the best of me ⎪eren jaeger

By arminplzjust1chance

↬eren j. ⎪ ❝ You are my favorite place ❞ Giving your apartment to Eren, a boy of your friend group, didn't s... More

✿introduction
✿chapter one - new experience
✿chapter two - eren's laugh
✿chapter three - my favorite place
✿chapter four - i think the same about you
✿chapter five - the only photo we have together
✿chapter six - anything that is in our hands
✿chapter seven - pretty
✿chapter eight - a ray of sunshine
✿chapter nine - lies
✿chapter ten - bad memories
✿chapter eleven - the other side of the party
✿chapter twelve - hidden feelings
✿chapter thirteen - the same as before
✿chapter fourteen -indifference
✿chapter sixteen - new priorities
❀chapter seventeen - moving
❀chapter eighteen - excuses
❀chapter nineteen - the bookshop
❀chapter twenty - forgotten
❀chapter twenty one - halloween's secrets
❀chapter twenty-two - those little details
❀chapter twenty-three - the best for you
❀chapter twenty-four - confessions
❀chapter twenty-five - between pages
❀chapter twenty-six - Shiganshina Park
❀chapter twenty-seven - I know who you are
✾chapter twenty-eight - first date
✾chapter twenty-nine - sleepover
✾chapter thirty - different perspectives
✾chapter thirty-one - blaming
✾chapter thirty-two - unrecovered memories
✾chapter thirty-three - the first day of the last month
✾chapter thirty-four - looking at the moon
✾chapter thirty-five - lights off
❁chapter thirty-six - stranger
❁chapter thirty-seven - the worst of me
❁chapter thirty-eight - past and present
❁chapter thirty-nine - repeat
❁chapter forty - true colors
❁chapter forty-one - stay there
❁chapter forty-two - always guilty

✿chapter fifteen - explanations

523 22 4
By arminplzjust1chance

You denied. "Absolutely no, I need to sleep!"

Eren rolled his eyes. "Come on, it will be fun!"

Without saying anything, you closed your window, letting the boy now that you didn't want to leave your house. As you were going to sleep, a loud sound spread throughout your room, making your heart stop for a few moments. You turned around, seeing the totally broken window, and a rock next to you. Although for a moment you panicked, you realized what was really happening, so you headed towards the hole that connected your room to the outside, trying not to step on the glass.

"EREN!" you screamed. "Was it REALLY necessary to break my fucking window?"

He looked sore, holding his right arm with the other. "Oh, shut up. I was the one who dislocated my arm trying to get the rock so high!"

You took a piece of the broken crystal from the window, showing it to the boy. "Really? The crystals could have reached me, as well as that fucking rock!"

Eren shrugged his shoulders, dismissing the matter. "Anyway, that hasn't happened! Come on, hurry up, I want to take you somewhere!"

Your heart began to beat faster. Does he really want to spend time with me? After him not speak to me for a person?

"LET'S GO!" he repeated.

You came back to reality. "Ok, I'm coming, but stop yelling, you're going to wake up the neighbors!" you exclaimed.

You went back inside your room, picking up the mess that had happened a minute ago a bit, and putting on more appropriate clothes to go outside. You took your keys and your cell phone, looking at the messages Eren had sent you.

eren💒

are u sleeping?

y/n?

y/n

y/n

y/n

y/n

A smile appeared on your face, but you still had in the back of your mind what Mikasa told you. You opened the door, seeing those green eyes already looking at you. "I'll send you the bill when I repair my window" you threatened.

"As you wish, your majesty" he answered. You closed the door, heading to Eren's car. He opened the door for you, as he did in the morning.

When both of you entered in the car and Eren started driving, you asked yourself what the boy wanted to show you. "Where are we going?" you asked.

"Shhh" he put a finger on his lips. "That's a surprise".

You clicked your tongue, annoyed because you were still sleepy. Also, the fact that you didn't like surprises didn't help. The drive lasted ten minutes, in which none of you talked. As more time passed, you could see through the window that the houses were disappearing. This is scary.

Eren stopped his car in front of a place that looked like it came out of a movie. It was the dark entrance to a forest, whose trees were so big that the light barely entered. The atmosphere was somewhat gloomy, but for some reason, it inspired confidence and tranquility. "Woah..." you looked mesmerized.

"Right?" Eren continued. "It's beautiful. Ok, let's go inside!"

You looked at him, scared. "W-what? No way! We can't see the light with those trees!"

"Are you scared?" the boy teased, but seeing your frightened face, his expression softened, surrounding your wrist with his hands. "Come on, I know this place better than anyone. Follow me, at the end of the path I'm sure you will not be scared".

"Ok..." you whispered. "I hope what you want to show me is good".

Both of you started walking. During all the time, Eren didn't stop holding your wrist, something that made you release part of the stress you were holding in your body during all this week. Maybe he doesn't hate me anymore...

I still don't understand why it bothers me so much. It didn't happen during the last three years.

After a long five minutes walking, you finally reached to the place Eren wanted to show you, and you understood why he wanted to do that. A few meters away, there was a bench that was next to a small stream that passed through there. The moonlight reflected off the water, illuminating the entire place. The stars were brighter than you had ever seen.

"Come on, let's sit" Eren demanded.

You sat on the bench, each of you at one end. For a few minutes, neither of you spoke. You admired the tranquility that this place conveyed, realizing that it was a feeling that you hadn't had for a long time.

Eren turned to look at you. Although you realized it, you did not do the same as him, you didn't dare.

"I don't hate you" he said.

With that, all the stress you've been feeling during all this week disappeared. Those were the words you needed to hear. Still, you didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry for saying those things about you", Eren continued, "I was sad and... confused because of having to move to another place, I wasn't thinking straight, I truly don't think those things about you".

"You're always trying to help people... and it seems that, for a few years, I thought that I did not deserve to receive help from anyone. That's why I couldn't stand people who tried to help me, I really didn't understand why they wanted to do that. I'm sorry".

You shifted to peer at him, knowing already why he felt like this. He blames himself for the death of his parents and for all the bad things that happened to him. Because of that, he doesn't think he deserves anything good.

Just like me three years ago.

You got closer to Eren and smiled. "Don't worry, it's ok. I was still a bit worried that you still thought that about me, but now I not that's not true".

The boy sighed and giggled. "Damn, I was so worried that now you were the one who hated me!"

Your eyes widened. "How could I hate you, Jaeger?" you questioned. "I've been missing during all this week visiting your house!"

Eren laughed. "I missed it too". Suddenly, his face changed completely. You could see it was filled with sorrow. "The day Mikasa told me I needed to leave her house was the third anniversary of the death of my parents. I felt empty, and no one seemed to notice that, except from a few people who remembered it".

Your heart started beating faster, remembering that day, September 15th. "I'm so sorry, Eren. I completely forgot about it" you confessed.

"It doesn't matter" he assured. "At that time, we were not that close. That's also the reason why during all this week, I didn't try to talk with you. Since Mikasa told me that she explained everything to you, I remembered that day, and therefore, my parents. That's why I was so dry all these days. I should be the one apologizing".

Instinctively, you reached over to grab Eren's hand. "Don't apologize for something that's not your fault. You deserve to let out all those feelings, even if you do that by distancing yourself from others".

He looked at you, his expression changing to a more hopeful one. And with that, looking deep into her eyes, you found yourself, the y/n from about two years ago. When things were starting to get better in your life, separating you from toxic people and habits that made you a worse person. When there began to be hope for you.

"y/n, why are you crying?" Eren asked.

"What..." you touched your cheek, feeling that it was wet. "Oh... I just remembered something".

"I know it's not the same", you clarified, "but my parents and I don't usually spend a lot of time together".

"There are times I don't see them for months, and this has gotten worse since we moved here. I don't know if it will happen to you, but there are times when I wonder what it would be like to sit and talk with them about how my day has gone, visiting places with them ... normal things that anyone would do with their parents".

Eren tightened his hand around yours. "Looks like we're the same person. But, hey, you already do those things with me! We spend a lot of time together at the apartment and talk about our day, and now we visited this place, right?" the boy looked at you, smiling.

The excitement the boy transmitted when saying made you laugh. "Yeah, we have each other now".

"I'm happy that we've been able to clarify all of this" he said while looking at the hour on his phone. "It's pretty late, we should go now".

You nodded. Both of you got up and started walking. You looked one last time where you had been. I have to come here more times.

The drive was the same, all in complete silence. Eren walked you to the door of your house. "Good night", he said.

"Same! Sleep well" you stated.

The boy started to walk in the direction of the car but, before arriving, he turned to look at you. "Don't forget to wait for me in the morning tomorrow!"

You laughed. "I won't!"

With that, you went to sleep, much calmer than the previous nights. Even if you were still home alone, you felt like that knot in your stomach that you had been feeling for a while had already disappeared.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

You woke up in the morning, much happier than the other days. The day was sunny, and even knowing you had class in less than an hour, you were full of energy.

You left the house, and after five minutes, you saw Eren waiting for you. Smiling, you approached him.

"Good morning" he greeted you. "I thought you forgot about me".

"How could I forget about you, Jaeger?" you teased him. "You insisted me about meeting you all the time yesterday".

"Hey!" the brunette exclaimed. "I told you only one time!"

While you were walking, you met Ymir and Historia. The blonde was surprised to see you and Eren together, but she just smiled.

The first class you had was business. As Mr. Pixis was explaining something that seemed extremely boring, you did not hesitate to pick up your phone when you noticed that someone had sent you a message.

eren💒

I have biology class rn

Floch sat next to me

I forgot to tell him that I changed my opinion about Floch.

you

I'm sorry to tell u this but I tolerate him now

eren💒

WHAT

WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

You contained your laugh, something that Mikasa, who was next to you, noticed. "What's so funny?" she quietly asked.

"Oh, I was just talking with Eren" you explained.

The girl raised her eyebrows. "So you solved things with him?"

You nodded. "Yeah, yesterday".

"Damn, he must have done something nice for you if you actually forgave him" Mikasa insinuated.

Your cheeks swarmed with heat, remembering the time you passed with Eren last night. "Eh... yeah, I guess" were the only words you could say.

The day at school passed pretty quickly, and after a few hours, you had already finished all your classes. As you were walking out the door, someone stopped you.

"Hey" Eren put a hand on your shoulder. "...Can you come with me to the apartment? We can study together".

You smiled, "Of course! Let's go".

Both of you started walking. "So you are friends with Floch now?" Eren questioned.

"Nah, we're not friends, but I talked with him during his party and... well, he's not such a bad person" you explained.

"Pfft, that party was crazy" the brunette commented.

You laughed, "yeah, kind of".

You arrived at the building and went up to the third floor. "Ok, before going in, I want you to know that it's all a bit messy" Eren warned you.

"Okay...?" you said, trying to guess what had happened this week when you hadn't been in the apartment at all.

Well, what he said was kind of true. Clothes were strewn everywhere, as well as plates of food and bottles of water. "Woah ... what happened here?" you asked.

"I mean, since you haven't been here all these days, I kind of struggled to keep everything organized" Eren informed you. "Don't worry, you don't have to do anything. When you leave, I'll clean all of this".

"Ok, but then, why did you ask me to be here?" you questioned.

He frowned, "... to spend some time with you?"

You widened your eyes. "Oh... yeah. Well, what do you want to do?"

Eren sat on the kitchen table, which was surprisingly the only part of the house that was cleaned. "We can do our homework and then watch a movie. If you want, I can invite someone".

You smiled. "Perfect".

After saying that, both of you started doing your work from school. While you were practicing some drawing techniques Mrs. Magnolia introduced, Eren was trying to solve some math problems.

When half an hour had passed, you heard a melody that you remembered very well. My parents are calling me. You looked at your mobile, and sure enough, your mother's contact appeared on the screen. "Sorry, they're calling me ..." you whispered, not really caring about Eren hearing you or not.

You went to the bathroom and picked up the call. "Mother?"

"y/n? Hello! How are you?"

You smiled "I'm fine. What's wrong? Why haven't you come yet?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about, honey. Dad and I aren't going to be able to go yet. We've had a little problem at work that we haven't been able to fix yet."

Your heart stopped beating for a second. Again. "Oh ... well, it's okay. The house will be alone again, huh" you said.

"That was another thing I wanted to talk to you about" your mother continued. "Your father and I have talked about this for a while, and we have thought that the house is a very big place for you."

Your eyes widened. No...

"That is why we have decided to sell the house. In any case, as we are not going to return there for a while, the best thing for you is that you go live in that apartment we have, the one next to your school. ".

Before you could tell her you couldn't do that, you remembered that you never actually told your parents that Eren lived there. "But, Mom ... I don't want to leave the house" Actually, I don't care if they sell the house or not, anyway, I can't consider that place, always lonely, a home. The problem is that I can't come to live here. Eren sure wants to continue living alone.

"y/n, it is already decided. You will go to live there. We will not need to spend so much money and it will be more comfortable for you, since it is smaller and it is closer to the school" your mother explained.

"But ..." you tried to say.

"No buts. Someone from the real estate agency is coming home tomorrow," she ordered.

"Starting tomorrow, you will live in the apartment."

.•° ✿ °•.

A/N: Merry Christmas to everyone!!💞  I hope y'all have a good day:)

Also, I was super excited to write this chapter. The next one will be better!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.1K 26
❝ I just thought you were cool enough to kick it ❞ A story in which two teens fall in love through their love of music and idiotic behavior. EREN X...
286K 10.1K 48
ac: @/staticfeels_ on twt Falling full on into the illusions that come with love, you find yourself regretting two years of your life, viewing those...
13.1K 231 19
≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫ ➢DISCONTINUED!! ❃ ➢Y/n is a girl 1 year younger than Eren and she i...
13.9K 551 63
AOT modern au !! Sasha suffers from severe anxiety that takes over her entire life...along with two roommates named Connie and Jean who monitor ever...