Call Of The Wild. Book ii.

By Maroon1479

Mat is learning everyday what it means to be Alpha. Thinking all her troubles might get solved one step at a... More

part one - i.
part one - ii.
part one - iv.
part one - v.
part one - vi.
part one - vii.
part one - viii.
part one - ix.
part one - x.
part one - xi.
part one - xii.
part one - xiii.
part one - xiv.
part one - xv.
part one - xvi.
part one - xvii.
part one - xviii.
part one - xix.
part one - xx.
part one - xxi.
part two - xxii.
part two - xxiii.
part two - xxiv.
part two - xxv.
part two - xxvi.
part two - xxvii.
part two - xxviii.
part two - xxix.
part two - xxx.
part two - xxxi.
part two - xxxii.
part two - xxxiii.
part two - xxxiv
part two - xxxv.
part two - xxxvi.
part two - xxxvii.
part two - xxxviii.
part two - xxxix.
part two - xl.
part two - xli.
part two - xlii.
part two - xliii.
part two - xliv.
part two - lv.
part two - xlvi
part two - xlvii
part two - xlviii.
Epilogue.

part one - iii.

1.6K 110 2
By Maroon1479

Mat.

I saw a man come at me in the corner of my eyes. I quickly turned and lunged at him. I knocked him off his feet and tossed him on his back. My eyes burned sapphire and gold as I turned. I looked down at him and his eyes widen. I jumped ontop of him and wrapped my arms around his throat. His scent filled my nose as I brought my mouth down to bite down but I realized something.

This man defiantly wasn't a wolf.

He was human.

I stopped and lifted myself up. I stared down at him and I saw his arm raise with a needle in it. His arm quickly came down but I grabbed his wrist and twisted it. He cried out in pain as I broke his wrist and I brought the back of my hand across his face to knock him out.

Killian ran over to his cousin Ulric who had a man ontop of him. He had a needle in Ulric throat and Ulric blood filled the needle. Killian pulled the man off Ulric and slammed the guy against a tree. I ran over and got down on my knees. I pulled the needle out of his throat and Ulric coughed heavily as he sat up.

“H-he was taking my blood.” he said.

I opened my mouth to speak but I heard screaming. I turned my head to look at Aeriela tent where a man stabbed her with a needled with with something dark. I took in a sharp breathe and started to get up but I saw Will go help her. Killian cried out in pain and I turned my head to see the man attacking Ulric was now attaching Killian.

“Go help her!” I told Ulric who nodded and quickly ran. “Get out of the woods!” I screamed to everyone. “Now! Leave!” I walked over to the man holding Killian down and grabbed him by his blondish hair. I pulled him away and threw him on his back. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a gun. My eyes widen before I bared my sharpening teeth. He pulled the trigger and something stabbed me in my forehead.

I screamed as I stumbled back and I reached up, pulling whatever was there because it clearly wasn't a bullet. It felt like a little dart. I fell on my back as I screamed out in pain, a pain like I was thrown in fire. I rolled around screaming in pain. It felt like it was going on forever until it stopped and soon numbness filled my body and I couldn't see. The numbness started at the top with my head and worked it way down my body. That's how I felt the needle being pierced into my leg but nothing filled my body. I think he was drawing my body.

“Damn beast.” I heard the man said as I laid there frozen unable to move.

“Shane, you alright!” I heard someone call.

“Yeah, just fine.” the blondish human said. “This one is different. You see her eyes, their not gold like the others. Their freaking blue.”

“What? Oh jeez, they are. You shoot her in the forehead. Damn.” a man said. “Faulkner gonna like this. Get the test samples back to the lab and—”

“Hey Shane, get your ass out of there!” I heard a woman from what sounds like a walkie talkie. “There's allot of those things coming your way. Three minutes!”

“You heard the lady gentlemen.” Shane said.

“Should we take that one?” he asked.

“Nah, the belladonna already in her and she'll die before we get back. I'm sure there's more like her out there. Now lets go.” he said, rushing everyone and soon I heard cars driving away.

And I just laid there until I passed out.

*

I felt something touch me and I quickly sat up, kicking and screaming, “Don't touch me!” I screamed, thrashing my arms around. Someone grabbed me by my wrist and held me down on the table.

“Mat, you're alright!” I heard Killian voice. I took comfort in his voice and even though my body was stiff I stopped fighting. He let go of my wrist and I groaned, bringing my hands up to my forehead. I saw something but darkness. I felt gauze wrap around my eyes with some padded covering my eye and that must have been why. I started to pull the gauze and padding but Killian grabbed my hands, “Wait.”

“What?” I questioned as I sat up quickly. I started to unwrap the gauze, “Why? They stuff is annoying on my face. I can't see.”

“Mat.” he said, taking a deep breathe. I pulled the padding off and everything was blurry. I saw Killian figure in front of me but he was so blurry and faded I hardly could see him. “The nightshade—it causes allot of damage to your eyes.”

My heart raced quickly in chest and my hands reached out towards him. He brought his hands up to mine and I cried out, “What happened to me!” I cried out in fear. “I'm blind! Oh, my god!”

“You're not blind.” I heard a woman voice on my right and my eyes quickly turned that way. “You were hit in the forehead near your eyes with nightshade AKA belladonna which would have burned your eyes if you were a normal wolf but since you have wild blood your soul was able to protect your body and sight from losing it completely. It's temporary.”

“I still can't see!” I yelled, bring my hands up to my face. I cried out, “Oh god! I can't see! How can this be happning?” I started to stand up but I lost my balance. Killian caught me in his arms and my eyes stungs with tears but I held them back. It's hard news to wake up and learn your almost blind! Everything is so blurry and I could hardly make anything out. I don't care if it's temporary, it's still scary as hell!

*

“They aren't hunters.” Nate said, answering my questions. “At least not the hunters we believe they are."

“What other kind of hunters can there be?” I coldly asked.

“Hundreds and hundreds of years ago yes there was hunters but once we went into hidding we became just stories legends. That was a long time and they vanished along with us. There humans were taking blood samples as what we could find at the camp. My guess—scientist. Our secrets is becoming exposed.” he said, sighing heavily. “We just don't know who spelling our secrets or how they found out. These people must have been working with them, doing their dirty work by getting our blood. They must know nightshade is deadly for us and tried to kill most of y'all.”

“Why us?” I coldly said. “They didn't kill any of us with it luckily but they destroyed our camp!”

“That must have been their suspicion. A large group of people camping out in a Texas wood? They must have found out somehow.” he said. He grabbed my chin and lifted my head back, “You're eyes are stuck sapphire and amber.”

I pulled away groaning, “Damn—damn—damn humans!” I growled out angerily.

“Whoa there, Mat. Remember you use to be one.” he sarcastically said, making me smack my tongue against my teeth.

I placed my hands on the table and lifted myself up, “That healing doctor Katarina says it's temporary and should heal slowly itself in matters of couple of weeks. How am I suppose to lead my pack now when I'm ninety-seven percent blind!” I coldly said. I groaned heavily as I stepped away, “God, I'm pathetic. I'm a shitty Alpha.”

“Mat, stop it.” Nate said. “It's not like you did it yourself—”

“I can already hear the others laughing at me.” I said, snorting. I referred to the other Alphas, the Alphas who don't believe I will last more than a year. They think even though I have wild strength I'm not good enough and I felt so weak right now. I crossed my arms over my chest, “They'll call me a failure. God!” I groaned against as I brought my hands up to my face feeling ashamed. “Did you tell them?”

“I had to.” he said. “I have to report things like this if it's involes the fate our kind.”

I brought my hands down my face, “A blonde one—I think he was the one in charge. He noticed how I was different from the others and took some of my blood. If scientist are finding out about us what are they looking for? And why haven't they made it public?”

“I don't know, Mat.” he said. “We have to travel to New York, that's where the meeting will be. Fifty-two Alphas because of Puerto Rico and you.”

“How fucking perfect.” I sarcastically said. “When is it?”

“Three days. You'll travel with me tomorrow morning. Luis and Brayden will stay here to watch the packs until we come back.” he said about our Betas.

I brought my hand up to my mouth, “My pack—what they probably think of me.”

“You didn't know it was gonna happen—none of you knew. Stop beating yourself up about it.” he said. “Mat, you're a tough Alpha.”

“I let them down.” I said, lowering my head. “I didn't know how to handle the situation other then tell them to run.”

“You were taken under suprise and they were trying to kill everyone with nightshade. What would have been the point. Not all of them can fight, most of them still young.” he said. “Stop it, Mat. You're not superwoman. You stayed back though and tried to fight them off. How many Alphas can say they did that? That night of the massacre Lincoln and others had their strongest wolves help them get pass. They didn't help anyone.”

That didn't make me feel any better though since I still felt like a failure.

Aeriela.

I was waiting on a bed for Mat to come back. We were in some big building that was suppose to be homes for homeless people since it was the quickest things Alpha Nathan could find. Something called a shelter inside a big room with many beds.

Everyone was alright but we were all worried since we didn't know what was going on.

Someone walked passed me and it was Ulric. He sat down on the bed across from me and I turned to look at him. He threw the pillow down on the mattress angerily and laid down. He stared up at the ceiling, mumbling under his breathe about how much this all sucks.

I got off the mattress and crawled over towards him. He turned his head and arched his eyebrow up at me. “I want to say—uh, thank you.” I said. “Thank you for helping me—two times. You helps me two times in one day.”

“Oh you know your numbers now?” he sarcastically asked, making me breathe out heavily from my nose. I put my hand on his shoulder and started to push him. He swatted at me, “Hey, let go.”

“I'm thanking you.” I said, crawling ontop of him and he arched his eyebrow up at me. “Turn on your belly.”

“Uh. . . .alright?” he said, turning around on his back. I placed my hands on his shoulders and started to rub them. He propped himself up on his elbows, “Is this how you thank someone back with your wild family? A shoulder rub?”

“My uncle was always stressed and wanted me to rub his shoulders. I have strong hands. See.” I said, gripping roughly down on his shoulders.

“Ahh! Ahh! Okay, I see! Let go.” he cried in pain and I loosened my grip. I rubbed his shoulders a little bit before I brought my knees up and pressed them against his back. “Ahh! Not to rough, Aeriela! Ahh!”

“What a pup.” I said under my breath as I stopped pressing my knees against his back deeply. I leaned down towards his ear, “Why did you help me when I went into the water?"

“Huh?” he questioned. “Uh, maybe when your not digging your knee into my back I'll answer!”

I crawled off of him and sat down next to him. He sat up, stretching his back, “Jeez, you're one strong girl.”

“Thank you.” I said, smiling proudly as I lift my chin up.

“Uh, girls aren't suppose to be that strong. Girls are suppose to be soft and delicate.” he said. “Like flowers.”

I frowned, “Well not all girls can be like Harley.”

“Clearly.” he said, looking at me fully. “Look, I saved you because that idiot Rascal was just watching. When I realized no one was gonna go in to help I ran in. It's not because I have any feelings for you. Alpha Matilda told me to help your last night and get you out of there. Now my turn—why were you spying on Harley and me last night?”

I shrugged, “I find it interesting to watch a male and female interact like how out. We don't calmly hang out with each other in the wild. Watching is interesting, it's like. . .I don't know how to explain.”

“Like watching a movie or TV show?” he asked.

“TV? Like that picture movie box I hear allot about?” I asked.

He looked amused and nodded, “Yes. So is that really why you were watching? Because it's like watching some romantic movie?”

“What is hot?” I asked.

“What?”

“You called Harley hot. What does it mean? She wasn't on fire or anything so what does it mean and am I hot?” I asked. He started chuckling and I felt like he was laughing at me. I hit him in the arm and gave him a hard look, “What?” I questioned coldly.

He shook his head as he grinned, “Nothing. Sure Aeriela, you're hot. Like really, really hot. As hot as your hair. Don't worry, it's a good thing.”

“Oh.” I said, shrugging. “Whatever it means I guess your hot to if it's a good thing.”

He smirked as he leaned closer towards me, “Oh really? You think so?”

I shrugged my right shoulder, “It's a good thing, right? So yes.”

He chuckled, “Aeriela, have you ever heard of a kiss?”

My face burned as I stared at him for a moment. I blinked a few times as we stared at each for a moment, “Yes. It's when two lips touch.”

“Have you ever been kissed?” he asked.

“Yes.” I said. Aydin kissed me a few times and it was so weird. So many pack members kiss their mates and I learn it was something you should do with someone you like. It's a big deal apparently when I thought it was just two lips touching.

“Oh really?” he questioned and I nodded. He quickly lowered his head down towards mine and pressed his mouth against mine. My eyes widen as I stared at him for a moment. His eyes were closed as he kissed me softly on the mouth.

I pulled away and he stared at me. I quickly got up and went over to my mattress. I faced my back towards him as I brought my hair over and grabbed strains of hair. I braided them each as if nothing happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2M 368K 92
If dish soap, rutabagas, and firecrackers aren't an essential part of your zombie apocalypse kit, you better grab them now! Season 1 of The Virus Wit...
4.1M 199K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
10.1M 506K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
91.8M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...