Double Or Nothing (Book two i...

By leighxxx

Sequel to Into The Moon leighxxx Harry and Harley are getting ready to celebrate their eighteenth birthday. H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 37

2.8K 96 46
By leighxxx

Hey everyone, yeah I know two weeks is a long time but here it is the next chappy!

Hope its ok nothing really important happens but it’s a nice steady chapter so please comment fan and vote and let me know what you think

Love you all

leighxxx

Chapter 37

Logan’s Pov

I watched in darkness as she slept, yeah creepy I now but I couldn’t help it, I couldn’t sleep I hadn’t since I’d met her. Her long dark hair fell over her face as she murmured sweetly in her sleep. The moonlight that crept in through the small gap in the curtain landing on her face only to illuminate the bruises and cuts that were still present on her milky white skin.

The anger bubbled down deep inside me as I thought about this poor girl, about what she’d been through. The second I realised who she I was I swore nobody and nothing would ever hurt her again. No matter what happened my main goal in my life was now to make sure this little thing asleep in Harleys room was safe and happy.

Over the last week or so the only time I’d left her was to go to the hospital to see the guys and Harley, I hadn’t told anyone what I knew, what I’d realised when everything had settled down.

That day when I saw those bastards dragging her through the corridor I knew I was drawn to her but I didn’t think anything of it, I mean come on anyone seeing a girl being dragged by her hair screaming and battered would feel the same but those feelings just got more intense when I touched her in that cell. I pushed it to the back of my head not wanting to think that I would be so unlucky as to have a mate, to find her now when all my attention needed to be on Harry and Harley and for her to a child, to be younger than me was worse.

No I pushed it away and concentrated on getting them all out safe but later when she was in the hospital back on the pack grounds whens she was sobbing for Carter I couldn’t help myself I grabbed her wrapping my arms around her letting her sob for hours. I didn’t say anything to her except that she was ok and that I would never let anybody hurt her again. My body felt warm, as the sparks and shocks flowed from her into me making me feel whole and for once in my life totally complete.

Yeah I never wanted a mate, I was happy with my way of life, I was happy going from one girl to another but as this girl lay in my arms I knew there and then I would wait for her, there would never be another girl and even if she didn’t know it yet she was my everything and if the only way I could show it at the moment was protecting her then that’s what I would do.

When she was ready to come home I made sure she came back to ours. I didn’t tell Mom and Dad who she was I just made sure they knew she was my responsibility, that I had to take care of her and that I was the only person she felt safe with aside form Carter who lets be honest wasn’t going to be seeing her anytime soon.

So here she was fast asleep for the first time days, over the past weeks, she’d barely spoken to anyone except me and Serena. My Mom and Dad tried with her but she’d just clam up and started panicking, never mind when Carter was mention she just sobbed. Every sound that left her made my heart beat so fast and hard I thought it was going to pound out of my chest. I didn’t know I could feel anything like this as I looked at her sleeping, all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around her and make everything better for her, to make her sleep without nightmares, to make everything right so she’d never have to be sad and hurting again.

Carter had told my Dad and Uncle she’d had her birthday two days ago, she was thirteen which was older than I thought, I had originally  thought she was about eleven but thank god I was wrong, that was four years, I could wait that. I’d watch her and help her and when she was ready I’d be there, like I said now I’d met her there would never be anyone else again.

The poor girl hadn’t mentioned it and I doubt she even realised what day of the week it was never mind her birthday after everything she’d been through. She’d mentioned a few things when we’d been alone, I knew she felt safe with me, she felt some kind of pull even she didn’t know what it was and now she was thirteen and according to her brother of Beta blood too she’d shift anytime from now until god knows when and when she did she’d know. She’d know she was my mate, yeah she was young and I knew she wouldn’t be ready for a long time but as long as she knew I was here waiting for her protecting her that was enough for me for now.

“Logan” she screamed in her sleep snapping me from my thoughts and making me run over to her to see her thrashing about in her bed sobbing. I couldn’t believe she’d shouted for me, the past three weeks she’d been shouting Carter, calling for him to save her, to help her but today, no today she’d shouted my name.

“Sush, Frankie its ok I’m here” I soothed shaking her slightly waking her up making her jump and scream, her dark eyes steaming with tears as I engulfed her in my arms.

“Logan” she sobbed falling into my arms shaking as I held her tightly and stroked her long black hair in an attempt to soothe her.

“Sush, it’s a dream. It’s ok your safe now” I cooed rocking her back and forth as my heart broke for the pain she was in as she sobbed into my chest

She just looked up at me leaving my t-shirt wet through with her tears as she whimpered, her dark eyes locking with my own making me gulp hoping to god I could control myself for the next few years.

“You saved me” she whimpered again as I smiled the best I could wiping her tears with my hands and sighing as she trembled beneath them.

“Oh Frankie, I will always save you. You’re safe with me” I said pulling her back into my chest knowing I couldn’t look into those beautiful eyes without crumbling and telling her everything and I couldn’t do that she wasn’t ready she was too young for any of this. 

“I know, you’re the only person I do feel safe with Logan, thank you”  she trembled into my chest as she spoke the words that hit me like a tonne of bricks.

“Don’t thank me; there is absolutely nothing to thank me for. I will always be here. Just go back to sleep I won’t leave you” I whispered to her fighting back the tears and the loneliness I was feeling knowing I loved her more than life its self and there was absolutely nothing I could do it about.

A few hours past and she’d fallen back to sleep on my chest, her tiny body moulded into my side as if it knew that’s where it was meant to be. Sighing quietly and brushing a strand of hair behind her ear I kissed her cheek softly trying my best to ignore those damn shocks I’d heard Harley and Flynn mention so many times and slowly eased her down onto the bed covering her up. She looked lost in Harleys massive bed and huge quilt but she was safe and she wasn’t having any more nightmares, she was just sound asleep.

Taking one last look I crept from the room slowly not knowing what to do, I was lost and I mean seriously lost. How can one person be so lonely, so empty yet whole at the same time? I yearned for the day she knew she wanted me, she was ready, I wanted to kiss her feel her skin against mine and the fact I couldn’t was driving me insane. I was so angry that I found her now, why couldn’t I have met her two or three years down the line, so she knew she was mine, so we could be together. But no that didn’t happened I’d found her now and I’d have to wait for her.

I took a look at my bedroom door and walked the completely opposite way down the stairs looking at all the pictures littered on the wall. Pictures of all the family, when everything was good, normal and when everything was simple, when we could just go about our lives carefree like nothing mattered but playing in the mud and being happy.

I looked over at one in particular that caught my eye, one of all four of us, me and Harry grinning at the camera either side of Harley and Flynn who were just looking at each other completely lost in whatever moment they were having or whatever they saying to each other. I could feel myself welling up at the sight of these two little kids, we all must have only been ten maybe eleven but the way they looked at each other was so, it was so eye opening. I’d never noticed it before but it was as if they knew they were supposed to be together, that even as children they were the happiest when they were together, they were a perfect match.

That what mates were a perfect match, that’s what Frankie was to me, she was my match and no matter how hard this was for me there was a reason I’d met her now and not years down the line and that was to keep her safe. I saved her and I would keep saving her until every last breath had left my body.

“You know I don’t know how you both missed it” Dads voice echoed up the stairs as he stood smiling at me looking at that picture of my three best friends.

I knew he’d be back tonight, he’d been at the hospital nearly two days, Harley had woken up last night and him and Ryder had refused to leave until Uncle Milo and Aunt Abby had gone home and got some rest. I couldn’t have been happier when it came to that, everything was starting to right its self again and even though I’d not been yet I had every intention of seeing her at some point this morning I just needed to somehow compose myself and believe me I struggling. It wasn’t something I ever struggled with, I always managed to stay calm, focused no matter what the situation but it was just impossible at the minute, until I knew Frankie was safe and that she was getting better, I even think a bit of counselling would help her, anything to try and help her.

“Me either” I said quietly sighing as I walked down the stairs towards my dad, he stood there in some stripy pyjama pants and a plain black t-shirt, his hair fell over his eyes, he looked as if he’d only be awake a few minutes.

“You know everything will work out son” he said walking into the kitchen, me following silently hoping to god he was right.

“What time is it” I asked looking out through the kitchen window at the moon still shining over everything.

“It was half four last time I looked…how’s Frankie” he said pausing as he mentioned her then carrying on flicking the kettle on and scooping coffee granules into two mugs.

“She’s…she’s…she’s ok Dad” I said not knowing what to say to him, how to explain everything and just how scared she really was.

“I heard her crying for you” he said quietly, his back still to me as he messed about with the coffee mugs.

“Yeah she did” I said half smirking that it was me she called for not her brother as he let out a loud sigh and turned around so that he was facing me.

“I know Logan” he said taking me surprise, well I guess I wasn’t hiding it very well, every time her name was mention I stiffened, when she was around I did nothing but follow her around like a guard dog and stare.

“You do” I said my entire body dropping not know what to say to him.

“Logan of course I do, you’re my son I know everything there is to know about you and I know that look. I’m not stupid why didn’t you talk to me Lo?” he sighed turning back around and pouring the now boiling water into the mugs.

“I didn’t know what to do Dad, I still don’t. I mean she’s only thirteen dad, thirteen. What the hell am I supposed do” I said taking a ragged breath in and brushing my hair back angrily at the whole situation.

“You’re supposed to be patient and wait for her like I know you will. Logan look I’ve done things that would make your toes curl, things I’m not proud of and I hurt your mom in the process. Please just believe me when I say waiting for her, well it’s worth everything. Those few years will fly by and I know you will never leave her side but when she’s ready its will all be worthwhile” he said smiling softly and handing the steaming coffee, the aroma hitting my nose making me think of Harley immediately, it always did.

“What if I can’t” I muttered voice my concerns for the first time out loud, yeah I wanted to wait for I would protect her and not let her ever get hurt again but what if I couldn’t hold off, I knew it, everyone knew it I was a man hoe…I liked the girls, I needed that feeling.

“You can do it, it’s not worth it Logan, believe me I know” he sighed sadly as we sat around the table, me sinking into the chair not knowing what to say.

“Logan look its hard I know it’s hard and with everything that’s happening it’s the last thing I know you want to deal with but I have faith in you son, I know you, I know that even though you never wanted this, now she’s here I know you’ll do the right thing.”

“I didn’t want it” I said shaking my head agreeing with what he’d said to me, I’d never wanted it.

“But you do now” he smiled over at me making me smile back nodding.

“Yeah I kind of guess I do. I want what Harley and Flynn have what you and Mom have and I honestly don’t know why it changed” I said still smiling to myself imagining Frankie older and being laid in my arms looking up at me with all the love I had for her, she had for me shining in her dark brown eyes.

“Yeah you do, it’s because you found her. Logan there’s a reason you found her and it was to save her…imagine if Flynn had have gone by himself, he’d have left her and Carter and just got Harley out, he’d have got shot and no one would have been there to help him, to help Frankie. That drive for you to help your friend to find your cousin everything led you to her even if neither of you knew it. You were meant to find her, she has no one else except Carter, she needs you and I know you won’t let her down”

Harrys Pov

I jumped up grinning from ear to ear; this was it they were letting her come home, four weeks and six days since she’d been taken from me they were letting her come home. It had been a few days since she’d woken up and I’d healed her properly and they could find nothing physically wrong with her so they were letting her come home.

I’d been let out within a few hours of me sleeping the affects off and at this moment in time I was at home looking at the clock that said seven forty six am. Mom and Dad had made me come home last night I think the doctors were getting fed up off mine and Flynn’s jokes and harassing them. Ever since she’d woken up I’d gotten my friend back, Flynn was back to his old self, yeah he had an edge to him and his eye was always on Harley, never letting her out of his sight but he was back, Logan on the other hand was acting weird still, yeah we saw him and he joked about and had a laugh with us, he talked to Harley and seem like him but no, something was going on with him and I couldn’t put my finger on it.

He seemed distracted, worried, but strangely content. I suppose these last few weeks had affected us all differently and no matter how hard we laughed and joked and tried to forget all the shit that had happened we couldn’t, it was still there in the back of our minds forever haunting it.

“Mom” I screamed flinging my room door open and bounding down the stairs banging on my Mom and Dad’s door as I went

“Dad” I screamed again only to fall on the last step landing flat on my backside with a thud

“Harry I know you’re excited but look where you’re walking” Mom laughed appearing from her room yawning as Dad followed wrapping his arms around his waist and smiling at the sight of me on my butt at the bottom of the stairs.

“Harry she’ll still be asleep now, what’s the big rush” Dad chuckled walking down the stairs as I stood to my feet dusting my butt off.

“I don’t know what’s happening but I’m guessing Flynn and the babies are staying here” I said walking off into the kitchen making Mom and Dad trail in behind me stuttering something about yeah and they need to speak to Flynn and Harley.

“Look you’ve seen how big those babies are, they’ll be here in a few weeks and Harley won’t be home until tonight…so I was thinking maybe we could get everyone in and redecorate her room so it’s for her and Flynn and we can make the guest room into the nursery for the twins” I grinned to myself as I riffled through the cupboards looking for something quick to eat.

“Yes” I fist pumped I the air when I found a marshmallow bar, yeah not very breakfast-y but I didn’t care as I ripped it open stuffing into my mouth to see Mom and Dad cuddled up together looking at me really weirdly as they grinned at me

“What” I said my voice muffled with the mallow in my mouth

“You are the sweetest boy when you want to be do you know that” Mom said grinned and sinking into Dads side, I’d have moaned and been generally grossed out normally but I was so excited today I didn’t care how loved up Mom and Dad were.

“So can we” I said spitting half of the mallow lout as I spoke acting like a little kid, I could actually see where Henry got the hyper-ness from making Dads booming laugh echo around the room.

“Yeah we can I think that sounds like a great idea, I’ll get everyone together, you tell Logan and start clearing her room, you’re Mom, Mya and Aunt Gab will no doubt be taking the credit cards for a major battering getting the babies stuff” he grinned planting a big sloppy kiss on Moms lips making shudder for a second at the look in his eye and I don’t want to even get started on the feelings he was sending off.

Neither of them mentioned any pack work that needed doing today and I was guessing they’d delegated to the top rankers given Har was coming home today. I ran upstairs giving Mom a quick kiss on the cheek

#Hey dude, get your butt over to mine. Where decorating Harley’s room and the babies’ nursery as a surprise before she comes home# I yelled excitedly into Logan’s head as I flung open the door into my room and quickly pulled some grey sports pants on

#What the fuck Haz? It’s like seven in the morning# he moaned into my head sounding half asleep.

#Just get your butt round here# I laughed back at him

#Right if I must…wait how the hell are we going to redecorate two rooms in less than twelve hours# he muttered into my head making me sigh.

#Lo we can do it just come on, I don’t know what’s gotten into you but cheer up man. We haven’t just hung out for ever# I moaned into his head flinging myself back onto my bed my good mood starting to evaporate as his bad one hit me.

#I know, I’m sorry Harry it’s just I’ve a lot going on and you and Flynn have been worrying about things , I mean me too but I just…oh god this is hard. Harry I’ll over soon# he said sounding like a guy being tortured, I’d never heard or felt him so mixed up, he should be happy Harley was coming home, he loved her like a sister, I mean come on he risked his life to save her but he was distracted and judging by his tone and little speech he knew it.

#Lo, what’s going on# I asked seriously, he wasn’t just my cousin, he was my best friend, he was my beta he was the person I always went to when I needed something, now it was his turn he should be able to come to me.

#It’s complicated# he sighed back as I rubbed my eyes with my hands trying to think of the best way to prise this out of my closed off friend. He was one of those guys that never did well with emotion, never talked about the deeper stuff, yeah I was one of those guys too…well I was until all this happened, I’d learnt the hard way that life is too short and that while you had the change you needed to tell the people you loved the most exactly how you felt.

#Logan come on after everything that’s happened, after everything we’ve all been through that’s the best you can do. You know how much you mean to me Lo, to all of us. I want to help you, please tell me what’s wrong# I pleaded with him hearing his sigh and feeling his panic.

#Frankie’s my mate# he said quietly making me sit up bolt right my eyes wide in shock.

#As in little Frankie# I said still in total shock, he never wanted a mate never mind Carters sister, never mind one younger than him

#Yep# he sighed

#As in little Frankie Carters sister# I said again not actually being able to get my head around it

#Yep# he said again slightly more cheerful now, as if a massive weight had been lift from his shoulders

#Does she know# I asked shaking my head more to myself than anyone

#I don’t think so, she knows she’s safe with me and she knows he can trust me but aside from that until she shifts for the first time I’m not telling her. She’s so lost, so scared Harry I can’t upset her any more than she already is# he said his voice cracking as he spoke about her, I could tell how much this girl meant to him already, no wonder he was so out of sorts, his head must be totally mashed up at the thought that his mate had no idea who he was and there was nothing he could do until she was older.

#Dude come over, we can talk properly when we sort Har and Flynn’s room out# I said wanting to do this in person, I’d said all along as soon as he saved Harley and saved me that I’d do anything for him, that I owed him, I would keep that promise to myself, I would help him through this if it took years I’d help him and I’d be there for him.

#On my way, thanks Harry for not freaking# he said nervously, obviously thinking I’d hate her because of her brother, truth be told after hearing everything that had actually happened I didn’t even hate Carter, yeah I didn’t like him, yeah I’d never forgive him but I didn’t hate him and I understood. He loved his sister like I loved mine and in the same position I’d do the exact same thing. Plus meeting Frankie I was glad she was his mate, yeah she was young but she was strong, kind, unbelievably resistant and so sweet. She was like a female version of him at her age all be it a bit feistier and I had no doubt when she had a few more years on her she’d be one hell of a match for him.

#Why would I freak out Lo, the only thing that was freaking me out was knowing something was getting at you and you couldn’t tell me what. You know you can talk to me, me or Flynn# I said getting up and walking across the landing to Harleys room and slowly opening the door taking a deep breath in as I scanned the entire room and amount of furniture and general school and girl crap I needed to move.

#Yeah I know I just needed time, I mean I still haven’t got my head around it and if I told you guys it would kind of mean it’s real if you know what I mean, anyway I’m just coming out of the door I’ll be five minutes ok# he said as I started stacking all her books and magazine, clothes anything loose and to hand into a pile on her bed.

#Yeah, just walk in I’m in Harleys room, Mom and Dad are downstairs and Hayden and Henry are still in bed# I said not pushing the Frankie thing, he’d talk to me when he got here now he’d broken that first barrier.

#Cool see you soon, and thanks Haz# he said his voice completely changed from a few moments ago when all it was, was worry and stress.

#No probs dude# I smiled as I grabbed all the stuff I’d piled on the bed and wrapped the quilt around lifting it with one hand and plonking it down outside her door, thank god for werewolf strength without it I’d have no chance of getting this room emptied in less than an hour.

Within five minutes I’d emptied the majority of her little bits and bats and piled them outside both my room and hers now all that was left was the big bits, all the furniture and her clothes from the draws and wardrobes. Just as I was opening the massive white double wardrobe my sister had to see all the clothes she owned and I’d never seen her wear, most still with tags on I heard the door go downstairs and Logan bounding up towards me.

“Morning then Logan” Dad shouted up laughing at him

“Yeah morning Uncle Milo” he said as he bounded into Harleys room almost knocking the door of its hinges and closing it behind him slouching down it

“Jesus man what’s up with you” I chuckled seeing sitting with his head in his hands

“How the fuck am I going to do this Haz, she woke up as I was coming out, how the hell am I supposed to go all those years without locking her in the house so no one goes near her” he sighed angrily still not moving his head from his hands

“Hey you’re asking the wrong person, I’m the fucking loner now, you’ve all found your mates except me” I joked, it really didn’t bother me I had enough ladies to last me forever and the steady stream kept me happy plus Logan’s stressing and seeing Harley and Flynn try and cope with those twins was enough for me, I’d rather see them live it and me have my hoes then have to deal with all that.

“Seriously Harry, Dad says I can do but I’m not so sure” he said banging his head against the side of the door

“Hey if anyone can you can” I smiled bending down to him squeezing his shoulder

“So your Dad knows then” I said pulling him and nodding over at the clothes I needed to put into bags and boxes

“Yeah he guessed you know nothing gets past him” he muttered walking over and holding the bag open so I could throw Harleys clothes in.

“True, so how are you really doing Lo” I asked carefully not wanting to bombard him with question after question.

“Shockingly bad” he laughed sarcastically making me raise my eyebrow at him questioningly

“Logan, it’s not that bad” I chuckled as he threw the now full bag to the other side of the room and opened another as I threw her shoes in

“Not that bad. I’ve got an totally amazing mate but she’s thirteen, not shifted, happens to be totally scared and mentally drained and is the guy that kidnapped my cousins sister…yeah it’s not that bad at all” he scoffed

“But you have her, you saved her and she’s getting better and just think these next few years you have to get to know her.” I smiled trying to shine some light on the situation, I mean come on it wasn’t the end of the world and after everything that had happened this was nothing.

“Yeah I suppose I’d never thought of it like that. It’s not just about protecting her; it’s about getting to know her.” He said quietly maybe more to himself than me.

“So you love her then” I asked out right not knowing how he felt knowing she was so young and she didn’t know what was happening between them

“Yep” he said popping the p and throwing the now full bag of shoes with the other.

“Like love her love her”

“Yep” he said walking over and opening the door then grabbing the other end of the wardrobe from me and walking into the hall stepping over the bags that he’d just thrown.

“That’s pretty cool” I smiled genuinely pleased for him, I knew he never wanted it but I also knew without even acknowledging the feelings coming of him how much he loved her and wanted to protect her from the world.

“Pretty weird” he laughed making me laugh with him

“Well yeah that too but hey what’s our life without weird in it” I shrugged as he stopped grabbing my shoulder staring straight at me seriously

“Haz are you sure you’re ok with this, I mean she is Carters sister” he sighed making me smile and pull him into a man hug we hadn’t done in a while.

“Of course I am. It’s not Frankie’s fault is it” I smiled making him smile back.

“Well come on then, you woke me up for this so let’s finish this room. I can’t wait to see their faces…does Flynn even know he’s moving in here?” he chuckled as I shook my head

“No I don’t think they’ve talked about it but it was either her move in the Sanderson’s or him move in here and I don’t think Dad would let her go anywhere after what’s happened” I said shuddering at the thought of her being taken.

“True but they can’t live here forever Haz, they’ll have two babies in a month” he said as we went to lift the bed into the middle of the room and pile the draws on top.

“Yeah I know but its good they’re here for now” I smiled looking forward to seeing her everyday again at the breakfast table and seeing her cradling those babies, she’d make an amazing Mom.

“Yeah we can all hang out again” he smiled, I could feel how much he was looking forward to it as all his emotions hit me again, I was starting to learn how to control it, to turn it on and off when I wanted so I wasn’t swamped with everyone’s emotions in the vicinity like I was a few weeks ago.

“Yeah too right we can I just hope that we have at least a few weeks until any more trouble starts up again, they don’t need it”  sighed not even wanting to think about what we still had left to do, I hadn’t forgotten. Believe me the very notion haunted me every day knowing that she would come back and we’d have to face her.

“No they don’t but this time she won’t get near Harley or the babies because we won’t leave her” he said as we worked his voice filled with a certainty I wish I had. No we wouldn’t leave her but I knew Harley and she wouldn’t have any of us putting ourselves before her…no she’d be right there with us getting back at the bitch that put her through hell.

…………………………………………………………….

Sooooo what did you all think, hope it was ok, let me know what you think

Please comment vote and fan and thanks for reading

leighxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
3.5K 344 39
Thirty two. I was thirty two now and mateless. It wasn't so bad when my sisters had been with me. well except Robin. She had married at eighteen to a...
894K 21.5K 26
"You're my mate," he whispers as takes my hand. Huh?! I'm your what? Amber has never heard of werewolves before, either has anyone else. The only peo...
18.1K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...