Kamala & Doug: A Dream Come T...

By breeoc97

Kamala Harris has just become the first ever woman Vice President in a historic election. She thought that wo... More

the day after the historic win
a brunch with the bidens
stress or something else?
denial turned into reality
the first glimpse
a christmas surprise
tender loving care
the game changing moment
an inauguration gender reveal!
a sexy + romantic valentine's day
announcing the news to the world
cbs this morning interview
romantic date night
a special tattoo + friends visiting!
first ever mother's day
doug's sick day
a surprise beary baby shower!
is it time?
welcoming devi into the world
just the three of us
devi meets family via zoom!
heading home + devi meets his siblings!
biggest surprise EVER!
senate + house friends visiting!
more family visits!
the babies finally meet!
interview with joy reid
devi is one month old + heading to cali!
visiting shyamala'a grave
the dodgers and giants game!
doug's birthday
kamala's birthday
family cuddles in bed
meeting with the president of france!
devi's 1st thanksgiving
another big surprise
devi's first hanukkah
christmas eve party!
a christmas eve gender reveal
relaxing day at home
spending time with friends!
inaugural ball
visiting mama at work!
instagram pictures
a fun brunch with the clintons!
doug gets covid
formula shortage hits home
devi's 1st mother's day
ivy is here | birth announcement
planning the boys' birthday
kamala's weird pregnancy cravings!
devi meets ivy
a birthday surprise!
the macrons are in dc!
a cute morning at the white house
welcoming ivy
meeting grandpa (pt 1)
meeting grandpa (pt 2)

kennedy center honors

750 17 16
By breeoc97

*Joe, Jill, Kamala and Doug go to the Kennedy Center Honors ceremony! Kamala and Doug also tell Joe and Jill their secret! Enjoy! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜*

December 5th, 2021

Tonight is going to be a special but fun night for Kamala, Doug, Jill and Joe!

Tonight is the Kennedy Center Honors, which is an annual honor given to those in the performing arts for their lifetime of contributions to American culture.

This will be the first time in a few years that a President or Vice President has came to the event.

Right now, Kamala and Doug are getting dressed and ready because at five o'clock at the White House, Joe will honor this years nominees which are Justino Díaz, Berry Gordy, Lorne Michaels, Bette Midler and Joni Mitchell.

Devi will be babysat by Kamala's cousin Sarala, since he is too little to attend.

Kamala looks at herself in the mirror, a little self conscious on how her dress looks on since she is now pregnant again.

Kamala and Doug have only told their families that they are expecting and we're planning to tell Joe and Jill on Christmas Day.

"Dougie, does this dress look fine on me? When I got it a few months ago it wasn't like this in my stomach. I guess it's because I'm growing another Emhoff in here." Kamala says as she rubs her baby bump that is noticeable to her.

*Kamala and Doug's outfits*

"You look absolutely fantastic, baby. If there wasn't already another Emhoff growing in there, I'd make you one tonight." Doug whispers in Kamala's ear as he walks up behind her.

Doug wraps his arms around Kamala from behind and places a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm the luckiest man in the world with the most beautiful wife in the world." Doug mumbles into Kamala's neck, before kissing her again.

"Dougie, I love you." Kamala says as she turns around to give Doug a proper hug.

Doug goes in for a kiss on the lips but Kamala pulls her head back.

"Not now baby, I can't redo my makeup. You'll have to wait until after the show. Then you can ruin the makeup." Kamala says and winks at Doug.

"Fair enough, it just means that you have to wait too." Doug says before kissing Kamala's cheek again.

"I'll assure you I'd rather not." Kamala says and gives Doug another wink and a light slap on the ass.

"Feisty, Mama." Doug chuckles and Kamala roles her eyes at him.

"Watch yourself, Daddy." Kamala says before she loosens her grip on Doug and goes into the bathroom.

Kamala sprays her favorite perfume on herself while Doug finishes styling his hair.

"My hair has gotten so gray. I don't know if it's because I'm 57, our busy jobs or Devi." Doug says with a chuckle.

"I'm sure it's all three, baby. But I love your gray hair, it's sexy. We need to get leaving soon. Joe and Jill are having an reception event at the White House at five o' clock." Kamala says to Doug as she grabs her small purse.

"Well, knowing Joe, the event will start later than planned." Doug charges as he grabs his cell phone and a few mints for Kamala to help with her nausea.

As Kamala and Doug walk downstairs, they can hear Devi happily babbling as he sits in Sharada's lap.

Sharada turns the Jack In The Box handle and sings the cute little song before he pops out of the box, causing Devi to laugh loudly.

Doug and Kamala both admire Devi from the other side of the room smiling at how happy he is with Sarala.

"It looks like he'll have blast, you don't have to worry, baby." Doug says and squeezes Kamala's shoulders as Kamala turns around to look at Doug.

"I'm not really worried about him at all, I'm worried for you and me." Kamala says and strokes Doug's cheek.

"Yeah, I know. It doesn't get easier." Doug says and gives Kamala a peck on the cheek.

Doug and Kamala walk over to Sharada to say bye to her and Devi.

"Goodnight, my little boy. Be a good boy for Sarala now." Kamala says as she takes Devi in her arms for a minute and lays her cheek against his.

Devi happily babbles, causing Kamala and Doug to both smile at him.

"I've been trying to teach him to talk!" Sharada says playfully as she smiles up at Kamala and Doug as she stays seated on the floor.

"Sharada, he is only almost four months old! Babies don't talk until they are about one." Kamala says as she kisses Devi, causing Devi to giggle.

"He will definitely say a word before then! He is a smart baby. Aren't you?" Doug says in a babyfied voice causing Devi to laugh again.

Kamala and Sharada go over Devi's night time routine as Doug and Devi sit together in the recliner.

"Be a good boy for Sharada, okay? You are going to have so much fun, I can already tell." Doug says as Devi babbles and giggles.

"Come here, Devi! We are going to play some more and then you are going to have a bottle! Mmm!" Sharada says, picking Devi up and holding him close.

"Thank you again for watching him for us." Doug says to Sharada with a grin.

"No problem! You guys know I am here to help! Have fun!" Sharada says as she waves goodbye to both Kamala and Doug.

Kamala and Doug leave the house and get into the van to head over to the White House which is a quick drive from their residence.

"Ugh, why am I getting nauseated now? I was fine all day." Kamala says in annoyance as she tries to ignore her nausea.

"Have a mint, baby. Maybe it'll calm it down a little for you." Doug says and rubs Kamala's back.

"It might be the car ride." Doug adds as he hands Kamala a mint.

"Thank you, baby. You're always there to take care of me." Kamala says and rubs Doug's cheek before popping the mint in her mouth.

Doug tucks a strain of hair behind Kamala's ear to keep it out of her eyes.

"It's because I love you.... and our baby." Doug says, whispering the last part.

"I love you too." Kamala says while rubbing her hand on her non existent baby bump.

Doug knows that Kamala means both him and their baby. He leans into her and kisses her cheek before whispering.

"You'll be the best mother of two that the world has ever seen." Doug rubs his hand over Kamala small back before sitting back in his own seat, still holding one hand on Kamala's leg.

Once at the White House they check their outfits in the mirror before heading out to sit in the audience to wait for Jill and Joe.

Kamala and Doug talk with the Kennedy Center honorees as well as some of the guests that are in the audience.

Luckily, Kamala's nausea has gone away for now.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please rise for the President of the United States Joe Biden and the First Lady, Dr. Jill Biden." The announcer says as Hail To The Chief begins to play.

*Jill and Joe's outfits*

Joe and Jill walk into the room hand in hand waving at everyone before Jill sits down next to Kamala and Joe gets on the podium to speak.

Joe begins his speech, talking about each of the nominees.

Kamala holds Doug's hand feeling a little wave of nausea probably because she and Doug haven't eaten yet. Luckily at the Kennedy Center event there will be a meal.

"Come on Joe, hurry up, I'm getting hungry." Kamala says in her mind as she tries to not get sick in front of everyone.

Luckily, Kamala's nausea passes again and Joe finishes his amazing speech!

After the event at the White House, Joe, Jill, Kamala and Doug all get in a car to drive the ten minute drive to the award ceremony, which is at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

"I am so excited to see the performances tonight!" Jill says happily.

"Me too! I know it is going to be a phenomenal." Joe says as he rubs Jill's back.

"Kamala and I are very excited as well! This is our first time going to the Kennedy Center!" Doug says and Kamala nods.

"Who is baby sitting your little man tonight?" Kamala asks Joe and Jill playfully as she holds Doug's hand wanting another mint

"Ashley and Howard are! Their car is broke down so they are staying with us for a few days while it gets fixed!" Jill says wirh a grin.

"I told Ash and Howard that we easily could fly them home but they don't want to do that. Stubborn like Jill." Joe says playfully causing Kamala and Doug to chuckle.

"Taking after your mom's stubbornness seems to run I both our families I hear." Doug chuckles as he discreetly hands Kamala a mint.

"Hey! Don't blame me for stuff! You're pretty stubborn too." Kamala tries to defend herself against Doug.

"Our little poor guy has it from both bloodlines." Doug chuckles and squeezes Kamala's shoulders.

Joe and Jill both laugh and look at each other.

"It's good for Jacob that you're not stubborn at all." Jill says sarcastically to Joe.

"You know I'm only weak when it comes to you, the kids or the grandkids." Joe says and places a soft kiss on Jill's cheek.

"I know, baby." Jill says and runs her hand along Joe's thigh.

"It'll be interesting to see how they get along with each other, our little boys." Kamala chuckles.

"Christmas is going to be so much fun with Jacob, Devi, Eugenia and Bonny! And of course baby Beau! I think Beau is going to enjoy Christmas a lot more this year since he is one and a half now." Jill says wirh a cheeky grin.

Kamala and Doug both smile knowing their new baby will join in the fun next Christmas.

"Doug and I only got Devi a few things because our family has went crazy on buying him things!" Kamala says causing everyone to laugh.

"Jacob too! Jacob will have so many toys he won't know what to do." Joe says to Jill.

"We should drink some wine to celebrate!" Jill says as she pours a glass of wine for herself, Kamala and Doug. Joe grabs a bottle of water from the fridge that's in the car.

Kamala looks at Doug, a little panic in her eyes and Doug looks back at her.

"What do I do?" Kamala tries to mouth to Doug but he doesn't get the message.

Kamala decides to politely decline her offered wine.

"No thank you, Jill. I don't really feel like wine tonight. I....I don't want Devi to think I smell weird when we get home." Kamala tries to make up as an excuse.

Jill looks at Kamala, trying to make sense of this new side she's never seen before.

"Oh okay, I just figured you'd want to celebrate your first date night since Devi." Jill says while placing Kamala's glass back into the little bar.

Doug happily drinks his wine causing Kamala to get a little jealous since she loves wine.

"Are you okay, Kamala? You seem a little tired today." Joe says to Kamala, worried about her.

"Y-Y-Yeah I'm okay. I'm just..." Kamala says trying to figure out what to say.

"She has just been so busy lately." Doug says trying to help Kamala out but fails.

Jill looks at Kamala and Doug, trying to figure out why they are acting a little suspicious.

"Is everything okay? You two know you can tell Joe and I anything." Jill says to Kamala and Doug, sipping on her wine.

"I'm.....we're absolutely fine, nothing to worry about." Kamala says and looks at Doug for help.

"Yeah.....we're fine. I just think there's been a lot......lately. With Devi and all of that." Doug tries to explain his and Kamala odd behavior.

"You know you can tell me if the workload is too big, Kamala. I'll happily rearrange things if you are struggling to get by. I know I've given you a lot of important topics and I know that you work like hell on every single one of them." Joe says and smiles at Kamala.

"Thank you, Joe." Kamala says and smiles back before looking up at Doug.

Kamala searches for Doug's eyes and tries to give him a look saying "Should we tell them?" but Doug seems to not understand and just looks confused at Kamala.

Kamala then makes sure Joe and Jill aren't looking before whispering into Doug's ear.

"I think we need to tell them." Kamala says and Doug nods smiling at Kamala.

"Well, Kamala and I do have some news but we wanted to wait but I guess we can't now." Doug says as he holds Kamala's hand and smiles at her.

"What is it?" Joe asks Kamala and Doug.

"Yeah, what is it? Are you guys okay?" Jill asks Kamala and Doug.

"Please don't tell everyone." Kamala says softly to Jill and Joe.

"Of course we won't!" Jill says with a grin.

"You know we won't!" Joe says as he chuckles.

"A few days after Thanksgiving, Doug and I found out something." Kamala says with a big smile on her face.

"Oh!" Jill says as she sits up straight and Joe wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"The fact is that we're.....I'm pregnant again." Kamala says as she squeezes Doug's hand tight.

Joe and Jill's faces instantly light up at the happy baby news.

"Wow, I didn't expect that! Congratulations!" Jill says with a big bright smile.

Joe is still stunned by the news of a new baby.

"Congratulations!" Joe say as well and leans over to pat Kamala on the arm.

"We're both so happy for you! And for Devi too, of course!" Jill says and leans over to take both of their hands in hers.

"Thank you!" Kamala and Doug both say in with big smiles at Jill and Joe.

"How far along are you?" Jill asks Kamala with lots of excitement.

"Seven weeks! We got an ultrasound done a day after we came back from California. The baby has a heartbeat and is perfect." Kamala says happily and Doug smiles.

"Aw, how exciting! Oh my gosh, I feel so silly trying to give you wine now!" Jill says to Kamala, making both of them laugh.

"It's okay! It's okay! You didn't know!" Kamala says with a chuckle.

"How are you feeling?" Joe asks Kamala, making sure she is okay.

"I feel pretty good! I'm more tired than I was with Devi and I'm really nauseous. But other than that, I feel good!" Kamala says and Doug smiles.

"She has been eating mints to help with her nausea." Doug says to Kamala with a chuckle.

"You need to get something to eat! As soon as we get there we need to order Kamala some food." Jill says to Kamala and then at Joe.

"That's what I've been saying, baby. You need to eat every chance you get." Doug says, rubbing Kamala's arm.

"I know you've said that, but I don't want to gain that much weight." Kamala says quietly to Doug.

"That shouldn't be an issue, baby. The baby and your's health is the most important." Doug says to Kamala.

"You need to eat, Kamala. I won't have the mother of my grandkid not getting enough nutrition and energy." Jill says to Kamala.

"I'll eat with you Kamala if you don't want to feel alone. Jill can confirm that I'll eat every chance I get." Joe chuckles.

"Yeah, that would feel better." Kamala says softly.

"We'll all take a little energy and nutrition break. They won't start without us." Jill says and pats Kamala knee.

"Thank you, guys. It feels so good to have your support behind us." Kamala says and leans into Doug.

"Of course! We are so excited to have another grandbaby coming! When are you due?" Jill asks Kamala as she holds Kamala's hands.

"July 31st." Kamala says proudly and Doug smiles.

"Oh my gosh, Irish twins! Just like Beau and Hunt." Jill says as she and Joe chuckle.

"We weren't expecting to have another baby, let alone a baby close in age to Devi! We are are very blessed though." Doug says as he smiles at Kamala.

"Do you guys think it's a boy or a girl?" Joe asks wirh a smile.

"I think it's a boy and Doug thinks it's a girl. Either way we will be very excited and happy." Kamala says as she smiles at Doug.

"Devi is going to be a great big brother!" Jill says with excitement.

"He is going to be such a good big brother. He's got the right happy attitude." Joe says and smiles happily at Kamala and Doug.

"I've already bought him a big brother shirt." Doug confesses.

"That's so sweet, Natalie wore one of those when Beau and Hallie told us they were having another baby." Joe says and smiles at the memory.

"She was so sweet and so excited to show us her special shirt." Jill adds and takes Joe's hand.

"We're so excited to tell people even though it might be a bit early now." Kamala says.

"I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll have the best medical care there is. I'll personally call Walter reed tomorrow to set you up with the best doctor they have." Joe says reassuringly.

"Aw, Joe. I really really appreciate it." Kamala says with a big smile.

"Of course. You are my number one partner and like a daughter to me. I want to make sure you and the baby are healthy and happy." Joe says causing Kamala to smile.

"More baby shopping!" Jill says as she cheers happily, causing Kamala and Doug to smile.

Jill, Joe, Kamala and Doug all go to the Kennedy Center Honors ceremony!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662 31 6
It's been a busy time at the White House in the lead up to Christmas so Joe plans a little surprise for Jilly.
1.6K 66 26
Andrea Parker is the campaign manager for the newest senate Candidate Jon Ossoff and a single mom of twins and someone who was very strict on the pe...
1.1K 51 18
Maya and Farkle one shots. First Published - 20th August 2021 Completed -
37.6K 803 10
NOW COMPLETE Joe's never a had a girlfriend before. Turns out, there's a lot to learn. One-shot series covering moments in Joe and Dianne's relations...