Amelia's Story (BBC Merlin St...

By LegendsOfTime

The usual tale of a someone dying then waking up in one of their favourite TV shows with, what I hope, is a t... More

Chapter 1: The Awakening
Chapter 2: The Beginning of Her New Life
Chapter 3: Becoming Too Real
Chapter 4: Drastic Changes
Chapter 5: Family
Chapter 6: The Dragon's Call
Chapter 7: Valiant
Chapter 8: The Mark of Nimueh
Chapter 9: The Poisoned Chalice
Chapter 10: Lancelot
Chapter 11: A Remedy to Cure All Ills
Chapter 12: The Gates of Avalon
Chapter 13: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 14: Excalibur
Chapter 15: The Moment of Truth
Chapter 16: The Labyrinth of Gedref
Chapter 17: To Kill the King
Chapter 18: Le Morte d'Arthur
Chapter 19: The Curse of Cornelius Sigan
Chapter 20: The Once and Future Queen
Chapter 21: The Nightmare Begins
Chapter 22: Lancelot and Guinevere
Chapter 23: Beauty and the Beast Part One
Chapter 25: The Witchfinder
Chapter 26: The Sins of a Father
Chapter 27: The Lady of the Lake
Chapter 28: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 29: The Witch's Quickening
Chapter 30: The Fires of Idirsholas
Chapter 31: The Last Dragonlord
Chapter 32: The Tears of Uther Pendragon Part One
Chapter 33: The Tears of Uther Pendragon Part Two
Chapter 34: Goblin's Gold
Chapter 35: Gwaine
Chapter 36: The Crystal Cave
Chapter 37: The Changeling
Chapter 38: The Castle of Fyrien
Chapter 39: The Eye of the Phoenix
Chapter 40: Love in the Time of Dragons
Chapter 41: Queen of Hearts
Chapter 42: The Sorcerer's Shadow
Chapter 43: The Coming of Arthur Part One
Chapter 44: The Coming of Arthur Part Two
Chapter 45: The Darkest Hour Part One
Chapter 46: The Darkest Hour Part Two
Chapter 47: The Wicked Day
Chapter 48: Aithusa
Chapter 49: His Father's Son
Chapter 50: A Servant of Two Masters
Chapter 51: The Secret Sharer
Chapter 52: Lamia
Chapter 53: Lancelot du Lac
Chapter 54: A Herald of the New Age
Chapter 55: The Hunter's Heart
Chapter 56: The Sword in the Stone Part One
Chapter 57: The Sword in the Stone Part Two
Chapter 58: Arthur's Bane Part One
Chapter 59: Arthur's Bane Part Two
Chapter 60: The Death Song of Uther Pendragon
Chapter 61: Another's Sorrow
Chapter 62: The Disir
Chapter 63: The Dark Tower
Chapter 64: A Lesson in Vengeance
Chapter 65: The Hallow Queen

Chapter 24: Beauty and the Beast Part Two

142 5 0
By LegendsOfTime

Amelia's POV

The Troll soon delivers its next blow by accusing Merlin of stealing Catrina's seal. Hypocrite considering it stole it first.

Amelia learns about it when Sir Leon bursts into her Chambers where she is with Anne, Morgana and Gwen.

"Sir Leon?!" She exclaims.

"Sorry My Lady," Leon says. "I am looking for Merlin." Wait, what?

"Why? And why would he be in here?" Morgana questions.

"The new Queen has accused him of stealing her seal. I have also been ordered to search the whole Castle, My Lady."

"Well, I suppose we cannot fault you for that," Amelia replies trying to cover her worry. "I can tell you he is not in here. Good luck with your search."

"Thank you, My Lady." With that Sir Leon leaves. The four of them look at each other in alarm.

"What if something happens to him?" Anne murmurs sounding close to tears.

Gwen puts a hand on her arm. "I'm sure he'll be fine."

"Yes knowing Merlin, he'll somehow slip away," Amelia adds. They all share a chuckle at that.

——

Amelia and Anne hurry to Gaius' Chambers after the visit from Sir Leon as well as hearing that Guards are closing on his trail in the forest. Amelia can't find anything in her notes about what happens to Merlin here so she still worries.

They burst into Gaius' Chambers to find a Merlin standing in there with the man they were looking for. Both men jump but relax when they see it's only Amelia and Anne.

"Merlin!" Anne exclaims, rushing over to him and wrapping him in a hug. Merlin just stands there blinking in surprise.

Anne then seems to realise what she had just done and pulls back quickly, coughing awkwardly. "Eh... um... it's good to see you are alright."

"Uh thank you." Merlin mumbles. Amelia and Gaius share an amused look. It seems Gaius can also see there is something between the two of them.

Amelia then decides to walk over to Merlin and slap him on the arm.

"Ow!" He exclaims. "What was that for?!"

"For worrying us." She tells him.

"Not my fault!" Merlin complains.

"Still."

Gaius huffs, "Anyway... they picked up the trail that we left, but it won't fool them for long."

"Oh, you meant to do that?" Anne asks.

"Yes but now I better get busy," Merlin says walking to the door.

"I'm coming with you." Anne declares. "No one would suspect anything if they see me."

Amelia nods. "Okay." Her notes said that the Troll takes a potion to keep up the pretence so maybe this is when they get it.

Gaius stops them before the two leave. "And Merlin, be careful. The Guards are still searching for you." Gaius warns.

——

Anne's POV

They peek around a corner from behind the Troll to see her go inside as she scratches her arm irritably. Once she is inside, Merlin and Anne stand on a wooden box to spy on her through a grate in the wall.

"Mistress, it is time," Jonas says as the Troll is bending over the table retching. Jonas then goes to the cupboard.

"Do I have to?" The Troll whines.

"You must keep up the pretence!" Jonas says as he rifles through the cupboard. What is in there?

"I hate being like this! So clean! It's revolting. I can't keep it up. This skin, this face! I just want to claw it off!" The Troll's hands grip onto its face as if it is about to do just that, bending so far over it almost goes to the floor. Jonas comes back over carrying something.

"Think of all the money," the Troll perks up, "and the power. Soon it will all be yours." Jonas places a potion bottle on the table. Anne watches as it takes the potion. The Troll pulls back its sleeve and a patch of Troll skin disappears.

Afterwards, the Troll pulls itself up and moves to exit the room. Merlin and Anne run to hide. The Troll exits and walks past them with all the poise of a lady.

——

Anne and Merlin wait till that night when Jonas is sleeping and sneak into the Chambers.

They walk over to the cupboard and Merlin lifts his hand towards it and whispers, "Tospringe."

Jonas whimpering and crying in his sleep startles them briefly. Once he settles, Anne takes the potion bottle.

——

Amelia's POV

Anne and Merlin return with the potion bottle and Gaius analyses it over a flame.

"We saw her drink some of this potion and a patch of Troll skin on her arm disappeared," Anne explains.

"It must be pretty powerful magic to physically change her like that," Gaius notes, opening the bottle to give it a sniff.

"Could you make a potion that looks and tastes the same as this?" Merlin asks.

"I don't know. Yes, I suppose so, but without the Troll magic, it wouldn't have the same effect." Gaius says. He then walks over to a table to sit down.

"No, that's good. If this potion can be replaced with one that isn't magical..." Anne trails off.

"...Catrina will keep taking it, but it'll no longer work." Amelia finishes. Brilliant! This is how they expose the Troll though the next issue will be the enchantment.

"And she'll turn into a Troll," Merlin adds. "Think you can do it?"

"I don't know," Gaius murmurs.

"We have to make the switch before morning or Jonas will notice." Anne points out.

"Then it's going to be a long night." Gaius quips.

Amelia groans. "Oh great."

——

The next morning Gaius holds up two potions that look exactly the same.

"What's in it?" Merlin asks.

"Nothing too potent. Rat's guts." Gaius says.

"Oooh, lovely," Amelia remarks.

"Toad paste." At the looks of confusion, Gaius begins to explain, "Take two toads, grind them up..."

Anne holds up a hand to stop him. "We get the picture."

"Horse dung. Crushed sheep's eyeball."

"Oh, lovely," Amelia says, feeling like she wants to gag at the sound of it all.

"Pond scum. Three wolf spiders. And what potion isn't complete without a dash of sheep's brain?"

"Nothing apparently," Amelia mumbles through her hand.

"Yeah, sounds delicious." Merlin sarcastically agrees.

"Good, 'cause you're going to taste it," Gaius tells him.

Merlin immediately pulls back, "No way."

"It's completely harmless."

"Er, no." But after a couple of encouraging nods from Gaius, he sighs in defeat.

"If it helps, remember this is to save the Kingdom," Anne says with a grimace.

Merlin grimaces and sticks a finger into the bottle and brings his finger to his mouth. He immediately gags as soon as he tastes it. Amelia pulls a face at the sight of it. Merlin coughs before spluttering out, "That is... ugh. That is disgusting."

"Yes, to you, but not to a Troll." Gaius reminds him.

"I can't even believe you let me put that in my mouth," Merlin says.

"Yes, well, try the original," Gaius says, pulling out the other potion.

"Oh..." Merlin winces.

"Just a small amount. And be sure to spit it out." And with that Merlin does the same action as before and is straight away gagging and spits it out.

"Does it taste roughly the same?" Gaius questions.

"Yes! It's horrible." Merlin exclaims.

"Are you sure though?" Amelia asks. "Cause the Troll will notice if they're not."

"It tastes exactly the same."

"Well, let's hope she thinks so, too," Anne says.

——

Anne's POV

Anne decides that maybe she should do this one so that Merlin doesn't get caught. She still sneaks past patrolling Guards, just in case something happens, and peaks through the gate and sees that the room is empty. She slips in, whispers "Tospringe" and puts the fake potion back in the cupboard.

She then hears someone coming and hides in the wardrobe. Jonas enters and sits. Anne notices she left the cupboard door open.

"Fýrbendum fæst." She quickly whispers. Jonas hears and gets up to investigate the cupboard noise. But moves away when nothing else happens. He sits down and Anne sighs quietly. Seems she'll be here a while.

——

Amelia's POV

Amelia is taking a walk with Arthur in the Lower Town. They see Guards wrestling with a man.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Arthur exclaims, running over with Amelia close behind.

"He's refusing to pay the King's tax." The Guard, Patrick, explains. Oh yeah, Uther has introduced a harsher tax. Probably the influence of the Troll.

"You- you ask for too much." The man, in the clutches of the Guards, begs. "I've given all I can."

"That's not enough!" Patrick says, shaking him. The crowd stares at Arthur and Amelia imploringly.

"Let us see," Amelia says and Patrick hands it over.

Arthur looks in the money pouch and hands it to the man. "Release him."

"The King said..."

"He said release him and while you're at it, give them back their money. All of it." Amelia orders.

The Guards listen and Arthur and Amelia leave with people smiling and bowing to them.

——

Amelia and Arthur stand before Uther and the Troll in the Council Chambers. It had gotten back to the King and Queen about what they had done.

"I gave you a direct order," Uther says angrily.

"The people cannot afford to pay the tax," Amelia replies.

"Don't tell me you're naïve enough to take them at their word?" The Troll says as if the mere idea is ridiculous.

"We have their loyalty, their goodwill. Do not forsake that by making unreasonable demands." Arthur answers.

"Is it so unreasonable for a King to expect his subjects to obey him?" The Troll counters. Amelia looks at Uther who doesn't seem to be reacting much. Yeah definitely enchanted.

"They'll starve!" Arthur exclaims.

"There's no point of a Kingdom if its people are dead," Amelia adds.

"Nonsense." Uther finally says, standing. "They've grown too soft. Remember, these are your subjects, not your friends."

"And why can't they be both?" Arthur demands.

"Because we rule the people, not the other way around," Uther says.

"I think you're wrong," Arthur says somewhat quietly. Amelia knows that he doesn't want to go against his father like this.

"I beg your pardon?" Uther walks towards them.

"He said you're wrong," Amelia says boldly.

"Without the people, there is no Camelot. We're as much their servant as they are ours." Arthur adds, now feeling more confident.

"You allow them to address you in this manner?" The Troll asks pointedly, now standing behind him.

"No, I do not. It will not be tolerated. You will take your men down into the town and go to every house collecting the payments I demand." Uther orders.

"I will not."

"Both of you get out of my sight."

Arthur bows and Amelia curtsies and they exit. That went well.

——

Anne's POV

Hiding in the wardrobe seems never ending and then the Troll enters.

"Jonas, it's time for my potion." It croaks.

Jonas goes and collects the replaced potion. "Are your plans progressing as you'd hoped?"

"Yes, not a moment too soon." The Troll then seems to notice something. Anne holds her breath, hoping she hasn't been spotted. She quickly retreats further back into the wardrobe. Anne hears it stop right in front.

"I must admit, though, that crown will look rather fetching." Anne quietly lets out a breath, realising it's looking in the mirror. "All that gold, and them lovely jewels." Anne then sees her down the potion.

"Now, would you care to accompany your Queen?" The Troll says in its Lady Catrina voice. Jonas takes the Troll's hand and they walk out together.

Finally, Anne is able to come out of hiding, she slumps with relief against the wardrobe, gives a little smile to herself, and then exits the room.

——

Amelia's POV

The full Council is assembled in the Council Chambers when Arthur enters. Amelia stands with Gaius watching anxiously. Merlin is unable to come along due to obvious reasons.

"Father?" Arthur says.

"I'm relaxing your duties, revoking your title," Uther announces. What?!

"What?" Arthur says, unknowingly voicing Amelia's thoughts.

"We live in dangerous times, I cannot allow you to undermine my authority," Uther explains.

"You've always welcomed my counsel in the past," Arthur argues.

"You stood against me for all the people to see."

"I'm sorry. Any future grievance I have will be held in private." Arthur sounds desperate.

"No, it's too late for that." Uther turns away from him.

"Father, this is..."

"You are to be disinherited," Uther interrupts, "with immediate effect. You are no longer Crown Prince of Camelot." Amelia looks around at everyone who have similar looks of shock on their faces.

"Sire, Arthur is your son, your natural heir..." Gaius tries.

"Gaius..." Arthur wordlessly tells him to stop. "You've always taught me to be true to my heart, and that's all I've ever tried to do. To be the man you wanted me to be. Someone you were proud to call your son."

For a moment it looks like Arthur's words have gotten to his father but then it's gone. "My decision is final." And with that Arthur leaves the room.

"Queen Catrina will be named as rightful heir to the throne. The ceremony will begin forthwith." Uther sits on his throne next to the Troll.

Sir Leon begins the slow clap that everyone eventually joins in on.

——

Amelia and Gaius are sombrely telling Merlin what had just happened when Anne bursts through the door.

"We've done it! Catrina's drank the fake potion." She says cheerfully before taking in their expressions. "What's wrong? What's happened?"

"Uther has disinherited Arthur and made Catrina his heir," Gaius explains.

"Now if Uther dies, she will rule Camelot." Amelia finishes. She wishes she could remember how Uther is enchanted.

——

Everything happens in quick succession as by the afternoon, everyone is dressed in their fanciest garb for the ceremony that will make a Troll the rightful heir to Camelot.

Geoffrey of Monmouth leads the ceremony. "We are gathered here to bear witness to the naming of Queen Catrina as the rightful heir to Camelot." Amelia looks at a sad Arthur with concern and she can see Morgana doing the same. Anne is just glaring at Jonas and Gwen is chilling.

"Are you willing to take the oath?" Geoffrey asks the Troll.

"I am." It calmly answers.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of Camelot, to uphold the laws and customs of the land?"

"I... do." It itches its arm. Amelia smiles to herself. It's working!

"Will you, to your power cause law and justice in mercy to be executed in all your judgments?"

"I will." It continues scratching its arm.

"Will you, to the utmost of your powers..." Amelia sees the Troll look at Jonas with worry "...maintain the laws..."

"Yes, yes."

"I'm sorry, you-you must let me finish. The wording must be exactly right to be binding." Geoffrey says.

"Well, get on with it then. I mean, really, where did you dig up this old crone from?" The Troll demands.

"She's right. Get on with it." Uther says beaming. The audience gapes in shock. Arthur is now frowning at this unusual behaviour from his father. Amelia is just sniggering behind her hand.

"Will you, to the utmost of your powers..."

"Yes, yes."

"...maintain the laws and customs..."

"I will, I will." The Troll is getting increasingly agitated.

"...of the land, and serve the people of Camelot?" Geoffrey finally finishes.

"Yes! Just shut up and give me the crown!" The Troll bursts out. The Court gasps while Amelia chokes on her laughter. Geoffrey presents the crown to Catrina.

"Will you just hurry up!" The Troll grabs the crown and jams it on her head while running out of the Hall of Ceremonies.

"Catrina!" Uther follows her out of the room. Amelia grabs Morgana's arm and pulls her along as they rush after Uther. She isn't going to miss this!

"Catrina!" Uther calls as they turn the corner into the Red Ribbon Corridor and they come across a few Guards, who point toward the Council Chambers.

"Catrina!" Uther calls again as they reach the Council Chambers. Amelia sees the Troll bolting towards the doors. "Whatever's the matter?"

"I'm sorry..." The Troll gasps before quickly hiding its arm that looks a bit Troll like. "I don't know what came over me. I, I just suddenly felt so hot. I, do you know, I think I need to be on my own, alright?"

"Are you alright?" Morgana asks, stepping forward.

"Yes, yes, I'm, I'm fine." The Troll says abruptly causing Morgana to falter in surprise. "Really, thank you. I just..."

The Troll pulls at the doors that are mysteriously locked, stopping her from escaping. Amelia glances behind herself and notices Merlin hiding behind a pillar as well as Arthur coming into the room just behind them. "Come on. Come on. Open!" The last word no longer sounds like 'Catrina'.

"Let me." Arthur walks forward but then sees the Troll's arm and backs away. "What's that?"

At his exclamation, the Troll spins around and seems to try to explain but it's too late and she begins to transform.

"What's happening? Somebody help her!" Morgana exclaims.

"I don't think we can do anything really," Amelia replies.

The transformation, with some disgusting farting in the middle, finally completes and the Troll form is there for everyone to see.

"Wow, that's a look." Amelia can't help but say as she takes in the Troll in front of her. This is a genuinely new experience for her as she can't remember what it looked like in the show.

"You're a Troll!" Arthur exclaims.

The Troll gasps and Uther's reverie, causing him to be silent up until now, is broken. "How dare you speak about her like that!"

"What is wrong with you? Look at the state of her!" Arthur argues. The Troll is panicking where it stands.

"I don't believe it." Morgana gapes.

The Troll then rips open the door, almost hitting them, and exits with a snarl. And Uther still has a dazed look on his face.

"She just ripped a door off its hinges. Doesn't that tell you something?" Arthur continues.

"Enough!" Uther says now looking angry.

"She's a Troll! A giant... grey..." Arthur lists trying to explain what they had just seen.

"Stinking," Morgana suggests.

"Hideous!" Amelia adds.

"Hideous, stinking Troll!" Arthur finishes.

Uther then has had enough. "Stop it! Haven't you hurt her feelings enough? Insult my wife again, it'll be the last thing you ever do." They all stare slack jawed at Uther as he picks up the Troll's shoes and crown and exits.

Morgana then turns to Amelia who's still staring at where the Troll had been. "Huh." She says open mouthed. "Had not realised how ugly it would be."

"Not the time!" Morgana chastises. Amelia rolls her eyes.

"Ok, so Merlin was right," Arthur mutters.

"You think!" Amelia cries out. "Though, Arthur, your stepmother is a Troll! Literally!" Amelia then bends over laughing as Arthur groans. Morgana does her own giggling.

——

Gaius and the whole Council going to Uther to try and gently point out to him that his wife is a Troll doesn't work so the gang convenes in Gaius' Chambers.

"Uther must be enchanted. It's the only explanation." Gaius utters.

"Which is why we have to find a way to break it," Merlin says from where he's flicking through his spell book.

"You won't find anything in your magic books. Troll enchantments are too strong."

"What are we going to do then?" Anne asks.

"You must speak to the Dragon. If there's a way to break Catrina's hold on Uther, he'll know it. But be careful, dragons and Trolls have been close allies in the past." Gaius says.

Well, this is going to be fun.

——

Kilgharrah finds the story absolutely hilarious as he laughs heartily at their news.

"This isn't funny." Merlin insists.

"It is kind of funny," Amelia says, leaning over to Anne and Merlin as if she was going to whisper it but she says it loud and clear.

"Not helping," Anne mutters.

"The thought of Uther marrying a Troll! Was it a very public affair?" Kilgharrah says through his laughter.

"Public enough." Anne answers. Kilgharrah laughs some more.

"Don't laugh!" Merlin demands. "If she can't be stopped, Arthur won't become King. Albion will never be born."

Kilgharrah stops his laughing. "I'm sorry. You are right, of course."

"How can we break the enchantment?" Amelia asks.

"These are not trifling tricks. Troll magic is very powerful." Kilgharrah says.

"There has to be a way," Merlin says desperately.

"The only way you could break this enchantment is if Uther were to cry tears of true remorse," Kilgharrah says.

"How do we make him do that?" Amelia asks.

"That I can't answer. Uther's heart is cold as stone. He's never been sorry for anything."

"Uh... thanks?" Anne says.

They turn to go but Kilgharrah's voice stops them. "Young warlock, young sorceress, it was some time ago you promised to set me free. The help I give is not unconditional." Amelia purses her lips displeased.

——

They return to report back to Gaius.

"The Dragon said he had to cry tears of true remorse to break the enchantment," Merlin says.

"Which is not going to be easy. Uther's heart's closed to everyone." Amelia adds.

"Well, not everyone." Merlin rebuffs.

"Arthur." Anne realises.

"Then there's only one course of action we can take. Uther must see his son die." Gaius declares.

——

Merlin goes to wake up Arthur and inform him of their plan. So Arthur, now fully dressed, consults with the rest of them.

"So your great plan is to kill me?" He says, crossing his arms and leaning against a pillar in the room.

Merlin is cleaning the room as he talks, "No. Well, yes. It... not exactly. It's... Gaius has made a potion that gives the appearance of death without the actual dying bit." Seeing Arthur's unconvinced face, Merlin helpfully continues, "It's fine. There's nothing to worry about. It'll only bring you to the brink of death."

"Oh, only to the brink."

"We haven't got a choice." Amelia points out. "We need to make your father cry."

"He doesn't care about me anymore," Arthur says.

"Nonsense," Gaius replies. "That's Catrina's influence. I've known your father for many, many years. There's never been anyone or anything he's treasured more than you. It's perfectly safe. A single drop of the antidote will reverse the effects immediately."

That catches Arthur's attention. "Antidote. What antidote? You didn't say anything about the antidote!"

"Er... I didn't think it was important." Merlin says.

"The potion will lower your heart rate and breathing. For all intents and purposes, you will be dead." Gaius explains.

"And the antidote reverses the effects?"

"Yes," Anne says, hesitating. "If it's administered in time."

"If it isn't?"

"You will be dead," Amelia says, looking at the floor.

"You just said it wasn't important!" Arthur yells at Merlin.

"Erm... yeah, I suppose it is a bit important." Merlin mumbles. Arthur looks incredibly done with him.

"Merlin and Anne will have the antidote. Once I have administered the poison," at Arthur's look, Gaius corrects himself, "er, the potion, they'll have half an hour to get it to you."

"Don't be late," Arthur tells them.

"Am I ever?" Yeah, that's helpful Merlin.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Amelia asks him worriedly.

"It's the only way to save Camelot." Arthur rolls his eyes and drinks the potion, waits, shrugs, and then tips forward passing out causing them to jump forward to catch him and place him on the floor.

"Time to break the bad news to Uther," Gaius says.

——

Amelia and Gaius follow after Uther who is going to Arthur's Chambers to find his "dead" son.

Uther bursts into the Chambers and goes over to Arthur, falling to his knees. "My boy."

Amelia leaves the room with Gaius and goes to find Anne and Merlin. She comes round the corner to find Merlin soaking up the antidote with his neckerchief, bits of broken glass surrounding it.

"What happened?" She asks.

"I don't know," Merlin quickly explains. "Something hit us on the head."

Anne's groan alerts Amelia and she runs past Merlin to find Anne just waking up.

Amelia gently pulls her up into a sitting position. "Anne? Anne? Are you alright?"

"Uggghh... I think?" Anne groans, rubbing her head. She then straightens. "The antidote!"

"Merlin is sorting that. Come on." Amelia pulls her to her feet.

The three of them hurry to Arthur's Chambers through another door that's not the main one with what little of the antidote that Merlin was able to get.

"How I've suffered these last weeks." Amelia hears the Troll say. "Allowing you to touch me! Having to share a bed with you!"

"Ugh." Uther groans. Well, it's good to know that this part of the plan worked.

"It's repulsive." The Troll continues.

"I know the feeling," Uther mutters.

"Ooh, I've been looking forward to this." The Troll looks ready to attack.

"Guards!" Uther yells causing a few to enter. "Seize... it!"

As the fight between the Troll and the Guards begins, Merlin brings the antidote sopped neckerchief to Arthur and squeezes out one drop to revive him. Arthur wakes and Amelia, Anne and Merlin join in to pull him up.

The Troll defeats the Guards and turns to Uther but Arthur, having picked up a sword, tries to attack the Troll from behind. It doesn't work and the Troll punches him.

"Is that any way to treat your dear old stepmother?" Uther chokes at that. The Troll throws Arthur then fights off Uther and the Guards. Jonas goes for Arthur with a dagger in his hand, but Arthur stops him and runs him through. The Troll goes for Arthur again.

"Fléoge hrægl." Merlin whispers. The spell pulls the rug out from under the Troll; it lands on its back. Arthur runs her through. As it dies, it lets out a series of farts that leaves everyone in the room gagging with disgust.

Well, at least that's done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79K 3K 36
Sequel to 'Merlyn's Last Dream'. Based on Series 4 of Merlin. When ghosts plague the final moments of a doomed kingdom, cold will fracture the very h...
2.5K 88 14
"Oh gosh! I am so, so, so sorry." A small slim looking brunette sputtered out helping gather my books, "I should've been paying more attention, I'm s...
2.6K 120 7
Tap on READ to find out what this story is about!! And if you don't like it, it's ok, I'm writing for fun after all. Comment..! Vote..!
8.8K 243 35
Follow Alexandra on her journey in Camelot along with her brother, the great wizard, Merlin. Everyone has a destiny, so what is hers? With powers so...