chpater 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 5

592 32 7
By PirateQueen14

A couple of weeks after my birthday, it was Rudeus's birthday and we were going all out for it. I was making the cake this time as all the boys were forced to keep out of the kitchen. I pinned them to the ceiling using wind magic a couple of times.

Paul cried proud of me while Rudeus was annoyed.

We soon finished up and set the whole table. I put Rudeus's cake in front of him as we all sang happy birthday to him.

The cake was decent enough. "Thank you very much!" Rudeus exclaimed. "The cake is good!"

"Yes!" I celebrated and punched the table then went down in pain concerning them.

"She's just like her father." Zenith laughed as she held my hands in her and healed them.

"I'm proud." Paul cried while Rudeus sighed.

We all sat around the table. "Happy birthday!" We all yelled again.

"Thank you very much." He grinned. Paul danced for us with his sword, not that one. Rudeus says there's another one he has, but didn't explain further when he saw I was confused.

Paul then tried to eat his sword making me fall out of my seat.

"Is he dad?!" I yelled.

"Dead?" Rudeus asked.

"He is!" I was on the edge of tears and Paul then picked me up making me sigh in relief as the others laughed.

We all happily ate our food, and I gave Rudeus his present it was a flower crown. I put it on his head proudly. 'You never go out, so I'm bringing the outside to you. I hope it helps!' I grinned.

He gave me a sweet smile and hugged me. "Nothing can beat that present." He informed me.

I smirked as Paul looked ready to challenge my present. "This is for you." Paul gave him a sword.

Rudeus looks like he was about to sink with it, so I helped him hold it up and I was in shock at the weight. "Thank you very much, father." Rudeus grinned nervously.

"Ahem. Well, you may still be too young for that sword, but a man has to carry a sword inside his heart." Paul explained.

"He's not stabbing his body self!" I yelled not getting my words outright.

Paul then explained it in depth to me and I was starting to fall asleep since he was complaining about magic and I didn't ask for his opinion. "Dear, you are making our daughter fall asleep." Zenith chopped his head.

She then held out a book to Rudeus and he dropped that sword quickly.

"I know how you like books." Zenith explained as he opened it.

"Thank you very much, mother! This is what I wanted!" Rudeus was genuinely happy this time.

"Oh, what a good boy you are!" Zenith hugged him.

After she stopped hugging him and then me, which took an hour, it was Roxy's turn. "I actually have one for you both." Roxy held out two sticks to us with a colourful stone on the end.

Mine was blue while Rudeus's was red.

"That's a magic stone. It acts to amplify magic power, so it should be useful." Roxy explained.

"It's really pretty!" Rudeus exclaimed.

"Do I smack?" I asked.

"No, you point." Roxy instructed me. "Students who master beginner magic are customarily given wands, but you two can already use it, so it slipped my mind. My apologies."

'Hopefully your panti-' Rudeus cut off his thinking when I looked at him.

"Hanks!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks!" Rudeus added. "We will take good care of them, master!"

I nodded frantically, but she looked a little sad. "You both have learned four types of advanced attack magic at such a young age. Feel free to act a little more conceited." Roxy grinned.

"No, it's because you taught us well, master." Rudeus retorted.

"Need to learn more! I want to be the reason suffering ends for others, not art it!" I explained.

'Start.' Rudeus spoke in his mind.

"Start!" I corrected myself making them all laugh.

"There's very little I can teach you both." Roxy admitted shocking us. "I will be holding both of your graduation exams tomorrow."

"Graduation?" Rudeus asked.

"I will finally graduate something!" I exclaimed. "I'm gonna beat it...how do you graduate?"

"I will explain tomorrow." Roxy grinned.

"Now, let's continue!" Paul lifted me up onto his shoulders and held onto my legs as he danced around.

Later on in the night, I found Rudeus staring out of the window. 'As soon as I look outside, I remember that day. I remember it like it was yesterday.' I got concerned seeing his shoulders drop. 'In my old life, I always fantasised while agonising in my room. If I suddenly awakened to amazing powers, or if a hot girl suddenly moved in with me. I'm sure I could try hard.'

'One of those dreams came true, but my feet won't move. That despair is waiting for me outside. I'm too scared to take a step forward. I promised myself I would get serious, but my body refuses to keep up. I might cry.' I panicked hearing all of that then came up with a brilliant plan.

'Do you want me to push you out the window?' I popped up next to him making him flinch.

He said something, but I couldn't hear him since my wind magic was with everyone else. I think this shouldn't be heard by others, so I pointed at my head and he then asked me in his mind. 'Why?'

'So you can go outside, your body can't move so I will move it! People did it for me in the past!' I grinned.

He patted my head with a gentle smile on his face. 'One day.' He then walked off.

'What?! Today then!' I retorted, and he didn't even look at me. 'Oi! Pussy!' I chased after him.

'How do you know that word?!' He yelled. I pointed at him and he looked very nervous.

The next day, we were in our garden with our giant ass horse.

I was trying to fight the wind because it was so strong my wind magic was just being blown away in a second.

Roxy then tried talking to me, but it kept cutting out. "Save my pee?" I asked making her panic.

'Save your mp.' Rudeus informed me in his mind, and I saw he was hiding behind Zenith who is closest to the house.

'NOOOOO!' Rudeus's mind yelled as Paul went to poke him, so I went over to pat his head.

"Thank you." Zenith signed to me as Rudeus seemed to calm down a little then she signed to me as she explained to Roxy that he doesn't like the outside.

"Not monsters, outside scary." I explained, but couldn't hear myself I saw all their heads tilt to the side. I actually said. "Not mobsters, outside beary."

Paul then tried to pick up Rudy, and he ran behind me. The horse seemed to be making a sound by how it was moving and I signed to it.

'The horse can't talk.' Rudeus informed me in his mind.

"Ehh!" I exclaimed shocked.

He laughed at me then Paul picked me up and put me up on the horse. Roxy put Rudeus on behind me then got on behind him.

We started to move, and Rudeus started to fidget showing he was scared. It was the gate that scared him, so I just made random sounds to the rhythm of a song that played in the background of one of my fighting games to distract him.

'What are you doing?' He asked me.

'Well, look at that we left home.' I grinned back at him, and he looked around shocked.

I was excited as people looked at us. They seemed to be farming and I shouted greetings to them, they looked confused then waved back while smiling.

'You shouted help, not hello.' Rudeus informed me.

'Oops.' I laughed.

I waved to everyone as we went on and I instantly fell in love with the village. Everyone is so nice and Rudeus finally relaxed. 'What was I afraid of? Who is going to make fun of me in a peaceful village like this?' I heard him think.

'No one!' I answered.

We then got out to an open field, and I slid off the horse then I heard a scream. 'You can scream in your mind?' I asked Rudeus.

'WHY DID YOU FALL?!' He shook me by my shoulders when he got down.

'I slid, not fall.' I smirked proudly that I'm finally correcting him for once.

He sighed and then we got ready for Roxy to demonstrate Rudeus's spell. She had given me some paper that has written on it what I need to do for my spell.

Roxy walked off into the field we are standing in and I went to follow, but Rudeus pulled me back. 'Stay here, it's dangerous. Especially that you can't hear.' Rudeus warned me and I still went forward one step since I wanted to walk and he held my hand.

Roxy held up her staff and started a spell. The wind picked up as the clouds darkened, and Roxy waved around her staff making rain come down on us and it was a whole shower.

The wind made us go flying and I hit in to our horse and held onto its leg.

I started to let out my own wind magic around me to protect myself as I kept my eyes closed then the rain stopped. "CERES!!" I heard faint yells since my wind magic was scattered around everywhere. They both ran over to see that I'm fine, but the horse was on its side confusing me.

"Healing magic, master!" Rudeus yelled.

Roxy healed the horse while Rudeus checked on me. "Did you feel a sting?" He asked me.

"I felt a horse leg. I smaoused into it." I explained and he sighed in relief. I made more wind magic since their voices were cutting out for me.

"Did you make a shield of wind magic?" Roxy asked me.

"I just imagined a hug." I explained.

"Well done." She patted my head. "Now, may I ask you two to keep this between us?"

"Don't worry, I won't say a word." Rudeus reassured her.

"Is it bad?" I asked.

"You nearly died." Rudeus explained.

"But I have done that befo- NEVER!!" I yelled.

Roxy laughed. "Now, you try it! I will protect Caravaggio and Ceres!"

Rudeus started to walk out to where Roxy was before and Roxy used an earth spell to make a dome around us. She left two little holes for us to watch through. 'This is the final exam.' I heard Rudeus think he sounds disappointed. 'That means this is the end of our home tutoring.'

I saw his mouth moving meaning he was starting the spell, and he waved around his wand. 'Roxy would say I can't impose on you when I have nothing left to teach and just leave the house tomorrow. That makes today our last day.'

I pouted at Roxy who was confused.

Roxy got the dome to fall apart after the spell was finished and I saw the whole area was soaked meaning Rudeus's spell was much more powerful than Roxy's.

I then saw Roxy was trying to sign to me. I let out wing magic since I need to ask what the hell she is saying. "Tuna..goes...great with...feet?" I had a disgusted look on my face, and she started to rub a puddle with her finger.

'Your go.' Rudeus informed me.

I nodded and went into the middle of the field as they hid in the stone dome. I made wind magic, so I could hear myself and focus on saying the words of the incantation rightly and I stopped midway from hearing everything around me.

It was all new to me. I could hear all kinds of bugs and people from the village talking. It was like I was listening in on the entire world. My wind magic built up more and more making a huge tornado around me, but the sound was building up to and it was getting too much for me.

I could hear much further and there were many voices in my ears overwhelming me, so I covered my ears. "Too much!" I yelled wanting it to stop. I didn't have control anymore scaring me, I'm just the same as before nothing has changed. "Please, just stop!"

I heard my voice echo as well making me go quiet, it only made it scarier since I can't even call for help. "Ceres! Sis!" I heard Rudeus yell and he came running in and hugged me. 'Just hold out, I'm here.' He reassured me in his mind.

I hugged him back instead of covering my ears. It was comforting knowing I'm not alone this time, it was not the same as before. I can have as many hugs as I want!

I giggled happily to myself at finally not being useless for once. I can hear, and I can walk just like anyone else, even if it's just for one moment.

The spell soon stopped, but the wind was all around us still. I tried controlling it, and I only could move certain parts of it, but I was able to lift a dead tree a little leaving Roxy amazed.

"I could move a whole mountain!" I exclaimed.

"You can't even move a rock with your actual hands." Rudeus stared at me and I slapped him with four leaves in the face with my wind making us both laugh.

"Are you okay?" Roxy asked me.

"Scary, butt Rudeus came to help me." I grinned.

"Wrong but." Rudeus patted my head.

We then sat on the dead tree, and I loved being able to hear everything out here for once like my hearing is normal. "I didn't tell you two to make such huge attacks." Roxy sighed.

"The paper said big wind, so I made big wind." I retorted.

"Did I overdo it?" Rudeus asked.

"It's a shame. Now there really is nothing more I can teach you two." Roxy informed us.

"I want to go deaf again." I sighed.

"Then I will say this now. Congratulations, Rudeus, you're a sacred level water mage and Ceres, you're a sacred level wind mage." Roxy grinned.

We went back, and Zenith and Paul were begging her not to leave because of recipes? I used my wind magic again, so I could hear more. "I plan to travel the world and hone my magical abilities over again." Roxy explained.

"Sorry, it looks like our children made you lose your confidence." Paul apologised.

'Isn't that an insult?' I asked Rudeus.

'Yes.' He answered immediately.

"Rudy, Ceres, this is the best I could." Roxy bent down in front of us. "But it seems I lack the ability to guide you both."

"Nah!" I exclaimed.

"You taught us all sorts of things, master." Rudeus added.

"Rocks...Why are you abandoning us?" I pouted at her. I was ready to cry any second now making them all panic.

"I'm not! We will see each other again." Roxy reassured me.

"Really?" I excitedly asked her.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Then okay, I will wait! No dying or seeing trucks!" I exclaimed.

"Trucks?" She asked while Rudeus shivered.

"Oh, yeah." Roxy gave us both a necklace. "These are charms from my hometown." She informed us. "I didn't have time to prepare a graduation party, so this will have to do."

"I love graduateing!" I yelled.

"We will treasure it." Rudeus promised her.

"That would make me happy." Roxy grinned and then stood up. "It's time to go, goodbye."

Our parents were sobbing, and I pulled Rudeus with me to chase after her a little as she was nearly out of our sight. "Master!" Rudeus yelled.

I put my hands beside his mouth confusing him. "Voice, loud, boom." I explained.

"Thank you very much!" He yelled and my wind magic made it echo all around us so she definitely heard.

'She gave us a lot of knowledge, experience, and technique and she even brought me outside healing that trauma for me and most importantly helping you hear the world.' Rudeus grinned. 'I'm going to respect that little girl.'

I thought he would, but the next day I got poked on the shoulder and saw Rudeus on the floor bowing while Lilia held out some panties to me and signed to me asking if they are mine.

I shook my head since you can see they are to big for me, but to small for Zenith or Lilia. 'SORRY!' Rudeus's mind yelled, and I think those panties were Roxy's.

'Did you want to try wearing some?' I asked.

'On my face, yes.' He answered.

"Oh, should I try that? Is it in fashion?' I ran off, and Rudeus decked me for some reason.

The next day in the morning, he prayed to the panties. 'Why do you do that with the panties?' I asked him.

He flinched. 'Ceres, I have something to tell you...' He paused for the dramatic effect that wasn't there. 'This a holy relic, I pray to it so all our family can stay safe.'

I joined him in praying and he told me to keep it a secret since the prayer won't work if others know.

We are going out today since I have wanted to explore for so long and he finally wants to get out there and live his life.

'Bunny! Or cat?!' I yelled in my mind while staring at my shoes.

'Bunny.' Rudeus tied them for me.

I then ran out and saw Paul tap Zenith's ass. "Game?" I asked.

Zenith shook her head frantically. "Can we play outside?" Rudeus and I walked over to them and Rudeus signed so I can see what they are talking about.

Paul nodded and Zenith seemed happy. "You were worried I was sickly?" Rudeus asked them.

"You never cried." Zenith signed what Paul said because he sucked at learning it.

"I'm growing into a sturdy, charming son." Rudeus bragged.

"He protects the family by hailing pan-" Rudeus covered my mouth and then dragged me away from them a little.

'Did I say a word wrong?' I asked with disappointment.

'That isn't the reason, hailing is kind of the same as praying.' He panicked. 'You nearly told them about the holy relic.'

'Oh! Sorry!' I panicked.

He patted my head and Paul then started a lecture. I could tell him from his posture and the bored-to-death looks Zenith and Rudeus have on their faces.

"Be nice to people, use your strength to protect the weak." Rudeus told me the important parts. "That's what father wants us to do."

"Peasy!" I yelled.

I then ran off making Rudeus chase after me, it was fun to just run. 'People are waving!' Rudeus yelled in his mind.

I jumped onto the side of the bridge and waved at a mother and her daughter washing some clothes in the river.

Rudeus then pulled me down, and he was shaking as he carried me away from the bridge. 'Stop being reckless.' He asked of me.

'I'm an adventurer, not reckless.' I grinned.

'You're stupid.' He informed me making me slap his head lightly and we both laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 551 19
(April 2024: working on new cover!) Yup, Jobless Reincarnation fanfic incoming. Where to start with this anime. This is genuinely one of the first is...
26.7K 626 36
A girl from a small village has been training for this moment her whole life. Final selection. The day she decided To become a demon slayer was the d...
1.1K 26 22
She woke up to her mother and father calling her down for breakfast as she is now turning six, but she accidentally forced her Quirk Factor to go int...
120 21 12
[Discontinued Story] (A/N: please don't judge this... It's literally cringe but bear with me...please...) A 29(?) years old(human/goddess who likes t...